PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen suspension reduced to 6-months; could be back in action by March

dbreiden83080
12-02-2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.fighters.com/wp-content/uploads/CS_RKWKH.jpg

"Chael Sonnen stepped before the California State Athletic Commission along with his legal council, in accordance with his appeal for a one-year suspension handed down before the CSAC for his post-fight drug screening, following UFC 117 last August.

Sonnen was part of the main-event of the August tussle opposite of current middleweight champion, Anderson Silva. Chael dominated the Brazilian for four-and-a-half rounds before succumbing to a triangle choke, being submitted in the waning moments of the final round.

Following the match, Chael had received word that starting September 2, he would be serving a one-year suspension for allegedly taking Performance Enhancing Drugs, originally believed to be steroids due to elevated levels in testosterone.

Sonnen appeared before the commission earlier today, presented his case, and stated that the elevated levels in testosterone were present not by any PED’s specifically, but by injections taken due to the discretion of his Doctor.

A testosterone producing deficiency called Hypogonadism was the cause of concern from Chael’s Doctor in Oregon, whom also appeared before the commission today as a witness. Sonnen, 33, was been diagnosed with the disorder since 2008, and has reportedly been taking injections of testosterone since.

The commission sympathized with Sonnen’s disease, however pointed to the fact that little to no disclosure was revealed prior to his match his Anderson Silva, at least not in proper documented form. Instead, Sonnen revealed that he was taking shots of testosterone to an official of the CSAC just one day prior to his meeting with “The Spider”, which took place in Oakland.

This proved to be insufficient, and as such, the members of the commission opted to count Sonnen’s time served as part of a reduced suspension, which will be completed on March 2, 2011.

The UFC does have an event in March in the works for their second venture into Abu Dhabi, which is tentaively scheduled for the 19th. The event is expected to be held on Yas Island, of the United Arab Emirates, and is said to be the return of current UFC light heavyweight champion, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua as he takes on former champ Rashad Evans. Tito Ortiz and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira are also expected to face off at the March event."

http://www.fighters.com/12/02/chael-sonnen-suspension-reduced-to-6-months-could-be-back-in-action-by-march?submit_foot=f

CubanSucks
12-02-2010, 08:00 PM
:lmao nice touch with the picture, or was that part of the article?

great news

CubanSucks
12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
nvm, didn't see the link

dbreiden83080
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
It's good news. Chael got caught up in some bureaucratic nonsense here. The UFC doc told him he didn't have to report this condition because he had reported it in the past and the CSAC was pissy he didn't tell them directly..

Whatever

I watched some of this hearing and that commission was full of the biggest bunchy of clue-less A-Holes and bitches you are ever gonna see. The dumb woman who was running the hearing at one point asked

"This document says Dana on it"

Chael's Lawyer

"Dana White"

Cue the Dumb Bitch

"Who is that"

Chael's lawyer

"President of the UFC"

I'm dead fuckin serious about that exchange.. She didn't know who Dana White was.. They also referred to him as a boxer at one point. Only 2 people at the hearing actually knew who he was and what this was all about.. He should have been found not guilty by reasons of utter fuckin stupidity of the commision..

polandprzem
12-03-2010, 09:01 AM
The states sucks :)
I mean all that commissions and government ppl

Hey it's all good Sonnen will be back, no matter how much hormone they will inject in him :)

dbreiden83080
12-03-2010, 12:21 PM
It's truly a pathetic state of affairs when the fans of the sport know way more about the circumstances of the case and the individual being judged for his actions than the fuckin people who's job it is to decide on a sentance.. What i saw yesterday at the hearing was nothing short of a unforgiveable embarassment. How do you have people on the commission that don't know who Chael is or why he is even there? Don't know about the sport he is alleged to have cheated in or who runs the company he works for?? Of the 4 on the committee that voted, only 2 knew anything, the other 2 failed to even research the case..

The CSAC should be dismantled and reformed immediately..

dbreiden83080
12-03-2010, 12:57 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/genkidama20/MMA/sonnenvictory.gif

The TroutBum
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM

So, how many of us have tried to call that number?

CubanSucks
12-03-2010, 05:50 PM

You would've never convinced me that this guy beat up the baddest dude on the planet for 23 minutes

dbreiden83080
12-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Sonnen MMA Live Interview..

7fwD83IC5g8

CubanSucks
12-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Sonnen vs Wanderlei me likey

The TroutBum
12-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Sonnen MMA Live Interview..

7fwD83IC5g8

Listen here, Chael is such an ass hole. Look, but I still like him.

BlackSwordsMan
01-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Doubt he'll be back any time soon. Hard to fight when you're in prison.

dbreiden83080
01-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Sonnen can't stop killing himself..

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/3/1912383/former-ufc-contender-chael-sonnen-pleads-guilty-to-federal-money

angelbelow
01-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Sonnen can't stop killing himself..

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/3/1912383/former-ufc-contender-chael-sonnen-pleads-guilty-to-federal-money

Wow..

dbreiden83080
01-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Update. Looks like he reached a plea deal so no jail time only probation, fine and loss of license. Might be fighting Akiyama in March..

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21966/despite-legal-issues-sonnen-vs-akiyama-in-the-works-for-ufc-128.mma

His sentencing is set to begin 10 days after he is expected to fight Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 128, according to sources close to the event, which today informed MMAjunkie.com of the pending booking just as news of the legal trouble broke.

UFC 128 takes place March 19 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and features a light heavyweight title bout between champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and former champ Rashad Evans.

