PDA

View Full Version : July 2007...If Pop had...

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Retired, if Pop had celebrated the championship and then in July-announced his retirement;

#1) Would the Spurs be better off today?
Yes...explain

No...explain

#2) Would 2007-10 have brought more titles? or not?

#3) Personnel acquisitions? Who would be the coach? Who would be the players? (in other words-in YOUR Fantasy...who would the spurs have hired to coach, who would have left,etc....

Bonus Question;

Are these years Spurs winning...

because of Pop?

Or

In spite of Pop?

What do Spurs fans think?

SpursDynasty85
12-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Lots of fair questions.

The Spurs are winning because of popovich. The reasoning, is becuase its his team, his plays, and he is still the one screaming at the time.

The spurs lose certain games because of Popovich's reluctance to play Splitter. They lose again athletic young teams that gaurd our three pointers, and rough up our big men. When Bonner, Mcdyess, and Duncan are not on point, we lose. Popovich doesn't see that our biggest weaknesses are that sometimes our offense is predictable.

Would we be better off? I don't know.. Popovich still knows how to win, but he has his weaknesses. They are that he does not play new players or rookies and he relies too much on small ballk and three-point shooting. You can say most coaches have this problem, but I can name two who don't. Jerry Sloan and Phil Jackson. If you remember Jerry Sloan played Wesley Mathews, CJ Miles, and Paul Millsap a lot. Phil Jackson also had the balls to play Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. ENough said...

Popovich is a basketball genius, but he really does need to wake up and start urgently integrating Splitter in the line up. Bonners shortcomings are irritating the fans, and obviously going to make it hard down the road to integrate him the longer he waits.

Sense
12-02-2010, 03:21 PM
1. No
2. No

Bonus answer

NO..

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Of course, it is not necessary to answer everything or guess at anything, I was just wondering if anyone wanted to post their opinions, thoughts, on Pop in the last three years...good and not so good.

Hopefully people want to chime in on one or all questions-does not matter.

ChumpDumper
12-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Retired, if Pop had celebrated the championship and then in July-announced his retirement;

#1) Would the Spurs be better off today?Yes.

Because Pop wouldn't be the coach.

#2) Would 2007-10 have brought more titles? or not?More.

Because Pop would not be coach.

#3) Personnel acquisitions? Who would be the coach?Anyone would be better than Pop. No coach at all would be better than Pop.

Who would be the players?Players Pop wouldn't destroy because he wouldn't be the coach.

because of Pop?

Or

In spite of Pop?The Spurs never won a game because of Pop, and every loss they ever had was because of Pop.

What do Spurs fans think?They don't have to. The answer is clear.

Agloco
12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
lol Chump regulating on this thread.

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey Chump...whatever Pop pays you...is not nearly enough...you are way underpaid. :lol

Blake
12-02-2010, 05:14 PM

#1) Would the Spurs be better off today?
Yes...explain

No...explain

No.

1. This is a players league.

2. Chances are one of the current assistants would have just moved up into the HC spot. Best case they would be the same without Pop.

#2) Would 2007-10 have brought more titles? or not?

Don't see how unless the new coach demanded that TP and Manu not play for France and Argentina during the summers.

#3) Personnel acquisitions? Who would be the coach? Who would be the players? (in other words-in YOUR Fantasy...who would the spurs have hired to coach, who would have left,etc....

Can't think of any coach outside the Spurs organization that I would say "The Spurs need that guy to win a title again."

I'd say someone like Coach Bud would be just fine to carry things on.

Bonus Question;

because of Pop?
Or

In spite of Pop?

What do Spurs fans think?

I can't think of any years that the Spurs lost because of a Pop move.

If you want to say that Pop has been a big factor in the GM moves that RC has made over the years, I'd say that the Spurs have been winning because of Pop.