Trainwreck2100
12-02-2010, 12:48 AM
whatever the fuck it is

lefty
12-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Ducks !!!!

ChuckD
12-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Doghouse? What happened? I was wondering if he had tweaked something.

Drachen
12-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I thought he was injured, but I didn't start watching until about 3 mins into the 3rd.

lefty
12-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Don't ever fuck with Pop

's wife

AlleyOopNazi
12-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I thought i saw him holding his hand, right hand i think. for see mild nature injury

Sisk
12-02-2010, 12:53 AM
No idea....

Fpoonsie
12-02-2010, 01:01 AM
:lol

8FOR!3
12-02-2010, 01:03 AM
The dude had bloodshot red eyes, it's clear he was worn out and the team didn't get any sleep last night.

gospursgojas
12-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Late night at Eva's.

And I'm not even joking.

kaji157
12-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Well he has been sucking for a couple of games, maybe he is just tired.

Texas_Ranger
Well he was playing like shit for 5 games now.

Drewlius
Anyone know exactly what happened? I didn't turn it on till halftime, and I see on the box score he played like 18 minutes and went 1-6.. Was Pop visibly upset with him at anytime? Or was it simply to get some rest on the back-to-back?

Mugen
12-02-2010, 01:09 AM
God knows we dont need Parker's penetration when we r down by a whopping 7 points.

Only way to come back from that deficit is to chuck 3pointers.

tvdij
someone give Tony back his crystal meth or Brent Barry's wife or whatever he was on at the beginning of this year

TD 21
I don't think it was injury related.

And if in fact it wasn't, then it was a horrible coaching decision. Second game of a back to back, in the midst of four in six and he decides to hand away a winnable game (the Clippers tried everything in their power to give this one away, only the Spurs had no energy) because he thinks it's important to attempt to send some message.

Around 7 minutes to go, this was still very winnable, Duncan could barely move and instead of pulling him and going with young legs and hoping to at least get some guys on the court who can move and maybe provide an ounce of energy, he instead decides it would be fun to run his two old stars into the ground, when they had nothing left in the tank. Should have seen if Parker, who'd have had fresh legs, could carry the offense down the stretch. Terrible move.

Starting next game, I want to see Parker shouldering more of the load offensively and playing the most minutes. If he has to play 36 just to hold Ginobili to no more than 30, so be it. But enough of the 33 year old playing the role of the 28 year old and vice versa.

Kori Ellis
12-02-2010, 01:11 AM
He looks hurt and sick. So I'm not sure the lesson :lol

Yorae
12-02-2010, 01:11 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/01/tony-and-eva-reunite-for-lunch/
Did this made him sick?

SA210
12-02-2010, 01:12 AM
The break up

Mikesatx
12-02-2010, 01:16 AM
If he was hurt or sick he shouldn't have played at all. It looked to me like a complete lack of effort. Miss shots, make mistakes but you better hustle every minute you are on the floor. Typical Tony form to go from a level where he is in the conversation for MVP of the league to a non-factor on his team. The last two losses Tony has been terrible.

45 bank shot
12-02-2010, 01:17 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/01/tony-and-eva-reunite-for-lunch/
Did this made him sick?

I'm confused now

janetcn12
12-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Stop the crab???

Texas_Ranger
12-02-2010, 01:21 AM
I said in the game thread that it looks like they are back together... Well, that sucks. He was a monster after the breakup and now he's a pussy.

janetcn12
12-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Stupid. There is nothing to do with that. Tonight he just doesn't have a good game. Pronto!!!

MANUUU
12-02-2010, 01:25 AM
tony has so much potential to be league mvp if he wants to be. :( i hate how he's left out of the best point guards conversations.

Yorae
Looks like it's been a rough meeting. Did Eva ran a train on tony? (Per Neal's suggestion of course)

TD 21
This was a law of averages game. The Spurs were due for an awful shooting night, due to lose to a shitty team, due to lose to the Clippers specifically and flat out due to lose period. Ginobili was also due for an off night. This was one where the Spurs needed young legs and Parker to win the day. Unfortunately, the coach was too blind to see that.

