PDA

View Full Version : Got to hand it to the Spurs though.....

TheManFromAcme
12-01-2010, 07:07 AM
....without a doubt, you guys are playing with more sense of urgency than any other team in the league right now, even my Lakers. Got to tip my hat off. I don't buy into the "it's only November" line. Cohesion is best established and cemented earlier than later. When did the Lakers ever lose 3 in a row last season especially in the early months? They didn't. Even with back to back loses you "sensed" the urgency that these guys didn't want to lose. I see this with San Antonio and I gotta tell you, as a purist of the game, they are playing SOME DAMN GOOD BALL and denying it is sheer ignorance. Manu is playing fantastic. Tony is back to form and Tim is playing his game. I'll go out on a limb and say it, "If they Spurs aren't back yet, they are just about there"

With that said, in my humble opinion, I still think the Lakers are the best team in basketball and a collision course with our both teams at the WCF's is highly possible.

Congrats Spurs. You guys got my attention. Good luck to both our teams and lets hope and pray NOBODY gets hurt. :toast

TheManFromAcme
12-01-2010, 07:32 AM
They'll flame out like always, then blame it on injuries, or the refs. This is a period team. Win one year, lose the next. Have a good month, stink the next. The Lakers are trying to do something that only 3 other teams have done, which is dominate for 3 straight years. No need getting excited over a team that's known to fizzle.

No excitement Luva, just respect for a formidable foe. And yes, I think they are formidable. Gotta respect your foe. Look what disrespect is creating for the Heat. I really think the Heat have a bigger bulls-eye on their back because those putzes really think they are better than everyone else and game in game out EVERY team they play will bring their "A" game.

But, I see you what your saying. Lakers are on a misson that's for sure. I just hope the players really realize this. Another 3 in a row fiasco WILL worry me a bit though to be honest with you.

buttsR4rebounding
12-01-2010, 07:47 AM
They'll flame out like always, then blame it on injuries, or the refs. This is a period team. Win one year, lose the next. Have a good month, stink the next. The Lakers are trying to do something that only 3 other teams have done, which is dominate for 3 straight years. No need getting excited over a team that's known to fizzle.

Luva, do you post this much about any other team save your Lakers? Seems you get excited over the Spurs on a regular basis...:whine

urunobili
12-01-2010, 08:25 AM

You're right. But you HAVE dominated the league for three years already. the first one you got bare butt fucked by the Celtics in the Finals. If you do it again, it'd be the 4th :)

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 08:29 AM
You're right. But you HAVE dominated the league for three years already. the first one you got bare butt fucked by the Celtics in the Finals.

Though the last two in-a-row worked out fine.

urunobili
12-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Though the last two in-a-row worked out fine.

Sir, Yes sir :) :toast

The_Worlds_finest
12-01-2010, 08:43 AM
the luck of Perkins being out game 7 had nothing to do with it....:wakeup

doobs
12-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Or the 4th quarter officiating in Game 7 ....

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Bottom line?

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

And you could do nary a thing about it.

Budkin
12-01-2010, 08:59 AM

Come on luva... just let us enjoy it please.

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Bottom line?

And you could do nary a thing about it.

Duncan : 3 Finals MVP's out of 4 Final appearances

Kobe : 2 Finals MVP's out of 7 Final appearances.

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Duncan : 3 Finals MVP's out of 4 Final appearances

Kobe : 2 Finals MVP's out of 7 Final appearances.

Fine. You do the doorstops & dust catchers. I'll do the...

Let us proceed...

Banzai
12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Spurs are the only other team in the league that I like..Spurs and Lakers.

ohmwrecker
12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Spurs are the only other team in the league that I like..Spurs and Lakers.

Holy shit! A sensible Lakers fan! Don't let them corrupt you, boy. L.A. is a motherfucker.

DJB
12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
:toast

DJ Mbenga
12-01-2010, 02:22 PM
they've done extremely well. rj hasnt come back to earth so things will continue. a guy like blair did regress incredibly. the thing that makes me feel better about the lakers is when they've had 3 loss in a row, the little times its happened, its always been because of injuries. the squad is good, they just gotta be healthy.

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 02:25 PM

Every great team needs a little luck ...

But only punk-ass bitches make excuses ...

j.dizzle
12-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Every great team needs a little luck ...

But only punk-ass bitches make excuses ...
When the Lakers win its because of injuries but when Laker players are injured its because the other team was better :lmao Love this forum

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Or the 4th quarter officiating in Game 7 ....

