PDA

View Full Version : Serious question for Spurs fans.

TheMACHINE
12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Seeing that you are on a roll (other then the Clippers game). You are obviously the #1 seed. You are already talking smack about how you are the best and will probably win a ring this year. All that is fine cuz you guys seem unstoppable. Well deserve smack talk and confidence. Lets say mid year, you are able to add another former all-star averaging about 17 points a game to your roster without giving up anything for him.

Wouldnt that be icing on the cake? You give your GM and owner props for making your already #1 ranked team even better.

Here is the question. If you lose in the playoffs, would you blame Buford and Holt for not putting a team together eventhough the Spurs were #1 all year and even made an upgrade midseason? Would you be ok if Tim Duncan chooses to leave because he couldnt win with this current squad?

TheNextGen
12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Well played, Sir.

ALVAREZ6
12-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Don't compare this to the Cav's last year you douche :lol

Funny attempt though, but seriously, the Cavs played in the eastern conference, they won tons of games in the meaningless regular season (see Orlando as well, reg. season dominators, playoff chokers), and they did so with Lebron and a bunch of mediocre players.
The Spurs wouldn't lose in this scenario because they are already potent as fuck with the roster they have, including the playoffs. Not true with the Cavs in the past.

And yes, I am also saying here that the regular season doesn't mean shit, even though my team has the best record in the league. It really doesn't mean shit until the playoffs, and everyone knows this has been the Spurs/Popovich's philosophy for some time now.

TheMACHINE
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM

Funny attempt though, but seriously, the Cavs played in the eastern conference, they won tons of games in the meaningless regular season (see Orlando as well, reg. season dominators, playoff chokers), and they did so with Lebron and a bunch of mediocre players.
The Spurs wouldn't lose in this scenario because they are already potent as fuck with the roster they have, including the playoffs. Not true with the Cavs in the past.

And yes, I am also saying here that the regular season doesn't mean shit, even though my team has the best record in the league. It really doesn't mean shit until the playoffs, and everyone knows this has been the Spurs/Popovich's philosophy for some time now.

Well..being that you are doing everything i described above ("being potent as fuck, would not lose" etc), would you blame GM and Owner for not putting a team together if you did lose? Yes or no would be fine.

TheGreatest23
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
'machine with the goods. I see what you did there.

ALVAREZ6
12-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Well..being that you are doing everything i described above ("being potent as fuck, would not lose" etc), would you blame GM and Owner for not putting a team together if you did lose? Yes or no would be fine.
No I would not, because the Spurs do have a pretty good team put together. I wouldn't ask for more. I also don't expect the Spurs to win it this year, but I recognize the possibility is pretty significant.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Who is the former all-star?

TheMACHINE
12-03-2010, 06:14 PM
No I would not, because the Spurs do have a pretty good team put together. I wouldn't ask for more. I also don't expect the Spurs to win it this year, but I recognize the possibility is pretty significant.

Thanks for being honest.

21_Blessings
12-03-2010, 06:17 PM

Then you guys need to stop comparing this Spurs team to the one from 7 years ago. I didn't mention 07 since Tim Donaghy is no longer employed by the NBA and the Lakers run shit now.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

How many games did the Spurs win last season in the 2nd round again? :lol

Exactly. You guys and the rest of Western Conference are still the Lakers' bitch until further notice.
:sleep

TheMACHINE
12-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Who is the former all-star?

hmmm lets say someone who averages per game last year:

36.5 minutes
46%fg
1.3 3pointers
8.4 rebounds
1.3 assist
1.1 steals
18.7 points a game

21_Blessings
12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
To be completely honest, I would be taking the Spurs seriously right now if they had Scola. He's exactly what they're missing with Timmy playing all washed up and stuff :rollin

TheMACHINE
12-03-2010, 06:22 PM
To be completely honest, I would be taking the Spurs seriously right now if they had Scola. He's exactly what they're missing with Timmy playing all washed up and stuff :rollin

If the Spurs ever have a chance at Scola, i dont think they would ever let him go....oh wait.

Anyways! BACK ON TOPIC!

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 06:24 PM
hmmm lets say someone who averages per game last year:

36.5 minutes
46%fg
1.3 3pointers
8.4 rebounds
1.3 assist
1.1 steals
18.7 points a gameNo, you'll have to tell me who the player is.

TheMACHINE
12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
No, you'll have to tell me who the player is.

Gerald Wallace

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Gerald WallaceThe Spurs couldn't get Wallace for nothing. He makes $10.5 million this season.