Not that Parker was exactly in '07 Finals form, but 18 minutes? Tonight was not a night for message sending . . . not when it added another 34 and 31 minutes to Ginobili's and Duncan's odometer's, in the process.

Spursmania
His eyes have been red and he has not been chipper since the Eva break-up. Haven't you noticed him at games when he's on the bench? He has this "lost in thought" look like he's not even paying attention to what is going on. Being in CA sucked for him because he is used to seeing Eva and getting some loving and cooking. That's why his eyes are red. I think he was more emotionally worn out than sick.

Pop just taught his ass a lesson. Either get your head in the game or sit the fuck down. His play in CA has not been kosher and Pop just made a point about it. IMO.

MANUUU
12-02-2010, 01:26 AM
that's true though. give parker whatever he was taking in the beginning of the season, cause he was BEASTIN it!

crc21209
12-02-2010, 01:30 AM
So Tony had himself some lunch with Eva and then he had himself some of Eva? Well that explains it...:lol

SA210
His eyes have been red and he has not been chipper since the Eva break-up. Haven't you noticed him at games when he's on the bench? He has this "lost in thought" look like he's not even paying attention to what is going on. Being in CA sucked for him because he is used to seeing Eva and getting some loving and cooking. That's why his eyes are red. I think he was more emotionally worn out than sick.

Pop just taught his ass a lesson. Either get your head in the game or sit the fuck down. His play in CA has not been kosher and Pop just made a point about it. IMO.

This

ElNono
If you look at the start of the second half, when Tony made the weak pass that ended in a Griffin easy score, Pop got pissed off and immediately called up Hill to go to the scorer's table. Then he backtracked.

pjjrfan
12-02-2010, 01:31 AM
He's been through a rough stretch personally I figure it finally is catching up to him. I just hope it's not injury related, but he has been funk now for several games.

12-02-2010, 01:34 AM
unless parker is a robot, the emotions of the divorce was bound to catch up to him.

SA210
12-02-2010, 01:40 AM
unless parker is a robot, the emotions of the divorce was bound to catch up to him.

Exactly. He did well at first because he needed to try and stay occupied and focused, but it is catching up to him. If anyone believes the breakup has nothing to do with it at all, they are mistaken.

maddnezz
12-02-2010, 01:42 AM

Pop just taught his ass a lesson. Either get your head in the game or sit the fuck down. His play in CA has not been kosher and Pop just made a point about it. IMO.Wish he would do that with Bonner:rolleyes!

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Don't play the divorce card. How beat up can you be when you are the one that doesn't love someone enough not to cheat on them :lol

duncan228
12-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Tony and Eva reunite for lunch (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/01/tony-and-eva-reunite-for-lunch/)
Tim Griffin

...People Magazine reported that Parker and Longoria were spotted at a Los Angeles-area hotel (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20446413,00.html) having lunch a few hours before the Spurs’ game tonight against the Los Angeles Clippers.

“They remain friends and everything is amicable,” a source told PEOPLE. “Eva is a class act. That’s how gracious she is.”

...It will be interesting to see how Parker reacts tonight in his game against the Clippers after the meeting.

Yorae
12-02-2010, 02:05 AM
:depressed

PublicOption
12-02-2010, 02:09 AM
did Tony get one of these today......that would have fucked with my day.

http://gothamist.com/attachments/nyc_daveh/supoena.jpg

Jason R
12-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Well shit.

GSH
12-02-2010, 02:14 AM

Heh. I was almost asleep, and I came up thinking that Tony probably met up with Eva in LA. You beat me to it with a real story.

This is about the point where reality starts to set in, and Tony realizes what he's messed up. Those kinds of meeting will take a lot out of you. If Pop knew about it, and I'm sure he did, I can see him just sitting Tony and chalking it up as a bad night. That would sure explain the attitude Pop seemed to have for this game.

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2010, 02:24 AM
tp pulled a muscle fellas, cause DUCKS was swallowing that penor wrecklessly

someone, anyone resurrect the trade tp thread

duncan228
12-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Did this made him sick?

My bad, didn't see this posted already. I'm as tired as the team. :lol

Yorae
12-02-2010, 03:00 AM
My bad, didn't see this posted already. I'm as tired as the team. :lol

That's all good. But I think tony's in shithouse right now.

janetcn12
12-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Leave them alone pls

Bukefal
12-02-2010, 05:04 AM

+1

Of course that plays a role. That's completely normal. Though, I think he will be back soon.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Give him time--he's dealing with major issues right now, so I'm not going to jump all over him for a weird night. That divorce stuff is never easy. I've noticed he's not been his usual self on the bench either.

Silver lining--he was beastin' enough early to help get SA out to a hot start, and his funk is happening in Nov./Dec., not Feb./Mar. Like I said, give him some time.......

TJastal
12-02-2010, 07:55 AM
+1

Of course that plays a role. That's completely normal. Though, I think he will be back soon.

Don't worry guys, TP will back back to his ol' self in a week or two. Bukefal knows all.

Bukefal
12-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Don't worry guys, TP will back back to his ol' self in a week or two. Bukefal knows all.

Bukefal does not 'know all'. Im just not so pessimistic and in panic mode like some. So far there is no reason to. He'll be fine. As Lonestarstate'spride said, give him some time. He'll get back.

TJastal
12-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Bukefal does not 'know all'. Im just not so pessimistic and in panic mode like some. So far there is no reason to. He'll be fine. As Lonestarstate'spride said, give him some time. He'll get back.

Ahh, so you're sayin' give him 3 1/2 - 4 weeks then.

Emeyin
12-02-2010, 08:27 AM
I hope he gets back to playing the way he was in the beginning of the season. He's been sucking lately and I agree with some of the posters here worried about Ginobili playing more minutes than our youngest star.

Bukefal
12-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Ahh, so you're sayin' give him 3 1/2 - 4 weeks then.

No Im not. If this goes on for a significant amount of games, then yes It's a reason to worry. But come on, he has done great so far this season and the Spurs have an amazing 15-3, better than we all could have imagined .

His bad games were two. Against the Mavs and yesterday. Some will say the Hornets game too, but he still had 6 points, 9 assists and 6 rebounds. So come on, it's been 2 games. Plus, the guy has obvious private issues and looks tired. But it was not just him, the whole team was bad yesterday.

So, yes he maybe is in a slump but It's too early and no reason yet to panic. Give it some time. He'll be fine.

jag
12-02-2010, 09:01 AM
“They remain friends and everything is amicable,” a source told PEOPLE. “Eva is a class act. That’s how gracious she is.”

Eva's PR people are starting to sound like LeBron's.

ElNono
12-02-2010, 09:10 AM
I love Tony too, but his intensity has undeniably gone down in the past 4 games or so. You can keep looking at boxscores all you want, but we need him to be a difference maker out there, and pedestrian numbers will not get it done. For his 12 pt and 6 assist game against the Warriors in almost 30 mins, he only has a +3 to show for it.

The Tony that started the season was phenomenal. I don't expect to have that guy every night. But the totally mentally checked out TP we had last night is the exact opposite side of the coin, and we really cannot afford to have that TP if we're to make noise this season.

polandprzem
12-02-2010, 09:12 AM
This was a law of averages game. The Spurs were due for an awful shooting night, due to lose to a shitty team, due to lose to the Clippers specifically and flat out due to lose period. Ginobili was also due for an off night. This was one where the Spurs needed young legs and Parker to win the day. Unfortunately, the coach was too blind to see that.

Not that Parker was exactly in '07 Finals form, but 18 minutes? Tonight was not a night for message sending . . . not when it added another 34 and 31 minutes to Ginobili's and Duncan's odometer's, in the process.

You've seen him play in that game?

He was unable to do nothing. His legs were off. And you talking about young legs?
Tony is not that young anyway

TD 21
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
You've seen him play in that game?

He was unable to do nothing. His legs were off. And you talking about young legs?
Tony is not that young anyway

Yeah, I saw it.

I did say, "he wasn't exactly in '07 Finals form". But nonetheless, if that game was going to be won, it was only going to be won by going back to Parker after he was benched and seeing if his (relatively) fresh legs and the young legs of guys like Hill, Neal, Blair and Splitter, had enough to pull that game out. It wasn't going to happen with Duncan, Ginobili, Bonner and McDyess.

