PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans/Gasol..

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2010, 10:38 PM
As everybody knows, most Laker fans don't actually respect Pau Gasol, constantly insulting him, and holding him to a different standard than any other player in their franchise's history..as mystar mentioned in the game thread, a Lakers TV poll actually asked about "the most important pieces" of the Lakers potential success, and Gasol wasn't even on the poll..

What do you guys think is the primary reason for this?..

- He threatens Kobe's legacy and current status..

or

- The way in which he was acquired..as everybody knows, it was a questionable deal, and clearly it turned the Lakers franchise around..

Or a different reason?..

Hemotivo
11-30-2010, 10:39 PM
he's from spain

Quit Hatin'
11-30-2010, 10:40 PM
you obviously didnt watch the last three games.

DPG21920
11-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Laker fan so quick to turn on Pau, but let Kobe's chucking cuckold ways go all over their faces.

Ace
11-30-2010, 10:41 PM
When Bynum comes back :cry

The Gemini Method
11-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Everyone on that team deserves some blame for the 3-game skid. From Phil down to The Gatorade boy...next up: a gritty Houston team...ack.

jestersmash
11-30-2010, 10:42 PM
He threatens Kobe's legacy and current status.. <-- That one.

Giuseppe
11-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Everyone on that team deserves some blame for the 3-game skid. From Phil down to The Gatorade boy...next up: a gritty Houston team...ack.

Yep, there is blood in the water.

Quit Hatin'
11-30-2010, 10:43 PM
When Bynum comes back :cry

when the playoffs start everything will click :cry

Red Hawk #21
11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
As everybody knows, most Laker fans don't actually respect Pau Gasol, constantly insulting him, and holding him to a different standard than any other player in their franchise's history..as mystar mentioned in the game thread, a Lakers TV poll actually asked about "the most important pieces" of the Lakers potential success, and Gasol wasn't even on the poll..

or

- The way in which he was acquired..as everybody knows, it was a questionable deal, and clearly it turned the Lakers franchise around..

Or a different reason?..

How does the way Laker fans think of Pau affect you in any way?

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm just saying..

I kind of understand why Kobe has a pass, he's one of the best players in franchise history and has 5 rings..even if the double standard is unfair, it's kind of understandable..

However, when Pau does anything wrong, it's heavily criticized, more than any player I've ever seen..

When Andrew Bynum does ANYTHING good, he starts getting compared to prime Kareem and Olajuwon..

Killakobe81
11-30-2010, 10:45 PM
you obviously didnt watch the last three games.

Last 3? 4 of the last 5 ... Real Wescoast G's dont tolerate when dudes play soft Pau played well the last 5 mins. But where was he when Memphis built that lead? Kobe is missing more than he is hitting but at LEAST He COMPETES for 38 mins every night

Let me ask you this ...WHy do you guys even care? why do Spurs fans hate on Parker?

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2010, 10:45 PM
How does the way Laker fans think of Pau affect you in any way?

I respect his game, one of my favorite players to watch..I get upset when he doesn't get his respect..

ezau
11-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Gasol doesn't get much respect because Laker fans are tired of seeing Kobe being the sidekick. Whatever Kobe does, he should always be regarded as this generation's Scottie Pippen.

Giuseppe
I respect his game, one of my favorite players to watch..I get upset when he doesn't get his respect..

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
Pau is a great very skilled player one of the best skilled guys in the NBA but he is soft by nature when he gets physical that is him "out of character"

Gutter92
11-30-2010, 10:49 PM
The thing I don't get is...they don't respect him when the talks turn to Kobe's legacy...

BUT...

when it comes to talk about why the Lakers are the best team in the league*..."We have Kobe and Pau, both the best at their position" etc..

so which is it?

Killakobe81
11-30-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm just saying..

I kind of understand why Kobe has a pass, he's one of the best players in franchise history and has 5 rings..even if the double standard is unfair, it's kind of understandable..

However, when Pau does anything wrong, it's heavily criticized, more than any player I've ever seen..

When Andrew Bynum does ANYTHING good, he starts getting compared to prime Kareem and Olajuwon..

