PDA

View Full Version : What would Pop do?

EricD
12-03-2010, 07:21 PM
If he coached the Celtics?

They got rid of Scalabrine, so Pop wouldn't have a big to spread the floor anymore!

Can the Celtics still be a contender without a big to spread the floor?

I mean Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG would need an extra shooter at the 4 spot in order for Pierce Allen and crew to have room to score, according to Pop.

What would Pop do?

Trade Perkins for Bonner?

TJastal
12-03-2010, 07:29 PM

They got rid of Scalabrine, so Pop wouldn't have a big to spread the floor anymore!

I mean Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG would need an extra shooter at the 4 spot in order for Pierce Allen and crew to have room to score, according to Pop.

What would Pop do?

My guess is Pop would have spent the entire off season wooing the corpse of Rasheed Wallace to come back and play again.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 07:30 PM
He would be responsible for every Celtics loss.

EricD
12-03-2010, 07:34 PM
He would be responsible for every Celtics loss.

Wasn't the question smart pants.

Pop is in love with shooting fours and thinks the Spurs need shooting fourman in order for Manu, Tony and crew to score. Which is a load of bologna.

Which is why he's been playing Bonner over everyone else.

He needs to get a clue already.

TDMVPDPOY
12-03-2010, 07:35 PM
he would sign antoine walker, and tell him to spread the floor to half court and shoot from there, treat it as 4pts

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Wasn't the question smart pants.Actually "What would Pop do if he coached the Celtics?" was your first question, dumb pants.

EricD
12-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Furthermore, if Bonner is playing the minutes he's playing now from April through (godwillling-- Hail Mary full of grace) June-- This potential championship team won't reach it's potential and it will be another year wasted.

Get a clue already.

Bonner = death

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Furthermore, if Bonner is playing the minutes he's playing now from April through (godwillling-- Hail Mary full of grace) June-- This potential championship team won't reach it's potential and it will be another year wasted.

Get a clue already.

Bonner = deathFine.

Waive Bonner.

Fire Pop.

Get to it.

I'm waiting.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Kind of whorish of you to make yet another thread about the same single issue that is taking up half the front page.

EricD
12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Fine.

Waive Bonner.

Fire Pop.

Get to it.

I'm waiting.

:rolleyes

Or play the right players.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 07:42 PM

Or play the right players.Impossible.

Pop is responsible for everything bad that has ever happened to the franchise under his watch.

He must be fired.

EricD
12-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Impossible.

Pop is responsible for everything bad that has ever happened to the franchise under his watch.

He must be fired.

Why?

That makes no sense.

Just play the right players. This team doesn't need a shooting four man in order for Manu, Tony, and crew to score. This team is loaded offensively already as is without the Sandwich Hunter-- Which is why Pop should maximize the defensive potential by playing Splitter and McDyess more-- The defense is the weakness, not offense.

Did you see how Griffin, Rhino Smith and the Clipper crew just went at Bonner relentlessly at the rim?

Watch tonight when Kevin Love and crew have at him.

You just watch.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Why?

That makes no sense.It totally makes sense.

Fire Pop.

It's so obvious you have to be an idiot to disagree.

You just watch.

Bender
12-03-2010, 07:56 PM
that avatar needs to be retired out of respect for whottt

EricD
12-04-2010, 01:32 AM
It totally makes sense.

Fire Pop.

It's so obvious you have to be an idiot to disagree.

You just watch.

No you just watch, oh wait you just watch Toro games.

And think you're better than everyone because you know more about the players who will never play in the NBA.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:36 AM
No you just watch, oh wait you just watch Toro games.

And think you're better than everyone because you know more about the players who will never play in the NBA.Actually I missed tonight's Toros game. The replays are very good quality now though, so I can watch at my leisure.

I don't think I'm better than everyone, it's just often wildly apparent that I am better than some. If they choose to be butthurt about it and carry an e-grudge and/or have homosexual fantasies about me, that's their business. My advice to them would be to not be so concerned about their Spurstalk rep.

kuato
12-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Sign Scola !!! :whine

EricD
12-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Why hasn't anyone really answered this question?

I'd really like to know some expert opinions on the matter.

And no Chump, what we are talking about has to do with the NBA not the D-League! So you can butt out.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Why hasn't anyone really answered this question?

And no Chump, what we are talking about has to do with the NBA not the D-League! So you can butt out.Tough shit.

lol expert

EricD
12-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Tough shit.

lol expert

lol Toros expert

lol knows more about players who will never play in the NBA

lol knows less about players that actually play in the NBA

Hey CHUMP, What do you think about the Stampedes potential playoff hopes, now that Antoine "Shimme" Walker is locked up for the year?

What about next year's draft? I'm really looking forward to see who the Toros pick up in the 2nd round, there has to be some great value there in next year's draft, no?

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:05 AM
These are not serious questions, just like the OP.

lol bumping your own thread no one cared about.

EricD
12-08-2010, 02:11 AM
These are not serious questions, just like the OP.

lol bumping your own thread no one cared about.