Parker is middle aged in basketball years, but on this team, I still view him and Jefferson as relatively young. I don't classify them as old, as I do McDyess, Duncan and Ginobili.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 06:40 PM
"I'm so upset about my life and my marriage :cry. I really love her, but I would like to be able to smash other women is all"

5 minutes later...

"Hey random girl, want to come over and make a video with TP"

neboat
12-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Give TP a little break. Like others have said, the divorce thing is catching up to him...and he'll probably feel even worse as the holidays get closer

ploto
12-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Not quite clear how running to a tabloid magazine with all the private details of your break-up is either gracious or amicable.

boutons_deux
12-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Maybe Tony's lawyer told him how many $Ms for how many years that Eva's gonna rape him for.

janetcn12
12-02-2010, 08:06 PM
All lawyers are snake.

boutons_deux
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
So he plays 30 games for the IRS, 20 games for Eva, and 32 games for himself. :lol

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
That was a tough one for Tony. Something happened to him that game. His eyes look fried and bloodshot. Something tells me the Spurs didn't get enough sleep.

spurtech09
12-03-2010, 01:38 AM
only reaosn why tony has been playing bad the last couple games is because he tired...I don't think hes been getting some good rest latley do to the split up with eva....poor guy I hope everything go well for him

duncan228
12-03-2010, 01:45 AM
Parker’s production suffers drop (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/03/parker%e2%80%99s-production-suffers-drop/)
Jeff McDonald

...Parker slipped out of the Staples Center without talking to reporters. Earlier on the road trip, however, he reiterated his commitment to the Spurs.

"For me, I just focus on the team,” said Parker, who posted five straight solid games in the aftermath of his Nov. 17 breakup announcement. “I just try to win basketball games. That’s all.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/03/parker%e2%80%99s-production-suffers-drop/

Fpoonsie
12-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Tha fuck is goin on w/ him???

Sean Cagney
12-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Tha fuck is goin on w/ him???

Life.........

DJ Mbenga
12-03-2010, 03:01 AM
brenty barry's slut said she didnt cheat with tony. i guess the plot thickens

ezau
12-03-2010, 03:14 AM
It's obvious that Eva ratface is the main reason for TP's dipping performance.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-03-2010, 03:25 AM
brenty barry's slut said she didnt cheat with tony. i guess the plot thickens

:rolleyes

janetcn12
12-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Don't understand why she didn't post it earlier....Yes the plot thickens.

rascal
12-03-2010, 09:45 AM
I still say the divorce gets called off.

ploto
12-03-2010, 10:23 AM
The plot thickens!!! Who to believe. Can't believed she didn't post it earlier.

She says she did not have an affair-- no one in the close circle has ever accused her of sleeping with Tony. IIRC, even TMZ never said they had an "affair."

She says she did persue him. People tried to make her sound like the aggressor to make Tony not sound so bad, and she is saying that is not true.

She is also saying that Tony had nothing to do with the end of her marriage.

These really are not shocking points if you have followed the reports, as opposed to people's speculation.

As for not saying anything earlier- it's really nobody's business. She owes no explanation to the public. I think she finally did it because it was affecting her ability to garner support for her work with abused kids.

Brazil
12-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I have no problem with Pop benching TP because he sucked that game but why did he give a pass for Bonner ? Bonner suckage was much worst. In that case bench TP and give the key of the truck to Hill and bench Bonner and let Tiago doing his stuff.

eric365
12-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I have no problem with Pop benching TP because he sucked that game but why did he give a pass for Bonner ? Bonner suckage was much worst. In that case bench TP and give the key of the truck to Hill and bench Bonner and let Tiago doing his stuff.

Because Manu, Hill and Neal played clearly better than TP during this game.

OTOH Splitter, Dice and Blair were not particulary great and pop still hoped Bonner would hit theses 3s.
5 or 6 games ago, Bonner was 0/4 and hit the biggest shot of the game

I would have choosed Dice though

ohmwrecker
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I have no problem with Pop benching TP because he sucked that game but why did he give a pass for Bonner ?

I say the next time the Spurs are in L.A. that Tony should send Bonner to have lunch with Eva in his stead.