PDA

View Full Version : is this child abuse??????

Glenn Holland
12-03-2010, 10:01 PM
someone needs to kick this bitch in her cunt.

GkiqyQJ9eU8

koriwhat
12-03-2010, 10:09 PM
that ain't shit!

hot sauce? hahaha try volcano soap, that's what my mother used to make me hold in my mouth if i cussed. a cold shower? wtf!? i used to get keys to the head and whatever else my mother had in her hand if she thought i was being a bad kid. living with a single mother is hard but you learn quick not to get caught.

IronMaxipad
12-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Hot sause? Volcano soap?

White people

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Summers
12-03-2010, 10:26 PM
She's enjoying humiliating him and causing him pain. He's crying in pain and she's screaming at him. It's not up there with dipping your kid in boiling water, but it turns my stomach.

Edited to add an observation after I wrote the above impulsively: Punishment has to make sense and be fair. She's telling her kid lying is bad while making him hold hot sauce in his mouth. At some point the kid is going to understand that she thinks it's bad for him to lie but doesn't think it's bad for her to torture him.

pawe
12-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Just right. We should keep the pussification of parents in a minimum.
The important part there is the mother explains why he is being punished.
I'd rather see a parent give a little boy a cold shower than hit him with a closed fist on the head.

Dr. Gonzo
12-03-2010, 10:45 PM
The most amazing part of the video is that someone actually fucked that lady.

Summers
12-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Just right. We should keep the pussification of parents in a minimum.
The important part there is the mother explains why he is being punished.
I'd rather see a parent give a little boy a cold shower than hit him with a closed fist on the head.

It's not pussification to not want to see your children humiliated and tortured. If you TEACH--not threaten--your children by example, they learn to make good decisions. Discipline is a long-term goal and if your 7-year-old can't sit still in a classroom all day, then he can't, but cold showers probably isn't going to solve the problem. And when he's lying because he's terrified of the cold shower and his punishment for lying is hot sauce, you're teaching him he can't trust you.

ashbeeigh
12-03-2010, 11:13 PM
She's enjoying humiliating him and causing him pain. He's crying in pain and she's screaming at him. It's not up there with dipping your kid in boiling water, but it turns my stomach.

Edited to add an observation after I wrote the above impulsively: Punishment has to make sense and be fair. She's telling her kid lying is bad while making him hold hot sauce in his mouth. At some point the kid is going to understand that she thinks it's bad for him to lie but doesn't think it's bad for her to torture him.

There's a difference between logical consequences and punishment. Punishment has no justification. Logical consequences have a reason. Parents and kids can follow why they happen. It's obvious that isn't happening here.

While this isn't up there with hitting a child or other more dangerous forms of abuse it can lead to more abusive behavior. It's these types of behaviors that get agencies involved initially. Then, the case gets closed. Later down the road something more serious happens and we're left saying, "But why didn't the kid get taken away to start with?"

The most amazing part of the video is that someone actually fucked that lady.

The title says it's her adopted son. What gets me the most is, if he's adopted the family had to have been studied somewhat. What was their discipline policy with the organization they were with previously? Were there any red flags?

Dr. Gonzo
12-03-2010, 11:17 PM
The title says it's her adopted son.

Dammit I didn't read. :depressed

easjer
12-03-2010, 11:20 PM
It turned my stomach a great deal. I feel sort of sick. Summers nailed why.

Certainly hot sauce - which won't permanently damage him - and cold showers are better than beating him. But they are also not necessarily reasonable to me. What is the connection between hot sauce and cold showers to poor behavior? I don't understand that. I am not sure a child would understand that. Losing privileges? Ok. That's clear. A standard punishment - which I guess this is supposed to be - I sort of get (my friend made her children stand in the corner for acting up at school).

But really, what disturbed me wasn't the punishment, it was the way she was shouting at him and trying to humiliate him.

Yes, ashbeeigh also hit on something. The behaviors themselves weren't necessarily abusive. The words weren't necessarily abusive. But the attitude certainly was. The whole thing felt abusive, even if taken piece by piece it wasn't.

pawe
12-03-2010, 11:20 PM
But how can you instill the teachings on a 7 yr old who has the attention span of a lightning bolt?
At that age, you have to teach with a little harshness (some sort of punishment). I think they are too young to realize the trust issue because it is still a little too complicated for their age.
They respond to fear rather quickly though then when they get older, that's probably the time to stop those ridiculous punishments and start dialogs.

