PDA

View Full Version : Would Spurs Fan rather have Brandon Bass over Blair?

Srupsog
12-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Seeing how Blair is playing this year makes me question his value to the spurs. The role Blair plays is that he is that energy undersized tough big that just hustles. Players like blair in the league are Jason Maxiell, Craig Smith, Glen Davis, and of course Bass, ect. . How does Blair level up with these guys.

Also it was rumored that Bass was available via trade at some time, would spurs fans trade Blair for Bass?

ducks
12-04-2010, 12:01 AM
blair was great off the bench
adjusting starting

HarlemHeat37
Yes, no-brainer, but Orlando isn't going to trade Bass..he's probably going to move into their starting lineup soon, they've been rumored to be making that move for a few weeks now..

ChumpDumper
Pretty close to the same player.

EricD
12-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Pretty close to the same player.

I'm now convinced you only watch the Toros.

TJastal
12-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Seeing how Blair is playing this year makes me question his value to the spurs. The role Blair plays is that he is that energy undersized tough big that just hustles. Players like blair in the league are Jason Maxiell, Craig Smith, Glen Davis, and of course Bass, ect. . How does Blair level up with these guys.

Also it was rumored that Bass was available via trade at some time, would spurs fans trade Blair for Bass?

I'd love Brandon Bass on the spurs, I'd trade Blair in a heartbeat for him.

Bigger, tougher, way better defender (can guard much bigger players, 7footers etc) better finisher around the rim, great midrange jumper. About the only thing Blair does better is rebound, and Bass really isn't far behind him in that category either. Get rid of both Blair and Bonner, put Bass in the 2nd unit with Splitter and the spurs would have the best frontcourt foursome in the league.

TJastal
12-04-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm now convinced you only watch the Toros.

He eats chips, too.

SpursDynasty85
12-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Blair is hitting the rookie wall he should have hit last year. Pop even admitted he didn't coach the guy all last season. Now that he's in the starting lineup, he's having trouble adjusting. Imo Blair is still a better fit for the spurs than Brandon Bass is.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 12:16 AM
He does have the jumper, I'll give you that.

If he's that much better why would they want such a horribly inferior player like Blair in return?

Please explain.

SpursDynasty85
12-04-2010, 12:27 AM

If he's that much better why would they want such a horribly inferior player like Blair in return?

Please explain.

Goodpoint. Blair's stock has dropped Tons

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2010, 12:31 AM
GLEN BIG BABY DAVIS, his good man when rondo goes straight to him 3-5 consecutive plays...

EricD
12-04-2010, 12:32 AM

Please explain.

Maybe the drop off in talent isn't as significant as the salary the Magic would be saving if they were to acquire Blair.

Were you aware of that smart guy?

8FOR!3
12-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Yeah I'd take Brandon Bass, but I'll cheer on Blair if he's all we got.

Chieflion
Maybe the drop off in talent isn't as significant as the salary the Magic would be saving if they were to acquire Blair.

Were you aware that the salaries don't match and the Orlando Magic and Spurs are way over the cap?

Cane
He has a better jumper but Bass is also making $4 million a year IIRC if thats of any consideration. He also has a questionable IQ and a low ceiling. If the Spurs are looking for another frontcourt addition imo they're better served with a bigger body like maybe Anderson Varejao but he makes even more money. The Lakers, Celtics, and Mavs' frontcourts seem like the giants of the league...

It might be a slight upgrade but it'd be more lateral than not when you also figure in likely first-year growing pains on the Spurs system and Blair's tenacity and potential.

ChumpDumper

Were you aware of that smart guy?What that other guy said...

EricD
12-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Were you aware that the salaries don't match and the Orlando Magic and Spurs are way over the cap?

I'm fully aware, without a doubt my ninja.

McDyess+Blair for Bass would work. Only if McDyess is bought out and brought back would I do such a thing.

If that's the case, then Magic would be saving significant salary next year and beyond.