So are you saying the refs are just shitty or you a Sten Conspracy theorist?

If you are saying the former Im sure some other team fanbases like the suns would love to discuss quality officiating and judgement by the refs AND the league office. I dont make excuses but if I did one could argue Phoenix got hosed in ...well you remember it helped your last title ... luck.

If you a Stern is the puppet master fan how did those 4 titles work out for ya? Oh, wait only the classy and humble spurs win their title legit ALL other teams ESPECIALLY in big markets get all the breaks?

Get the hell out with that pussyfootin' around the issues, if Lakers are lucky so are the spurs. To win a title you need, breaks, some luck, HOF players (coach helps too) and the occasional bad call that goes your way ...spurs are not exempt.

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 02:32 PM
When the Lakers win its because of injuries but when Laker players are injured its because the other team was better :lmao Love this forum

amen. Both literally and figuratively love this forum but we have sme serious hypocrisy flowing around here ...

ohmwrecker
12-01-2010, 02:40 PM
If you are saying the former Im sure some other team fanbases like the suns would love to discuss quality officiating and judgement by the refs AND the league office. I dont make excuses but if I did one could argue Phoenix got hosed in ...well you remember it helped your last title ... luck.

If you a Stern is the puppet master fan how did those 4 titles work out for ya? Oh, wait only the classy and humble spurs win their title legit ALL other teams ESPECIALLY in big markets get all the breaks?

Pretty sure he was talking about the Celtics. Let's talk about the Sacramento fanbase, shall we? Is everything about the Spurs for you Lakers fans.

So goddamn greedy.

Killakobe81
12-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Pretty sure he was talking about the Celtics. Let's talk about the Sacramento fanbase, shall we? Is everything about the Spurs for you Lakers fans.

So goddamn greedy.

WTF are YOU talking about? yes I knew he was mentioning the Celtics, genius ...
I was just pointing out that ALL champions need a little bit of luck. IIRC the celts had some breaks go their way in 2008 before they stomped us. I refuse to make excuses for our ass whippin' but I know with those 7 game series some felt they got some calls their way in the East ...

so are you saying, when i say ALL GREAT teams you only think of the Lakers? who is being narrow minded? that includes the Celts, Bulls Lakers AND SPURS numbnuts unless you dont considerthe spurs to be great since they never repeated ... :lol

SourCandy
12-01-2010, 03:06 PM
I know a lot of lakers fans ask them who they hate?

spurs or celtics..born with it for some reason.

ohmwrecker
12-01-2010, 03:14 PM
WTF are YOU talking about? yes I knew he was mentioning the Celtics, genius ...
I was just pointing out that ALL champions need a little bit of luck. IIRC the celts had some breaks go their way in 2008 before they stomped us. I refuse to make excuses for our ass whippin' but I know with those 7 game series some felt they got some calls their way in the East ...

Yeah? I agree with that part. That's why I left it out of the quote. I just find it interesting that you reference Spurs v Suns in a discussion about Celtics v Lakers. Did you just miss that or are you intentionally avoiding it by defending the only part of your comment that I did not quote?

so are you saying, when i say ALL GREAT teams you only think of the Lakers? who is being narrow minded? that includes the Celts, Bulls Lakers AND SPURS numbnuts unless you dont considerthe spurs to be great since they never repeated ... :lol

This makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Take some deep breaths in brown paper bag, weirdass.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Holy shit! A sensible Lakers fan! Don't let them corrupt you, boy. L.A. is a motherfucker.
That's what I was thinking!

Rumsfeld
12-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Fine. You do the doorstops & dust catchers. I'll do the...

Let us proceed...

SHAQ & Kobe 3
Kobe 2
Duncan 4

Just saying.

bus driver
12-01-2010, 04:31 PM
SHAQ & Kobe 3
Kobe 2
Duncan 4

Just saying.

holy shit the same thing i was thinking

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Boiled down though it's:::

Rumsfeld
12-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Not disputing that. Just have a problem with people claiming them as if they were Kobe's titles. He wasn't even the best player on those teams. Tim was unquestionably the best player and the foundation of every championship.

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Not disputing that. Just have a problem with people claiming them as if they were Kobe's titles. He wasn't even the best player on those teams. Tim was unquestionably the best player and the foundation of every championship.

But, nobody said that when it was:::

Kobe: 3

You just did what I've done and cite the raw number.

Well, if that protocol was kosher then, it's kosher now at:::

Spursmania
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
TBH, I think injuries will do the Spurs in. This is just too nice watching them play healthy and full of purpose.

