PDA

View Full Version : the mavs

Phillip
12-02-2010, 06:21 PM
dem niggas playing some good ball :smokin

tdunk21
12-02-2010, 06:22 PM
its all gone in the playoffs, nothing new.....been that way for the past 10 seasons is it?

monosylab1k
12-02-2010, 06:23 PM
its all gone in the playoffs, nothing new.....been that way for the past 10 seasons is it?

hey, fuck you.

Phillip
but but but they finally got an inside presence, which is what spur fans always said they needed to be serious contenders

monosylab1k
but it's true I have a feeling they'll be great all season, maybe even win 60 games......then fail miserably in the 1st or 2nd round.

BlackSwordsMan
12-02-2010, 06:28 PM
''We finally play good ball'' banner will be erected at tonights game

DPG21920
They are obviously talented and have what I call the "logical roster". Meaning, on paper, they seem to be well balanced. But when you watch them, something doesn't pass the eye ball test.

They a very good though, but something is missing.

Phillip
this team has a much different feel than any team ever before. even the finals team that got robbed. the defense, emotion, and leadership on the court is greater than its ever been. hopefully they can keep it up. this could be a special team

Phillip
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
They are obviously talented and have what I call the "logical roster". Meaning, on paper, they seem to be well balanced. But when you watch them, something doesn't pass the eye ball test.

roddy b

or according to spurfans they probably need george hill who is 10000000000000000000000000000x better than roddy could ever imagine being

DPG21920
Sorry 'lip, ain't nothing special about that team. And thats the way its gonna be.

Let us proceed...

Spursmania
STFU Regular Season Champions.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
roddy b

or according to spurfans they probably need george hill who is 10000000000000000000000000000x better than roddy could ever imagine being

If he can come back healthy and smeplicate what he did last season, he definitely helps, but I personally don't think that is it. I watch every Mavs game pretty much and like I said, while they seem balanced, when you watch them something is missing.

I think it is the fact that they really lack overall talent. They have a bunch of guys with quasi skill sets that when it matters can be taken away quite easily.

They still have solid talent, but I definitely think they need another elite play maker in order to give them a serious shot.

crc21209
12-02-2010, 06:33 PM

What's missing is that "killer instinct." No one on that team has it, that core of Dirk, Terry, Kidd, and even Marion have proven to choke over and over again...

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Dirk has it and can deliver. Their defense is just ok, but has the ability to be solid at times. Their offense is what bothers me. They don't have a variety of guys and the ones they do have don't excel anywhere. They lack enough pure shooters and don't really have slashers. They have a bunch of mediocre mid-range players.

Sure, they can get hot from 3 and Dirk is good enough to carry them, but I think they will fail because while they have positional balance, they don't truly have balance with regards to skillset.

Shank
12-02-2010, 06:36 PM
What's missing is that "killer instinct." No one on that team has it, that core of Dirk, Terry, Kidd, and even Marion have proven to choke over and over again...

Ahahahahaha...please stop talking about my team.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Well I sure know more about them than det Jason guy...

Ace
12-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Rings = knowledge

http://www.mybillq.com/blog/images/themoreyouknow.jpg

RoddyBukkake
12-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I like how they are blowing out scrub teams @ home now and not keeping the game close and winning by 3. Something I don't remember seeing much of in the Dirk-Kidd era.

Lukor
12-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Dirk has it and can deliver. Their defense is just ok, but has the ability to be solid at times. Their offense is what bothers me. They don't have a variety of guys and the ones they do have don't excel anywhere. They lack enough pure shooters and don't really have slashers. They have a bunch of mediocre mid-range players.

Sure, they can get hot from 3 and Dirk is good enough to carry them, but I think they will fail because while they have positional balance, they don't truly have balance with regards to skillset.

Mavs are one athletic slasher away from being a top3 team in the league. Their defense is definitely improved this year, but as you said, the offense features too many jumpshooters right now. It's not rocket science.

MI21
12-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Jason Terry is what is wrong with the Mavericks.

If you could somehow turn him into a younger scorer with some size, the Mavs would have a bit of everything.

Even as it stands, they are probably top 3 in the West. Usual story, Lakers, Spurs and Mavs.

Pelicans78
12-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Mavs have great depth. They're only question will be perimeter scoring in the playoffs. They made a mistake not giving Beaubois minutes in the playoffs. If they get perimeter scoring, they can make a good run.

