PDA

View Full Version : Gasol: "I'm fatigued"

The Batman
12-02-2010, 09:09 AM
But perhaps there is some level of concern on several fronts after the Lakers lost their fourth consecutive game, a 109-99 defeat to the Houston Rockets (http://spurstalk.com/topic/sports/basketball/houston-rockets-ORSPT000101.topic) at the Toyota Center.

One concern has to be the health of center Pau Gasol (http://spurstalk.com/topic/sports/basketball/pau-gasol-PESPT002503.topic), who came down with a sore left hamstring that limited his effectiveness and forced him to get treatment on it in the locker room at the end of the third quarter.

Gasol said his hamstring was sore Tuesday in the game against Memphis and that in Wednesday's game against the Rockets, "it didn't get loose at all, so I couldn't play the way I wanted to."

Gasol had just eight points on two-for-eight shooting, leading Lakers Coach Phil Jackson (http://spurstalk.com/topic/sports/basketball/phil-jackson-PEHST001003.topic) to lament: "He probably had the worst game of the season by far."

Last season, Gasol missed 11 games with a right hamstring strain and six more with a left hamstring strain.

This time, Gasol said he's "tired from fatigue."

He has been averaging 39.9 minutes this season.

Gasol played 38.38 minutes against the Rockets and 44:41 against Memphis.

"What's my concern? My concern is that it doesn't get better, or that it gets worse and it becomes a problem," Gasol said. "Then we'll really have a problem."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-rockets-20101202,0,5495844.story?page=2&utm_medium=twitter&track=rss&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20latimes%2Fsports%2Fbasketba ll%2Fnba%2Flakers%20%28Lakers%20Blog%29&utm_source=twitterfeed

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Man up Pau

Killakobe81
12-02-2010, 09:15 AM
PJ has played them too much ...
I know we dont want to spend lux tax on a stop-gap big but we need one unless Bynum coming back soon ....

Xevious
12-02-2010, 09:35 AM
When is Bynum coming back anyway?

ElNono
12-02-2010, 09:49 AM
What's with all the :cry :cry :cry I play too many minutes :cry :cry :cry bitching in December this season?

Killakobe81
12-02-2010, 09:52 AM
What's with all the :cry :cry :cry I play too many minutes :cry :cry :cry bitching in December this season?

I agree. it's this early and Pau and Lebron ALREADY bitching ...

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2010, 10:15 AM
lol pussy

21_Blessings
12-02-2010, 10:19 AM
On his cycle again, I see.

Spursmania
12-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Man up Pau. Bryant plays a hell of a lot of minutes and you don't see him bitching about it.

Hold the fort while Bynum is out or Luva and Cubby are going to be on suicide watch.:downspin:

Agloco
12-02-2010, 10:30 AM
lol Lakerfan ragging on Pop for limiting minutes

Koolaid_Man
12-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I agree. it's this early and Pau and Lebron ALREADY bitching ...

Killa I know u frustrated and though life is complicated Laker Nation warriors must maintain composure at ease...:toast

We have a few issues of which I will do a knowledge transfer session with the board..

Lakers are playing with a pretty much depleted front line ( not excuses just solid facts):

Bynum ( our youngsta stud) Out
Gasol heavy minutes with a hamstring injury
Odom bone bruise in his foot
Theo Ratliff knee surgery out indefinitely

So there you have it...So we've lost a few more than we anticipated but it's nothing to panic about. We don't act like Heat fan who run, hide, and cower at the first cracklings of trouble. Nor are we irrational and delusional like Hornet, Thunder, Mav, Jazz, Bull, Rocket, and Suns fan, we're definitely not pissy, spineless, and most importantly dickless like Spur and Boston fan. Like I said maintain your composure, we are at WAR, we may lose some battles along the way but the WAR will be won...the title path goes through El Segundo and spoils of victory shall be paraded down Figueroa.

Be like Kool and take your cue from the Emperor himself:

After losing to the Rockets:

"Trust me we're fine," Bryant said. "Are we going to win a three-peat today? Probably not, because it’s not played today." - Kobe Bryant :toast

Koolaid_Man
12-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Killa I know u frustrated and though life is complicated Laker Nation warriors must maintain composure at ease...:toast

We have a few issues of which I will do a knowledge transfer session with the board..

Lakers are playing with a pretty much depleted front line ( not excuses just solid facts):

So there you have it...So we've lost a few more than we anticipated but it's nothing to panic about. We don't act like Heat fan who run, hide, and cower at the first cracklings of trouble. Nor are we irrational and delusional like Hornet, Thunder, Mav, Jazz, Bull, Rocket, and Suns fan, we're definitely not pissy, spineless, and most importantly dickless like Spur and Boston fan. Like I said maintain your composure, we are at WAR, we may lose some battles along the way but the WAR will be won...the title path goes through El Segundo and spoils of victory shall be paraded down Figueroa.

"Trust me we're fine," Bryant said. "Are we going to win a three-peat today? Probably not, because it’s not played today." - Kobe Bryant :toast

my bad... I forgot the picture of the emperor:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Duncan%20dunks/emporerkb.jpg

Killakobe81
12-02-2010, 11:54 AM
:toast

Playboy ...Im not panicing but Yes I am frustrated. I already posted I have the utmost faith in Kobe and PJ to get this worked out ...

But Pau is showing some softness here whther we want to admit or not ...

PJ antricipated this and was playing head games early with Pau and now Bynum ...we will be fine ...but that doesnt make losing winnable games at home (pacers, suns) or losing to inferior teams any less frustrating ...or acceptable in my eyes.

