PDA

View Full Version : Bowl selection special

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Starts tonight at 7. Any certain matchups you guys are looking forward to seeing?

The BCS bowls are kinda weak this year with UConn getting a bid and all that.

Other than the NC game. A TCU/Wisconsin matchup is very intriguing to me and would be the next best BCS game. If Oklahoma draws Uconn than it will be a 28-0 game after the 1st quarter.... UConn beat South Florida last night and didn't even score an offensive touchdown.

Everyone says LSU is a lock for Cotton which is probably true but I guess well see..

The Reckoning
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM
TCU usually has one of the most stout run-defenses in the nation, so it should be pretty awesome.

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Anyone going to set up or interested in a SpursTalk College Bowl Mania or College Pick 'em? I know we did a March Madness one...

Brutalis
12-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Anyone going to set up or interested in a SpursTalk College Bowl Mania or College Pick 'em? I know we did a March Madness one...

I would be.

I just posted in the A&M to the Cotton Bowl thread that LSU fans are telling me their school accepted the invite to play in the Cotton.

I'm happy A&M did so well, they really helped the Hogs SOS.

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I would be.

I just posted in the A&M to the Cotton Bowl thread that LSU fans are telling me their school accepted the invite to play in the Cotton.

I'm happy A&M did so well, they really helped the Hogs SOS.

I don't see anything on tigerdroppings about them accepting an invite. Most are still delusional about getting a sugar bowl invite :lol

Brutalis
12-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't see anything on tigerdroppings about them accepting an invite. Most are still delusional about getting a sugar bowl invite :lol

It was a couple guys in my town. I didn't ask em how they knew.

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I actually do see something now. Hopefully its true, should be a good matchup for us.

Brutalis
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I think so too. I just think personally Alabama would be too much to handle in that match up.

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
I think so too. I just think personally Alabama would be too much to handle in that match up.

It's hard to say seeing that we are undefeated since the QB change. LSU should be a good measurement on where we actually stand. Our team is a lot different than what we were in the beginning of this season, much like how Arkansas has continually improved.

Brutalis
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
It's hard to say seeing that we are undefeated since the QB change. LSU should be a good measurement on where we actually stand. Our team is a lot different than what we were in the beginning of this season, much like how Arkansas has continually improved.

I know. Beating you guys by a TD+XP showed the Hog fans how much you guys did improved. However we did play an ugly game in executing plays and simple stupid penalties. I think we came into the game with an ego not expecting a fight from TAMU.

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I know. Beating you guys by a TD+XP showed the Hog fans how much you guys did improved. However we did play an ugly game in executing plays and simple stupid penalties. I think we came into the game with an ego not expecting a fight from TAMU.

Definitely. I think both teams are a lot different today than when we faced each other earlier this season.

A&M is very young and has a lot of talent coming back. Only 3 or 4 seniors who are leaving that have been getting significant PT. How does Arkansas look next year with Mallett gone?

Brutalis
12-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Definitely. I think both teams are a lot different today than when we faced each other earlier this season.

A&M is very young and has a lot of talent coming back. Only 3 or 4 seniors who are leaving that have been getting significant PT. How does Arkansas look next year with Mallett gone?

Well we have our best recruiting class coming in-in years. All big defensive speedy players over 6 feet tall. 24 verbals atm and a handful of studs. BP recruits players he likes and wants, not by stars, but we were ranked in the top 20 last I checked in recruiting regardless to that fact.

Basketball Hogs have the #4 class suiting up next year, but that's beside the point.

Everything is on the up for our programs. If the NFL has a lockout (which i hope they do as i don't care for pro whiney ass bitch football) Mallett will be back.

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Top 10
1.Auburn
2.Oregon
3.TCU
4.Stanford
5.Wisconsin
6.Ohio State
7.Oklahoma
8.Arkansas
9.Michigan State
10.LSU

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Yup. OU/UConn. fucking embarrassing tbh.

Stanford should also take care of Vatech IMO.

LakerHater
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/BCS-Bowl-Games-Schedule-2010-2011

jack sommerset
12-05-2010, 09:43 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/BCS-Bowl-Games-Schedule-2010-2011

Where is the rest of the match-ups, I don't see the Longhorns,,,,,

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
lol nebraska/washington again.

JMarkJohns
12-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Was gonna go to the Fiesta Bowl again, but this matchup sucks ass. I don't care about Stoops' horrible record in BCS games, Oklahoma is gonna kill UConn by four touchdowns, I'm quite certain. Not paying $100 to witness that.

DesignatedT
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Definitely. The fact that the big least gets an automatic bid is a joke.

the whole bcs is a joke.