Roddy Beaubois
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Caron is playing better but really he is just making jumpers that will probably clank out in the playoffs. We still rely on Jet too much. Roddy is our hope.
The Mavs are a better team then last year, probably a second round exit. Maybe third.

Roddy Beaubois
12-02-2010, 07:41 PM

http://wallpaper.najoomi.com/wallpapers/2241/Vanilla-Ice-Cream-1680X1050-2241.jpg

21_Blessings
12-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Roddy is our hope.

Shame he has glass ankles.

Roddy Beaubois
12-02-2010, 07:42 PM
You mean feet tbh

Roddy Beaubois
12-02-2010, 07:43 PM

calm down please

dude1394
12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I think the mavs are quite a bit different this year. It's mainly Tyson Chandler and the defense however.

It has been a long time since someone other than the coach demands defense from the team. That it's a big is a great plus. IMO bigs anchor a team, the mavs have mainly had quiet and ineffective bigs. Dirk is effective but he's way too quiet, more introverted than most.

Tysons impact on the team while great on the court, imo has been greater in between their ears, he truly has become a leader on the team and he does it defensively.

Having someone on the team makes the opposing teams center actually pay attention to versus sit back and wait for dirk to get into the lane is going to be pretty big imo, and at playoff time.

It appears that Tyson will make the all-star game as well. If not for Yao and him actually being on the ballot, he might be starting. Only with little stevie nash has dirk played with another all-star player, jkiddo doesn't count, he's not an all-star anymore.

It's going to be a fun ride this year. I did not think that dampier would get us lebron/wade/etc....but after those two...this center is a pretty good get.

Pelicans78
12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
The reason they lost last season was their perimeter players were badly outplayed by the Spurs perimeter players. I think they made a mistake starting both Marion and Butler together. What they should have done was started either Terry or Beaubois at the SG spot. They need to do that now as well. They can go with a 3 guard rotation of Beaubois, Kidd, and Terry with each playing 30+ minutes a night. Let Butler and Marion share the SF minutes.

Pelicans78
12-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Chandler is a huge addition. Unlike that sack of shit Dampier, TC actually has hands and can shoot FTs. Plus, he's excellent in the pick n roll, offensively and defensively.

monosylab1k
12-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Shame he has glass ankles.

He didn't hurt his ankle you dumbfuck

21_Blessings
12-02-2010, 07:47 PM
The Mavs have the exact same problem they always had.

Tyson's play has been commendable and I liked the trade. But it is what it is.

monosylab1k
12-02-2010, 07:49 PM
The Mavs have the exact same problem they always had.

Tyson's play has been commendable and I liked the trade. But it is what it is.

:lmao explosions in the sky is the blink 182 of post rock

dude1394
12-02-2010, 07:49 PM
The reason they lost last season was their perimeter players were badly outplayed by the Spurs perimeter players. I think they made a mistake starting both Marion and Butler together. What they should have done was started either Terry or Beaubois at the SG spot. They need to do that now as well. They can go with a 3 guard rotation of Beaubois, Kidd, and Terry with each playing 30+ minutes a night. Let Butler and Marion share the SF minutes.

I agree and that is exactly what they are doing, except Caron will not EVER be played as a shooting guard. When caron/marion are in there together, it's shawn at the 4 and caron at the 3.

Deshawn is not starting at the 2...That will continue until/unless Roddy takes it. But Deshawn has been pretty good, I've always wanted a bowen type to bust it defensively but hit the corner 3. He's doing that and also distributing well also.

The other thing to watch is if caron goes into any kind of pout when shawn closes games out defensively. It happened twice with Durant and the spurs... Caron closed out against the heat mainly because he was hot...

Mav-elous Man
12-02-2010, 08:34 PM
IMO we have Dirk, who on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 9, and a bunch of 7's who on a good night can be 8's. Detroit won with that type of team, but they played some serious defense. Maybe the Mavs can replicate that but they need to continue to improve on the defensive end. And Roddy can be a difference maker but all of this time he is missing worries me a little. He needs the experience. Don't expect him to come in and immediately be what he was last year. As far as the Spurs go... they won't be winning anything this year. All offense, average defense, and an aging Tim Duncan won't cut it in the playoffs.

sefant77
12-02-2010, 08:58 PM
0 rings bitches!

frodo
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
but it's true I have a feeling they'll be great all season, maybe even win 60 games......then fail miserably in the 1st or 2nd round.

tyson will make a difference for mavs this season though. Mavs have dispatched the title of being "soft" imho.

Phillip
12-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Their defense is just ok, but has the ability to be solid at times.

