12-02-2010, 05:33 PM
/thread

:hat

Viva Las Espuelas
12-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Depends.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Hell, if he isn't he sure in heck is one of them.

How can you argue with this?

IYSoJmSMctU

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
LOVE SRV!!

Best thing to come out of Texas

DJ Mbenga
12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
he's us there with hendrix and that guitarist from the RHP. i cant spell his name

ohmwrecker
12-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Overrated. Stevie Ray was pretty derivative tbh. Albert King did everything SRV did before SRV did. Hendrix was much better, more inventive and changed electric guitar forever.

monosylab1k
12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Tom DeLonge of Blink 182 says hi.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Albert King did everything SRV did before SRV did. ever so slightly agree, but its not like AK was the first ever blues guitar player. Mr Johnson ring a bell? Stevie played a little more in key than Albert :lol

Hendrix was much better, more inventive and changed electric guitar forever.Pfffffffff. Not taking away what jimi did, Stevie played jimi better than jimi did. Without a doubt. Stevie would bring Jimi to tears if they were both around.

Booharv
12-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Hendrix is not only flat out better than Vaughn, he's about 1000x more innovative and original.

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 07:09 PM
There are so many great guitarists around-past and present, who can say-let alone decide who is the best ever?

I love SRV's fire and his soul, but best ever? Hard to say.

As soon as you nominate a rock or blues player for example, someone could cite a classical or flamenco player, a jazz virtuoso, a metal pyrotechnic wizard, etc...

There are great guitarists that are or were never that famous-or famous at all-yet they were/are freakin' amazin...

I have been blown away by little 11 year old kids who were just wailin' away on a randy rhoads solo-note for note.

You can scan youtube and discover virtuosos no one ever heard of and they can do anything...

Best ever?

No one will ever win that title.

mouse
12-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Best ever?

No one will ever win that title.

I dare you to find a better solo than this.

VnnQFLoCbWw

/thread

leemajors
12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Buckethead is my personal fave, but Shawn Lane was tops imo. Too bad he couldn't afford medical insurance:

r9RHFaemnKA

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I dare you to find a better solo than this.

VnnQFLoCbWw

/thread

I will give you TWO better than that...

First ...with a Stratocaster...solo starts at the 3:10 mark

CxkzluURe7g

then one with a Les Paul...

pWVTqr6EgWk

mouse
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
silverblk mystix not bad! :tu

but those solos lose out on three different levels to mine.

First: The difficulty, what your pal is doing is really a lot of stretching of the strings and he slows down many times to catch his breath and doesn't have his own style it's more like he is mixing SRV with Hendrix

Second: the length of the solo, it is not as long as Michael Schenker's solo not to mention the speed of Michael Schenker's fingers and unique style he has it has yet to be duplicated by anyone.

Third: Unlike your Gary Moore Michael Schenker is able to do his solo w/o making face like he is getting a rectal exam by Andre the giant

The Reckoning
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
dont necessarily love van halen because their lyrics are so stupid but the guitar is fucking incredible

z_lwocmL9dQ

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 08:21 PM

First: The difficulty, what your pal is doing is really a lot of stretching of the strings and he slows down many times to catch his breath and doesn't have his own style it's more like he is mixing SRV with Hendrix

Second: the length of the solo, it is not as long as Michael Schenker's solo not to mention the speed of Michael Schenker's fingers and unique style he has it has yet to be duplicated by anyone.

Third: Unlike your Gary Moore Michael Schenker is able to do his solo w/o making face like he is getting a rectal exam by Andre the giant

Mouse....

don't force me to go ....really...old school...

the great Terry Kath (he starts at the 2:00 mark...takes him a little bit to get loose...but then...he goes absolutely berserk!!!!

IBIO5RdAhZg&feature=related

The Reckoning
12-02-2010, 08:24 PM
0WGVW7byRCA

WfM6nRVBvGs

not saying dickey betts is the greatest or anything, but i dig the shit out of his style and incorporating two guitars.

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 08:26 PM
dont necessarily love van halen because their lyrics are so stupid but the guitar is fucking incredible

z_lwocmL9dQ

...uh yeah...

Eddie was always a monster...don't know if that was the best guitar solo...but it is up there...

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 08:35 PM
just in case you are not convinced...

here's another gem...this song with TWO awesome solos in the same song...

gGdstwaxhcU

CAN'T top that mouse....

The Reckoning
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
time to spice some things up

0o8vszqVL2U

mouse
12-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Mouse....

don't force me to go ....really...old school...

the great Terry Kath (he starts at the 2:00 mark...takes him a little bit to get loose...but then...he goes absolutely berserk!!!!

IBIO5RdAhZg&feature=related
Did you say he went "absolutely berserk!!!!"

Look esse...Chicago is one of my favorite old school bands but comparing the solo to 25 6 to 4 to rock bottom is like comparing a 1975 ford pinto to a 1999 Mitsubishi eclipse.

but if you want to go old school vs old school then chew on this brah!!
2:30 mark
5akUBVdPWjk

LnGrrrR
12-02-2010, 09:01 PM

Also, that guitarist believes we landed on the moon, so he's disqualified from the contest.

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 09:02 PM
time to spice some things up

0o8vszqVL2U

Ahhh fuck...kinda nice...

but if we are gonna split hairs here...

let's just get a cat up here who said, ``fuck this...one guitar...I will play rhythm and lead...by myself...gimme TWO fuckin' guitars.''

lQZY87PDsnQ&feature=related

mouse
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Also, that guitarist believes we landed on the moon, so he's disqualified from the contest.

Many probes have been sent to the moon to retrieve samples. I never said we never landed on the moon I said Apollo 11 didn't.

Lets just end this shit already.

hSnUwA6c67k

mouse
12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
cwhkG3LhZO8

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Did you say he went "absolutely berserk!!!!"

Look esse...Chicago is one of my favorite old school bands but comparing the solo to 25 6 to 4 to rock bottom is like comparing a 1975 ford pinto to a 1999 Mitsubishi eclipse.

but if you want to go old school vs old school then chew on this brah!!
2:30 mark
5akUBVdPWjk

well... Rik Emmitt...was not bad...he ran a few scales..did a few warm up exercises...not too bad...

but...let's just stop fuckin ` round here...you think?

you want soul? power? grace? mastery? talent? skill? vision?

allow me to introduce...the master...

ladies and genitals....Mr...... Jimi.....Hendrix

2pmWC-yIfXw

GAME OVER!

Jose Canseco
12-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Love SRV. Crazy skillz. The guitar seemed like it was party of his body, so natural.

Someone mentioned Albert King. I really enjoy their session collaboration. Here's King with SRV doing a session version of "Ask Me No Questions." It's not SRV's greatest display of his skills. Really just a jam session. But what's great about it is that Stevie didn't know the song at all and Albert just told him what key it was in and to just follow along. Pretty sick, if you ask me.