Mark in Austin
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
If Lakerfan is this shook so early in the season, its gonna be ugly by the ASG.

There, there Lakerfan. It'll be all right. Coach Pop says ya'll are still the best.

TheGreatest23
12-03-2010, 06:48 PM
If Lakerfan is this shook so early in the season, its gonna be ugly by the ASG.

There, there Lakerfan. It'll be all right. Coach Pop says ya'll are still the best.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_N3ODKWQGOGOoM:http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr163/etoyok/reallydumb.gif&t=1

http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/facepalm.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f3SZ5Tu916o/SP8LiNoZ6pI/AAAAAAAAH8A/UmwlAbzMIrQ/s400/sisko-facepalm.jpg

21_Blessings
12-03-2010, 06:56 PM
The Spurs couldn't get Wallace for nothing. He makes $10.5 million this season.

Maybe Pop could rally the Trade Committee and get that lopsided Luis Scola trade overturned.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Maybe Pop could rally the Trade Committee and get that lopsided Luis Scola trade overturned.So this isn't a serious thread after all.

rayray2k8
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I can only think of a handful who have been talking smack. But what do you expect, especially when other laker fans begin to troll on a spurs forum?
But when Spurs fans are talking back along with the team itself doing well, Laker fans get pissed and start doing a ring check. :lol
When your team has been around for that long, you should be a successful franchise.

This will be a like seasaw of trolling going back and forth, which brings us here... If Laker fans say that the spurs will be irrelevant in the postseason, then
you guys have nothing to worry about... Right?

:)

ohmwrecker
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
More smack than Lakers fans?!

rayray2k8
12-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh and no, we wouldn't... We as in the fans, not we as in some of you act like you're a part of the Lakers franchise, which is just fucking stupid :lol
Like that one guy who has all those rings at the bottom of his sig...

TheMACHINE
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh and no, we wouldn't... We as in the fans, not we as in some of you act like you're a part of the Lakers franchise, which is just fucking stupid :lol
Like that one guy who has all those rings at the bottom of his sig...

ok, so you wouldnt blame the onwer and gm. Should have made this a poll.

LnGrrrR
12-03-2010, 07:21 PM
If Tim Duncan was in his prime, and San Antonio was a tortured sports town, and he decided to leave on prime-time TV... I'd probably think he was a dick too.

SoapScumKills
12-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I say fuck Merlin if that lanky ass jumped ship to join Hill and McGrady in Orlando way back when.. But lucky us Merlin ain't no LeQuit

TinTin
12-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Seeing that you are on a roll (other then the Clippers game). You are obviously the #1 seed. You are already talking smack about how you are the best and will probably win a ring this year. All that is fine cuz you guys seem unstoppable. Well deserve smack talk and confidence. Lets say mid year, you are able to add another former all-star averaging about 17 points a game to your roster without giving up anything for him.

Wouldnt that be icing on the cake? You give your GM and owner props for making your already #1 ranked team even better.

Here is the question. If you lose in the playoffs, would you blame Buford and Holt for not putting a team together eventhough the Spurs were #1 all year and even made an upgrade midseason? Would you be ok if Tim Duncan chooses to leave because he couldnt win with this current squad?

Really? Who is talking about that? Are you making stuff up? Does #1 seed automatically win titles?

TheMACHINE
12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Really? Who is talking about that? Are you making stuff up? Does #1 seed automatically win titles?

damn...just answer the question. Thats just the scenario.

TinTin
12-03-2010, 08:22 PM
So the scenario is that spurs have magically become the top team of nba and are clear favourites to win the title?

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM
So the scenario is that spurs have magically become the top team of nba and are clear favourites to win the title?And have a superspecialsecret $10.5 million trade exception.

It's a serious question.

Gutter92
12-03-2010, 08:53 PM
For some reason, I don't see a 3x Final MVP publically demanding a trade...thats the sort of shit a drama queen rapist snitch does tbh.

When you're undefeated in the Finals, which is an amazing feat in itself, you don't demand trades...thats the sorta shit you do when you can't even make the playoffs CROFL

ezau
12-03-2010, 11:04 PM

No I will not. I believe that the FO did their job of putting the best team possible to win a title. If the Spurs fail, it's as simple as admitting that the other teams are just better.

TBH, I don't see the Spurs, even with their record, the favorites to win the title this year. Everything still goes through the Lakers regardless of their slump.

Pelicans78
12-03-2010, 11:11 PM
The question will be can the Spurs beat teams like LA or Boston going with a lineup of Duncan/Jefferson/Manu/Hill/Parker. That's their best lineup.