TDMVPDPOY
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
not her kid, doesnt give her the right to do what she wants

today there is alot of laws that protect children, like no spanking at home/school or in public...

so what happen to the mormon?

Chachachango
12-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Ah fuck no. Tie that bitches hair to a rope and the other to a fucking truck and the drag her till her scalp falls off. Bitch has some mental problems and kid will have some too. Damn.

ashbeeigh
12-03-2010, 11:43 PM
But how can you instill the teachings on a 7 yr old who has the attention span of a lightning bolt?
At that age, you have to teach with a little harshness (some sort of punishment). I think they are too young to realize the trust issue because it is still a little too complicated for their age.
They respond to fear rather quickly though then when they get older, that's probably the time to stop those ridiculous punishments and start dialogs.

It's not just when your punishing a child. Having children is 24/7. 25/8 when you have children who have issues like ADHD. When kids have issues like that you need to approach kids differently. Use a soothing tones, with sympathy and direct. Asking children if they understand why they're going to time out or why something is being taken away is going to help in the long run. It may take 3-5 times with kids who have shorter attention spans. And it is frustrating.

And trust begins at birth. Children develop trust with parents or whoever becomes their caregiver when they are born. When children trust their parents they'll listen better. If a child doesn't trust a parent they won't listen. Trust that the parent will come back when they say they will, follow through with the consequence, listen to them, etc. Kids who don't trust respond with fear because they developed mistrust in an early age. It's basic childhood development theory.

pawe
12-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Ah fuck no. Tie that bitches hair to a rope and the other to a fucking truck and the drag her till her scalp falls off. Bitch has some mental problems and kid will have some too. Damn.

You'll probably be one of those parents who will let their kids run amok on restaurants and get angry at people who try to reprimand them.

Kori Ellis
12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
It turned my stomach a great deal. I feel sort of sick. Summers nailed why.

Certainly hot sauce - which won't permanently damage him - and cold showers are better than beating him. But they are also not necessarily reasonable to me. What is the connection between hot sauce and cold showers to poor behavior? I don't understand that. I am not sure a child would understand that. Losing privileges? Ok. That's clear. A standard punishment - which I guess this is supposed to be - I sort of get (my friend made her children stand in the corner for acting up at school).

But really, what disturbed me wasn't the punishment, it was the way she was shouting at him and trying to humiliate him.

Yes, ashbeeigh also hit on something. The behaviors themselves weren't necessarily abusive. The words weren't necessarily abusive. But the attitude certainly was. The whole thing felt abusive, even if taken piece by piece it wasn't.

Don't be so sure that hot sauce won't damage him.

It's one of the things that you are told is a huge no-no when you are adopting/fostering because there have been several cases of kids dying or getting permanently damaged from it, if it's accidentally inhaled it into their lungs.

PakiDan
12-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Don't be so sure that hot sauce won't damage him.

It's one of the things that you are told is a huge no-no when you are adopting/fostering because there have been several cases of kids dying or getting permanently damaged from it, if it's accidentally inhaled it into their lungs.

You don't have to be told this is not acceptable to know this is fucking sick! Some people should never have kids! What a sick fucking lady! I hope she rots in hell.

frodo
12-04-2010, 12:05 AM
bitch is a single mom probably. women are much easier to lose control of temper and can get emotional quite often, hence they shouldn't be in charge of something even something as little as a tiny house, at least that's true for most of them. the family is pretty much malformed imo, due mainly to the absence of a husband. in most wife-beating cases the wife only gets beat by husband because she beat the kids earlier.

woman, dog and walnut tree, the more you beat them the better they be.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Kid is going to grow up and go to jail in and out thanks to that crazy bitch.

Pistons < Spurs
12-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Cold showers ... I remember them. They were pretty typical for me growing up. Only that they were for after my punishment ... to help reduce the swelling and stop the bleeding. I realize my experiences growing up were pretty fucked up at times, and surely not the norm, but using that as my only real reference point, it's hard for me to classify the posted video as 'abuse'.