Odemgv5eLok

He's not really the same caliber of solo guitarist as some mentioned here, but when I saw this, I was really impressed with the guitar skills of Nuno Bettencourt. He's the former guitarist of that cheesy 90s rock band Extreme. This is an acoustic version of his instrumental song "Midnight Express." It's not really like a guitar solo because it's mostly strumming, but it is a full song and much longer than most solos, and it's more about the difficulty of the finger positioning and changes of his left hand. Pretty ill.

i8g_gq_NxU4

edit: that's not the acoustic version. The acoustic version is a little more impressive but the embedded feature on that youtube clip is disabled. Here's the link if you want to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaMcf63f7Ic

silverblk mystix
12-02-2010, 09:31 PM
well...a little curve ball...here...

a ukelele jam...this guy jams on a freakin ukelele...

puSkP3uym5k

Nathan Explosion
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM
LyS9Qy570wY

whoever said hendrix and albert king are much much better than SRV needs to get a life and then kill him/herself

This is the only Wyld Stallions solo worth posting.

ISdeiheoP9w

All you need to do is pay attention to about the first minute or two.

dirk4mvp
12-03-2010, 01:00 AM
he's us there with hendrix and that guitarist from the RHP. i cant spell his name

wat

Frusciante is good, but you randomly name him like he's in SRV's and Hendrix's class.

mouse
12-03-2010, 02:22 AM
well... Rik Emmitt...was not bad...he ran a few scales..did a few warm up exercises...not too bad...

but...let's just stop fuckin ` round here...you think?

you want soul? power? grace? mastery? talent? skill? vision?

allow me to introduce...the master...

ladies and genitals....Mr...... Jimi.....Hendrix

2pmWC-yIfXw

GAME OVER!

Let a white boy show you how to play Purple haze properly.

QL0IbQ2ltC0

mojorizen7
12-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Love SRV. Aggressive and soulful player.
But come on.....Hendrix wasn't human,he visited us from outer space just to blow our minds for a few years....and then he traveled on.

I can't imagine what it must have been like to watch Hendrix live,or hear his shit for the first time in '67,'68.......maybe it was like being born into a hypothetical world where everyone only played ukalele's and you were raised in that world.....some ukalele players were better than others,some even liked to smash their ukalele's at the end of their show....but in the end,they were all just strumming and humming.
http://www.affordablemauiweddings.com/Images/Rev.%20Ken%20With%20Ukulele-1.JPG..........

Then, one day.....you put on a record,or go to a show and there's this dude who is NOT playing a ukalele, he's blowin your fucking mind. WTF is that? What's he's doing? Is that a man playing on a piece of wood with six strings on it......? It can't be. :( How does it sound like that? :lol EUPHORIA and PARANOIA hits you. :hat

Soon after this man comes and goes....no one's playing ukalele's anymore.

I imagine that might have been how it went for alot of people.

Nobody comes close to Hendrix...and nothing comes close to Machine Gun as a guitar lead in this universe. Skip to 3:45 for the lead if you must(not recommended).
You should hear this on CD and not some crappy old youtube vid but WTF right?
zZANxW4iFnk

I don't believe that anyone will ever come along again that will revolutionize the instrument(or probably even rock music again) like Jimi Hendrix did.
Just sayin :toast

silverblk mystix
12-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Love SRV. Aggressive and soulful player.
But come on.....Hendrix wasn't human,he visited us from outer space just to blow our minds for a few years....and then he traveled on.

I can't imagine what it must have been like to watch Hendrix live,or hear his shit for the first time in '67,'68.......maybe it was like being born into a hypothetical world where everyone only played ukalele's and you were raised in that world.....some ukalele players were better than others,some even liked to smash their ukalele's at the end of their show....but in the end,they were all just strumming and humming.
http://www.affordablemauiweddings.com/Images/Rev.%20Ken%20With%20Ukulele-1.JPG..........

Then, one day.....you put on a record,or go to a show and there's this dude who is NOT playing a ukalele, he's blowin your fucking mind. WTF is that? What's he's doing? Is that a man playing on a piece of wood with six strings on it......? It can't be. :( How does it sound like that? :lol EUPHORIA and PARANOIA hits you. :hat

Soon after this man comes and goes....no one's playing ukalele's anymore.

I imagine that might have been how it went for alot of people.

Nobody comes close to Hendrix...and nothing comes close to Machine Gun as a guitar lead in this universe. Skip to 3:45 for the lead if you must(not recommended).
You should hear this on CD and not some crappy old youtube vid but WTF right?
zZANxW4iFnk

I don't believe that anyone will ever come along again that will revolutionize the instrument(or probably even rock music again) like Jimi Hendrix did.
Just sayin :toast

...can't argue too much here...

I've always had machine gun up there neck to neck with the long version of voodoo chile...but, hey...I like the bluesy vibe more than anything else....

good choice...:toast

silverblk mystix
12-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Let a white boy show you how to play Purple haze properly.

QL0IbQ2ltC0

Mouse, ..nice...always liked Frank Marino...

I love Shenker,F.Marino,et al...

But you can't seriously think they had a better all time solo than Jimi????

TheManFromAcme
12-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Hendrix was great, no doubt, but I prefer SRV for blues guys.
With Rock on the other hand, I go with Randy Rhoads all the way.
Not to mention Randy and I share the same birthplace :D

http://images.starpulse.com/AMGPhotos/pic200/drp100/p177/p17779o518o.jpg http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/Randy%20Rhoads-3.JPG

Soul_Patch
12-03-2010, 10:11 AM
For me, it doesnt get any better...by a long shot....than this guy

DxEmsvNMXDM

4gvDWsiXNsE

cornbread
12-03-2010, 11:58 AM
It's all subjective of course, but to me SRV played the guitar better than anybody I've ever heard or seen, and nothing demonstrates that better than when he played Texas Flood at El Mocambo. From the singing to the guitar work, the performance is so powerful and honest. You can see the pain in his face when he played. And that performance has some of the nastiest tone you'll ever hear. A Strat with a Tube Screamer run through a Fender Twin (I think), and strings so thick you could use them on a piano. It all came together on that night. We're lucky it was captured on film.

My picks for elite of the elite also include Paul Gilbert, Yngwie, Satch, Chet Atkins, Les Paul, Chuck Berry, Randy Rhoads and Tom Morello. All phenomenal in their way and brought something new and innovative to the game.

I don't include Jimi because he's simply in his own class. With Jimi, it's not a question of who's better and who's not. His contribution is far too profound for that conversation IMO.

And the best guitarist in San Antonio for the last 15 years or so is with a doubt Ruben V.

mouse
12-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Mouse, ..nice...always liked Frank Marino...
I love Shenker,F.Marino,et al...
But you can't seriously think they had a better all time solo than Jimi????

So really what your saying is the telephone and typewriter where the best inventions to come around leaving no room for the iPhone later?

Frank Marino took Jimmy and turned a beeper into a cell phone.

lmcBc-GjeDY

Its been nice having this chat fellas but at the end of the day I see no solo here that is better than the solo from Rock bottom. sorry that's life in the Guitar world I guess.

