PDA

View Full Version : Mavs vs Spurs in the first round again?

MavFan6488
12-05-2010, 12:55 PM
it doesn't look like it (thank god!)..not that i'm scared of them..i'm just soo tired of this matchup...

okc or utah in round 1 would be nice...i'm not saying it would be easy..there will be no easy matchup in the west..

tdunk21
12-05-2010, 01:07 PM
it doesn't look like it (thank god!)..not that i'm scared of them..i'm just soo tired of this matchup...

okc or utah in round 1 would be nice...i'm not saying it would be easy..there will be no easy matchup in the west..

yeah right......

rickross
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
yeah right......

lol suns.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-05-2010, 01:50 PM
It's only November. The Playoff spots and records will be a lot different in 4 months.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
lol suns.

Please, suns were fucking DUE a series win against us, if nothing else.

This shit, on the other hand........

not that i'm scared of them

yeah, uh-huh, sure :lmao

DPG21920
12-05-2010, 03:24 PM
This is a relevant thread in December.

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I can see what you're saying. This rivalry takes far more energy out of the fans, rather than the actual players. You honestly the players dislike each other? Sure, both are aware at the skill level of the other, and both teams respect each other.

I don't care what anyone says though, Spurs and Mavericks is the best rivalry in the NBA, because it's a respectable one. & if the Mavericks take our No.1 spot tonight, It'll be fun watching the Spurs fight to get it back, not that either team cares about the seed this early anyways.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM

:lol you do sound scared...............why?? is my question:lol

4>0rings
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Only way it would happen is if the Mavs get the 8th seed.

Cry Havoc
12-05-2010, 06:31 PM
I can see what you're saying. This rivalry takes far more energy out of the fans, rather than the actual players. You honestly the players dislike each other? Sure, both are aware at the skill level of the other, and both teams respect each other.

The only Mavs player I have no respect for is Terry. He talks too much trash and focuses on showboating too much, and he's far too inconsistent of a shooter.

I honestly think both teams have a healthy fear of what the other is capable of, although the Mavs fear the Spurs, and the Spurs are more only worried about Dirk shooting 90%.

cobbler
12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
This is a relevant thread in December.

Friggen BRILLIANT take!!!!! :toast

DPG21920
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Friggen BRILLIANT take!!!!! :toast

Cobbler. Please, only commend me when I deserve it. I don't want to be babied. I want to learn from you.

What is your take on the subject?

Also, what is "Friggen"?

TD 21
12-05-2010, 06:45 PM

Same. We've seen it so many times . . . at some point, if they have to go through each other, great, but 1st round, I want to see someone the Spurs either haven't seen in a while or haven't seen period.

I'd be very surprised if the Spurs were eliminated in the 1st round, but there's always a chance. If that happens and all I get to see of them in the playoffs is the Mavs (again), I'd be annoyed.

I haven't actually thought about who I'd like to see the Spurs play, but off the top of my head, maybe the Trail Blazers. It's been a long time.

cobbler
12-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Cobbler. Please, only commend me when I deserve it. I don't want to be babied. I want to learn from you.

What is your take on the subject?

Also, what is "Friggen"?

No take on the topic. Just thought I would take this month of December and point out every non basketball post I see from you. I am only emulating. Carry on!

Lukor
12-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Same. We've seen it so many times . . . at some point, if they have to go through each other, great, but 1st round, I want to see someone the Spurs either haven't seen in a while or haven't seen period.

I'd be very surprised if the Spurs were eliminated in the 1st round, but there's always a chance. If that happens and all I get to see of them in the playoffs is the Mavs (again), I'd be annoyed.

I haven't actually thought about who I'd like to see the Spurs play, but off the top of my head, maybe the Trail Blazers. It's been a long time.

Yeah 3 times in 3years would be stupid...not to mention all the other times they have met in this decade. On the other hand the Mavs havent played the Lakers once in recent years.

DPG21920
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
So you are emulating me. I'm at a loss for words right now.

I am shocked to see you have no take on a topic with regards to basketball. That is not like you.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Mavs vs. Lakers and Spurs vs. Thunder in the semis would be pretty entertaining..

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 07:19 PM
scared as fuck.

12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
would like to see an old fashioned jazz v spurs series. mavs v. lakers is something i really want to see.

Xevious
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I hope to avoid the Mavs in the first round. Not that it isn't fun to watch, but these are the two best teams in the west besides the Lakers IMO. The longer they can avoid each other, the greater the chance one of them tires or knocks off the Lakers.

Agloco
12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Only after LA has been eliminated by one of them. I'd feel robbed if they met in the first round again, regardless of the outcome.

ezau
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Not again. The Spurs and Mavs should avoid each other at all costs because these are the only teams in the West that have a chance of taking down the Lakers.

