Boston Celtics, 5-Game-Win-Streak, † Nov 08 2010
New Orleans Hornets, 8-Game-Win-Streak, † Nov 15 2010
Oklahoma City Thunder, 5-Game-Win-Streak, † Nov 24 2010
San Antonio Spurs, 12-Game-Win-Streak, † Nov 26 2010
Utah Jazz, 7-Game-Win-Streak, † Dec 3 2010

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9001/streakbusters.jpg

TheManFromAcme
12-04-2010, 08:47 AM
mavs looking pretty darn good, I must add.
the addition of Tyson in that line up sure has helped tremendously.

so long as that bum foot holds out for Tyson.

Rummpd
12-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Mavs right now deserved to be ranked number one and they look very, very good, and are seemingly well coached and deep and being led by a true MVP candidate in Dirk. That being said we have seen this story line before only to have them crash at the playoffs. Time will tell.

Lukor
12-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Mavs right now deserved to be ranked number one and they look very, very good, and are seemingly well coached and deep and being led by a true MVP candidate in Dirk. That being said we have seen this story line before only to have them crash at the playoffs. Time will tell.

We still lack a legit sidekick to Dirk. Team effort will get you through the regular season but not much further.
Ofcourse French Jesus could change that, but don't count on it lol.

MavFan6488
12-04-2010, 09:27 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TPE2qh9AJ-I/AAAAAAAAFuk/mNLuyhWEqYU/s400/05.jpg

jermaine
12-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I bet on the Mavs last night and they flipped my $30 to $60! Lets go Lonestar state!

dbestpro
12-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I like the record for being a number one seed losing to the number 8 seed better.

dbestpro
12-04-2010, 10:48 AM
http://ninecooks.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/vanilla.jpg

Vanilla must make you deathly sick. I bet your eosinophils are off the chart.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Will admit, Mavericks are doing phenomenal (like every regular season).

Juanobili
12-04-2010, 02:08 PM
first round exit... again.

sefant77
12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
http://sportforen.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3230&stc=1&d=1291487351

badfish22
12-04-2010, 02:18 PM

ok

YoungB
12-04-2010, 02:25 PM
We get Roddy back and acquire Iggy and we goin to da shipppp.

monosylab1k
12-04-2010, 02:35 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2675/3691021122_d2caa226f9.jpg?v=0

first round exit... again.

http://img4.realsimple.com/images/0908/sol-sundae-icecream_300.jpg

badfish22
12-04-2010, 02:43 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TPE2qh9AJ-I/AAAAAAAAFuk/mNLuyhWEqYU/s400/05.jpg

crofl. What was the name of the site that does all that shit again

Killakobe81
12-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I will say this I dont trust some of what I see ...

Killakobe81
12-04-2010, 02:45 PM
But dirk? He is scoring and shooting in a way I may not have seen since bird in the 80's ...

he shooting over 50% on jumpers, tough ones with few lay-ups, and clutch ones too ...

Dirk is not only the bet PF and foreign player right now but probably the MVP so far ...

badfish22
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM

nice vague statement tbh

Trainwreck2100
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Mavs always look good, but i wonder what knee jerk trade they'll make to fuck it up

jag
12-04-2010, 02:58 PM
We get Roddy back and acquire Iggy and we goin to da shipppp.

I'm not sure why mav fan wants the 2009 version of Shawn Marion, minus the rebounding. 2009 Marion actually shot better than Iguodala from 10-15 feet... 10 percentage points better. Dallas needs a legitimate 2-guard or Dirk is going to end up dropping 30+ ppg in the playoffs again while everyone else stands around watching, hoping Dirk keeps the ball.

Killakobe81
12-04-2010, 03:03 PM

The zone, Kidd's 3 point shooting, and the consistent defense ... are they real or a mirage ...

YoungB
12-04-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure why mav fan wants the 2009 version of Shawn Marion, minus the rebounding. 2009 Marion actually shot better than Iguodala from 10-15 feet... 10 percentage points better. Dallas needs a legitimate 2-guard or Dirk is going to end up dropping 30+ ppg in the playoffs again while everyone else stands around watching, hoping Dirk keeps the ball.

If that's your assessment of Iggy then I can't really help you. Iggy creates shots for himself, Marion can't create a shot to save his life, for starters..

badfish22
12-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Thats better.
The zone is a problem. I haven't watched as many mavgames this year as I would like, but if we still are playing zone as much as we used to that could come back to bite us.
Kidd's three point shooting isn't really something we heavily rely on. He takes them when he is wiiide open. Its usually the other players being hot that opens him up.
Our real issues are Butler and Terry. Can they play at a high level in the playoffs? Im not convinced.