That is NOT trueI never set the bar that high for andrew ...and I appreciate what Pau does. I also dont appreciate what he doesnt which is provide a conistent physical presence ...just like Kobe's shot selection is poor at times no player is perfect not even MJ. Every Laker game I have called out Kobe when he takes a forceed shot or a heat check one ...

Giuseppe
11-30-2010, 10:51 PM
when the talks turn to Kobe's legacy

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
11-30-2010, 10:53 PM
The thing I don't get is...they don't respect him when the talks turn to Kobe's legacy...

BUT...

when it comes to talk about why the Lakers are the best team in the league*..."We have Kobe and Pau, both the best at their position" etc..

so which is it?

Kobe's legacy is not at stake with Pau ...Kobe won with shaq and Pau and Pau becoming a better player only helps Kobe get more rings ...

Only you silly haters with that sidekick nonsense care ... Kobe wont catch MJ's legacy but he will pass duncan's and it kills you and is why yall post this juvenile basketball takes in every Laker thread ...

and yes I am pissed that the Lakers are bullshoitting so I aplogize if I am wording this like a prick but yall do post some slly shit in here ...

Red Hawk #21
11-30-2010, 10:53 PM

Well, Idk if you're trolling or not but he really has become a great player. He's just so much better now compared to his Memphis days. Very underrated player. He's never really going to get the credit he deserves because he's not a flashy player, but he gets the job done.

Killakobe81
11-30-2010, 10:54 PM
The thing I don't get is...the game of basketball tee, hee

Gutter92
11-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Kobe's legacy is not at stake with Pau ...Kobe won with shaq and Pau and Pau becoming a better player only helps Kobe get more rings ...

Only you silly haters with that sidekick nonsense care ... Kobe wont catch MJ's legacy but he will pass duncan's and it kills you and is why yall post this juvenile basketball takes in every Laker thread ...

and yes I am pissed that the Lakers are bullshoitting so I aplogize if I am wording this like a prick but yall do post some slly shit in here ...

Maybe I used the wrong word..not quite legacy...but his standing in the league as a player today...his teammates are put down when talking about his individual status, but then later are built back up when Laker fans start arguing why their team is the favorite, etc...

obviously, you cannot have it both ways...

Giuseppe
11-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Maybe I used the wrong word..not quite legacy

:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-30-2010, 10:58 PM

Sorry for the interruption but THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Now...I'm gonna ask you some real simple Questions Harlem Ho and I want some real simple answers:

yPX6ToMyAe0

or

Or a different reason?..

Ghazi
11-30-2010, 10:58 PM
I smell skunk

and Gary Neal is a rapist

Giuseppe
11-30-2010, 10:59 PM
I smell skunk

and Gary Neal is a rapist

Let us proceed...

midnightpulp
11-30-2010, 10:59 PM
It's a form of "vicarious revenge" against the people who have said that Gasol, not Bryant, is the true Lakers MVP. Anytime Gasol has a bad game that results in a Lakers loss, the Kobe fans can say, "Look how soft he is! That's the Lakers' MVP? Yeah, right."

Honestly, I've never seen a fanbase so obsessed with one player's legacy as Kobe fans. The cult of personality that surrounds him is usually reserved for dictators and religious figures, which makes the label "Al Quobe" all the more fitting.

Killakobe81
11-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Maybe I used the wrong word..not quite legacy...but his standing in the league as a player today...his teammates are put down when talking about his individual status, but then later are built back up when Laker fans start arguing why their team is the favorite, etc...

obviously, you cannot have it both ways...

I dont think we are that great TBH we are a good team ...but here are our current flaws:

1. Pau playing too many mins and that is making him softer than normal, TBH

2. Ron is STILL not sure of the triangle that hitch in his shot is why we did not get a good look on the last possession.

3. fisher and artest are two of the worst finishers in the NBA

4. Fisher and Blake are piss poor at defending quick PG's

5. Relying too much on Kobe.

6. Having to switch offense and defense with shannon and ron is killing us when we cant make the substitution ....

7. WE MISS BYNUM's presence inside on BOTH ends

8. We are losing winnable games teams are hungry we seem indifferent until late or we start hot suck in the middle and try to come back late.

are we not going to win the title ... I still believe we the favorites but we have holes and flaws ...