Then why did you reply?

And they are serious questions, which is why I'm asking the expert of the D-League field.

You don't think Antoine Walker will help the Stampede?

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Then why did you reply?I didn't reply to your questions. I ridiculed them.

You don't care, just as no one cared about your questions in the op you had to bump.

Sorry.

EricD
12-08-2010, 02:26 AM
But you replied to my post, no?

And now you're just being hypocritical. Ridiculing" my questions about a subject that is your area of expertise and an area which you spend hundreds of hours watching every year.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:32 AM
But you replied to my post, no?I sure did.

And now you're just being hypocritical. Ridiculing" my questions about a subject that is your area of expertise and an area which you spend hundreds of hours watching every year.That's not hypocritical at all.

Do you really care about the D-League this much after ridiculing it so much?

The answer in my mind is "no."

So, if you think I'm an expert, great.

If you think I give enough of a shit about you to give you an answer about the D-League you now claim you care a great deal about, you're wrong.

concken
12-08-2010, 02:28 PM
What would Pop do?

but of course!

nkdlunch
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Someone notify the OP we can't go 82-0

ohmwrecker
12-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Did you see Big Baby hit that 3 the other night? I think you have your answer.

DocDoc
12-08-2010, 04:32 PM

Or play the right players.

yeah, because the current record is sooooooo bad.

Bonner opens up lanes for guards, plays good positional defense, and few mental mistakes.

He has the same vertical as Parker, which makes him pretty useless as a shot blocker or rebounder.

EricD
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
You clowns need to get a clue already.

When you mess with Bonner, you mess with death. As everyone witnessed the past two post-seasons.

Let me ask y'all clowns another question.

Which of the two is the most significant attribute of a championship caliber team?

Interior defense or a more spread out floor offensively?

nkdlunch
12-08-2010, 05:39 PM
because Bonner is the reason we got swept by the Suns and lost to the mavs in 09

:elephant :elephant

EricD
12-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Which of the two is the most significant attribute of a championship caliber team?

Interior defense or a more spread out floor offensively?

Umm, guys?

Why hasn't anyone answered this?

Experts?

My fellow gray name peers?

Black/bold geniuses?

ST's Chris Sheridan of the D-League, Chump?

kaji157
12-09-2010, 07:14 PM
I know this has NOTHING to do with this trade but i was thinking what player could be a better version of Bonner with similar but less deficiencies and i came up with Andrea Bargnani. His BYC makes him tradeable for Bonner and Splitter straight up.

So would you do a Bargnani+Chris Bosh 3.4M TE for Bonner+Splitter+Quinn? (The TE is necesary to compensate both ways for the BYC clause)

DJB
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM

:lmao You came to the wrong place.

TJastal
12-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I know this has NOTHING to do with this trade but i was thinking what player could be a better version of Bonner with similar but less deficiencies and i came up with Andrea Bargnani. His BYC makes him tradeable for Bonner and Splitter straight up.

So would you do a Bargnani+Chris Bosh 3.4M TE for Bonner+Splitter+Quinn? (The TE is necesary to compensate both ways for the BYC clause)

I think a more plausible idea would have been Ryan Anderson, who is also a much better all around PF/C that I wish the spurs could have gotten for Bonner's expiring deal before they signed him to that 4yr deal. Bonner is virtually untradeable with that contract now, unless you throw in a sweetener like Neal or Anderson.

I think the magic could have been persuaded to part ways with Pietrus too (before the season) by throwing in the spurs #1 pick Anderson. (Bonner's expiring+Anderson).

Pietrus would probably be getting Udoka's minutes and most of Neal's (if not all) and would have really cranked up the spurs defense a couple of notches.

*Sigh*...

Mel_13
12-09-2010, 07:47 PM

I think a more plausible idea would have been Ryan Anderson, who is also a much better all around PF/C that I wish the spurs could have gotten for Bonner's expiring deal before they signed him to that 4yr deal. Bonner is virtually untradeable with that contract now, unless you throw in a sweetener like Neal or Anderson.

I think the magic could have been persuaded to part ways with Pietrus too (before the season) by throwing in the spurs #1 pick Anderson. (Bonner's expiring+Anderson).

Pietrus would probably be getting Udoka's minutes and most of Neal's (if not all) and would have really cranked up the spurs defense a couple of notches.

*Sigh*...

None of the trades described here would have worked under the rules.

TJastal
12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
None of the trades described here would have worked under the rules.

Huh?

Bonner @ 3.2m + Anderson @ 1.3m = 4.5m

Pietrus @ 5.3

4.5m is close enough to 5.3 for the trade to work.

Mel_13
12-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Huh?

Bonner @ 3.2m + Anderson @ 1.3m = 4.5m

Pietrus @ 5.3

4.5m is close enough to 5.3 for the trade to work.

Your scenario was Bonner's expiring plus the pick for Pietrus. That wouldn't have worked.

TJastal
12-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Your scenario was Bonner's expiring plus the pick for Pietrus. That wouldn't have worked.

I clearly stated the #1 pick Anderson.