3rd in PPG allowed
2nd in FG%
least games allowing 100 points
most allowed is 103 points (lowest in NBA)

doing this while having had the 4th toughest schedule in the NBA so far

fucking fail

FkLA
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM
mavs just winning the regular season games theyre supposed to win

gonna make 50+ in 11 straight yrs :toast

Blake
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Spurfan has won 4 rings, therefore they know more about the Mavericks than Mavericks fans. Have you not learned anything here?

this

:tu

btw, what did do you do to get the $500 vbookie bucks?

frodo
12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
3rd in PPG allowed
2nd in FG%

fucking fail
shouldn't have let lottery teams (e.g. Rockets) score that much though. their defense depends pretty much on the opponents imho. their D looks really good when the opponents offense is sharp whereas it just looks average defense against scrubs. it looks to me they always struggle to concentrate on D when fighting the weak (like the Rockets) and will often pay for their imprudence as a result. Mavs hold the best records against top teams imo, which however was negated by the shitload of bullshit loses to scrub teams.

ezau
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
The Mavs look scary good right now. The West will be fought by two teams only: Spurs and Mavs.

Shank
12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Frodo -what the fuck did you just write?

ImDaNuts
12-02-2010, 10:37 PM
OKC/Spurs West Final. Mavs aint doing shit.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:15 PM
3rd in PPG allowed
2nd in FG%

fucking fail

Watch the games girl. I said they are a good defensive team, but you really think they are great? You think they are an elite defensive team?

I clearly said the offense is the problem.

Even then, it is nitpicking because they are a top team.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:20 PM
lol not posting the rest of my sentence.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
What about solid? Cause that is what I said. K, thanks.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
What about saying their offense is worrisome and not their d? K, thanks.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
If something is Ok to Solid, it's good. It's not great, but good is exactly how you would describe it.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:26 PM
:lol Posting exactly what I said I said.

lol I know more about your team than you do. Per the usual.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:27 PM

you didn't say the defense was "good" or "solid" at first.

so what's your true opinion now that you've backtracked?

First comment on their defense. Clearly states it's ok to solid. K, thanks.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:28 PM
you didn't say "ok to solid" you said "Just okay" to "Solid at times" which would not be described as good.

:lmao what would you describe that range? Bad? K, thanks.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Nice try ghey boi.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:30 PM
just stop backtracking.

first they're just okay but solid at times. Then they're good and solid. Then they're ok and solid.

just stop backtracking.

first they're just okay but solid at times. Then they're good and solid. Then they're ok and solid.
just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:31 PM
just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

just stop backtracking.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Yer out and your staying out f*ck face.

Ghazi
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
we staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

frodo
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Watch the games girl. I said they are a good defensive team, but you really think they are great? You think they are an elite defensive team?

I clearly said the offense is the problem.

Even then, it is nitpicking because they are a top team.

less points allowed doesn't mean elite defense imho. mavs kept cringing to a lower tempo step by step since they got Kidd and they are about the slowest team now. good thing is Tyson is enough a presence in the paint which makes possible the lento half-court offense. however this strategy would hardly work well if the opposing center (like bynum, duncan etc...) preponderates tyson. duncan will turn another player when playoffs begin, and gobble up 20+10 averages.

DPG21920
12-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm going to need to hire a fighting coach if Steve keeps this up.

Roddy Beaubois
12-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Frodo -what the fuck did you just write?

Another Rogue classic

MavDynasty
12-03-2010, 12:02 AM
tbh it is obvious frodo is rogue but who the fuck is steve

BUMP
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM

Cuppycake Gumdrop tbh, imho, fwiw, imo, emo

Roddy Beaubois
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
stretch

Roddy Beaubois
12-03-2010, 12:07 AM
or not

frodo
12-03-2010, 12:12 AM

shoulda kept it a secret, findawg.

MavDynasty
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM
tbh it easy to spot with the broken english sorry bro :(

Fpoonsie
12-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Dallas is scary good this year...even w/o Roddy. I don't wanna see them again in the playoffs. Even if they win tha whole fuckin' thing, I'd prefer them not to haftoo go through us to get there. Bad for my nerves/digestion/Dallas area friendships/etc.

I've already got my Terry-esque "muthafuckas're just lucky dey din't hafta play us" line ready...

Asian Obsession
12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
who the fuck is steve

he's the zissou

Kick-Ass
12-03-2010, 09:18 AM
he's the zissou

And I'm Kick-Ass!