The Gemini Method
I think it's only fair to put the blame equally on Kobe and Pau. They're the so-called stars on the Lakers. Then divide the rest amongst the remaining players.

Koolaid_Man
It's a form of "vicarious revenge" against the people who have said that Gasol, not Bryant, is the true Lakers MVP. Anytime Gasol has a bad game that results in a Lakers loss, the Kobe fans can say, "Look how soft he is! That's the Lakers' MVP? Yeah, right."

Honestly, I've never seen a fanbase so obsessed with one player's legacy as Kobe fans. The cult of personality that surrounds him is usually reserved for dictators and religious figures, which makes the label "Al Quobe" all the more fitting.

I know right.....it's amazing...like a midget reaching up for hairy balls...

Gutter92

midnight, I agree with what you're saying but it's imperative to remember that there are 2 subdivisions in the Laker fanbase...one being the true fans, and one being the kobe nutriders...obviously, spurstalk has an infestation of the latter(with some exceptions)

j.dizzle
11-30-2010, 11:02 PM

:lmao Obsessed.

Koolaid_Man
11-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Harho what are you doing in this thread....Have you no shame...Mr. Heat Predictor...

but listen:

I'm gonna ask you some real simple Questions Harlem Ho and I want some real simple answers:

yPX6ToMyAe0

Quit Hatin'
lmao the faggot at the end was harlem.

Gutter92
I dont think we are that great TBH we are a good team ...but here are our current flaws:

1. Pau playing too many mins and that is making him softer than normal, TBH

2. Ron is STILL not sure of the triangle that hitch in his shot is why we did not get a good look on the last possession.

3. fisher and artest are two of the worst finishers in the NBA

4. Fisher and Blake are piss poor at defending quick PG's

5. Relying too much on Kobe.

6. Having to switch offense and defense with shannon and ron is killing us when we cant make the substitution ....

7. WE MISS BYNUM's presence inside on BOTH ends

8. We are losing winnable games teams are hungry we seem indifferent until late or we start hot suck in the middle and try to come back late.

are we not going to win the title ... I still believe we the favorites but we have holes and flaws ...

You're the exception to the rule regarding Laker fans :toast Good take on that...see, I can respect an opinion like that.

j.dizzle
I always give Pau his props but his bro Marc has outplayed him in almost every game vs each other hahaha. Pau is not a center

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Wait, how did Marc Gasol outplay Pau tonight?..it wasn't even close:lol..

Also, killakobe isn't the exception at all..he talks a big game, but when you actually look at his posts in game threads in such, he calls out Gasol more than any other Laker fan..he also always references "MVPau" and "Pau for MVP" comments and laughs at them when Gasol struggles..

I don't know why he doesn't admit it, it's cool..nothing wrong with being a fan of Kobe's(from a basketball perspective, not a life perspective)..

Giuseppe
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
At least you finally ceased trying to get those last two rings of Kobe's nullified, Har.

tee, hee.

Koolaid_Man
11-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Wait, how did Marc Gasol outplay Pau tonight?..it wasn't even close:lol..

Also, killakobe isn't the exception at all..he talks a big game, but when you actually look at his posts in game threads in such, he calls out Gasol more than any other Laker fan..he also always references "MVPau" and "Pau for MVP" comments and laughs at them when Gasol struggles..

I don't know why he doesn't admit it, it's cool..nothing wrong with being a fan of Kobe's(from a basketball perspective, not a life perspective)..

****NewsFlash****

You've lost your voice HarHo...

Now...I'm gonna ask you some real simple Questions Harlem Ho and I want some real simple answers:

yPX6ToMyAe0

Yorae
11-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Is there bad blood between rox and lakers?

DJ Mbenga
11-30-2010, 11:44 PM
laker fans i guess were traumatized by 08 when gasol was basically raped on live telivision. so any game now doesnt get analyzed by #'s its by the "eye test". for example when you cant get post position against al harrington people crush him because its him being soft agaisnt soembody he should be having for lunch. IMO gasol is fine he is just being overplayed. but what can you do. injuries happen. just bad timing.

Josepatches_
12-01-2010, 01:11 AM