VnnQFLoCbWw

PublicOption
12-03-2010, 12:53 PM
SRV
EVH
RR
Jimi Hendrix
Ritchie Blackmore
Brian May

silverblk mystix
12-03-2010, 01:45 PM
It's all subjective of course, but to me SRV played the guitar better than anybody I've ever heard or seen, and nothing demonstrates that better than when he played Texas Flood at El Mocambo. From the singing to the guitar work, the performance is so powerful and honest. You can see the pain in his face when he played. And that performance has some of the nastiest tone you'll ever hear. A Strat with a Tube Screamer run through a Fender Twin (I think), and strings so thick you could use them on a piano. It all came together on that night. We're lucky it was captured on film.

My picks for elite of the elite also include Paul Gilbert, Yngwie, Satch, Chet Atkins, Les Paul, Chuck Berry, Randy Rhoads and Tom Morello. All phenomenal in their way and brought something new and innovative to the game.

I don't include Jimi because he's simply in his own class. With Jimi, it's not a question of who's better and who's not. His contribution is far too profound for that conversation IMO.

And the best guitarist in San Antonio for the last 15 years or so is with a doubt Ruben V.

All good points. :toast

I watch the El Mocambo DVD every now and then...it is one of his best captured performances.

I do believe the amp was a Fender Vibroverb, however, the one with the 15'' speaker. The tone is nasty and bluesy.

Sorry, can't say I know or have ever heard of Ruben V.

BacktoBasics
12-03-2010, 03:59 PM
SRV was amazing.

I think the bulk of the people posting in this thread really have no idea who Brian Carroll or Buckethead really is. I think they associate the guy with heavy metal or death thrash blah blah so on and so forth.

Most of the people listed in this thread are extremely gifted in their genre or at best a few genres. Whereas Brian Carroll embodies diversity and range. He does it all. There is simply no one out there as talented as he is if you look at the full scope of his accomplished body of work.

Rock, Metal, Bluegrass, Electronica, Blues, Pop, R&B and so on. He's not just dabbled in all avenues of guitar he's masterfully performed across the board.

I bet we could put on over half his albums or albums where he's featured and very few in this thread would even recognize nor believe its his work. He just doesn't get the credit he deserves.

ohmwrecker
12-03-2010, 04:32 PM
ever so slightly agree, but its not like AK was the first ever blues guitar player. Mr Johnson ring a bell? Stevie played a little more in key than Albert :lol

Don't challenge my knowledge of blues guitar players, sir. I thought King was an appropriate reference due to the similarities in playing style and tone. Stevie Ray would have been the first to admit the influence.

Pfffffffff. Not taking away what jimi did, Stevie played jimi better than jimi did. Without a doubt. Stevie would bring Jimi to tears if they were both around.

Don't you Pfffffffff me . . . SRV played cleaner than Jimi. I wouldn't say better. It's a matter of taste, I suppose, but Jimi was an innovator. His style transcended any perceived lack of technical skill because he developed his own technique that no one has ever really exceeded.

Trill Clinton
12-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Prince

ohmwrecker
12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Prince

Absolutely. So underrated. I think because he is such a phenomenal musician and well-rounded performer people forget what a fantastic guitar player he is.

Check out this shit: Prince comes in @ 3:33

HoR6YQ1V8ks

mrsmaalox
12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
It's kind of impossible to discount the guitar playing skills of any of the players mentioned here, because they are all so obviously skilled. It's impossible to declare anyone the greatest because there are so many factors, other than skill, that come into play in the final product that we hear. We all have our own tastes when it comes to style and sound and how it moves us. I love Jack White's playing but what he plays it in isn't always appealing to me. I really like the loose, twangy sound of guys like Neil Young and Dwight Yaokum but those are really only attractive in the context of the rest of what is going on in the music. Guys like Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, and Jimi Hendryx I know are very skilled, but I get overwhelmed by boredom in hearing everything else that surrounds their playing. And I love Eric Clapton's playing, just because I love Eric Clapton :)

But for me, the ultimate guitar experience is SRV. I love the sound and the style, and I love how it makes me feel. All of it put together with his slurring vocals is pure steamy, sensuality for me. He's my greatest :smokin

silverblk mystix
12-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Absolutely. So underrated. I think because he is such a phenomenal musician and well-rounded performer people forget what a fantastic guitar player he is.

Check out this shit: Prince comes in @ 3:33

HoR6YQ1V8ks

I respect Prince as an all around musician but I think his Singing and his guitar playing are his weakest points. He can play but his playing is very basic and in my opinion nowhere near on the same level as an SRV or a Hendrix or most of the players mentioned in this thread.

I had seen this video awhile back and thought he was okay-but he basically played a pentatonic blues scale and his tone was nothing special-just a tele with a piercing distortion that I didn't think was that great.
What I thought ruined it for me though was his obvious showboating--because he seemed to be...separate from the rest of the band and of course him tossing the guitar and walking off without even acknowledging the band or audience just reeked of douchieness and prima donna-ness. If I was in that band I would feel kinda pissed that the little douche tried to make it all about himself.
If you ever watched someone like SRV play with other famous musicians-you could just see how humble SRV was and actually deferred to less talented people as a show of love and respect. SRV could have tried to cut heads and embarrass someone-but he always took the graceful route.

The only positive thing I can think of Prince's little act---if I really want to look at this in a positive light--and give Prince the benefit of the doubt is this;

You can argue that Prince was thinking of just putting on a star performance and giving no quarter and just having a star moment that would transcend the song to another level...but I don't really get that feeling from watching Prince walk off the stage by himself. The actual guitar playing was not that great to allow him to act like a guitar god.

ohmwrecker
12-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I respect Prince as an all around musician but I think his Singing and his guitar playing are his weakest points.

:rolleyes

I had seen this video awhile back and thought he was okay-but he basically played a pentatonic blues scale and his tone was nothing special-just a tele with a piercing distortion that I didn't think was that great.

:rolleyes:rolleyes

What I thought ruined it for me though was his obvious showboating--because he seemed to be...separate from the rest of the band and of course him tossing the guitar and walking off without even acknowledging the band or audience just reeked of douchieness and prima donna-ness. If I was in that band I would feel kinda pissed that the little douche tried to make it all about himself.
If you ever watched someone like SRV play with other famous musicians-you could just see how humble SRV was and actually deferred to less talented people as a show of love and respect. SRV could have tried to cut heads and embarrass someone-but he always took the graceful route.

Like the rest of the band didn't know what he was going to do . . . they all looked like they were digging the show to me. Prince is a showman. That's what he does. Hendrix was a good enough guitar player to just let his playing speak for itself, but he put on a show too.
Don't kid yourself about SRV either. He had an ego and could hot dog and showboat with the best of 'em. I saw him do it.

ohmwrecker
12-03-2010, 07:12 PM
If this doesn't move you . . . you might be dead.
PgxbCnqCyKA

silverblk mystix
12-03-2010, 07:26 PM
If this doesn't move you . . . you might be dead.
PgxbCnqCyKA

Good one. Another severely underrated guitar player. Richard Thompson is a monster that not too many people know about.

leemajors
12-03-2010, 07:52 PM
SRV was amazing.