I would love to see Mavs match up against the Lakers. Let's see what PJ will do to contain Dirk.

dbestpro
12-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. It does get kind of old knocking the Mavs out early year after year. Don't worry. If the Spurs don't then some other lower seed will.

200 miles
12-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Not again. The Spurs and Mavs should avoid each other at all costs because these are the only teams in the West that have a chance of taking down the Lakers.

I would love to see Mavs match up against the Lakers. Let's see what PJ will do to contain Dirk.

+1

A Mavs-Lakers WCSF series would be very interesting to watch, especially the battle between the frontlines.

200 miles
12-06-2010, 01:05 AM
You are a class A jackass if you think we letting you have 1st.

If you've checked the standings, you would think that "you" or the Fakers are no position to dictate the destiny of a team with the best record in the league.

midnightpulp
12-06-2010, 01:13 AM
vanilla:rolleyes

Lakers are meh without the cereal eater anchoring the paint. And even if he returns, there's no guarantee he'll provide the kind of impact you're expecting. The guy is a habitual underachiever with chronic injuries. An aftershock from the 94 Northridge quake will likely put his down with yet another injury. That's how fragile your savior is.

No Bynum, second round exit.

midnightpulp
12-06-2010, 01:21 AM
:blah

You guys are afraid of Bynum. Duncan is putting up worse numbers than Bynum. I know this worries you. When the injuries start to set in you fair weather Spurs faggots will curse God, especially while you have to watch us win another title.

I understand you're used to other teams having injuries, it's how you guys won the last two titles. A nice, yellow brick road path to the titles while contending teams suffered key injuries. KG, Nelson, Yao, Perkins, but just because that's been the current trend, doesn't mean it'll continue.

If all the top teams stay healthy, something that hasn't happened since 2008, the Lakers ain't winning shit this year.

200 miles
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I understand you're used to other teams having injuries, it's how you guys won the last two titles. A nice, yellow brick road path to the titles while contending teams suffered key injuries. KG, Nelson, Yao, Perkins, but just because that's been the current trend, doesn't mean it'll continue.

If all the top teams stay healthy, something that hasn't happened since 2008, the Lakers ain't winning shit this year.

Don't forget Mehmet Okur - twice.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Yes, first round against Mavs is a no for me. I'd rather have Mavericks go up against Lakers or something in the first round. Spurs with OKC or Utah like other users said.

SpursDynasty85
12-07-2010, 01:20 AM
I agree in that the Spurs vs Mavs rivalry is one of the best in sports. The teams play each other fiercely and compliment each other nicely the way rivalries should. Hopefully the Spurs meet the Mavs in the Western Conference finals so we can make another classic like the 2006 series

I'm new to the forum but I wonder how lucky the Mavs fans feel to be handed the Western Conference trophies by an idiot referee group that calls pinky finger fouls on Dirk but lets Duncan get mauled by Dampier and Diop. But thats another discussion for another thread I s'pose. :/

21_Blessings
12-07-2010, 01:26 AM

You guys are about as delusional as Rocket fan was this summer.

:lmao @ Dirk trying to defend Pau

#2!
12-07-2010, 01:36 AM
:lmao @ Dirk trying to defend Pau

Only if Bynum is available. Otherwise Dirk would probably take Lamar Odom, and Pau would be left to go against Chandler in the post. That would be a good "great offense vs. great defense" matchup within the series.

21_Blessings
12-07-2010, 02:03 AM
Only if Bynum is available. Otherwise Dirk would probably take Lamar Odom, and Pau would be left to go against Chandler in the post. That would be a good "great offense vs. great defense" matchup within the series.

He will be. I personally, guarantee it.

Playoff Dirk is the last thing any franchise should be worrying about to be completely and normally honest. Maybe a defensive genius like Nelly could draw up a scheme for Phil or something.

MavDynasty
12-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm new to the forum but I wonder how lucky the Mavs fans feel to be handed the Western Conference trophies by an idiot referee group that calls pinky finger fouls on Dirk but lets Duncan get mauled by Dampier and Diop. But thats another discussion for another thread I s'pose. :/

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao still asshurt brah? its been 4 years and you still can't get it off your mind?

ElNono
12-07-2010, 10:13 AM
He will be. I personally, guarantee it.

Backdoor motherfucking sweep! dayum!

SpursDynasty85
12-07-2010, 12:43 PM
:lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao still asshurt brah? its been 4 years and you still can't get it off your mind?

MavDynasty <----- :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao funny name :lmao:lmao:lmao