I hold my breathe every fucking game hoping the Spurs stay healthy. Yeah, it sucks to be old but when those players are healthy they are a fantastic team to watch. So, I'm just enjoying the ride.:toast

The rest of you Spur haters can go fuck yourselves.

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
TBH, I think injuries will do the Spurs in. This is just too nice watching them play healthy and full of purpose.

I hold my breathe every fucking game hoping the Spurs stay healthy. Yeah, it sucks to be old but when those players are healthy they are a fantastic team to watch! So, I'm just enjoying the ride.:toast

That's pussy. You Spurs guys are forever chasing utopia, and when it isn't present you quit & piss the bed.

Insulating yourself by "enjoying the ride" is weak & puny. You fan like Charles Barkley played ball/half-assed=Leave something in the locker room in case it doesn't work out on the court. That's white bread. You're a shoe shiner, a good time charley. A piss pot.

ohmwrecker
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
lol black named Spurs fan

Spursmania
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
That's pussy. You Spurs guys are forever chasing utopia, and when it isn't present you quit & piss the bed.

Insulating yourself by "enjoying the ride" is weak & puny. You fan like Charles Barkley played ball/half-assed=Leave something in the locker room in case it doesn't work out on the court. That's white bread. You're a shoe shiner, a good time charley. A piss pot.

Please Cubby. Are you hallucinating? I stick with my Spurs come Hell or highwater. Hell yeah, I'm concerned about their health-who isn't.

Don't act as if Bynum's absence gives you no worries. Health is always a concern but more of a concern when you have been snake-bitten a couple of years like we have. No excuses-just the truth. Don't worry, your day is reckoning and very soon.

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Please Cubby. Are you hallucinating? I stick with my Spurs come Hell or highwater. Hell yeah, I'm concerned about their health-who isn't.

Don't act as if Bynum's absence gives you no worries. Health is always a concern but more of a concern when you have been snake-bitten a couple of years like we have. No excuses-just the truth. Don't worry, your day is reckoning and very soon.

You stick with 'em, but, with conditions, and you qualify your allegiance with "enjoying the ride" just in case it doesn't work out. If you win, you're on the top of the world. If you lose, you haven't the guts to take the same ride, the other way.

That's chickenshit.

Spursmania
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
You stick with 'em, but, with conditions, and you qualify your allegiance with "enjoying the ride" just in case it doesn't work out. If you win, you're on the top of the world. If you lose, you haven't the guts to take the same ride, the other way.

That's chickenshit.

There are no conditions. Either they win or lose. Obviously, I prefer to see them play all healthy. You're the one putting conditions on my statements.

Let us proceed...

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 05:41 PM
There are no conditions. Either they win or lose. Obviously, I prefer to see them play all healthy. You're the one putting conditions on my statements.

Let us proceed...

Horseshit.

TinTin
12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I remember saying this 1 year ago that the spurs would be second round fodder and have their best chance in 2010. If splitter and anderson get integrated then we have a great chance against a hobbled kobe and bynumless lakers

WeNeedLength
12-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Horseshit.

Let us proceed...

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Let us proceed...

It's easy hating you fuckers. It's f'in great!

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 05:56 PM
http://picfor.bildero.net/00112B06/Gaby-Espino-girl-sexy-hot-cute-beautiful-gaby-espino-keiths-pics-meny-panties_large.jpg

I'd like to comb this girl's hair and sniff her ass.

And her ass protrudes just a little bit past the panties in the back. You notice it? Drives me nuts.

WeNeedLength
12-01-2010, 06:01 PM
^You know given a choice, this would be hanging on your wall instead of that.:rollin

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Jollyblue/kobe-bryant-white-hat-photos.jpg

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 06:03 PM
No way, I'd give up my existence here if I was permitted to measure the distance from the apex of her ass cheeks to her balloon knot. It's got to be an incredible number of inches.

TinTin
12-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Considering his taste, this would be the best hands down

http://www.jmlfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Missing-Children.jpg

WeNeedLength
12-01-2010, 06:06 PM
No way, I'd give up my existence here if I was permitted to measure the distance from the apex of her ass cheeks to her balloon knot. It's got to be an incredible number of inches.

Balloon knot? wtf? :lol

ohmwrecker
12-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Balloon knot? wtf? :lol

Balloon knot, turd cutter, starfish . . . her asshole, son.

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 06:14 PM
How many inches you think that'd be, Wrecker? Maybe 4 inches?

ohmwrecker
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Hopefully.

Giuseppe
12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Hopefully.

:lol