I think the bulk of the people posting in this thread really have no idea who Brian Carroll or Buckethead really is. I think they associate the guy with heavy metal or death thrash blah blah so on and so forth.

Most of the people listed in this thread are extremely gifted in their genre or at best a few genres. Whereas Brian Carroll embodies diversity and range. He does it all. There is simply no one out there as talented as he is if you look at the full scope of his accomplished body of work.

Rock, Metal, Bluegrass, Electronica, Blues, Pop, R&B and so on. He's not just dabbled in all avenues of guitar he's masterfully performed across the board.

I bet we could put on over half his albums or albums where he's featured and very few in this thread would even recognize nor believe its his work. He just doesn't get the credit he deserves.

I would agree, but even he worshiped the ground Shawn Lane walked on - you can hear his heavy influence in his music. Paul Gilbert taught Carroll to play as well.

DVVyi-DuwMQ

YLEuZXCrgpQ

And Gilbert calls him terrifying:

7Hux7r7FlXk

cornbread
12-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry, can't say I know or have ever heard of Ruben V.

Ruben V is a San Antonio guy who's been doing his thing since the mid-90's or so. Back then he was very "Texas blues" but his style and songwriting evolves constantly. That's the reason why 15 years later you still see a lot of the same faces along with new ones at his shows.

As guitar player and lover, you should make it a point to see one of his gigs next you're in SA. His live shows are everything you would want from a top-notch blues picker. And he's a phenomenal singer!

Check out his Web site. He's got some free MP3 for download.
http://www.rubenv.com/bio.html

silverblk mystix
12-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Ruben V is a San Antonio guy who's been doing his thing since the mid-90's or so. Back then he was very "Texas blues" but his style and songwriting evolves constantly. That's the reason why 15 years later you still see a lot of the same faces along with new ones at his shows.

As guitar player and lover, you should make it a point to see one of his gigs next you're in SA. His live shows are everything you would want from a top-notch blues picker. And he's a phenomenal singer!

Check out his Web site. He's got some free MP3 for download.
http://www.rubenv.com/bio.html

Thanks. I checked out a couple of tunes. Not bad at all. :toast

silverblk mystix
12-04-2010, 06:11 PM
So really what your saying is the telephone and typewriter where the best inventions to come around leaving no room for the iPhone later?

Frank Marino took Jimmy and turned a beeper into a cell phone.

lmcBc-GjeDY

Its been nice having this chat fellas but at the end of the day I see no solo here that is better than the solo from Rock bottom. sorry that's life in the Guitar world I guess.

VnnQFLoCbWw

Mouse & others....

I just re-listened to this whole thread....because I had time today...

some thoughts;

Some really great stuff...that Shawn Lane? guy...he is a monster...probably faster than most...but maybe too much speed -too many runs-instead of just feeling-he depends on speed too much...but boy what a monster guitar player..

A lot of great stuff...and we didn't even post any Knopfler, Gilmore, among others...

but sorry,
Rock Bottom has been dethroned....

after re-listening..I even had to change my all time fave after this....voodoo chile is not the best...

it is

Machine Gun...(and I had heard this many,many times...but I really,really listened to it all-and wow...)

Machine Gun is 10 times the solo than rock bottom is....Schenker & Co. actually had me a bit bored when I re-listened....

Sorry, Mouse....you need to reconsider with an open mind...

Listen to Machine Gun....listen to Jimi wailing with feeling, soul, power, mastery, fluidity, grace, otherworldliness. Listen to the meaning of the song about soldiers being torn to pieces...listen as the solo goes from a fiery blues runs to incendiary rocket noises!!!!, bombs bursting!!!!... rocket launchers!!!!...

from a goddammnn guitar....

Champion: Machine Gun

Be honest mouse and change your sig!

leemajors
12-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Some really great stuff...that Shawn Lane? guy...he is a monster...probably faster than most...but maybe too much speed -too many runs-instead of just feeling-he depends on speed too much...but boy what a monster guitar player..

Later in his life he got deep into Indian and Middle Eastern music, mainly due to his friendship with Jonas Hellborg, who is one of the best bassists out there:

QYB2H4-9fsw

mojorizen7
12-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Machine Gun...(and I had heard this many,many times...but I really,really listened to it all-and wow...)

Machine Gun is 10 times the solo than rock bottom is....Schenker & Co. actually had me a bit bored when I re-listened....

Listen to Machine Gun....listen to Jimi wailing with feeling, soul, power, mastery, fluidity, grace, otherworldliness. Listen to the meaning of the song about soldiers being torn to pieces...listen as the solo goes from a fiery blues runs to incendiary rocket noises!!!!, bombs bursting!!!!... rocket launchers!!!!...

from a goddammnn guitar....

Champion: Machine Gun
Be honest mouse and change your sig!

:toast

Just sic. :hat Like i mentioned in my post....i CANNOT IMAGINE what it would have been like to witness a performance like that....live and in person....
in 19fucking70.

My favorite moment is the first note of the lead that just hangs there....forever, then just when you think he's going to let you off the hook....same note again.....and it hangs forever....again.

Yeah,(and like u mentioned)he breaks out with what sounds to me like air-raid sirens in the middle section.
Later as it slows down and the eerie backing vocals from Buddy Miles start, Jimi tries to match the vocal tone with the feedback.....fucking wild.

:blah Sorry man,i get all geeked up when trying to describe that performance.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-04-2010, 06:34 PM
they have this guitarist named stevie ray

silverblk mystix
12-04-2010, 06:43 PM
they have this guitarist named stevie ray

yeah...SRV was great...but he tried to emulate Jimi...that is no secret...

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Don't challenge my knowledge of blues guitar players, sir.I really don't recall where I challenge you at anything, but if I did it definitely was a false alarm.
I thought King was an appropriate reference due to the similarities in playing style and tone. Well, yeah. The way you stated it, I assumed you were saying that SRV wasn't ever so slightly influenced by any other guitar player.
Stevie Ray would have been the first to admit the influence. Yes, I know. That's the reason for that famous session.

Don't you Pfffffffff me . . . I think you put one too many "f"s......
SRV played cleaner than Jimi. I'm very aware of that.
I wouldn't say better.Well, see, that's why my initial post was
Depends.sure it depends on whatever criteria you're putting them against. each one can "beat" the other one on certain levels of playing.
It's a matter of taste, I suppose, butYes, it is a matter of taste.
but Jimi was an innovator. That's something I can't base my opinion on simply because of birthdate. Some musicians just get better at a different rate than other musicians.
His style transcended any perceived lack of technical skill because he developed his own technique that no one has ever really exceeded.I don't know. Like I said, it depends.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2010, 07:19 PM
DVVyi-DuwMQ

Out of everyone listed in here, I'd say this dude is the best. Almost every guitar buddy I have says this dude is one of the best that's ever lived. No, I didn't base my opinion strictly by what my guitar buddies think.

