PDA

View Full Version : Sharing my music

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2010, 08:03 PM
My metal group did this last month.

http://www.box.net/shared/3e1yr8gitm

I think it's a good mix of stuff if you're in to metal or have an open mind to music. I can't say what genre we are. We're just metal. I'm pretty proud of what we did and just wanted to share. I have no idea why though :lol

silverblk mystix
12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
:toast:toast

Hey, cool. I just listened to the Helen Keller song...pretty beastly...those guitars just were recorded perfect. How did you get them to sound so full?

Metal is not really my bag...but after listening to that I was ready to crank it and pound a beer on the spot!

Nice!

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Hey, cool. I just listened to the Helen Keller song...pretty beastly...those guitars just were recorded perfect. How did you get them to sound so full?

Thanks. Actually, I don't know what was done to make the guitar players sound that way. Not much affects at all, in and out of the board. The guy that did it has been doing this a while. He's done a ton of metal projects. local and national. He ran sound for Galaxy Club in Deep Ellum wayyy back in the day. He's ran front of house for Drowning Pool, King's X and is currently runnin' Pat Green's. I can say none of the guitar tracks we're doubled. Only thing that was overdubbed were various sounds and solos.

Metal is not really my bag...but after listening to that I was ready to crank it and pound a beer on the spot!Mission: Accomplished :toast:toast

Nbadan
12-05-2010, 12:30 AM
I really liked Farrah Fawcett....you took some interesting directions in Jenna Bush, but I think if you tighten up that song...it's definitely a centerpiece song...something you could wrap an intro CD around....Kathy Lee was tight, but the song just doesn't stick out from other metal, same for Helen Keller...

Don Knotts rocks...definitely 3rd or 4th song worthy on an entry CD

Overall 4 stars out of 5....get some videos out of these bad boys and get ready to bang your head!

IronMaxipad
12-05-2010, 02:12 AM
I'll hold judgement until Ironmexican gives this a review.

Winehole23
12-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Sounds pretty good, VLE. Are you in the rhythm section, sing or both?

Viva Las Espuelas
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Sounds pretty good, VLE. Are you in the rhythm section, sing or both?

I'm on drums, only. Thanks.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I really liked Farrah Fawcett....you took some interesting directions in Jenna Bush, but I think if you tighten up that song...it's definitely a centerpiece song...something you could wrap an intro CD around....Kathy Lee was tight, but the song just doesn't stick out from other metal, same for Helen Keller...

Don Knotts rocks...definitely 3rd or 4th song worthy on an entry CD

Overall 4 stars out of 5....get some videos out of these bad boys and get ready to bang your head!

Thanks, man.

BruceBowenFan
12-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Holy shit man keep up the good work. Definitely digging these 5 songs.

JudynTX
12-06-2010, 09:05 AM
My metal group did this last month.

http://www.box.net/shared/3e1yr8gitm

I think it's a good mix of stuff if you're in to metal or have an open mind to music. I can't say what genre we are. We're just metal. I'm pretty proud of what we did and just wanted to share. I have no idea why though :lol

:D Screaming Metal!! It hurts my ears. :(

My husband likes it. :tu

marini martini
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Seriously, a ST review??? WTF???:lol

The drums are the best part!!!:toast

Viva Las Espuelas
12-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Holy shit man keep up the good work. Definitely digging these 5 songs.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-06-2010, 02:38 PM
The drums are the best part!!!:toastGood ear ;)

Viva Las Espuelas
12-14-2010, 12:59 AM
For: Those interested.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dross/110630072335324

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2011, 10:33 AM
FWIW

Ha. Well a few months of tension finally came to a head, got pretty heated and we lost a guitar player. He's the one that started the Facebook page and came up with the name so they both might go away. Thanks to everyone that dug it and Liked our Facebook page. There's no need to unLike it now but that's up to you. :toast

ohmwrecker
01-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I really hate the vocals. Everything else is right on. Good job.

JudynTX
01-27-2011, 10:59 AM
FWIW

Ha. Well a few months of tension finally came to a head, got pretty heated and we lost a guitar player. He's the one that started the Facebook page and came up with the name so they both might go away. Thanks to everyone that dug it and Liked our Facebook page. There's no need to unLike it now but that's up to you. :toast

What happened? :bang

Frenzy
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
This board only hates it when you go mainstream...duh.

Metal man..
t53E-u0U5rI

lil'mo
01-27-2011, 11:41 AM
My metal group

:lmao yeah, ok

silverblk mystix
01-27-2011, 11:44 AM
it happens more often than not...

bands always have issues...

fuck it...just keep on playing...

eisfeld
01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Listened to all the songs now and you made my day sir!

Glad to see mixing grind, death and melodic isn't a dead art nowadays. Closest comparison would be old Ektomorf combined with the old Soil and a hint of Cannibal Corpse.

Definitely worth recording more songs.
Still, in every song there's a part where I'm sure I have heard it before - just can't put my finger on it.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Just keep on playing...

Oh, I am.

mrsmaalox
01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
What happened? :bang

Too many prima donnas.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Listened to all the songs now and you made my day sir!

Glad to see mixing grind, death and melodic isn't a dead art nowadays. Closest comparison would be old Ektomorf combined with the old Soil and a hint of Cannibal Corpse.

Definitely worth recording more songs.
Still, in every song there's a part where I'm sure I have heard it before - just can't put my finger on it.
Thanks man. Who knows what'll happen.

I'll have to check out Ektomorf. Never heard of

eisfeld
01-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks man. Who knows what'll happen.

I'll have to check out Ektomorf. Never heard of

Just a hungarian band - grindcore with some melodic influences, not that good but not that bad. The old stuff like Show your Fist and I know them are quite good, otherwise they unfortunately suck.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Hmmm. Are the anything like Nasum?

eisfeld
01-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Hmmm. Are the anything like Nasum?

Gotta check them out later - never heard of them.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Gotta check them out later - never heard of them.

Oh man. You have to if you never heard them. Lots of hooks.

Tinystarz
01-27-2011, 02:57 PM
This board only hates it when you go mainstream...duh.

Metal man..
t53E-u0U5rI

:lol it's seriouuus