Phillip
12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
less points allowed doesn't mean elite defense imho. mavs kept cringing to a lower tempo step by step since they got Kidd and they are about the slowest team now. good thing is Tyson is enough a presence in the paint which makes possible the lento half-court offense. however this strategy would hardly work well if the opposing center (like bynum, duncan etc...) preponderates tyson. duncan will turn another player when playoffs begin, and gobble up 20+10 averages.

#2 in FG% you fucking moron

Phillip
12-03-2010, 09:30 AM
lol zissou taking the midget to the woodshed

eisfeld
12-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Adding Chandler definitely helped them a lot. With Butler playing better they might cause some damage. If one of their key players turns out to be a valid second option every night they'll be a great team.

Phillip
12-03-2010, 09:42 AM
for the record, so that certain dumbass spurfans will shut the hell up, I'm not saying they are a lock for anything. just that they are playing at the highest level they have played at since their 67 win season, only their defense is far superior to any defense they have ever had.

being capable of running such an effective zone defense is a tool that will really help against teams like Miami, Boston, Lakers, and Spurs. most zone defenses can be broken down by good ball movement and good outside shooting, but it seems that they have perfected their rotations so well, that its hard to even beat it with those things. then again, its still early, and could end up being figured out by seasons end. but if it hasnt, it will be a big key to their success in the post-season. its rare that a zone defense can be consistently ran effectively, but so far this year, the mavs have been able to do just that, which makes them a little tougher to beat.

they definitely could use another guy that can score, and likely Roddy B is just that guy. he is a very capable scorer by not only shooting, but penetration. The mavs have quite a few guys that can put up 10+ points on a near nightly basis and definitely explode for more, in Dirk, Terry, Butler, Barea, Marion, Chandler, Kidd, and Roddy, while still having some good "glue" guys on the floor in Stevenson, Cardinal, Haywood, along with Kidd, Marion, and Chandler being "glue" players as well. Lots of versatility, but having consistent scoring outside of Dirk is the #1 key for this teams playoff success at this point. Having Roddy (even if he doesnt put up 14+ ppg) may still be all they need, since they have so many guys who are capable of exploding on offense any given night.

Long season ahead, but they are off to a very nice start, better than I'm sure a lot of people expected.

Spursmania
12-03-2010, 09:53 AM
calm down please

:lol just screwing around.

Dirk is playing damn good. He's pretty much the only player you can count on down the stretch. You really do need one more guy. Hmmmm....

Brazil
12-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I think zissou is right in his argumentation with dpg tbh.

The mavs are playing great bb right now, Dirk is in mvp form and I like the Tyson addition. I really have some doubts regarding what Rodrigue will bring this year after his injury, it could be a rude wake up for him and the team. I'm not sure he is THAT good to be a significant + when he returns.

DPG21920
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Calm down stretch.

Phillip
12-03-2010, 01:00 PM
:cry im short and have a micropenis :cry :cry :cry

oligarchy
12-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I almost forgot about 8 or 9 months ago I almost did get into a fight at a gym though. Some dumbass that had like a 14 year old kid guarding him kept abusing him. So after a couple scores, I came and doubled him from his blind side, and ended up blocking him. He tried doing the same thing the next trip down, and I blocked him again. The third time he got wise and dribbled out, which at that point I told the kid to switch with me. The guy tried to drive past me but couldnt, and like a moron, he killed his dribble, so I crowded him. He was considerably shorter than me, although a lot more muscular, but he wasnt able to get a pass or shot off with me on him, so like a bitch, he elbowed me in the face, then shot the ball and it hit front iron and he got the offensive rebound. he tried to pass it but i tipped it, and as i went to grab the ball, he elbowed me again. I told him to cut that mess out, and he got in my face and pointed at me, and told me to watch myself. I told him to cool off and stop throwing elbows, and then he lost it and slapped me (who the hell slaps people these days? for fucks sake if you are going to start a physical altercation with me, fucking punch me like a man). As I went at him, he ran backwards and had two of his friends grab me to hold me back. Those were the only guys that did, because everyone else wanted me to go after the guy, even his own teammates, cuz they all knew what a bitch move it was for him to hit me, then run backwards like Carmello, and tell his friends to grab me. I was extremely pissed, but cooled off and just played basketball. He didn't score a single point after that, as I swatted his shit a few more times, and I hit the game winner in his face, and told him to suck my dick. He didn't do anything cuz he looked like a total bitch at that point, and he knew it too.

funnier than that, a friend of mine was talking to him about it later, saying he was a bitch for what he did. a couple days later, the guy saw my friend at the gym again, and asked if they were cool. my friend said "whats done is done, but you're still a bitch-made ho". the guy said "good im glad your cool now. wanna play on my team?"

lol what a puss

YoungB
12-03-2010, 01:39 PM
If something is Ok to Solid, it's good. It's not great, but good is exactly how you would describe it.