Fpoonsie
12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Again, I'd be all for the Mavs takin' tha 'Chip, as long as they didn't hafta put us out in the process.

I'd rather get knocked out by the T'wolves, tbh.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Our real issues are Butler and Terry. Can they play at a high level in the playoffs? Im not convinced.

No, and that's why we replace them with Roddy/Iggy. We get bigger and more athletic at the 2, improving perimeter defense out of those positions which has been an issue for some time now. We also get more aggressive, with more penetration and shots at the rim. Iggy over Butler also improves the flow of the offense with him being a good distributor always averaging between 5 and 6 assists a game, excellent from the SG position.

badfish22
12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't know if I want to make another major deadline trade again and fuck up chemistry. I could see us getting iggy and Iggy not fitting in at all and then hear the whole "Once he gets a training camp under his belt everything will be better!" thing all summer.

Roddy you do have a point with. He has to be a consistent scorer without fucking up the chemistry we have going now too much. Rick has seemed to actually find a solid, consistent rotation (crazy for him) and how is that going to change once Roddy comes back?

DPG21920
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
I still don't believe in Roddy. He played amazing last year when given minutes, but I will have to see it again.

He certainly has the skill set, but sometimes coming back from these injuries takes something out of you.

He would definitely go a long way (if he plays/grows from last year) to helping the Mavs offense out. They really need another legit play maker who can spread to the floor and actually get to the rim and finish.

Fpoonsie
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Nope, you are on a collision course with a purple and gold dump truck. You asked for it, and you'll get it.

The only reason I'd be hesitant for that matchup is because some flukey shit always happens when SA plays LA, to SA's detriment...and I spend months getting over it.

I'd end up putting Ln and mid to shame w/ the amount of anti-LA propoganda I'd flood this board with.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't know if I want to make another major deadline trade again and fuck up chemistry. I could see us getting iggy and Iggy not fitting in at all and then hear the whole "Once he gets a training camp under his belt everything will be better!" thing all summer.

Roddy you do have a point with. He has to be a consistent scorer without fucking up the chemistry we have going now too much. Rick has seemed to actually find a solid, consistent rotation (crazy for him) and how is that going to change once Roddy comes back?

I have a lot of faith in Roddy because how consistently good he was EVERY time his number was called and he was actually given minutes. He'd come in the game at any random point after not having seen the floor in some time and nonchalantly come in and start beasting like he never missed a beat. As for your question, the rotation will just have to grow by 1 when he comes back, preferably cutting into Barea's minutes because the man is just too talented to be held back another year.

badfish22
12-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I still don't believe in Roddy. He played amazing last year when given minutes, but I will have to see it again.

He certainly has the skill set, but sometimes coming back from these injuries takes something out of you.

He would definitely go a long way (if he plays/grows from last year) to helping the Mavs offense out. They really need another legit play maker who can spread to the floor and actually get to the rim and finish.

Im interested to see how he can fit in the offense. Its gonna be tough without a training camp and being out for so long. When we played him last year it was usually like "Ok, we are losing. Give the ball to Roddy and get out of his way". I want to see how effectively he can fit in the flow of the offense and still be a scorer.

jag
12-04-2010, 03:45 PM
If that's your assessment of Iggy then I can't really help you. Iggy creates shots for himself, Marion can't create a shot to save his life, for starters..

Iggy can get to the rim by himself. You don't want him shooting outside the paint. Keep in mind, 2009 shawn Marion could get to the rim.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Iggy can get to the rim by himself. You don't want him shooting outside the paint. Keep in mind, 2009 shawn Marion could get to the rim.

Nope, 2009 Marion never got to the rim on his own. He got SHOTS at the rim off a Nash pass or a putback. Dude's never been able to take his man off the dribble in a 1on1 situation and score the ball. Closest thing he has to an offensive game is that hideous turnaround fadeaway hook shot hybrid.

Ghazi
12-04-2010, 04:13 PM
we good

DPG21920
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Iggy, even though he can't shoot that well (not terrible and he can at least hit a 3 every once and awhile unlike Marion), would help the Mavs because he can handle the ball. He can dish it out very well, has pretty good vision and can get to the rim. He is actually versatile unlike what on paper appears to be versatility (Marion/Caron).

