PDA

View Full Version : This Spurs Fan takes his hat off to the Suns

Ocotillo
05-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Say what you want but the Suns have been classy this series thus far and they are a very good team. With Nash on the floor they can look downright scary and Stoudamire is superior to Duncan today. If Duncan were on two healthy ankles he is the better player and even with the two bum ankles, TD still plays better defense. But Stoudamire is a friggin' beast.

The class part of my comment stems from the fact that recall the Sonics series and how they were constantly poppin' off or whining. Recall the Denver series and George Karl's stupid comments.

As the old saying goes......the cream rises to the top.

NeoConIV
05-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Ditto.

Xolotl
05-25-2005, 05:40 PM
I agree the Suns' fans seem to have class. But I've always hated them since I used to live in Arizona. Damn Charles Barkley :p

tekdragon
05-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Stoudamire is superior to Duncan today

???

Mark in Austin
05-25-2005, 05:54 PM
Nash sets such a great example - didn't blame the refs or denigrate the Spurs in his post game comments. Class act, no doubt. I hope they never get a bench with a defensive stopper or two, cause they'll be downright scary-good.

Win or lose, these have been two of the best games to watch all year.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
It's about time the Spurs play a team with class. I'm sick of the bullshit from Denver and seattle.

None of the Suns players were making lame excuses such as " we lost because manu's hair is long"...blah blah blah.

Props to Phoenix.

boutons
05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Our experience of the Suns players/coaches/fans/journalists in this series is just of "normal" people, ie norms that are serious, professional, lovers of the game, decent, respectful, pleasant to interact with.

Our experience of the Denver and Seattle groups was "abnormal", but way too common, even approaching average, for NBA and other sports fans.

If you look at the Final Four, I would like to think, idealistically, that they are in that group because their organizations are "normal', while the trashy groups are gone fishin.

xcoriate
05-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Its like the whole push up scandel Nash pulled Amare up of the floorand gave him a couple of words.

Dude is nothing but class.

milkyway21
05-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Say what you want but the Suns have been classy this series thus far and they are a very good team. .
i agree with Suns players & coach & org. playing with classy basketball...

particularly, this one...http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/PNA114051900_lower.jpg
Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver cheers on his team

..glad he has mellowed. :rolleyes

johnny00
05-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Screw all that classy crap, nobody was saying this shit when players were doing push-ups after dunks or owners were calling for our "varsity team" while imitating a chicken.

Real classy.

People have a short memory.

indianspur
05-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Nash sets such a great example - didn't blame the refs or denigrate the Spurs in his post game comments. Class act, no doubt. I hope they never get a bench with a defensive stopper or two, cause they'll be downright scary-good.

Win or lose, these have been two of the best games to watch all year.

I agree totally.................great demeanor..........during the half time Nash was asked (and I paraphrase)- "with 2 of the best big guys if the game in amare and TD, how do the small player like TP, Manu and yourself run the game?"-----

"Small guys with big hearts I guess!"

respect all the way for Nash!!!!!!
:smokin

Spurgal
05-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Jerk

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/PNA114051900_lower.jpg

Catharsis
05-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Sarver has since appologized and promised to never act that way again. Let he without sin cast the first stone.

milkyway21
05-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Jerk :lol

Speaking of composure, anybody can tell me WHY Coach D'Antoni is yelling at Pops in this picture?
Missed this one:rolleyes.
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/PNA128052500_lower.jpg
Phoenix Suns coach Mike D'Antoni yells toward San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich during game two of the Western Conference Finals, Tuesday, May 24, 2005, in Phoenix.

itzsoweezee
05-26-2005, 12:33 AM
i don't respect the suns because they play with no heart. at times, it looks like they're not even trying to play defense and that they're more interested in getting the ball back on offense. it's some of the worst defense i have ever seen. as a basketball fan, i can't respect that. at least the sonics played hard, even if they did play dirty.

SirChaz
05-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Nash has been a great mentor for this team since he showed up a month befre training camp to work out at the arena.

Much of the success is due to the unselfish nature of the team and Nash is huge factor in setting the standard with 11+ assists a night.

I think the Suns understand the Spurs have where they want to be. Right now they are learning what it takes to get there. I don't think anyone has played the Suns with a complete all out effort for 48 minutes like the Spurs. The Suns need a complete game to beat the Spurs. A complete team wouldn't hurt either.