I would hope that I'd never duplicate my fathers version of discipline and punishment when I do have children. And I'm sure that when I do have kids of my own, my take on the proper way of punishing a child will change. But in general I think we as a society are becoming far too soft with our children. Sitting down and having a leave it to beaver type of talk isn't going to work. (Obviously communication and 'real' talks are an important part of parenting, I just don't think they're very valuable lesson as a punishment.) Time-outs and pleading with children to act right is not what I believe in. I don't accept that spankings are bad. Maybe I'm a heartless bastard. But I think too many people are trying to be friends with their kids instead of being their parent.

I don't like the idea of the hot sauce. It seems a bit cruel to me. But I still don't feel that it's a terrible offense at the same time. Kori though did bring up an interesting point about possible health hazards ... never heard that before.

easjer
12-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Cold showers ... I remember them. They were pretty typical for me growing up. Only that they were for after my punishment ... to help reduce the swelling and stop the bleeding. I realize my experiences growing up were pretty fucked up at times, and surely not the norm, but using that as my only real reference point, it's hard for me to classify the posted video as 'abuse'.

I would hope that I'd never duplicate my fathers version of discipline and punishment when I do have children. And I'm sure that when I do have kids of my own, my take on the proper way of punishing a child will change. But in general I think we as a society are becoming far too soft with our children. Sitting down and having a leave it to beaver type of talk isn't going to work. (Obviously communication and 'real' talks are an important part of parenting, I just don't think they're very valuable lesson as a punishment.) Time-outs and pleading with children to act right is not what I believe in. I don't accept that spankings are bad. Maybe I'm a heartless bastard. But I think too many people are trying to be friends with their kids instead of being their parent.

I don't like the idea of the hot sauce. It seems a bit cruel to me. But I still don't feel that it's a terrible offense at the same time. Kori though did bring up an interesting point about possible health hazards ... never heard that before.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Trying to be friends doesn't work, and I don't think most kids have a developed enough sense of right and wrong and of logical thinking for appeals to good behavior to work. And I'm not opposed to spanking, personally, if it's done in a way that removes the potential for abusive situations (not in anger, not using implements, only to the butt).

But I don't think that it's worth dismissing other things out of hand. I know kids who are spanked who were little hooligans. Spanking was no real deterrent for them. Not pleasant, certainly, but a minor blip on their radar. Incidentally, they tended to be the kids whose parents spanked for any infraction, regardless of how big or small it was.

And the reverse of that, I know kids whose parents never or only rarely spanked them and used other means of punishment - and rewards, worth noting - and they were the most well-behaved and polite children I know. At 4, at 8 and still so today at 12.

Punishments have to fit the action/infraction and be tailored to the child and be logical.

And Kori - wow, excellent point. I never thought about the potential damage for aspirating hot sauce (it's not something that ever happened in my family, but I've never thought of it as a particularly bad idea).

TE
12-04-2010, 12:52 AM

Yeah, similar take here.

Except, I am against "disciplining" a child with the method this heartless bastardly lady used. If you are gonna discipline your child, get a paddle or, hell, use your hand, and spank the shit out of your child at least once or twice. But make the spanking count.

If your child misbehaves after that then take away a prized position of theirs (toys, video game consoles) and create a household environment that is built of discipling and such.

btw, I wanna punch the shit out of this lady. Stupid idiot.

pawe
12-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Thank God for the sane people here who knows how to raise their children properly.
Im tired of seeing punks who act like the world exists for them and their enabler parents.

LnGrrrR
12-04-2010, 03:13 AM
The woman is pretty retarded. The kid is obviously afraid of the mom; kids don't do long-term reasoning very well. As others said, why not explain why what the kid did was wrong, then put him in a corner or something?

Berating the child in the shower seemed kinda sadistic.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 03:38 AM
If I recall correctly Japanese troops would strip our soldiers down back in WWII before cutting their heads off in a final act of degradation and humiliation..same with the Nazi's as well. By age 7 I think the child should be in charge of bathing himself and the whole degrading him while in the shower thing seemed pretty sick, as if degrading the child the entire time wasn't bad enough.

Chomag
12-04-2010, 03:55 AM
I don't see this as abuse no, but that does not mean it's right.

Personally I would prefer the hot-sauce over soap. I had tasted some very bad tasting soaps in my younger years.

I don't think I would use hot sauce for a punishment though.

mojorizen7
12-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Most parents dont have a fucking clue how to discipline their children.
In my work environment i see alot of it.

What works for one child doesn't necessarily work for another child(even your own).
First you need to recognize exactly what it is your child values the most.

