PDA

View Full Version : It is written III.

Rummpd
05-25-2005, 09:40 PM
God am I tired.

Sat after a late meeting in a TGIF in Baltimore after a late night meeting with work, and watched game on poor quality big screen. Then drove 100 miles home until 2:30 AM elated by a most valuable victory fighting fatigue slugging coffee and trying to pick up ESPN or other radio on the black hole of the PA turnpike. It was worth it, especially as I had got to hear two morons at TGIF scream into the set that the Suns had cost them $$$!

On the way home, "The "Brick" among others called this series toast while ESPN pulled the predictable BS about the "tragic loss of finals ratings".

The truth = Spurs are in a great place after a gritty effort that overcame horrible offiiciating on Tim and showed class = many teams fight back but cannot get over the hump. Spurs did so, showed championship mettle now x 2 in this series, and sit awfully pretty.

Is it over? First 15 minutes of game three will tell that for sure.

My gut feeling is yes as well = I believe that this time the Spurs will come out under "home cooking" (contrary to what happened last year or in the Sonics series) and put forth another concerted first quarter effort.

As such, it will not be long before the Suns 56% BS in AZ turns to 47% on the road. Spurs ,despite some fitful stretches will gradually pull away and lock up a commanding lead. Unless Spurs go ice, this one will not be as close - 10 point minimum win.

Suns will start again fast in game 4, Pop will go ballistic and Spurs deep bench will pull out win in # 4 with starters coming back in later and pulling it away. This will be a blessing in disguise as some of the bench gets some key needed minutes heading off to the finals.

What had been a six game series is looking like a sweep.

It is written (III) by a tired fan/scribe.