PDA

View Full Version : Through 17 games, most amazing stat

Vito Corleone
12-01-2010, 09:13 AM
The most amazing stat for the Spurs right now is that there is not a single spur averaging more than 35 minutes per game.

Just to put this into perspective.

The Lakers have two guys clocking in more than 37 minutes per game. Gasol at almost 40 min and Odom at 37 minutes.

The Celtics have 3 guys, Pierce, Allen and Rondo. Rondo is doing almost 40 per contest.

This is going to pay huge dividends come April, May, and June.

honestfool84
12-01-2010, 09:23 AM
what's even more interesting, is that there isn't a single Spur averaging more than 34.6 minutes per game....

what's upsetting, though, is that the two highest playing players on the Spurs are Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

i'm sure Pop knows what he's doing, but i sure hope they have enough in their tank for the playoffs..

8FOR!3
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM
what's even more interesting, is that there isn't a single Spur averaging more than 34.6 minutes per game....

what's upsetting, though, is that the two highest playing players on the Spurs are Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

i'm sure Pop knows what he's doing, but i sure hope they have enough in their tank for the playoffs..

I don't know a team that doesn't play their best players the most (outside of Houston with Yao.) Ginobili should be able to handle 35 minutes and TP is in his prime still.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM
I think they'll have enough gas in the tank for the playoffs. They need to be playing Tiago more though.........

AlleyOopNazi
12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
well you dont bench your best players... so it makes sense

Mel_13
12-01-2010, 01:25 PM
The most amazing stat for the Spurs right now is that there is not a single spur averaging more than 35 minutes per game.

Just to put this into perspective..

Perspective is good.

Duncan in 03-04 was the last Spur to average more than 35mpg.

So really not that amazing.

vander
12-01-2010, 03:19 PM
the last 3 years, the Championship teams had their best players averaging over 35 mpg during the regular season, Spurs didn't and weren't :wakeup

fragile, old, and injury-prone players don't average as minutes per game, they are also more likely to show their age and fragility in the playoffs when the level of play, intensity, physicality and their minutes all go up.

it's me
12-01-2010, 03:24 PM
the last 3 years, the Championship teams had their best players averaging over 35 mpg during the regular season, Spurs didn't and weren't :wakeup

fragile, old, and injury-prone players don't average as minutes per game, they are also more likely to show their age and fragility in the playoffs when the level of play, intensity, physicality and their minutes all go up.

So what do we do?...... trade Manu and Tim... you'd love that lol

Darkwaters
12-01-2010, 03:28 PM
So what do we do?...... trade Manu and Tim... you'd love that lol

Nah. I recommend we just beat everybody.

Chase_the_Bass
12-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Manu will be logging less minutes when Anderson gets back.