He is also a very solid defender when focused. It would be interesting to see how Iggy does when he is a true 2nd option getting to play alongside a guy like Dirk.

jag
12-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Nope, 2009 Marion never got to the rim on his own. He got SHOTS at the rim off a Nash pass or a putback. Dude's never been able to take his man off the dribble in a 1on1 situation and score the ball. Closest thing he has to an offensive game is that hideous turnaround fadeaway hook shot hybrid.

You do realize Shawn Marion wasn't with the Suns in 2009, right? And when it came down to shots at the rim, their %assisted stats were almost identical. With Marion creating slightly more offense on his own, about 71%assisted to Iguodala's 73%assisted.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 04:42 PM
You do realize Shawn Marion wasn't with the Suns in 2009, right? And when it came down to shots at the rim, their %assisted stats were almost identical. With Marion creating slightly more offense on his own, about 71%assisted to Iguodala's 73%assisted.

yeah serious slip on my part, what i was referring to was prime marion not even being able to create his own shot, much less Toronto/Miami/Dallas version. I'm not much for advanced stats, so I'm not sure really what to say to that stat or how to explain how it isn't really telling, but just from watching the game one can tell that Marion cannot create his own shot. I mean feel free to posts some video's of Marion taking his man 1 on 1 and creating offense. But it's my opinion that the man could never really dribble or shoot at all until I see it.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Also, is catching a pass in transition, taking 1-3 dribbles and dunking it considered an "unassisted" shot at the rim? Stuff like that could be where it is flawed, but you can't sit there and tell me that Shawn freaking Marion was ever capable of creating his own shot.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Also, much of Marion's points are hustle points and putbacks. I don't consider getting a rebound and putting it back up for an easy 2 to be "creating offense" although technically it's an unassisted shot at the rim.

DJB
12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Watching Mavs fans get their usual regular season chub is always amusing. :tu

badfish22
12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
kinda like spurfan before the Mavs bukkaked them in san antonio :tu

DJB
12-04-2010, 05:12 PM
4 rings faggots

badfish22
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
trolled

YoungB
12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Trolled and told

jag
12-04-2010, 05:31 PM
yeah serious slip on my part, what i was referring to was prime marion not even being able to create his own shot, much less Toronto/Miami/Dallas version. I'm not much for advanced stats, so I'm not sure really what to say to that stat or how to explain how it isn't really telling, but just from watching the game one can tell that Marion cannot create his own shot. I mean feel free to posts some video's of Marion taking his man 1 on 1 and creating offense. But it's my opinion that the man could never really dribble or shoot at all until I see it.

We're arguing 2009 Shawn Marion vs Iggy right now, so it's not really anything more than me implying you need a real scorer. Iggy is an upgrade over the current Shawn Marion, no doubt about it.

As far as 2009 Marion taking anyone off the dribble, it happened when he would spend time at PF. Marion was also good at getting to the rim by spotting up for three and then driving the lane after the ball rotated to him.

Either way, it would be an upgrade to get Iggy, I just don't see him being the type of scorer Dallas needs to pair with Dirk. Teams don't want the ball in Dirk's hands at all...with Iguodala, they'll gladly let him have the ball and give him the 15 foot J.

Tbh it's been a very bad year so far for Iggy because Philly wants to move on and hand the team to Turner and Holiday. The difference is one of them chokes in the playoffs harder than the pickle breath brothers choke on pickles, while the other one has been decent in limited playoff action. Using Iggy's averages this year and ignoring his career averages is retarded.

There's a reason Philly wants to move on.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
We're arguing 2009 Shawn Marion vs Iggy right now, so it's not really anything more than me implying you need a real scorer. Iggy is an upgrade over the current Shawn Marion, no doubt about it.

As far as 2009 Marion taking anyone off the dribble, it happened when he would spend time at PF. Marion was also good at getting to the rim by spotting up for three and then driving the lane after the ball rotated to him.

Either way, it would be an upgrade to get Iggy, I just don't see him being e type of scorer Dallas needs to pair with Dirk. Teams don't want the ball in Dirk's hands at all...with Iguodala, they'll gladly let him have the ball and give him the 15 foot J.

There's a reason Philly wants to move on.

