PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead Thoughts

MeesterMarcus
12-02-2010, 12:53 PM
What are yall's thoughts on the new series on AMC, The Walking Dead? So far it's been amazing for me. My favorite episodes so far are the first one and the fourth.
http://www.morehorror.com/images/AMC-Zombie-Grass-WM-560.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
12-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I think my favorite is the original thread labeled "completely random thoughts"......

koriwhat
12-02-2010, 03:22 PM
im not a zombie fan cause movies and tv make them out to be lame shit. didnt really care to see this show but i have and so far 1 or 2 episodes have been good and the rest just a bunch of sappy novellas. boring!

LnGrrrR
12-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Pretty good, and it's mostly been following the basic plot of the comics... this CDC thing is a big departure though.

Not as good as the comics, but that's a high bar to meet.

MeesterMarcus
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Yeah I agree that the last episode was kind of boring.. especially considering the season isn't very long, but most of the episodes have been amazing, especially the one written by Robert Kirkman himself. I haven't read the comics yet but judging from the one written by Kirkman and the good things I've been hearing about the comic book, I'll definitely have to check em out.

LnGrrrR
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah I agree that the last episode was kind of boring.. especially considering the season isn't very long, but most of the episodes have been amazing, especially the one written by Robert Kirkman himself. I haven't read the comics yet but judging from the one written by Kirkman and the good things I've been hearing about the comic book, I'll definitely have to check em out.

Walking Dead is an awesome comic book, and if you make it up to Vol 8, it's pretty epic. Even if nothing tops Volume 8, still worth the read.

He also has another series called Invincible, which is a blast. (And his Marvel Zombies book was pretty hilarious.)

Hooks
12-02-2010, 08:49 PM
I heard Darabont fired the entire writing staff, the first two episodes were written by Darabont also co-wrote and rewrote the last 4 episodes of season 1.

MeesterMarcus
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm downloading The Walking Dead comic book series 1-78 as we speak haha. Looking forward to reading it.

@Hooks; wow I had no idea. How recent was this?

Hooks
12-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm downloading The Walking Dead comic book series 1-78 as we speak haha. Looking forward to reading it.

@Hooks; wow I had no idea. How recent was this?

I think it was just a few days ago, season 2 should be great IF Darabont writes it...

MeesterMarcus
12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
I just saw this on IGN
http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1138535p1.html

Apparently the staff isn't fired, whew.

Anyway, season finale this Sunday. Anyone have any ideas on what's going to happen?

VBM
06-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Watched the entire series this weekend. Liked it enough to be looking forward to season 3. I think I hate the entire Grimes family though...