It's unknown whether a potential prison sentence will torpedo the middleweight bout's possibility as representatives from the UFC could not be reached at the time of this writing. However,

The Oregonian is reporting Sonnen has reached a plea deal with the District Attorney that will result in a two-year probation, along with a $10,000 fine and the revocation of his realtor license.

Sonnen is currently serving a sentence of another sort, a suspension handed out by the California State Athletic Commission for elevated levels of testosterone following his fight-of-the-year candidate at UFC 117 with middleweight champion Anderson Silva. He was unsuccessful in appealing the punishment this past month at a CSAC hearing in Sacramento, Calif., though the commission voted to reduce his suspension from one year to six months while also issuing a $2,500 fine.

The District Attorney states Sonnen conducted a financial transaction that was "designed to conceal or disguise the ownership and control of the proceeds of wire fraud."

"This office will continue to aggressively prosecute real estate professionals who committed the mortgage fraud that contributed to this country’s economic downturn and wreaked havoc on our community’s housing market," Dwight Holton, U. S. Attorney for the District of Oregon, stated in the release.

As part of his plea deal, Sonnen agreed to give up his Realtor's license and pay a $10,000 fine, said Michelle Holman Kerin, the assistant U.S. attorney handling the case.

Stringer_Bell
01-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Wasn't phased with the Commission stuff, but this money laundering and kickback stuff is shit. I really enjoyed his smack talk and ability to back it up, but the lack of integrity here makes me think there's no way to talk his way out of it. Too bad, would have been a good story to see him redeem himself but that'll be pretty tough after this.

BlackSwordsMan
01-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Looks like 6 months suspension got longer.

dbreiden83080
01-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Your gonna see Chael fight in the spring. This is all window dressing and bullshit. Dana stood by Page when he nearly mowed down like 20 people with his truck.. Chael is not going to prison so he'll be back by April or May i bet..

CubanSucks
01-04-2011, 11:54 PM
lol white collar crime

my view on him hasn't phased hardly at all

"Oh Noes, he can't sell houses anymore!"

Stringer_Bell
01-05-2011, 06:35 AM
lol white collar crime

my view on him hasn't phased hardly at all

"Oh Noes, he can't sell houses anymore!"

He was running for public office with this baggage. Sure, all those scumbags make shady deals at some point, but it was nice to think of Sonnen as different.

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Who cares? Sonnen is a little bitch, he is nothing but smack talk and performance enhancing drugs. I don't care if I ever see his ugly face in the octagon again, dudes a disgrace, he ain't no underdog, he's just another idiot trying to dishonestly make it big.

CubanSucks
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Who cares? Sonnen is a little bitch, he is nothing but smack talk and performance enhancing drugs. I don't care if I ever see his ugly face in the octagon again, dudes a disgrace, he ain't no underdog, he's just another idiot trying to dishonestly make it big.

You're the third dumbass who's said this. Why don't you try reading the article and then posting, ok? Reading will do wonders to your retarded posts

dbreiden83080
02-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Chael is a great fighter who has made some mistakes for sure. I really wish the rematch with Silva had gone on as scheduled because for 22 min he was just brilliant that night in the cage with Anderson. We'll see if he can get his life and career back on track in the next few months..

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-09-2011, 04:46 PM
im not trying to piss anybody off here, honestly thats not my goal by saying this...
but a huge LOL at all the people who like this guy, only because he almost beat Silva.
if he doesnt almost take out the guy with the most haters in all of MMA, he's nothing more than mma's biggest doucher. lol at all the black marks on this fools record.

listen, he's an idiot...... look, he's a cheater in sport and in life... look.....listen.....look , listen here....:lmao what a tool

The TroutBum
02-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm a fan.

CubanSucks
02-09-2011, 06:09 PM
im not trying to piss anybody off here, honestly thats not my goal by saying this...
but a huge LOL at all the people who like this guy, only because he almost beat Silva.
if he doesnt almost take out the guy with the most haters in all of MMA, he's nothing more than mma's biggest doucher. lol at all the black marks on this fools record.

listen, he's an idiot...... look, he's a cheater in sport and in life... look.....listen.....look , listen here....:lmao what a tool

the enemy of my enemy is my friend

scratch that

the douchebag who has a real good chance of beating the bigger douchebag is my friend

The TroutBum
02-09-2011, 06:40 PM
^ what gay-wad said.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-09-2011, 06:57 PM
the enemy of my enemy is my friend

scratch that

the douchebag who has a real good chance of beating the bigger douchebag is my friend

i respect this post.

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-10-2011, 03:31 AM
I read the article, and disorder or not, there was not enough consent from Chael concerning the fact that perhaps he might possess retard strength on the account of his "medicine". The fact stands, Sonnen didn't take out Silva, Sonnen pounded away for as long as he possibly could, exerted every ounce of strength, & still couldn't put Silva away.

As soon as Silva delivered those two hits off his back in the 3rd, Chael put his hand up because he got rocked, otherwise Silva would have never pulled off that triangle choke. Silva may be cocky, but he's an honorable guy, he's humble in defeat & in victory. Not even a minute after he KO'd Belfort, he went to his aid.

CubanSucks
02-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I read the article, and disorder or not, there was not enough consent from Chael concerning the fact that perhaps he might possess retard strength on the account of his "medicine". The fact stands, Sonnen didn't take out Silva, Sonnen pounded away for as long as he possibly could, exerted every ounce of strength, & still couldn't put Silva away.

As soon as Silva delivered those two hits off his back in the 3rd, Chael put his hand up because he got rocked, otherwise Silva would have never pulled off that triangle choke. Silva may be cocky, but he's an honorable guy, he's humble in defeat & in victory. Not even a minute after he KO'd Belfort, he went to his aid.

:lmao ever heard of Demian Maia?