PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Fox Sports Channel?

Glenn Holland
12-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Remember they had a show like SportsCenter with all the scores and highlights each night???And they had the Best Damn Sports Show Period. Now it is just local games aka Spurs games and shitty, shitty wacked out sports type shows and lame ass Big 12 college weekly shows. When the fuck did Fox Sports go regional and stop trying to compete with ESPN on a cable channel level?

Slomo
12-05-2010, 02:09 AM
You have a 2k by 3k picture in your sig. Do me a favor an make it smaller (less than 700 pixels wide).

ChumpDumper
12-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Remember they had a show like SportsCenter with all the scores and highlights each night???And they had the Best Damn Sports Show Period. Now it is just local games aka Spurs games and shitty, shitty wacked out sports type shows and lame ass Big 12 college weekly shows. When the fuck did Fox Sports go regional and stop trying to compete with ESPN on a cable channel level?Fox Sports was always regional. They tried to have a national sports report and such, but it didn't make a dent in ESPN's ratings.

boutons_deux
12-05-2010, 07:14 AM
I think Fox Sports has always lost money, it certainly was losing a couple years ago.

The need pitbull bitch, showing lots of floppy cleavage, doing the hockey shows.

BlackSwordsMan
12-05-2010, 11:25 AM
after they booted tom arnold from best damn no one cared

Jacob1983
12-05-2010, 10:09 PM
FOX Sports is national. FOX Sports Net is regional. The only highlight show that FSN has is The Final Score and it's basically just highlights and scores. What's wrong with regional sports networks?

Darrin
12-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Remember they had a show like SportsCenter with all the scores and highlights each night???And they had the Best Damn Sports Show Period. Now it is just local games aka Spurs games and shitty, shitty wacked out sports type shows and lame ass Big 12 college weekly shows. When the fuck did Fox Sports go regional and stop trying to compete with ESPN on a cable channel level?

About 2004 and 2005 they canceled the Nightly Sports Report and, at least here in Detroit, we had a local Sports Report. The Best Damn Sports Show Period became a highlight show (100 greatest sports moments, etc.) in 2007 or 2008 and has, thankfully, been canceled.

They have that 30-minute highlight show on every morning. And they now have Dan Patrick. ESPN stole all their good anchors and commentators. Steven A. Smith and Michael Irvin are two examples. The Worldwide Leader would see what was working on Fox and simply open the pocketbook to have it on their network.

They outlasted CNN Sports Channel and Versus can't compete with them. They are consistently number 2. They had to contend with Turner's NBA TV and the NFL Network. Fox Sports nationally still has the World Series and NFC Football games.

I find most of their programming unwatchable. But I'd rather watch Fox Sports than Versus.

Nathan Explosion
12-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Who really watches Fox Sports for highlights anyway? I don't even watch Sportscenter for highlights and scores.

If I want scores, there are numerous sports sites, ESPN.com included. If I want highlights, there's the same sites or Youtube.

I'm surprised Sportscenter isn't struggling either. I guess it has to do with habits.

DMX7
12-06-2010, 01:28 AM
A lot of people watch Sportscenter for highlights.

The Best Damn Sports Show Period was ok at first then it got old and stale really quickly. John Sally is the worst. I couldn't stand him.