PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Franco and Hathaway hosting the Oscars?

JoeChalupa
12-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Or does anyone "really" care? They and the Golden Globes don't mean anything to me because I like what I like and don't follow the trends...except when it comes to lame vampire flicks.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I think I didn't thoroughly wipe my ass during my last sitting. I must go check it out after I finish reading War & Peace and homebrewing this nice imperial stout.

Bender
12-01-2010, 04:34 PM
isn't Franco the guy who admitted he whacks off like 5 times a day ?

monosylab1k
12-01-2010, 04:57 PM
isn't Franco the guy who admitted he whacks off like 5 times a day ?

In other words he's like any other guy?

JoeChalupa
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
In other words he's like any other guy?

:lmao

monosylab1k
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
it does seem odd that Franco is hosting when he's sure to at least be nominated for 127 Hours, and in my opinion he needs to win. I know there's another month of movies left, but I guarantee you nothing will be as good as his performance. Then again, the Oscars very rarely give the award to the best performances.

IronMaxipad
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Every man has at least one man crush.. James Franco happens to be THAT man.

Spurminator
12-01-2010, 05:32 PM
My thought is I hear there's major Hathaway boobage in her new movie.

monosylab1k
12-01-2010, 05:40 PM

I've seen the bootleg pics and was quite impressed.

CuckingFunt
12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
it does seem odd that Franco is hosting when he's sure to at least be nominated for 127 Hours, and in my opinion he needs to win. I know there's another month of movies left, but I guarantee you nothing will be as good as his performance. Then again, the Oscars very rarely give the award to the best performances.

Your Leo will probably get a nomination (deserved or not) for Inception. And I'd expect acting noms for at least some of the True Grit cast. Those are the only locks I can think of for Best Actor, though (admittedly, I have a feeling I'm forgetting something obvious). Franco's nomination is almost certain, and a win is quite possible. Does make the hosting dynamic odd.

The thing I think is stranger, though, is that this is the first year I can think of in which the hosts are more specifically actors than entertainers. Comedians have been the tradition most of my life, but even when they've deviated from that (Jackman a couple of years ago, and Steve Martin/Alec Baldwin last year) their choices have somewhat fit the Master of Ceremonies-esque role. Jackman, annoying as he may be, has training as a song-and-dance man. And Martin/Baldwin have extensive histories in live/improvisational comedy. I can't picture what a Franco/Hathaway opening monologue is going to be like, though.

CuckingFunt
12-01-2010, 05:44 PM

Clearly, you've never subjected yourself to the unintentional comedy that is Havoc.

Spurminator
12-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I can't picture what a Franco/Hathaway opening monologue is going to be like, though.

Musical, I'd guess.

JoeChalupa
12-01-2010, 05:57 PM
For some reason I can't get into the new "True Grit" movie. To me it seems like the characters are trying too hard.

Mark in Austin
12-01-2010, 06:34 PM
I though Hathaway's bit in Jackman's opening number was fantastic.

DJ Mbenga
12-01-2010, 06:36 PM
this doesnt bother me cause i dont watch that crap

Jacob1983
12-01-2010, 11:00 PM
I think it's a desperate move to get ratings and buzz but it's not surprising. Why not get Jimmy Fallon, Ricky Gervais, or Danny McBride to host the Oscars? Those guys are hilarious. So Franco, Leo, and Jeff Bridges will probably be nominated for best actor?