The Reckoning
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
yeah right shawn lane reminds me of mookie when he picks up my 50 dollar accoustic and tries to play it as fast as he can although he doesnt know a single chord.

mojorizen7
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I've never been a big fan of the speed guys as much.
The only guitarist i really ever dug into that could shred with speed was Eric Johnson.....probably because of his melodic phrasing and tone. He also was very versatile,and because of that he sort of dissappeared from the mainstream quite awhile ago.

For me it's always been pretty much these 4 guys:
Hendrix
Gilmour
E. Johnson
The Edge

and Alex Lifeson.

The Reckoning
12-04-2010, 07:49 PM
and we all know michael j fox is the greatest

d4Cr7kxjSBs

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2010, 07:52 PM

d4Cr7kxjSBs

wurd

ohmwrecker
12-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Out of everyone listed in here, I'd say this dude is the best. Almost every guitar buddy I have says this dude is one of the best that's ever lived. No, I didn't base my opinion strictly by what my guitar buddies think.

He is obviously very talented and labeling a guy as "the best" is very subjective, but personally, I don't dig guys that play billions of notes as fast as they can. It's music, not a race. I much prefer guys who play with soul and style over speedy, technical wizards. It's not really about the number of notes and how fast you can play them, but the notes you don't play and the tension and dynamics of the space between the notes.

silverblk mystix
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
He is obviously very talented and labeling a guy as "the best" is very subjective, but personally, I don't dig guys that play billions of notes as fast as they can. It's music, not a race. I much prefer guys who play with soul and style over speedy, technical wizards. It's not really about the number of notes and how fast you can play them, but the notes you don't play and the tension and dynamics of the space between the notes.

Well said. :toast

I am NOT taking anything away from Shawn Lane and players that play that style...but if I can add something to the above statement...it is;

It actually takes a lot of restraint and maturity to...S-L-O-W- D-O-W-N...

I know it takes years of woodshedding and discipline to achieve that speed and mastery...but when you start getting mature and comfortable in your own skin...you don't feel the need to make every run..every triplet...every scale backwards and forwards...

You begin to let the notes...breathe...the space in between is sometimes more powerful than filling up every possible space...

Just listen to a David Gilmore and see how mature his playing is...every note...is meaningful and toneful and he rarely shows off or plays a bunch of runs in a row just to fill up space.

Jimi encompassed almost everything that makes great guitar playing...and if you switch the topic to RHYTHM playing...oh my god...just try to tell me that Jimi was NOT a monster and master rhythm player also.

mojorizen7
12-04-2010, 08:43 PM

+1
Agree wholeheartedly.
OT: The same can be said of films too IMO.....in terms of scoring an original soundtrack etc...and where to place it within the framework of the film itself.
"The Dark Knight" is an example of this. Zero tension and very little impact because the music never stops.

red strike 07
12-04-2010, 11:11 PM
yo guys, good thread..I'll let yall finish but Matt Bellamy of Muse is the best guitarist right now out there period

2zgmlGDTOKA

http://erato1.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/matt-bellamy-total-guitar.jpg

mouse
12-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Mouse

sorry,
Rock Bottom has been dethroned....

Machine Gun is 10 times the solo than rock bottom is.....

Listen to Machine Gun....listen to Jimi wailing ...listen as the solo goes from a fiery blues runs to incendiary rocket noises!!!!, bombs bursting!!!!... rocket launchers!!!!...

ok brah put down the redbull and remember this is about talent not sound effects.

from a goddammnn guitar....!

Pssssst! it's called a foot pedal, those are sound effects and Jimmy had many. with the right foot pedals I can have the space shuttle fly out my ass if I want.

Rock bottom had none. I used to not only play guitar but have seen over 100 rock bands from 1977 to 1989 so when I say rock bottom is the most unique and hard to play solo ever you can take that shit to the bank esse.

go to the 5:50 mark on the video.

VnnQFLoCbWw

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 12:01 AM
ok brah put down the redbull and remember this is about talent not sound effects.

Pssssst! it's called a foot pedal, those are sound effects and Jimmy had many. with the right foot pedals I can have the space shuttle fly out my ass if I want.

Rock bottom had none. I used to not only play guitar but have seen over 100 rock bands from 1977 to 1989 so when I say rock bottom is the most unique and hard to play solo ever you can take that shit to the bank esse.

go to the 5:50 mark on the video.

VnnQFLoCbWw

Remember, Jimi was doing this in the 60's...there were not too many effects compared to the computerized stuff we have today...

I guess you really think that Shenker was in the same league as Jimi...

Can't agree, sorry...

I did see that UFO video and the solo is not that hard to play...it is an average performance too...

Well anyway, for YOU...it is still the best solo...but I don't share your enthusiasm for that solo...

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Pssssst! red strike 07 just because your #1 on a magazine or book cover doesn't mean its so ......

Sincerly: Enron CEO Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling

http://sellingpower.typepad.com/.a/6a011571fbc6ed970b01310f1e227d970c-pi
http://www.businessweek.com/2001/01_07/art07/07covdt.jpg

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Remember, Jimi was doing this in the 60's...there were not too many effects

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5004274_history-guitar-effects-pedals.html

Guitar effects began to be manufactured in the 1960s and went on to define a generation of music.

http://i.ehow.com/images/a04/om/vi/history-guitar-effects-pedals-200X200.jpg
Read more: History of Guitar Effects Pedals | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5004274_history-guitar-effects-pedals.html#ixzz17D8rNpiL

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5004274_history-guitar-effects-pedals.html

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:16 AM
1969 stage hand setting up for Jimi Hendrix show.

http://www.ehow.com/images/a04/i6/86/hook-up-guitar-pedal-amplifier-800X800.jpg

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Can't agree, sorry...

Given your guitar solo expertise you have demonstrated thus far you must also feel the McRib sandwich is the best BAR B Q ever made?

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:20 AM
mouse why do you go out of your way sometimes to make people think you're stupid?

Unlike you I can't just rely on reputation or my screen name.

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:25 AM
:lmao screen name smack

srsly?

mouse you need to retire your troll skills are stuck at usenet level

Get back to me when you reached 5cc status.

http://www.rockpalace.com/gfx_productcode/65302/Dunlop-JH1-Jimi-Hendrix-Wah.jpg

Remember, Jimi was doing this in the 60's...there were not effects

Dunlop JH1 Jimi Hendrix Wah
The Hendrix Series Wah is an original 60's design with modified circuitry to provide for a more open (or fatter) sound by lowering the frequency of the operating range.