Read much?

Mel_13
12-09-2010, 08:06 PM
I clearly stated the #1 pick Anderson.

Read much?

:lol

This is the problem when you choose to remain ignorant.

Here's what you said:

The last date that Bonner's contract was an expiring contract eligible to be traded was last February's trading deadline. By the time Anderson was drafted in June, Bonner's contract was expired and could not be traded.

Spend a few minutes a night reading this:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

TJastal
12-09-2010, 08:23 PM
:lol

This is the problem when you choose to remain ignorant.

Here's what you said:

The last date that Bonner's contract was an expiring contract eligible to be traded was last February's trading deadline. By the time Anderson was drafted in June, Bonner's contract was expired and could not be traded.

Spend a few minutes a night reading this:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

:(

Sorry Mel_13.

Mel_13
12-09-2010, 08:25 PM
:(

Sorry Mel_13.

:toast

ChumpDumper
12-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Another day at school.

EricD
12-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Since y'all didn't want to answer my question and brought up trade scenario's instead, me and my pal trade machine have been underground getting busy.

Kudos for me, who brought this up ( if it happens in the future). But I bought this proposal up in another thread.

What about Favors???

Some of you probably aren't as aware as I am, but I remember hearing Spurs were interested in Favors prior to the draft.

I bet they still are interested.

What you think?

Blair and Bonner for Favors?

To those who might not agree, read below :toast

They just might. You don't know, your name isn't Billy King now is it?

Nets need a shooting 4 butter and egg man, like Bonner, to spread the floor so Devin Harris, Brook Lopez and Anthony Marrow can have more room to operate. As it stands, Nets are 26th in the league in scoring at 94.6 points per game. With Bonner that can go up at least 10 points with the room he creates.

At the same time they would be getting a much needed energy guy at the 4 in DeJuan Blair to come off the bench.

Now the question is-- Would Pop do it? I doubt it-- Manu, Tim, Tony and crew need Bonner out there to score because he brings his man away from the paint. Underrated value there according to Pop.

So yeah I doubt Spurs would do it.

Spreading the floor> Interior Defense according to Pop post May 06'.

Good explanation, No?

The Squirrelyq
12-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Pop is a terrible coach and has absolutely nothing to do with the four rings the Spurs have won. Spurs should fire him and get a real coach, like Mike Brown. To answer your question, he would trade for Troy Murphy and then start him over KG, because, you know, he has no idea what he is doing

TJastal
12-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Another day of padding my post count and pretending I'm smarter than everyone else.

ChuckD
12-10-2010, 02:59 AM

What would Pop do?

Fail

Career marks

Brian Scalabrine - 35% 3G% - below the league average
Matt Bonner - 41% 3G% - Most coaches would kill for a guard that shot that.

ChuckD
12-10-2010, 03:01 AM

Pop is in love with shooting fours and thinks the Spurs need shooting fourman in order for Manu, Tony and crew to score. Which is a load of bologna.

That 18-3 mark isn't clue enough for YOU?

ChumpDumper
12-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Another day of showing just how much my butt hurts.So sensitive.

EricD
12-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Post #44..

What do you guys think?

Reason why I bumped it is because I see posters are posting more tonight. Just saying

DMC
12-13-2010, 11:51 PM

Yeah, the best start in franchise history is a solid indicator that Pop doesn't have a clue. Those 4 rings are also fools gold. Pop should come to the forums and let others decide for him. He could start with those people who've never coached a game in their lives, and never understood the depth of the game past NBA Live 2010. He could then utter the same things Kerr says in that game, and like the game owner, be undefeated! Pop should build his own players and max out their attributes then rule the season for 10 years straight.

DMC
12-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Post #44..

What do you guys think?

Reason why I bumped it is because I see posters are posting more tonight. Just saying

First, no one gives a rats ass about the Celtics. Pop would tell you to fuck off. That's for sure.

DMC
12-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Pop is a terrible coach and has absolutely nothing to do with the four rings the Spurs have won. Spurs should fire him and get a real coach, like Mike Brown. To answer your question, he would trade for Troy Murphy and then start him over KG, because, you know, he has no idea what he is doing

What he said....

Add to that the fact that Pop calls timeouts at the strangest time, right when there's a breakdown in defense or he sees something he wants to adjust. Makes no sense at all.

Blackjack
12-13-2010, 11:57 PM
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/846561_f248.jpg

This thread is Leprechaun gold. :rollin

EricD
12-14-2010, 01:06 AM
What he said....

Add to that the fact that Pop calls timeouts at the strangest time, right when there's a breakdown in defense or he sees something he wants to adjust. Makes no sense at all.

Pop does make sense that's why he has 4 titles.

It was a simple question.

But recently I haven't been asking that, revert back to post 44 and come back and answer me then.

EricD
12-14-2010, 02:32 AM
First, no one gives a rats ass about the Celtics. Pop would tell you to fuck off. That's for sure.

Read post #44 and then answer me. Not the question in the OP.

JR21
12-14-2010, 02:33 AM
wack