PDA

View Full Version : Let's not forget....

2centsworth
05-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Tony Parker. Without his unstoppable scoring during Phoenix's run the spurs would have been down by 20. Tony was unfreakinbelievable during that stretch.

nkdlunch
05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
He's been playing sooo much better than the previous 2 series. And he's embarrasing Nash on the defensive end.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I think the whole spurs team deserves credit for the 1st 2 games, everyone who has played, has played GREAT.

ladiesman
05-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I think the whole spurs team deserves credit for the 1st 2 games, everyone who has played, has played GREAT.

Rasho has played a few minutes.... :rolleyes

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, I take his huge point total with a grain of salt since Nash's defense isn't much of anything. Seriously, if the NBA uniforms had pockets he would put his hands in them on defense. However I think the real praise is that he's managed to keep up with (and subsequently wear down) that little Canadian Engergizer bunny. Nash's fatigue down the stretch during the last two games is directly related to Parker making him work for every inch of the floor during the first three quarters. Of course, the fact that D'Antoni is riding him like a damn mule doesn't help the fact either. Still he was playing these minutes against Jason Terry and still had something in the tank for the fourth quarter. Props to Tony's D. And for the Spurs D, forcing the Suns to get Nash back in the game after he got all of four minutes rest.

2centsworth
05-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Well, I take his huge point total with a grain of salt since Nash's defense isn't much of anything. Seriously, if the NBA uniforms had pockets he would put his hands in them on defense. However I think the real praise is that he's managed to keep up with (and subsequently wear down) that little Canadian Engergizer bunny. Nash's fatigue down the stretch during the last two games is directly related to Parker making him work for every inch of the floor during the first three quarters. Of course, the fact that D'Antoni is riding him like a damn mule doesn't help the fact either. Still he was playing these minutes against Jason Terry and still had something in the tank for the fourth quarter. Props to Tony's D. And for the Spurs D, forcing the Suns to get Nash back in the game after he got all of four minutes rest.
24 pts is not huge for Tony. They were all high quality buckets.

Slomo
05-25-2005, 03:10 PM
And?

I thought he defended the PNR well. What could have he done more during those 3 minutes?

boutons
05-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Tony's tear-drop was in EXCELLENT form last night!!

A couple times it felt like Tony slowed only slightly to release, plus released very quickly, a VERY tough shot to make, no hang-time. And of course, the quick release and high arc makes it damn near unblockable. what a weapon!!

ShoogarBear
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Before one of the haters says it, let me:

Seeing Tony have good games 1 and 2 is nothing new. Now we need to see him keep it up in 3 and 4.

Slomo
05-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Tony's tear-drop was in EXCELLENT form last night!!

A couple times it felt like Tony slowed only slightly to release, plus released very quickly, a VERY tough shot to make, no hang-time. And of course, the quick release and high arc makes it damn near unblockable. what a weapon!!

I don't get to see that many games to make a judgement for myself - but he had problems with his tear drop during this season, right?

It was good to see it yesterday it's one of my favourite Tony shots.

boutons
05-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Not that he was missing it, but that Tony's teardrop has not been seen very much in these playoffs, IIRC.

2centsworth
05-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Before one of the haters says it, let me:

Seeing Tony have good games 1 and 2 is nothing new. Now we need to see him keep it up in 3 and 4.

Tony has struggled more on the road. Also, during his struggles he hasn't totally disappeared. Remember game 4 against Denver, a non factor for most of the game and then just takes over at the end to bring it home.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-25-2005, 03:27 PM
I think he'll continue to kick some ass simply because he tended to disapear when Manu and/or Tim were playing well, and he seems to have shed that habit, if only for this series. If he can shake it off for the rest of his career he'll be a damn steal at 66 mil.

2centsworth
05-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I think he'll continue to kick some ass simply because he tended to disapear when Manu and/or Tim were playing well, and he seems to have shed that habit, if only for this series.

if only for this series? My man, the guy has made several clutch shots down the stretch of games in which he has struggled. Tony is exorcising the demons of his past, and it's fun to watch.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-25-2005, 03:39 PM

I remember Rasho defending very well, he defended amare well, and I remember him getting switched on to Nash and keeping nash in front of him, and doing a great job to contest his shot.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Is Rasho still a bit injured, or is Pop just down to a tight rotation?

Yeah and TP has been amazing, without him when Duncan and Manu were on the bench and cold respectivley in the third, Parker's play saved us.