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:38 AM
http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/DigiTechJimiHendrixControls.jpg

http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/DigiTechJimiHendrixBig.jpg

http://www.drumza.com/images/IKMultimediaAmpliTubeHendrixStudioSoftwareUSBAudio InterfacePackageStandard.jpg

http://plugindiscounts.com/website_files/company_brands/ikmultimedia/ikm_jimi_big.jpg

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/85514928.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5485D763B5C10AE7C9A EADFE463B6EC83F33B92C7E84C95324B

Jimi ans his pedals

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/j/jimi-hendrix/album-live-at-the-fillmore-east.jpg

Michael Schenker w/o any
http://www.michaelschenkerhimself.com/images/ms_2010_2.jpg

/thread

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Get back to me when you reached 5cc status.

http://www.rockpalace.com/gfx_productcode/65302/Dunlop-JH1-Jimi-Hendrix-Wah.jpg

Dunlop JH1 Jimi Hendrix Wah
The Hendrix Series Wah is an original 60's design with modified circuitry to provide for a more open (or fatter) sound by lowering the frequency of the operating range.

Mouse, don't edit my posts to say something different than what I said...

I said that Jimi played in the 60's and there were NOT TOO MANY EFFECTS COMPARED TO THE COMPUTER STUFF OF TODAY!

I know what a wah pedal is ...you can't compare using a wah to some other shit that other lesser skilled guitarists cover their weaknesses with...

The solo on Machine Gun was very appropriate because the song was about war and about soldiers getting ripped to shreds with a machine gun...when Jimi played that fantastic solo he was unrestrained in getting his point across...

Jimi was 100 times the guitarist that Shenker was/is and I don't hate Shenker..it is just a fact...

The solo on rock bottom may not even be Shenker's best as he had other solos that rivaled that one...but he still was nowhere near Jimi...

and ...I know enough about solos...no need for the insults..I have played my share and still do...but that means nothing when we are just having a friendly debate...no need to try and throw insults because we don't agree on something so trivial as a favorite guitar solo...

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Mouse,

Did you ever hear Jimi play acoustic?

Seems like he was pretty amazing with an acoustic guitar-funny ...no effects.

If you wanna discredit Jimi for using effects...let's talk about pickups...

Why did Shenker feel the need to use humbuckers?

Jimi got all that sound and tone from single coils...why did shenker use humbuckers...maybe cause he needed that extra distortion and sustain-which Jimi got with single coils?

and those effects that you just posted were recently released...this is somebody's version of what jimi used...but Jimi didn't have all this technology...

The effects he had available at the time were pretty much;
Wah pedal
Vibe pedal
echoplex

that is probably it. Does this make him less talented because he knew how to coax sounds out of the tools he had?

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:49 AM
I said that Jimi played in the 60's and there were NOT TOO MANY EFFECTS.I know enough about solos...no need for the insults..no need to try and throw insults because we don't agree on something so trivial as a favorite guitar solo...

http://www.ultimategoatfansite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/goat-on-bicycle-03.jpg

mouse
12-05-2010, 12:50 AM
it's not the number of cc's that determines the quality of the poster
'

Get back to me when you have reached elpimpo4cc
status.

Bipolar Bob
12-05-2010, 01:00 AM
mouse why do you go out of your way sometimes to make people think you're stupid?

He doesn't go out of his way.

mouse
12-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Why did Shenker feel the need to use humbuckers?
Jimi got all that sound and tone from single coils...why did shenker use humbuckers...maybe cause he needed that extra distortion and sustain-which Jimi got with single coils?
?

You actually think the pickups are what produce distortion?

mouse
12-05-2010, 01:10 AM
If you really want to get technical about this debate....Jimi Hendix was the one who had the advantage over Shenker, after all he was able to slide his fingers up and down the neck of the guitar with no friction due to all the Popeye's chicken he ate before each show.

ididnotnothat
12-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Two of my favorites.

ufn7HxRKSBs&

leemajors
12-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Well said. :toast

I am NOT taking anything away from Shawn Lane and players that play that style...but if I can add something to the above statement...it is;

It actually takes a lot of restraint and maturity to...S-L-O-W- D-O-W-N...

I know it takes years of woodshedding and discipline to achieve that speed and mastery...but when you start getting mature and comfortable in your own skin...you don't feel the need to make every run..every triplet...every scale backwards and forwards...

You begin to let the notes...breathe...the space in between is sometimes more powerful than filling up every possible space...

Just listen to a David Gilmore and see how mature his playing is...every note...is meaningful and toneful and he rarely shows off or plays a bunch of runs in a row just to fill up space.

Jimi encompassed almost everything that makes great guitar playing...and if you switch the topic to RHYTHM playing...oh my god...just try to tell me that Jimi was NOT a monster and master rhythm player also.

And sometimes they get bored with letting the notes breathe, too. There isn't a whole lot of Lane out there, but he could play any style amazingly well. I suppose Ornette Coleman and Coltrane couldn't really hack it playing standards so they had to go avant garde...

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 09:49 AM
You actually think the pickups are what produce distortion?

Humbuckers make an amplifier distort faster...depending on the amp and the volume.

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 09:52 AM
If you really want to get technical about this debate....Jimi Hendix was the one who had the advantage over Shenker, after all he was able to slide his fingers up and down the neck of the guitar with no friction due to all the Popeye's chicken he ate before each show.

That is not technical-it is racist.

I hope you didn't expect some kind of retort focusing on Shenker's german heritage.

If it was an attempt at comedy, sorry....

you fail.

mouse
12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Humbuckers make an amplifier distort faster...depending on the amp and the volume.

The speed of sound does not slow down or speed up from what type of pickups you have. And even if it did (humoring you) it would be so small and minute of a difference only a dog or scientist at NASA would have the ability to gauge it.
you better stick to just posting youtube videos dude. :lmao

Also distortion is an effect that can be used "after" the guitar pickup sends the sound to the amp or through a foot pedal. some amps have distortion built in but it still needs sound first (hence the word pickup) before it can distort it.

Don't get your purple haze panties all waded up over all this, learn from it and be a better person. :toast

mouse
12-05-2010, 01:29 PM
That is not technical-it is racist.

I hope you didn't expect some kind of retort focusing on Shenker's german heritage.

Its a known fact eating fried chicken before you play the guitar allows your fingers to glide easily up and down the neck of the guitar. no one but yourself brought up the fact Shenker is German but yourself so who is the racist here?

And what does being a German have to do with Popeye's chicken?

If it was an attempt at comedy, sorry....

That is for others to decide and why are you going off topic this is about Guitar solos not comedy,race,or the speed of sound debates.

you fail.

I thought this topic was about "SRV.........best guitartist ever"
why would I have to not fail at anything?
If anything you fail at How to enter a debate topic about if SRV is the best guitarist ever and not get butt-hurt because your ace in the hole Jimi fried chicken Hendrix got schooled by Michale Shenker.

add to that your failed attempt to demonstrate how fast sound travels.
:lmao

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 01:45 PM
The speed of sound does not slow down or speed up from what type of pickups you have. And even if it did (humoring you) it would be so small and minute of a difference only a dog or scientist at NASA would have the ability to gauge it.
you better stick to just posting youtube videos dude. :lmao

Also distortion is an effect that can be used "after" the guitar pickup sends the sound to the amp or through a foot pedal. some amps have distortion built in but it still needs sound first (hence the word pickup) before it can distort it.