If your child is a loner and likes to play around the house for example,grounding him/her is foolish.
If your child is a very social child you lock him/her in a room with nothing to do.
If your kid is into music or sports and they fuck up,take it away for awhile.
Just a few examples off the top of my noggin.

I have 2 daughters that i have joint custody of. We dont get to spend as much time together as they would like(and vice versa)but we have a very good relationship.
I began to catch them lying on occasion awhile back.....so i simply told them that the next time i find out about them lying that it meant that we would have to cancel a weekend. Tough choice,but it worked wonders.

Spanking,yelling,soap in the mouth,hot sauce, thats all bullshit.

As for this bitch in the video,she's obviously playing up to the camera a little(IMO)....she's trying to be firm,and thats good, but the only thing she's really doing is putting fear into her little boy. She's got it ALL WRONG.

byrontx
12-05-2010, 12:40 AM
You'll probably be one of those parents who will let their kids run amok on restaurants and get angry at people who try to reprimand them.

Beating the shit out of kids and torturing is not being a good parent. If you are raising your child right you do not often have to deal with situations that require harsh discipline. My 6 year old is a wonderful child and I have never had to hit him. If I told him I was disappointed in him is he devastated. All this crap she is doing to that child is a good reason to get him out of that house and into a loving environment.

Fancy houses and cars do not mean shit to a 6 year old, the best thing you can give him is your time. If you are spending quality time with him you are not going to have many problems.

Nbadan
12-05-2010, 01:00 AM
What does capital punishment teach a child? How to be abusive and cruel? Is that the way you really want to treat the people you love?

The best punishment is when your parents make you take ownership of your behavior and make amends..

Sisk
12-05-2010, 01:06 AM
She's obviously enjoying the power she wields over the child. That's the really fucked up part about it.

Sisk
12-05-2010, 01:06 AM
the worst punishment is when your parents tell you they're disappointed in you (if you have respect for your parents that is)

:tu

The Reckoning
12-05-2010, 05:33 AM
chomag is right. i wouldve prefered hotsauce anyday over soap. that shit (oops..i meant stuff) tasted gross.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-05-2010, 09:15 AM
not her kid, doesnt give her the right to do what she wants

today there is alot of laws that protect children, like no spanking at home/school or in public...

so what happen to the mormon?

Corporal punishment is still legal in Texas and in many other states.

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Beating the shit out of kids and torturing is not being a good parent. If you are raising your child right you do not often have to deal with situations that require harsh discipline. My 6 year old is a wonderful child and I have never had to hit him. If I told him I was disappointed in him is he devastated. All this crap she is doing to that child is a good reason to get him out of that house and into a loving environment.

Fancy houses and cars do not mean shit to a 6 year old, the best thing you can give him is your time. If you are spending quality time with him you are not going to have many problems.

This.

I was in the same situation with my son. He was the most gentle, loving, easygoing child and I very rarely had to discipline him.
I often wonder though if the child's temperament is sometimes so different that they don't respond as well as other kids.

Cry Havoc
12-05-2010, 09:55 AM
This.

I was in the same situation with my son. He was the most gentle, loving, easygoing child and I very rarely had to discipline him.
I often wonder though if the child's temperament is sometimes so different that they don't respond as well as other kids.

It's very rare.

Human beings are creatures that respond to stimuli. If you remove the reward for negative behavior (attention, satisfaction, gaining something wanted) while giving them support and an example of what is desired/acceptable, they will eventually head that way. Some kids just react faster than others.

Unfortunately, most parents don't have the patience or knowledge to keep that up.

ploto
12-05-2010, 10:04 AM

Bingo!! While I do not advocate this woman's behavior, I also know that all the people pontificating about how wonderful their kids are without having to discipline them should be grateful for their in-born personalities. My son is the same way. To this day, he is still harder on himself than I ever had to be, but I know full well that MANY kids are not that way no matter how much positive reinforcement and talking you do to them. All you have to do is come from a large family to know this.

And no one should have ever told parents to ignore kids when they are misbehaving. It has given them permission to let their kids run wild and scream at the top of their lungs in restaurants, churches, and stores. It may work well when you are at home, but in public pick up your kid and take them home.

Shelly
12-05-2010, 10:10 AM
I didn't watch it, but that was from The Dr. Phil show, so I don't know what the outcome of it was. The mother was his guest, so I'm sure in the end he offered her help and hopefully she took it.