Get a clue.

Mel_13
12-04-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm fully aware, without a doubt my ninja.

McDyess+Blair for Bass would work. Only if McDyess is bought out and brought back would I do such a thing.

If that's the case, then Magic would be saving significant salary next year and beyond.

Get a clue.

No, it wouldn't.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 12:44 AM
lol everyone is beating me to it.

EricD
12-04-2010, 12:48 AM
No, it wouldn't.

Ah hell, throw Malik Allen in as well.

Badda Bing Badda Boom, you have your trade.

EricD
12-04-2010, 12:48 AM
lol everyone is beating me to it.

Don't act like you knew Mr. Toros.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Don't act like you knew Mr. Toros.You sure didn't :lmao

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Some of you probably aren't as aware as I am:rollin

MavDynasty
12-04-2010, 12:53 AM
The Basshole is a badass. Has a very solid jumper but can dunk over niggas and a very likeable personality. I would take him back any day of the week

EricD
12-04-2010, 12:54 AM
:rollin

Says the guy who thinks Bass and Blair are the same player.

I bet you weren't aware that the Spurs were indeed VERY interested in Bass in the summer of 09'.

Mel_13
12-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Ah hell, throw Malik Allen in as well.

Badda Bing Badda Boom, you have your trade.

Well, the trade now passes the CBA test.

Too bad it doesn't pass the common sense test.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Says the guy who thinks Bass and Blair are the same player.

I bet you weren't aware that the Spurs were indeed VERY interested in Bass in the summer of 09'.Sorry you fucked up dude.

You must feel pretty bad getting your shit called out by the likes of me.

lol aware.

EricD
12-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Sorry you fucked up dude.

You must feel pretty bad getting your shit called out by the likes of me.

lol aware.

I don't feel bad at all.

I know just about everything, you obviously don't.

Maybe you should stay away from the D-League and watch a real league every once in a while.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:01 AM
I don't feel bad at all.

I know just about everything, you obviously don't.You didn't know your trade wouldn't work.

I did.

You feel bad.

Sorry.

EricD
12-04-2010, 01:03 AM
You didn't know your trade wouldn't work.

I did.

You feel bad.

Sorry.

Bass+Malik Allen for Dyess+ Blair does work. ( Doesn't mean I'd do it but it fits under the CBA)

Get a clue already.

TJastal
12-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Bass with 27 pts on 11-12 shooting tonight. Same player my ass.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Bass+Malik Allen for Dyess+ Blair does work. ( Doesn't mean I'd do it but it fits under the CBA)

Get a clue already.God damn, why do you have to lie about what you said?
McDyess+Blair for Bass would work

You said that would work.

It didn't.

Now you are lying about it. That is funny.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Bass with 27 pts on 11-12 shooting tonight. Same player my ass.Yeah, Blair has never scored anything close to that.

JR3
12-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Blair is a great guy off the bench! Not a starter.

TJastal
12-04-2010, 01:12 AM
You didn't know your trade wouldn't work.

I did.

You feel bad.

Sorry.

Congrats on being able to use the espn trade machine.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Congrats on being able to use the espn trade machine.Actually just a calculator.

It's so easy, anyone can do it.

It's surprising people who claim to be so aware don't and end up making fools of themselves.

TE
12-04-2010, 01:14 AM
I wouldn't. Blair is adjusting to a starter's role.

Just wait until he gets a feel.

TJastal
12-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Actually just a calculator.

It's so easy, anyone can do it.

It's surprising people who claim to be so aware don't and end up making fools of themselves.

lol acting like you used a calculator

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:18 AM
lol acting like you used a calculatorThat's how we had to do it before the trade machine. Guess you haven't followed the game that long.

lol acting like it would be too difficult for you to do.

TJastal
12-04-2010, 01:42 AM
That's how we had to do it before the trade machine. Guess you haven't followed the game that long.

lol acting like it would be too difficult for you to do.