Lol arguing semantics. Their defense has been superb, one of the best in the league this year asshole.

Phillip
12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Lol arguing semantics. Their defense has been superb, one of the best in the league this year asshole.

dpg is no asshole. hes good people. just a midget.

frodo
12-03-2010, 01:52 PM
The mavs have quite a few guys that can put up 10+ points on a near nightly basis and definitely explode for more, in Dirk, Terry, Butler, Barea, Marion, Chandler, Kidd, and Roddy, while still having some good "glue" guys on the floor in Stevenson, Cardinal, Haywood, along with Kidd, Marion, and Chandler being "glue" players as well.

Dirk is only one who can create for himself, roddy might also be able to create for himself but hes unproven. Maybe the likes of Marion, Kidd, Chandler and Terry can score 10+ on any given night but its off shots created by someone else or points created off of fastbreaks. The midget is right their offense doesnt pass the eye test especially in the half court. The spacing is also bad because it relies on too many streak jump shooters who cant be relied on to consistently knock open shots down at critical times. His %s are good but kidd's shot is so fundamentally flawed and isnt something they can rely on. What made their 2006 and 2007 teams good was because of guys like Josh Howard, Devin Harris (before they fell in love with the jumpers they "developed") and jerry stackhouse before he got old who got enough high percentage shots at the rim to compliment the lack of shots dirk got at the rim.

Right now their defense is good not great (I don't know what the midget was trying to say about it just being OK), what's stopping it from being great is the lack of length and athleticism at shooting guard and small forward. They would be stupid not to trade for iggy, he'd be the perimeter creator they need on offense and the elite wing defender they need on defense. having terry and beaubois is kinda a redundancy, if they could trade Terry + draft pick + filler for iggy it would be perfect since butler would be better with a ball handler at the other wing but tbh Philly will want Butler's expiring in any Iggy deal. They're Iggy and a SG with good size who they can run set plays for where he comes off screens away from having a real shot against LA. As is stands tho Artest and Kobe would run train on their wings.

Phillip
12-03-2010, 03:16 PM
what's stopping it from being great is the lack of length and athleticism at shooting guard and small forward.

lol stevenson

lol marion

badfish22
12-03-2010, 03:18 PM
whats actually stopping it from being great (lol rogue) is our guard defense. When Kidd, JJ and Terry are your main guards I don't think you can be classified as an elite defensive team.

frodo
12-03-2010, 03:19 PM
lol acting like marion and stephenson are good

frodo
12-03-2010, 03:20 PM
whats actually stopping it from being great (lol rogue) is our guard defense. When Kidd, JJ and Terry are your main guards I don't think you can be classified as an elite defensive team.
guard defense or wing defense, lol semantics. generally having SGs and SFs with length and athleticism helps defend guards.

Shank
12-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Why do I get the feeling you only get your knowledge from box scores and online highlights?

YoungB
12-03-2010, 03:27 PM

Both have been solid defensively this year bro.

YoungB
12-03-2010, 03:28 PM

i believe he said lack of size at SG, which stands for shooting GUARD. Defense suffers with Terry, Barea, and soon to be Beaubois logging the majority of the minutes at SG. PG isn't really a problem because Kidd can slide over to the 2 on defense which he still defends pretty well.

frodo
12-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Why do I get the feeling you only get your knowledge from box scores and online highlights?
I get my knowledge from how Marion performs in the playoffs.

Shank
12-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I get my knowledge from how Marion performs in the playoffs.

But you feel inclined to comment on his performance thus far this season? What's the correlation?

Cessation
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
And I'm Kick-Ass!

You're a dumbass.

BUMP
12-03-2010, 04:11 PM
lol people arguing with rogue

frodo
12-03-2010, 06:33 PM
But you feel inclined to comment on his performance thus far this season? What's the correlation?
he might appear good right now but he'll choke again and be useless in may just like how dok told the pickle breath brothers he would a year ago and they scoffed him for it at the time then tried to claim he didnt choke in the playoffs after dok made them eat their pickle covered crow.