Don't get your purple haze panties all waded up over all this, learn from it and be a better person. :toast

You are seriously misinformed.
Do some research on electric guitar pickups BEFORE you try to claim some superiority on this issue.

You can see for your self anytime if you had an amp and a guitar with both types of pickups.

I can set my amp to its cleanest settings and play a strat with only single coils and the amp will not begin to distort til the amp volume is on 6 or 7 or 8 and the guitars volume on 10.

I can do the same test on a guitar with humbuckers and the amp will begin to distort at 3 and up.

This is fact. Do some research.

It still really does not have that much to do when comparing Shenker to Hendrix.

If you REALLY believe Michael Shenker was anywhere near the same league as Jimi Hendrix then you have just told this whole thread and its contributors exactly how knowledgeable you really are.

Cheers.

mouse
12-05-2010, 02:09 PM
You are seriously misinformed.
Do some research on electric guitar pickups BEFORE you try to claim some superiority on this issue.
Can we save all the research for the NASA and science topics?

I can set my amp to its cleanest settings and play a strat with only single coils and the amp will not begin to "distort" til the amp volume is on 6 or 7 or 8 and the guitars volume on 10.

I can do the same test on a guitar with humbuckers and the amp will begin to "distort" at 3 and up.

I can see you have "distort" and "distortion" confused.

Distort is when someone like you takes a topic about SRV and uses it to try and show everyone your lack of knowledge about sound and long Google'd research on how Guitars really work.

Distortion is an effect that is created, it's not from turning up your sound of your amp, if that was the case no one would need to buy "Distorion" foot pedals.

Distortion (music)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Distortion, similar to overdrive or fuzz, is an effect applied to the electric guitar, the electric bass, and other amplified instruments such as the Hammond organ, synthesizers, and even harmonica and vocals. Accomplished by electronically compressing and/or clipping the input signal, this effect adds sustain and additional harmonics and overtones to the signal, creating a richer sound. The most subtle types of distortion add a "warm" thickness to the original tone; the more extreme types of distortion range from the noisy, buzzy sound of a late 1960s-era fuzztone pedal to the screaming, "bite", "grit", and "crunch" of a late 1980s thrash-style distortion pedal. Distortion is used across a wide range of musical genres, from the subtle overdrive used in traditional blues to the hard-edged distortion featured in noise music, hardcore punk, industrial, grunge, and metal.

Early examples of distortion were often the result of accidents in which the guitar amplifier or its vacuum valves was damaged, or because the speakers were "doctored" by poking holes into their speaker cones. One notable example was Link Wray, who dislodged a tube by accident, and then took to doing so as a habit to get a noisy, dirty sound for his solos. Observing this trend, Leo Fender of the Fender amplifier company designed valve guitar amps that would "overdrive" slightly.[citation needed] In the 1960s, fuzzbox effect pedals were popularized by guitarists such as Jimi Hendrix and George Harrison.

Distortion can be produced by many components of an instrument's signal path, including effects pedals, the pre-amplifier, power amplifier, speakers, or more recently, digital amplifier modelling devices and software. Many players use a combination of these to obtain their "signature" tone.

This is fact. Do some research.

Me doing anymore research on guitars is like you doing research in tossing salads, face it... we are both good at what we do already.

It still really does not have that much to do when comparing Shenker to Hendrix.

If you knew that already we would not be discussing this matter any further.
Just pick up whats left of your shattered ass try and glue it back together and lets move on...

I get tired of being accused of hijacking topics when in fact its the other posters who are on this mouse hunt fetish. I merely reply back out of respect.

If you REALLY believe Michael Shenker was anywhere near the same league as Jimi Hendrix then you have just told this whole thread and its contributors exactly how knowledgeable you really are.

Cheers.

Thank you!

ohmwrecker
12-05-2010, 03:01 PM
1969 stage hand setting up for Jimi Hendrix show.

http://www.ehow.com/images/a04/i6/86/hook-up-guitar-pedal-amplifier-800X800.jpg

::cough::Bullshit!::cough::

Mouse, if he is serious, is completely full of shit. Jimi Hendrix used a Boss TU-2 chromatic tuner in his rig?! Please . . . Boss didn't even start making pedals until 1976. Jimi used effects for sure, but you've got to be an idiot to believe a) that Hendrix "needed" effects to be a good guitar player, or that b) Michael Schenker does not use effects . . . gtfo.

Hendrix used a wah wah, octavia, uni-vibe, fuzz-face and Leslie rotary speakers. That's it. And not only does that not diminish anything he accomplished, but it makes him a pioneer of not only the electric guitar, but using effects to create soundscapes that no one had heard before.

Lol using random pictures of guitar effects that didn't even exist when Hendrix was playing to make a stupid point about Michael Wanker.

You shit the bed on this one, Mouse.

mouse
12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
::cough::::cough::.

sounds you make after taking the bait.

http://piloseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/baiting-seos.jpg

mouse
12-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Hendrix used a wah wah, octavia, uni-vibe, fuzz-face and Leslie rotary

It that all? :lmao

Pssssst! you left out a few look in the picture.

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/j/jimi-hendrix/album-live-at-the-fillmore-east.jpg

So tonight you sleep on the sofa?

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 03:47 PM
::cough::Bullshit!::cough::

Mouse, if he is serious, is completely full of shit. Jimi Hendrix used a Boss TU-2 chromatic tuner in his rig?! Please . . . Boss didn't even start making pedals until 1976. Jimi used effects for sure, but you've got to be an idiot to believe a) that Hendrix "needed" effects to be a good guitar player, or that b) Michael Schenker does not use effects . . . gtfo.

Hendrix used a wah wah, octavia, uni-vibe, fuzz-face and Leslie rotary speakers. That's it. And not only does that not diminish anything he accomplished, but it makes him a pioneer of not only the electric guitar, but using effects to create soundscapes that no one had heard before.

Lol using random pictures of guitar effects that didn't even exist when Hendrix was playing to make a stupid point about Michael Wanker.

+1 million

Go wash your ass, mouse-you shat all over your cardboard box bed.

This was actually an opportunity for you to elevate your sig from shenker to hendrix-and if you had an open mind your sig would have been harder to beat in the future.

Later daze, ESSE! :lmao:lmao:lmao

4>0rings
12-05-2010, 04:41 PM
well...a little curve ball...here...

a ukelele jam...this guy jams on a freakin ukelele...

puSkP3uym5k
If you haven't watched this video watch it. He's considered the best ukulele player in the world.

mouse
12-05-2010, 05:07 PM
the best ukulele player in the world.
Are we allowed to disagree?

skU-jBFzXl0

mouse
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
+1 million

Go wash your ass, mouse-

And then you will sleep over?

Later daze, ESSE! :lmao:lmao:lmao

What is really funny is how you didn't catch the photo your salad tossing pal ohomowrecker did.

4>0rings
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Are we allowed to disagree?

skU-jBFzXl0
You can, but you'd be wrong.

mouse
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
You can, but you'd be wrong.
At least you didn't tell me to wash my ass, that dude and his ass fetish creeps me out.

ok all BS aside top this solo.

1:55 MARK

G9RaV40mMDA

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 05:41 PM
At least you didn't tell me to wash my ass, that dude and his ass fetish creeps me out.

ok all BS aside top this solo.

1:55 MARK

G9RaV40mMDA

Not too bad, but I actually like the recorded version that was on that song-I believe it was also vivian campbell.

There are so many great solos..some are great studio recordings, some come out spontaneously better when played live, some are improvs, some are constructed meticulously and then repeated live....

So many-

Impossible to pick the best.

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 05:48 PM
...but...I always thought this was a very well crafted and melodic solo with melody, fire, passion, and craft. (starting around the 2:40 mark)

wGSrv1GnXMM&feature=related

dirk4mvp
12-05-2010, 05:50 PM
mouse your taste in music is kinda questionable brah.

TheManFromAcme
12-06-2010, 07:04 AM
...but...I always thought this was a very well crafted and melodic solo with melody, fire, passion, and craft. (starting around the 2:40 mark)

wGSrv1GnXMM&feature=related

Ah yes, remember this one quite well. :toast

mouse
12-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Not too bad, but I actually like the recorded version that was on that song-I believe it was also vivian campbell.

I have to agree! The reason I have been posting the live versions is because everyone seems to have a video of each solo being played.

Also if I knew it wasn't vivian campbell I wouldn't have never had posted the video in the first place.... good heads up!

There are so many great solos..some are great studio recordings, some come out spontaneously better when played live, some are improvs, some are constructed meticulously and then repeated live....

So many-

Impossible to pick the best.

After this debate I have come to the same conclusions. I often bypass best of topics because what I love you may hate. But since the topic was about SRV I noticed I had an opportunity to post my Rock bottom video.

In reality Jimi Hedrix is above many guitar players for the mere fact he was "before" them. I was shocked you didn't pull out the seniority card.

After all who is to say michael schenker didn't listen to Jimi Hendrix when growing up and it may have influiced his style of playing and may have been the reason he even decided to play the electric guitar.

Many times I read where 80s bands talk about the music that influenced them growing up Jimi Hendrix is always on the list.

I myself have been known to defend the Beatles,CCR and Kraftwerk because they was around before many 80s bands were old enough to buy beer.
So the topic would have been better if it read "SRV.........best guitarist of the decade" because its not wise to try and compare 1960 with 1980 or 1990
each decade had its style and technology to produce music its not fare to compare Bob Dylan with Ozzy Osborne.

So long story short I will admit Jimi Hendrix is superior to Michael Schenker.
please accept my apology's.

good day gentlemen.

mouse
12-06-2010, 03:28 PM
mouse your taste in music is kinda questionable brah.

I like listening to music from the Latin Breed to Kraftwerk.
So in reality what you said is really the best compliment you can give a person who loves all kinds of music so therefore I thank you! :toast

ItEUIG09pYE

cornbread
12-06-2010, 03:43 PM

d4Cr7kxjSBs

Michael J's skills may have saved the space-time continuum but I don't think he has what it takes to save his own soul by outplaying the Devil's guitarist like Ralph Machio did.

6CAJtu2nHLw

mouse
12-06-2010, 04:07 PM
pff has the devil Ever beaten anyone in any musical contest?

xBXiXXhpJjQ

:lmao

mouse
12-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Michael J's skills may have saved the space-time continuum

Michael J is known to shake things up in the rock world.

cornbread
12-06-2010, 04:33 PM

Touche. The devil's chop are overrated by most.

mouse
12-06-2010, 05:01 PM

xBXiXXhpJjQ

cDm_ZHyYTrg

Q9tEdbwXxXw

obLxZZDm__8

can't wait to listen to these tonight after a few rolling rocks! :toast

silverblk mystix
12-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I have to agree! The reason I have been posting the live versions is because everyone seems to have a video of each solo being played.

Also if I knew it wasn't vivian campbell I wouldn't have never had posted the video in the first place.... good heads up!

After this debate I have come to the same conclusions. I often bypass best of topics because what I love you may hate. But since the topic was about SRV I noticed I had an opportunity to post my Rock bottom video.

In reality Jimi Hedrix is above many guitar players for the mere fact he was "before" them. I was shocked you didn't pull out the seniority card.

After all who is to say michael schenker didn't listen to Jimi Hendrix when growing up and it may have influiced his style of playing and may have been the reason he even decided to play the electric guitar.

Many times I read where 80s bands talk about the music that influenced them growing up Jimi Hendrix is always on the list.

I myself have been known to defend the Beatles,CCR and Kraftwerk because they was around before many 80s bands were old enough to buy beer.
So the topic would have been better if it read "SRV.........best guitarist of the decade" because its not wise to try and compare 1960 with 1980 or 1990
each decade had its style and technology to produce music its not fare to compare Bob Dylan with Ozzy Osborne.

So long story short I will admit Jimi Hendrix is superior to Michael Schenker.
please accept my apology's.

good day gentlemen.

:toast:toast:toast

Enjoyable thread-for a change.

mouse
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
:toast:toast:toast

Enjoyable thread-for a change.

It was your ukulele youtube link that showed me the light.

Pick of Destiny
12-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Where is the great Billy Gibbons? The man jams with grit and soul.

lebomb
12-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Ok.............I have to admit..............Stanley Jordan is pretty bad mufawkin axe. SRV with one guitar........Stanley with two.

/thread again. :hat

silverblk mystix
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Maybe a couple other underrated solos here...

Thin Lizzy-Cowboy Song...solo #1 @2:23....solo #2 @ 4:10

HK_TXfKfyag

Queen...Dragon Attack...solo @2:00

oVUrg7Hzjo0

Knopfler...Sultans of Swing...solo @ 4:55 until the glorious ending...tasty!

HKovMuzox3Y&feature=related

Trower-Too Rolling Stoned...solo @ 3:50 until the cows come home...jam!

HBoq8aoWB4E

mouse
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
After a few rolling rocks I noticed on the 06:00 mark on this video I may have spoken to soon.

VnnQFLoCbWw

silverblk mystix
12-06-2010, 10:16 PM
After a few rolling rocks I noticed on the 06:00 mark on this video I may have spoken to soon.

VnnQFLoCbWw

I'd say it is time for some new beer...

maybe a Shiner Hefeweizen?

silverblk mystix
12-06-2010, 10:17 PM
and listen to the Trower posted above-from the 3:50 mark...

mouse
12-06-2010, 10:25 PM
!

HBoq8aoWB4E

That is o school esse.

but I like there...
x0d1HilfLxA

mouse
12-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I'd say it is time for some new beer...

maybe a Shiner Hefeweizen?

Dude I live in a trailer........I am just happy to find a half a 40oz in the fridge.....

I don't drink beer because it taste good.... I drink beer to catch a wave.

drink at least 7 to 8 rolling rocks before you make an excuse not to hit the dance floor.

xv6oOxn1axw