PDA

View Full Version : Spurs may have head coach vacancy

GSH
12-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I was in Peter Holt's office yesterday. He was very upset about the team losing their third game of the season. He said that he was losing sleep, and didn't know what to do. The janitor was emptying the waste baskets and said, "The problem is the coach. You need to get some advice from people with no basketball experience at all."

So Holt promoted the janitor to Director of Basketbal Operations on the spot. Then he asked me to go directly to SpursTalk to look for some coaching ideas. On the way out of the building, I had to stop and tell Popovich about the new direction the team was taking. His only response was, "Thank God. I'm totally lost here. Even more than usual."

On the drive home, I got a call from the Spurs' new Director of Basketball Operations. He told me not to be surprised if there were already a dozen or so threads discussing all the things Pop is doing wrong. I have to say - that guy is amazing. It's hard to believe he was a janitor yesterday morning.

I gathered up all the great coaching suggestions I could find, and reported back them back to Peter Holt. And boy is he pissed at Pop. Especially about the Tiago Splitter situation. It turns out, Holt didn't even know that Pop had signed Splitter this season. You can expect some big changes in the way the team is run in the immediate future, and hopefully that will get this W-L record straightened out. Just in case, some of you should probably send in your resume for the head coach job.

biskvito
12-05-2010, 10:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MVl5N.jpg

Bartleby
12-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I see a lot of "popologist" and "popsucker" accusations from gray posters in your future.

Calavera
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
what? Am I the only one who think that's funny?

sananspursfan21
12-05-2010, 01:03 PM
what? Am I the only one who think that's funny?

i thought it was funny

Stand
12-05-2010, 01:16 PM
har har har

Dex
12-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I can't possibly imagine why people would discuss Spurs players, strategies, and tactics on a Spurs message board.

Apparently we need to get Pop and Coach Bud to sign up so we can listen to their suggestions instead.

Going onto a sports forum and calling people armchair coaches is like going into McDonald's and calling people fat.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Budenholzer. He's just waiting for Pop to retire.

Chomag
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Yep, they should just close down the site becuase people discuss things on a discussion bored.:rolleyes

Do it!

Seriously get over yourselves.

Why not just go make your own site where only YOU can talk about what YOU like, and where know one else can have their own opinion?

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-05-2010, 02:08 PM
tee heee heee

Mister Sinister
12-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Cool story, bro.

Trill Clinton
12-05-2010, 02:39 PM
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/MABOcho/2h3v9jd.gif

Fabbs
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Sidesplitting.

Come and enjoy some raspberry chocolate chip cookies.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4795305

JR21
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Lmao

ducks
12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
coach chumpDUMBER is excited and dreaming about it

Fabbs
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
coach chumpDUMBER is excited and dreaming about it
:toast
or coach RumpHumper. :lol

Chachachango
12-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Nice, I wonder who he will hire. Maybe somebody with calf tats, that will make the team tougher. I hope who ever is the coach gets rid of Udoka and trades timmy for lebron.

jag
12-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Yep, they should just close down the site becuase people discuss things on a discussion bored.:rolleyes

Do it!

Why not just go make your own site where only YOU can talk about what YOU like, and where know one else can have their own opinion?

If all the good posters went to a different site, then who would provide the comedic basketball takes?

angelbelow
12-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I heard both Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Larry Brown are all available and willing to combine their bodies to become one person in order to coach the Spurs. But because they all love Pop, they are going to keep Pop by absorbing his body too. This franchise is incredibly lucky to have something like this happen.

ChuckD
12-05-2010, 05:39 PM

Do it!

It's not really just a matter of free discussion. Fire Pop conversation is the equivalent of jacking to that super model poster. You're never going to pull that, so go and find another nice ordinary girl that you can get into the pants of. It's better than jacking off.

Why frustrate yourself? It's pointless. Pop isn't going anywhere until he wants to.

UnWantedTheory
12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
LoL...I am loving this thread. Dont stop.

easjer
12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
It's not really just a matter of free discussion. Fire Pop conversation is the equivalent of jacking to that super model poster. You're never going to pull that, so go and find another nice ordinary girl that you can get into the pants of. It's better than jacking off.

Why frustrate yourself? It's pointless. Pop isn't going anywhere until he wants to.

See, that response is funnier (like the original post) than mine was going to be.

I was simply going to point out that disagreeing on any side of the argument is the same thing. But this? Quality.

UnWantedTheory
12-05-2010, 06:46 PM
See, that response is funnier (like the original post) than mine was going to be.

I was simply going to point out that disagreeing on any side of the argument is the same thing. But this? Quality.
I thought it was pretty hilarious myself.

Hemotivo
12-05-2010, 06:46 PM
where's PJ Carlesimo?

silverblackfan
12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Good stuff. Shame that Pop had to lose his job before the front office started listening solely to the forums. Think of the consistent direction and focus the team will gain from this!

spurspokesman
12-05-2010, 07:37 PM

Do it!

Couldn't have said it better. Some people up here really need to get over themselves. Difference of opinion