12-03-2010, 06:37 PM
i want to see the mavs play the lakers in a seven game series. that would be a great matchup. two aging point guards dueling, two prolific scorers attempting to carry their team, two wing defensive wing compliments, and two monster front lines battling for position.

frodo
12-03-2010, 08:41 PM
for the record, so that certain dumbass spurfans will shut the hell up, I'm not saying they are a lock for anything. just that they are playing at the highest level they have played at since their 67 win season, only their defense is far superior to any defense they have ever had.

for the record they are still a couple games behind spurs, and the record should have been better for them considering the significant improvements over previous seasons. it appears they are playing better D, conceding less points, which however doesn't mean any actual upgrade of defensive strategy imo. TC is 90%+ of the reason why they are playing good D this season, that they never played before. take TC off ur squad and your D would be poor as ever, and health has always been quite an issue for the fornicator.

being capable of running such an effective zone defense is a tool that will really help against teams like Miami, Boston, Lakers, and Spurs. most zone defenses can be broken down by good ball movement and good outside shooting, but it seems that they have perfected their rotations so well, that its hard to even beat it with those things. then again, its still early, and could end up being figured out by seasons end. but if it hasnt, it will be a big key to their success in the post-season. its rare that a zone defense can be consistently ran effectively, but so far this year, the mavs have been able to do just that, which makes them a little tougher to beat.

mavs should be the last name to call when discussing the teams with good zone defense imho. you have a defensive elite in the paint now so breaking inside is no longer an effective tactic to crumble mavs D, hence the opponents are forced to take bullshit shots from behind the arc and miss a shitload of them. stick to half-court-man-to-man defense and their D would look just as good, if not better. TC is the astute change that makes their D good, not the change of zone defense or whatever shit you prefer to believe in.

they definitely could use another guy that can score, and likely Roddy B is just that guy. he is a very capable scorer by not only shooting, but penetration. The mavs have quite a few guys that can put up 10+ points on a near nightly basis and definitely explode for more, in Dirk, Terry, Butler, Barea, Marion, Chandler, Kidd, and Roddy, while still having some good "glue" guys on the floor in Stevenson, Cardinal, Haywood, along with Kidd, Marion, and Chandler being "glue" players as well. Lots of versatility, but having consistent scoring outside of Dirk is the #1 key for this teams playoff success at this point. Having Roddy (even if he doesnt put up 14+ ppg) may still be all they need, since they have so many guys who are capable of exploding on offense any given night.

Long season ahead, but they are off to a very nice start, better than I'm sure a lot of people expected.

Roddy is the least consistent guy of all names u mentioned above tbh. it's just intricately retarded that some picklebreaths keep bashing the coach on their use (or misuse) of certain players as though they know the team better than coaches & managers know. though being a bit undersized, JJB is still one of the solidest performers for the mavs now but is always chosen as the scapegoat whenever the team underperforms, which is just pathetic.

Fpoonsie
12-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Talkin to a buddy of mine today. He does broadcasts for UNT and has a press pass that gets him into a surprising number of pro venues. We were shooting the usual shit, he asked me how I thought his Mavs looked, and I said they were still scary as all hell.

He then mentioned something frighteningly intriguing. First off, he said Caron's a douche to deal with...which was surprising, 'cause I've heard Caron interview on the Ticket and he seemed like a pretty chill guy, but whatever. He also said that Donny Nelson is prolly the coolest guy there...how Donny always gives him good shit to work with. APPARENTLY, there's rumblings of a move they're lookin into makin, but it's not for Iggy. He was certain about that. It's for Melo.

[insert dramatic ending music here]

Ghazi
12-05-2010, 02:13 AM
melo/dirk/kidd we staaaaaacked

badfish22
12-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Of course the Mavs are looking into getting Melo. They also were/are looking into getting CP3. Doesn't mean either have a chance at happening.

badfish22
12-05-2010, 02:17 AM
im going loko for them lokos

Fpoonsie
12-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Of course the Mavs are looking into getting Melo. They also were/are looking into getting CP3. Doesn't mean either have a chance at happening.

Yeah. I'll grantchoo it's not the juiciest fuckin' rumor, but he seemed to be rather excited about it, as if it had more legs than the usual "any team would be stupid NOT to" scenario. And he was pretty adamant about the Iggy thing being a dead-end.

Again, though, it's really nothin more than two guys "shit-shootin".

ElNono
12-05-2010, 02:19 AM
Who do you dump to get Melo though?

Fpoonsie
12-05-2010, 02:22 AM
We didn't get that far into it, and I'm terrible at trade hypotheticals, but I'm assuming something like Caron/Haywood/JJ/filler...?

Honestly, I have no idea. Never underestimate the "cash considerations" Cubes is willing to throw out either, though...

ElNono
12-05-2010, 02:22 AM
JJ stays... that's Rick's pet

badfish22
12-05-2010, 02:23 AM
Who do you dump to get Melo though?

probably a butler/roddy based package. I don't see it ever happening

ElNono
12-05-2010, 02:24 AM
probably a butler/roddy based package. I don't see it ever happening

If you get a shot at it, you gotta get it done.

badfish22
12-05-2010, 02:25 AM
obviously. I just don't see Denver trading him in conference.

Mav-elous Man
12-05-2010, 02:33 AM
for the record they are still a couple games behind spurs, and the record should have been better for them considering the significant improvements over previous seasons. it appears they are playing better D, conceding less points, which however doesn't mean any actual upgrade of defensive strategy imo. TC is 90%+ of the reason why they are playing good D this season, that they never played before. take TC off ur squad and your D would be poor as ever, and health has always been quite an issue for the fornicator.

mavs should be the last name to call when discussing the teams with good zone defense imho. you have a defensive elite in the paint now so breaking inside is no longer an effective tactic to crumble mavs D, hence the opponents are forced to take bullshit shots from behind the arc and miss a shitload of them. stick to half-court-man-to-man defense and their D would look just as good, if not better. TC is the astute change that makes their D good, not the change of zone defense or whatever shit you prefer to believe in.

Thats the dumbest shit I have ever heard. The point is HE DOES play for us. That's like saying take Kobe off the Lakers or Duncan off the Spurs and they wouldn't have won the championships they won...

WELL NO SHIT!!!

The reality is he plays for the Mavs and they ARE better defensively for it. And the zone defense HAS helped the Mavs this year with and without Chandler in the game for various reasons. Some games we don't need to use it as much as others depending on matchups.

Ghazi
12-05-2010, 02:34 AM
we staaaaaaaaaaacked

Mav-elous Man
12-05-2010, 02:44 AM
I think Melo would screw up the team chemistry and hurt us defensively.

Crickets
12-05-2010, 04:49 AM
IMHO spurms should be afraid of the Mavs this year....if they get to face again in the first round or second (farthest spurms will make).

The spurms are pretenders and tainted chumps...

Bragging about 4 titles when in reality they are only 3 1/2 (*1999 don't count).

Anyways ..Eat it spurm fans the Mavs have your number in the playoffs!!

NickiRasgo
12-05-2010, 06:33 AM
I saw a while ago that they're the 1st in the league in FG% allowed and 2nd in Points Allowed.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-05-2010, 01:53 PM
So far, Dallas has been doing really good so far. As much as I hate to say it. But can they make a run in the playoff? No.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
If Dallas can continue to play defense like they are now for the rest of the year, they can definitely make some noise in the playoffs. I also agree with BUMP, that there is no team better equipped to handle the Lakers in the West than the Mavs right now.

The only issues I see are the Mavs needing a legit #2 option, and Tyson Chandler's health in the long run. Dude was a great pickup, but is injury prone. If he's healthy come playoff time, I could see the Mavs taking out the Spurs in 6.

The Spurs always struggle with strong defensive teams. Plus without an answer for Dirk, who is 99% gonna have a GREAT game against SA, I can see the Mavs prevailing.

Still a lot of b-ball left to be played, but we should be in for a good season (unless you're a Heat fan :lol)

YoungB
12-05-2010, 02:27 PM
If Dallas can continue to play defense like they are now for the rest of the year, they can definitely make some noise in the playoffs. I also agree with BUMP, that there is no team better equipped to handle the Lakers in the West than the Mavs right now.

The only issues I see are the Mavs needing a legit #2 option, and Tyson Chandler's health in the long run. Dude was a great pickup, but is injury prone. If he's healthy come playoff time, I could see the Mavs taking out the Spurs in 6.

The Spurs always struggle with strong defensive teams. Plus without an answer for Dirk, who is 99% gonna have a GREAT game against SA, I can see the Mavs prevailing.

Still a lot of b-ball left to be played, but we should be in for a good season (unless you're a Heat fan :lol)

:lol remember when you told that one Sun fan that Bosh was better than Amare

DPG21920
07-24-2011, 05:25 PM
My posts were actually pretty damn good. You should bump the Tyson Chandler trade thread as well. Spurs fans sh:loltting on Mav fans.

Axe Murderer
07-24-2011, 05:30 PM
I also agree with BUMP, that there is no team better equipped to handle the Lakers in the West than the Mavs right now.

that Bump guy sounds pretty smart. wonder what happened to him

BlackSwordsMan
07-24-2011, 05:31 PM
He posts on the username Axe Murderer. IIRC

Axe Murderer
07-24-2011, 05:31 PM
oh

BlackSwordsMan
07-24-2011, 05:35 PM
DPG wrong about dem mavs and lied about dem paypal checks.

DPG21920
07-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I also said defense wasn't their problem. I implied it was good enough. If anything, I was wrong about how good they could jump shoot for prolonged stretches. I also had faith in DIRK when you quit :lol

DPG21920
07-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Nope. You were wrong about Tyson, the Mavs and I outed your troll :lol

greensborohill
07-24-2011, 05:47 PM

suck a cock #1 seed front runners!!!

Fpoonsie
07-24-2011, 05:50 PM
"muthafuckas're just lucky dey din't hafta play us"

DPG21920
07-24-2011, 05:50 PM
That makes no sense. You were more wrong and the sad thing is you are a quitter as well so you couldn't celebrate them winning :lol

It's doubly funny that your only true basketball take turned out horrifically wrong :lol If you had more good basketball takes to insulate yourself, it wouldn't look as bad, but for now you have one take that was shitty :lol

DPG21920
07-24-2011, 05:54 PM
You were so wrong :lol

DPG21920
07-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Would Gerald Wallace help them win the same title with even more class :lol

I'm sure the Mavs will change their team motto to: "fuck this cursed shit ass franchise to hell" :lol

DPG21920
07-24-2011, 05:58 PM
fuck this cursed shit ass franchise to hell

-Tyson Chandler on the Mavs Title World Championship Team

mavsfan1000
07-24-2011, 07:13 PM
suck a cock #1 seed front runners!!!
You know this is a spurs site right. :lol

frodo
07-24-2011, 07:21 PM
quitted on mavs from 08 you niggas all be WRONG BOUT DEM MAVS

stretch
07-25-2011, 09:53 AM
while I like to mess with DPG as much as anyone, he is right when he claimed that the Mavs issue was not their defense. I had been saying for the past 2-3 years now, that their offense was their biggest problem. Their scoring inconsistencies, and love of jumpshooting would lead to a lot of easy bucket chances for the other team, usually on fastbreaks from long rebounds. DPG was one of the few people who agreed with me on this.

DAF86
07-25-2011, 10:14 AM
I was right about Chandler.
I was right about them Mavs once the playoffs started.
I'm right 99% of the time.

stretch
07-25-2011, 10:57 AM
manu > dirk

we get it:rolleyes

DAF86
07-25-2011, 11:24 AM
crofl you still doing that?

Axe Murderer
07-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Manu>>>Dirk

are you ever gonna stop saying that?

stretch
07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
manu > dirk

awesome

Lincoln
07-25-2011, 03:25 PM
:lmao Gerald Wallace :rollin

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Mav fan on DPG:

while I like to mess with DPG as much as anyone, he is right when he claimed that the Mavs issue was not their defense. I had been saying for the past 2-3 years now, that their offense was their biggest problem. Their scoring inconsistencies, and love of jumpshooting would lead to a lot of easy bucket chances for the other team, usually on fastbreaks from long rebounds. DPG was one of the few people who agreed with me on this.

Mav fan on Tyson:

:lmao Gerald Wallace :rollin

DPG less wrong than Tyson about dem Mavs :lol

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Tyson can't celebrate. Tyson can't celebrate.

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm celebrating you gettin' more wrong about dem mavs than me :lol

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 10:16 PM
You are a creepy guy.

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm done conversing with you on here, regardless of how much you scream for my attention. Even for an online board, you are weird. It appears you have a very serious problem and if I would have known how strange you are and that you would freak out over me outing the fact you talk to yourself with your Kool troll, I wouldn't have done it. Timvp warned me about you and now I am listening.

Prime1
07-25-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm done conversing with you on here, regardless of how much you scream for my attention. Even for an online board, you are weird. It appears you have a very serious problem and if I would have known how strange you are and that you would freak out over me outing the fact you talk to yourself with your Kool troll, I wouldn't have done it. Timvp warned me about you and now I am listening.

qft

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Prime gets it.

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Reporting your threats btw.

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Reporting that threat as well.

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 10:40 PM
We are playing tomorrow btw at UTD at 6.

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Not if we on the same team tbh

DPG21920
07-25-2011, 11:19 PM
U 6'4 sons