So you used to use a calculator back in the day, are you saying you used it THIS time?

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:43 AM
So you used to use a calculator back in the day, are you saying you used it THIS time?Yes.

It's really not that difficult, especially in a trade with terms as simple as this one.

Do you think it's somehow impossible?

TJastal
12-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Yes.

It's really not that difficult, especially in a trade with terms as simple as this one.

Do you think it's somehow impossible?

lol I don't believe you

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:47 AM
lol I don't believe youlol Just because you couldn't do it, that doesn't mean it can't be done.

TJastal
12-04-2010, 01:49 AM
lol Just because you couldn't do it, that doesn't mean it can't be done.

lol caught in a lie, I knew it

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 01:50 AM
lol caught in a lie, I knew itNo, that isn't an admission of anything. You need to read that again.

I used a calculator. You know there is one in your computer, right?

TD 21
12-04-2010, 01:51 AM

Please explain.

The Magic, specifically, wouldn't. That's because Blair would be an even worse fit on their team than he is on the Spurs.

But in general, why would a team trade Bass for Blair? Because Blair is thought to have a higher upside.

For the Spurs, Bass would be a better fit in the same way that he is on the Magic. But as Harlem said, the Magic won't move Bass, not unless he's a piece that has to go in a trade that lands them the go-to perimeter player they so desperately need in order to be considered a true contender.

TJastal
12-04-2010, 01:59 AM
No, that isn't an admission of anything. You need to read that again.

I used a calculator. You know there is one in your computer, right?

So you're saying you went to all the trouble to find out the player salaries on some website such as hoopshype, then punched them all into the shitty windows calculator utility rather than just select the 3 players and click 'Try This Trade'

You're so old school, man. :rollin

ChumpDumper
12-04-2010, 02:06 AM
So you're saying you went to all the trouble to find out the player salaries on some website such as hoopshype, then punched them all into the shitty windows calculator utility rather than just select the 3 players and click 'Try This Trade'

You're so old school, man. :rollinNo. I already had shamsports pulled up and the trade simply wasn't all that complicated.

It's really not as difficult as you are making it out to be.

pawe
12-04-2010, 02:23 AM
LOL you two should get a room already

Mav-elous Man
12-04-2010, 02:45 AM
I loved Brandon Bass when he was in Dallas. Wish he were still here. He shows up every night. You never complain about effort from him. He does what he is asked. Including the dirty work. Runs the floor really well, and always finishes strong by attacking the basket with both hands. Great glue guy. That would be a GREAT pick up for San Antonio.

silverblk mystix
12-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Bass for Blair.

NO

Bass for Bonner.

ABSOLUTELY!

ohmwrecker
12-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Brandon Bass has hit his ceiling. I'm not convinced Blair has.

99-03-05-07
12-04-2010, 05:31 PM

i agree.:lobt2:

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Wouldn't be close to a fair trade with Blair and Bass.

yavozerb
12-04-2010, 09:46 PM

Blair is only 21, makes less than 1mil a season, averages 7ppg and 6rbs per 18 minutes per game.
Bass is 25, been on 3 teams, and averages 7ppg and 3 rebs in 17 minutes per game.

Ya, this pretty tough question. Great thread

The Truth #6
12-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I still can't believe how people are bailing on Blair already. The Kracken will be released again. He's figuring things out. I agree he's in a slump. That's obvious. It might take a year but the rewards will be there with him. If people think that Splitter is the messiah, then just focus on him playing more. No reason to dump Blair if we already have the Brazilian Jesus.

Agloco
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Blair is only 21, makes less than 1mil a season, averages 7ppg and 6rbs per 18 minutes per game.
Bass is 25, been on 3 teams, and averages 7ppg and 3 rebs in 17 minutes per game.

Ya, this pretty tough question. Great thread

Yavo bringin da troof up in here.

And ...... lol @ Eric D and TJastal getting thoroughly pwned by Chumpster and Mel13.