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 10:26 AM
It's very rare.

Human beings are creatures that respond to stimuli. If you remove the reward for negative behavior (attention, satisfaction, gaining something wanted) while giving them support and an example of what is desired/acceptable, they will eventually head that way. Some kids just react faster than others.

Unfortunately, most parents don't have the patience or knowledge to keep that up.

Agreed.

There is a book called Summerhill by A.S. Neill.

It is about a school run by A.S. Neill, a school for children. Most of these kids had issues with authority, discipline,etc.

He allowed them to be free and do or study what they wanted to study provided that you don't interfere with the freedom of anyone else.He says it took them about six months to get over all the anger and resentment they had repressed.They would rebel and fight the system for six months. Once they got over their rebellion-everybody wanted to learn; they even began protesting, ``Why don't we have class today?'' They would be transformed.

Parents were frightened in the beginning to send their children there, they said, ``How can you educate them if you don't discipline them?''

According to Neill, the secret of his success was this;

``Every child has a god in him. Our attempts to mold the child will turn the god into a devil. Children come to my school, little devils, hating the world, destructive, unmannerly, lying, thieving, bad-tempered. In six months they are happy, healthy children who do no evil.''

He also said, ``Come to Summerhill and you won't find kids with any desire to attack authority, they are well fed and there is no resentment or anger. You'll never find a handicapped child with a nickname,or find anyone needling a child who stammers. There is no violence in these children because no one is practicing violence on them.''

JoeChalupa
12-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Spanking works for some and not others. I haven't had to spank mine in years but I did when I felt the need and they always knew why. You have to know your kids and what works and what doesn't. I know some who won't spank and their kids are so rude and undisciplined we don't like when they bring their kids over to our house but I also know some who have kids with excellent behavior.
I'd never think of using that type of behavior in the video though.

boutons_deux
12-05-2010, 10:46 AM
"Come to Summerhill and you won't find kids with any desire to attack authority"

Some attacks on authority are fully justified.

Summerhill produces compliant, conformist little robots that live inside-the-box authority hands them?

silverblk mystix
12-05-2010, 10:56 AM
"Come to Summerhill and you won't find kids with any desire to attack authority"

Some attacks on authority are fully justified.

Summerhill produces compliant, conformist little robots that live inside-the-box authority hands them?

You got it all wrong.

Google Summerhill and you will find that it is the opposite of robots that they are all about.

koriwhat
12-05-2010, 04:03 PM
boo hoo... still not as bad as some of the shit i went through and to this day i don't even think i went through anything that harsh anyhow.

jimo2305
12-05-2010, 05:08 PM
man some parents just dont' get it.. and im not even a parent..

the kid is probably more scared than comfortable around that bitch..

even my dog knows right from wrong.. i dont have to say anything and she ducks her tail between her legs..

show the kid love and affection and spend your time being around him and make him love to be with you.. and when he messes up.. he'll see you're disappointed and feel bad that he's upset you..

with that being said.. i believe in spanking but it doesn't just help in spanking, change your tone and manner so he feels your disappointment emotionally as well.. and for the numbskulls.. spanking doesn't mean go apeshit with closed fists.. spanking the kid on the butt making him cry is completely harmless so i don't wanna hear it..

putting hotsauce and soap in a kid's mouth will and should make him hate you when he grows up.. that's completely asinine

PakiDan
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
man some parents just dont' get it.. and im not even a parent..

the kid is probably more scared than comfortable around that bitch..

even my dog knows right from wrong.. i dont have to say anything and she ducks her tail between her legs..

show the kid love and affection and spend your time being around him and make him love to be with you.. and when he messes up.. he'll see you're disappointed and feel bad that he's upset you..

with that being said.. i believe in spanking but it doesn't just help in spanking, change your tone and manner so he feels your disappointment emotionally as well.. and for the numbskulls.. spanking doesn't mean go apeshit with closed fists.. spanking the kid on the butt making him cry is completely harmless so i don't wanna hear it..

putting hotsauce and soap in a kid's mouth will and should make him hate you when he grows up.. that's completely asinine

This guy gets it better than some of the parents in this thread.

Bukefal
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
What a bitch and totally unnecessary. There are so many more normal and more effective ways to punish your kid. This bitch has her own mental problems it seems.