But i appreciate ya holding it down you and Luva are the Laker warrior ryders on here til cully gets back ...

Im just a Laker vet who does bang on the haters here every once in a while but i try to stay on basketball (for the most part)...but I respect your hustle and your swag nah ... pimp game ...that is better ...:toast

Donkeybong
12-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Phil has been playing Pau wayyy too much. We need another big fast. Sure missing Mbenga right about now.

Hemotivo
12-02-2010, 01:01 PM

true

Cessation
12-02-2010, 06:07 PM
bean knows he wont win, the seed is already planted

crc21209
12-02-2010, 06:09 PM
And so it begins...

TD 21
12-02-2010, 06:11 PM
This guy is the biggest bitch in the entire league. It's always something. Boo-hoo, he's had to play 39 mpg for a month. Back in the day, Duncan, Garnett and O'Neal, averaged 40 mpg in a season.

ImDaNuts
12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Gasol another European pansy

Leonard Curse
12-02-2010, 07:09 PM
the basketball gods are not going to allow kobe to copy jordans legacy trust me they never have and never will enter tim duncan and we may be blocking kobes 6th ring while catching up w/him and winning our 5th!!!

angelbelow
12-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Did gasol play over the summer too?

21_Blessings
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
bean knows he wont win, the seed is already planted

Bean knows once he gets his best center back (which is soon :lol) everybody else is fucked anyway.

sribb43
12-02-2010, 07:51 PM
What a pussy? Didnt he take the summer off?

Dirk > Pau

frodo
12-03-2010, 12:07 AM
What a pussy? Didnt he take the summer off?

Dirk > Pau

dirk had a full summer holiday too imho. dirk just plays soft ball and always avoids collisions, so even tho he also plays vast minutes it doesn't cost him as much labour as the same PT costs Pau. whereas Pau has to take every work in the paint and often gets embroiled in fierce contacts against black centers who are swole as fuck, especially when Bynum misses a shitload of games like this season.

Xevious
12-03-2010, 12:48 AM
dirk had a full summer holiday too imho. dirk just plays soft ball and always avoids collisions, so even tho he also plays vast minutes it doesn't cost him as much labour as the same PT costs Pau. whereas Pau has to take every work in the paint and often gets embroiled in fierce contacts against black centers who are swole as fuck, especially when Bynum misses a shitload of games like this season.
wut?

ezau
12-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Best big man in the NBA :lol:lol

duncan228
12-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Pau Gasol: Dealing with Hamstring Injury (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rotowire-auasolealingwithamst)
RotoWire.com

Gasol is dealing with a strained left hamstring, the Lakers’ official site reports.

Gasol aggravated the injury in Tuesday’s loss to Memphis. He still managed to play Wednesday night, but he appeared limited. Gasol admitted that this injury isn’t as severe as the hamstring strains he suffered last season which held him out of 17 games. He’s officially listed as day-to-day, but the Lakers are already considering holding him out of Friday’s tilt against the Kings. He’ll probably miss a game or two, but double check on his status before Friday’s game to see if he’ll play through the injury.

boutons_deux
12-03-2010, 02:15 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/ca8a5e33205c99d080423ad3b7eb4a7c.jpg

El Rey de Memphis

Josepatches_
12-03-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm from Spain but i never was a fan of Pau.Now less than ever because he plays for the Lakers

Anyway I would be happy if he leaves from LA only to see how they don't have any shot for the tittle.
That's what deserves some Lakers fans

Koolaid_Man
12-03-2010, 07:57 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/ca8a5e33205c99d080423ad3b7eb4a7c.jpg

El Rey de Memphis

Hey faggot stop posting pics that I posted like a year ago...if you gonna do that at least tickle my balls first...

Gutter92
12-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Hey faggot tickle my balls first...

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
12-03-2010, 08:05 AM
:lmao

:lol like leading cows out to pasture...or dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit...You dance to Kool's rhythm...

duncan228
12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Pau Gasol’s hamstring ailing, but Lakers have no other good options (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/03/pau-gasol%e2%80%99s-hamstring-ailing-but-lakers-have-no-other-good-options/)
Kurt Helin

Pau Gasol missed 17 games last season because one or another of his hamstrings was hurt.

This season, Gasol knew he would have to play more minutes and take on more of the load in the paint until Andrew Bynum returned (then Theo Ratliff went down, making things worse). What has returned more quickly than Bynum (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/andrew-bynum-back-soon-rinse-lather-repeat/) is a sore Gasol hamstring.

Gasol could use some rest — he has averaged 43.4 minutes per game the last five — but Phil Jackson doesn’t have a lot of choices.

Before the Lakers first game of the season Phil Jackson was asked about playing rookie Derrick Caracter key minutes and he said “I hope not” almost before the question was over.

But Thursday Phil Jackson has said Gasol could sit out Friday night against the Kings, and if he does Caracter would get the start, as reported by Andrew Kamenetzky at the Land O’ Lakers blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/).

“(We) might have to start (Caracter) and play him the whole game. That’s always an option where something may happen with that.”

Caracter is a nice rookie with potential. He isn’t a great shooter or rebounder at the NBA level yet, and he turns the ball over like a rookie. He should be down in the D-League getting reps, not a guy starting for a contender.

Tonight, look for Gasol to go. But look for Caracter to get key minutes, likely matched up on DeMarcus Cousins. Which will be interesting (Caracter held his own for three quarters against Cousins in Summer League, but Cousins has the potential to overwhelm Caracter).

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/03/pau-gasol%e2%80%99s-hamstring-ailing-but-lakers-have-no-other-good-options/