I'm not saying he'd be a savior, just an upgrade in a way we need the most. (Attacking the rim and perimeter defense) Paired with Roddy's return, it would definitely take a load off Dirk and make us more athletic and even better defensively.

jag
12-04-2010, 05:37 PM
im pretty sure JaG has never watched marion if he thinks marion ever created his own shot

Im pretty sure i saw quite a bit of him in his prime during the Spurs' annual 7-game playoff series with the Suns. Disagree with my last post where i told you how he created offense on his own.

jag
12-04-2010, 05:44 PM
:lmao if that were the case you'd know how crappy he really is when it matters

I didn't see you disagree with how I said he created his own offense.

And of course i know he sucks. Evryone on Spurstalk was clowning the trade and his ridiculous contract. And mav fan tried to convince everyone that he'd bring 15 ppg, be a huge defensive upgrade and add much needed athleticism to the roster.

YoungB
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
That might be the only way Marion ever created his own offense but it still doesn't mean he ever created very much offense. Marion is kind of retarded offensively. Never seen an NBA player who couldn't shoot or dribble. Just an athlete.

jag
12-04-2010, 05:57 PM
I disagree with it. He created his own offense in D'antoni's system just like Barbosa did. He ran a gimmicky system that got weird matchups that made scrubs like marion and barbosa look better than they really are.

2009 Shawn Marion looked good enough to get signed to a $39M contract and get a trade offer from Dallas. And i don't think that had anything to do with D'Antoni.

I really don't care, either way. It'd be interesting to see Iggy play with Dirk, and I'd rather not see the Mavs upgrade at all. But if you put all the options on the table with Mark Cuban's crazy money and impulses, if i were mav fan, Iggy wouldn't be the type of player I would want Dallas to make a push for. And as a Spurs fan I'd rather see Iggy in Dallas than a young scoring SG.

Ashy Larry
12-04-2010, 06:25 PM
is Cubes gonna raise the Streak Busting banner ??? Typical Mavs during the regular season.

they are playing great ball nonetheless ......

YoungB
12-04-2010, 06:27 PM
is Cubes gonna raise the Streak Busting banner ??? Typical Mavs during the regular season.

http://hypenc.com/2010/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Vanilla-Ice.jpg (http://hypenc.com/2010/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Vanilla-Ice.jpg)

http://www.theasinature.com/images/Vanilla.jpg

http://wish-cake.com/common/images/cupcakes/vanilla-vanilla-no-decorati.gif

frodo
12-04-2010, 07:24 PM
C used to be mavs shortest stave before they got TC, and they've been looking rather great since TC joined. imho the SG/F is the strongest position on mavs squad and should be the least in need of refurbishment. you have a number of 10m+ caliber SGs and SFs already, and some of u picklebreaths still insist you need further enhancement at this position, which illustrates nothing but your lack of basketball knowledge.

frodo
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
marion only attacks the rim when he's in position, either with assists or not. Marion doesn't have the skills to initiate the offense from outside the 3-point arc, nor does Butler/JET. JJB and Jason Kidd are your only two guys capable of that tbh. outside of zone Marion & Butler are nothing more than a couple of cheep shooters, and Iggy wouldn't be much more than that imho. Joe Johnson would do a world of good if he joined the mavs and he will be the only G/F swinger that mavs should seriously consider buying.

frodo
12-04-2010, 08:07 PM

Either way, it would be an upgrade to get Iggy, I just don't see him being the type of scorer Dallas needs to pair with Dirk. Teams don't want the ball in Dirk's hands at all...with Iguodala, they'll gladly let him have the ball and give him the 15 foot J.

if 76ers accept a straight marion-iggy swap, i would do it in a heartbeat. no doubt iggy would be an upgrade but there's no hell of way it would be a significant one like Tyson Chandler, and you would have to slurp another big contract to have Iggy. Mavs will be starting to rebuild once Dirk's age takes effect, and that can happen anytime considering he's already 32. Iggy will be a fine #2 option to have but a terrible choice to treat as your franchise player and build around (just see how 76ers worked out with him as #1)

JET, Marion etc... will all turn dead stocks sometime, and we can only hope that comes as late as possible.

Agloco
12-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Boston Celtics, 5-Game-Win-Streak, † Nov 08 2010
New Orleans Hornets, 8-Game-Win-Streak, † Nov 15 2010
Oklahoma City Thunder, 5-Game-Win-Streak, † Nov 24 2010
San Antonio Spurs, 12-Game-Win-Streak, † Nov 26 2010
Utah Jazz, 7-Game-Win-Streak, † Dec 3 2010

Congrats November Champs. :lobt2: