PDA

View Full Version : Must Really Suck to Be a Lakers Fan Right Now...

Dunc n Dave
12-01-2010, 01:05 AM
It's bad enough that the Lakers lose to Memphis tonight to cap a 3 game losing streak. (Hey look on the bright side: the game was in Memphis and Bynum didn't play, thus avoiding another season ending injury on his part).

Then to add insult to injury, Tim "The Role Player" Duncan goes for a triple double tonight in a 20 point road win:
32 minutes, 15pts, 18 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 blocks, +/- of +14
Guess it NOT safe to say he's dead yet, afterall?

Now the Lakers are staring up in the standings at the team that all their fans were declaring dead before the season started and no longer a threat. Even David Stern giving them the easiest schedule in the league wasn't enough to give the Lakers the lead in the conference standings.

What's gonna happen when the Lakers no longer have home court throughout the playoffs? :toast

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Just don't bring up the child molestation materiel again, Dunc.

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 01:08 AM
It's bad enough that the Lakers lose to Memphis tonight to cap a 3 game losing streak. (Hey look on the bright side: the game was in Memphis and Bynum didn't play, thus avoiding another season ending injury on his part).

Then to add insult to injury, Tim "The Role Player" Duncan goes for a triple double tonight in a 20 point road win:
32 minutes, 15pts, 18 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 blocks, +/- of +14
Guess it NOT safe to say he's dead yet, afterall?

Now the Lakers are staring up in the standings at the team that all their fans were declaring dead before the season started and no longer a threat. Even David Stern giving them the easiest schedule in the league wasn't enough to give the Lakers the lead in the conference standings.

What's gonna happen when the Lakers no longer have home court throughout the playoffs? :toast

I may talk shit. But look at my posts. I said duncan was not done and he had one last great Finals run in him. We saw some of it tonight. am I bit concerned by the spurs start? U betcha! But am I surprised no, because I predicted the Spurs to finish at least 3rd in the west ...
So enjoy dunc I know you needling us but at least your posts are usualy about ball and not rapist taunts or making fun of Bynum's knees ...
You a cool , cat with me.
but we still beating you in the WCF ... LOL

z0sa
12-01-2010, 01:08 AM
The competition has stiffened considerably and the Lakers main separating cog (in terms of relative overall talent) lives injured. To further complicate matters, Kobe's game is faltering every passing day but he is having extreme difficulty adjusting to this sad reality.

midnightpulp
12-01-2010, 01:09 AM
I may talk shit. But look at my posts. I said duncan was not done and he had one last great Finals run in him. We saw some of it tonight. am I bit concerned by the spurs start? U betcha! But am I surprised no, because I predicted the Spurs to finish at least 3rd in the west ...
So enjoy dunc I know you needling us but at least your posts are usualy about ball and not rapist taunts or making fun of Bynum's knees ...

I go at you with shittalking, as well, but I think you're a good fan. You often end up in the middle when I'm regulating Koolaids and Luva.

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 01:13 AM
I go at you with shittalking, as well, but I think you're a good fan. You often end up in the middle when I'm regulating Koolaids and Luva.

It's all good, Mid. I just was upset earlier (at Lakers no trash talk) so a little trash talk was fun ...

Spurs are playing the best ball and Neal the rapist or whatever is raping teams that leave him open. the open bricks that mason shot are gone and of hill is cold yall have another option.

Im not worried about the Lakers we will be there in the end but you guys starting to worry me a 7-0 road record is damn impressive.

Dunc n Dave
12-01-2010, 01:14 AM

You're right Killa. I got mad respect for you too. You are a genuine basketball fan FIRST and Laker fan second. Props to you!:toast See you in the Conference Finals!

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Now cue up some Laker fan getting on me for playing nice.

Let me say it straight. I trash talk sometimes but overall I respect the game of ball. Do some Spur fans get under my skin at times ...yes, but for the most part I come here for basketball discussion which there has been less of and to talk trash second. and though I hate some spur fans and Tony Parker I have mad respect for duncan and Manu and those 2 guys make me nervous. I dont fear them but in aplayoff series if healthy they are handfulls ...

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Now cue up some Laker fan getting on me for playing nice.

The thing is, Killa, when you defend your fandom, you sully it. It's likened to these assholes who plant a cross on the highway where a loved one died. You don't share that with a living soul.

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 01:26 AM
The thing is, Killa, when you defend your fandom, you sully it. It's likened to these assholes who plant a cross on the highway where a loved one died. You don't share that with a living soul.

I dont need to defend shit. Im a Laker fan. Im wearing freaking black Laker jersey that I wore 2 work right now ...do I care if they believe me or not?

i do care about basketball discussion. and I dont allow anyone on here to define me. I can say whatever on here and some will take me at my word and others won't because of my "join date." I dont say something about myself as a fan for those assholes ....but for anyone that wants to talk ball. dunc and Dave and I had a good talk inthe past the ended up about duncan vs. Kobe a about basketball philosophy and coaching youth ball. That is what is great about this site. If you want to troll, you can. you want to talk about a game in a thread it's there and if you want to really talk ball there are cats that do that to....not enough but there are some good fans here ...

I respect all my Laker brothers but we all have to be our own man and fans as we see fit. Im not a follower ... Some Laker fans hate kobe, Pau or Bynum almost all hate sasha and many Luke. But at the end of the day we rep the P&G and that is all that matters...

ElNono
12-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Non-Issue. Lakers will be back on track come January. They just need a couple of 'rebound' games against the Heat to feel good about themselves again.

Dunc n Dave
12-01-2010, 01:41 AM
I dont need to defend shit. Im a Laker fan. Im wearing freaking black Laker jersey that I wore 2 work right now ...do I care if they believe me or not?

i do care about basketball discussion. and I dont allow anyone on here to define me. I can say whatever on here and some will take me at my word and others won't because of my "join date." I dont say something about myself as a fan for those assholes ....but for anyone that wants to talk ball. dunc and Dave and I had a good talk inthe past the ended up about duncan vs. Kobe a about basketball philosophy and coaching youth ball. That is what is great about this site. If you want to troll, you can. you want to talk about a game in a thread it's there and if you want to really talk ball there are cats that do that to....not enough but there are some good fans here ...

I respect all my Laker brothers but we all have to be our own man and fans as we see fit. Im not a follower ... Some Laker fans hate kobe, Pau or Bynum almost all hate sasha and many Luke. But at the end of the day we rep the P&G and that is all that matters...

Killa... bringin' the goods....

He doesn't kiss ass, but he's also realistic with his takes and doesn't hide behind purple and gold glasses, or argue just for the sake of arguing. You other Laker fans need to take notes.:toast

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Killa... bringin' the goods....

He doesn't kiss ass, but he's also realistic with his takes and doesn't hide behind purple and gold glasses, or argue just for the sake of arguing. You other Laker fans need to take notes.:toast

Horseshit. You guys seduce him, and then turn him out.

And you ain't no f'in' saint, Dunc. You shit the bed when you cited the child molestation stuff. And you ain't ever walkin' away from that, buddy-boy.

Uh, uh.

z0sa
12-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Lakers will be just "fine." But all that talk of 5 straight titles etc etc is obviously over for the long haul.

Lakers will need as much luck as they have talent to win it all this year - just like the rest of the L (last Finals technically too, Perkins knee).

Dunc n Dave
12-01-2010, 01:49 AM

And you ain't no f'in' saint, Dunc. You shit the bed when you cited the child molestation stuff. And you ain't ever walkin' away from that, buddy-boy.

Uh, uh.

:rolleyesPlease Cully. Killa is his own man. And I never said I was a saint. You're the one that can't let bygones be bygones. You gotta keep bringing up how everybody wronged you, whether it's me, DuncanOwnsKobe, or Hector. Quit playing the victim, like a little bitch. You sound like a woman who never forgets and constantly brings up the past. Try to be a man for once and move on with your life... and actually TRY to have a basketball take every once in awhile.

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 01:52 AM
:rolleyesPlease Cully. Killa is his own man. And I never said I was a saint. You're the one that can't let bygones be bygones. You gotta keep bringing up how everybody wronged you, whether it's me, DuncanOwnsKobe, or Hector. Quit playing the victim, like a little bitch. You sound like a woman who never forgets and constantly brings up the past. Try to be a man for once and move on with your life... and actually TRY to have a basketball take every once in awhile.

You all use Killa, and he let's ya.

And no, I ain't lettin' bygones be bygones with those guys, or, you. They know their transgressions and you know yours.

midnightpulp
12-01-2010, 01:53 AM
You all use Killa, and he let's ya.

And no, I ain't lettin' bygones be bygones with those guys, or, you. They know their transgressions and you know yours.

They out, Cully?

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 01:54 AM

Uh, uh.

Nobody turns me out except my wife ...I'm like Marcelus Wallace that way ...
I dont like nobody fyckn me ... but her.

I cant speak for your dealing with dunc Im just saying we had a good talk. and I did not say what I said for Spur fan validation. I could care less ...It burns me right now that they are ahead in the standings ...but I told yall they had one run left and some of my Laker brethren laughed. Now? They look like legit threats ...will it last? Who knows.

All I know is I have not lost faith on Kobe and Phil to lead us home ...

But the two team sthat scare me (actually 3)
1. Boston
2. spurs
3. Mavs

I knew OKC, Portland and Miami werent winning a title, but im shocked Miami has been this bad ...

But if we lose tomorrow then I cant talk shit about the heat ...just their delusional fans ....LOL

DeadlyDynasty
12-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Non-Issue. Lakers will be back on track come January. They just need a couple of 'rebound' games against the Heat to feel good about themselves again.

:rollin

tbh I'm surprised they're taking their bye month this early. Rest assured they'll lose plenty more games against lottery teams because, well...that's just what they do when they're bored.

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 01:57 AM
They out, Cully?

Only Duncan is out. And he's staying out.

I'm gonna ride Dunc till doomsday and I'm gonna redden Hector's ass everytime he says a peep to me.

midnightpulp
12-01-2010, 02:00 AM
:rollin

tbh I'm surprised they're taking their bye month this early. Rest assured they'll lose plenty more games against lottery teams because, well...that's just what they do when they're bored.

True, but quite honestly, a Bynum-less Lakers are about equal with the rest of the top teams in the West, namely the Spurs and Mavs.

There's no flip switching with this squad in its current incarnation.

j.dizzle
12-01-2010, 02:04 AM
LOL good threads tonight lmaoooo you can talk shit on this site for hours & not get bored.Im not down with forums that dont let you say whatever you feel like, we hollywood on this bitch.

jestersmash
12-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Lakers fans with any sense don't give a shit about

1) Their 3 game losing streak

and

2) Spurs 15-2 record

People making a big deal out of nothing. None of it is enough to warrant any significant trash talk imo.

Then again, Lakers fans who actually watch the game also realize that Duncan is clearly capable of scoring 20/10 when he needs to. Only reason his scoring is down is because he's deferring to Ginobili/Parker. Why? Because they're playing well. It's not that Duncan was playing poorly. Gino/Parker were simply playing extremely well off the gate. When Parker has had off nights, Duncan has easily stepped up with big games (he scored 20+ against the hornets + triple double today).

Dunc n Dave
12-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Only Duncan is out. And he's staying out.

I'm gonna ride Dunc till doomsday and I'm gonna redden Hector's ass everytime he says a peep to me.

Cully... gettin his bitch mode on... just like a woman....

j.dizzle
12-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Lakers fans with any sense don't give a shit about

1) Their 3 game losing streak

and

2) Spurs 15-2 record

People making a big deal out of nothing. None of it is enough to warrant any significant trash talk imo.

Then again, Lakers fans who actually watch the game also realize that Duncan is clearly capable of scoring 20/10 when he needs to. Only reason his scoring is down is because he's deferring to Ginobili/Parker. Why? Because they're playing well. It's not that Duncan was playing poorly. Gino/Parker were simply playing extremely well off the gate. When Parker has had off nights, Duncan has easily stepped up with big games (he scored 20+ against the hornets + triple double today).
:lmao The only reason anyone comes to this forum is the trash talk. Pure entertainment

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 02:11 AM
Cully... gettin his bitch mode on... just like a woman....

Though you with children went the molestation route. Did you tell your wife what you did, Dunc. Or, did you pretend it didn't happen.

ezau
12-01-2010, 02:15 AM

I cant speak for your dealing with dunc Im just saying we had a good talk. and I did not say what I said for Spur fan validation. I could care less ...It burns me right now that they are ahead in the standings ...but I told yall they had one run left and some of my Laker brethren laughed. Now? They look like legit threats ...will it last? Who knows.

1. Boston
2. spurs
3. Mavs

I knew OKC, Portland and Miami werent winning a title, but im shocked Miami has been this bad ...

But if we lose tomorrow then I cant talk shit about the heat ...just their delusional fans ....LOL

I agree with your list. Trash talking aside, I still think that the Lakers are better than the Spurs, especially when Bynum comes back. Mavs on the other hand, look really good right now and they're frontline looks scary as well.

Dunc n Dave
12-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Though you with children went the molestation route. Did you tell your wife what you did, Dunc. Or, did you pretend it didn't happen.

Cully... holding a grudge from something that happened a year ago... just like a woman.... No wonder you have trouble gettin it up anymore. All this acting like a bitch is turnin you into one. :lol

Lakers still only have 1 win against teams above .500, Cully. Go write a poem about that!

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 02:17 AM
Cully... holding a grudge from something that happened a year ago... just like a woman.... No wonder you have trouble gettin it up anymore. All this acting like a bitch is turnin you into one. :lol

Lakers still only have 1 win against teams above .500, Cully. Go write a poem about that!

Yep, Mr. Right, Dunc slipped down into the slime and did the molestation business.

Did you tell your wife and children, Dunc? Seriously, did ya?

Dunc n Dave
12-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Yep, Mr. Right, Dunc slipped down into the slime and did the molestation business.

Did you tell your wife and children, Dunc? Seriously, did ya?

Cully goin' full BITCH mode now. And I ask the questions around here. Get used to it!

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 02:23 AM
Cully goin' full BITCH mode now. And I ask the questions around here. Get used to it!

You'd be too ashamed to tell your wife and children what you did and you know it.

Dunc n Dave
12-01-2010, 02:29 AM

1. Boston
2. spurs
3. Mavs

On point killa. The Spurs major weakness vs the Lakers will still be the frontline. Provided Bynum, Pau, and Odom stay healthy, they will give the Spurs fits with their rebounding and quickness. While Splitter helps us, he seems too foul proned to play vs L.A. in long stretches. The Lakers best lineup vs the Spurs is Bynum, Pau, Odom, Kobe, Fisher(or Blake). The Spurs match up better when Artest is in the game.

The other 2 teams you named both have a deep frontlines to contend with the Laker bigs which make them a threat. Still, the Spurs have improved offensively and still have a very good defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pop try to push the pace with a small ball lineup vs the Lakers to see if he can get some easy buckets in transition with Gasol or Odom having to chase Jefferson and Hill on the break down court. Whether it works or not...I have my doubts. But he's the one making millions, not me...

LkrFan
12-01-2010, 02:34 AM
Nah... they do this shit every year.