PDA

View Full Version : Amare's neck tattoos.

SpursFanDan
05-25-2005, 09:47 PM
What exactly do they say?... I know the right side of his neck says something along the lines of "black jesus".... is he suggesting that Jesus is black?... or that he's black jesus? I was wondering if the left side of his neck says something ridiculous like his right.

E20
05-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Jesus was middle eastern.............this generations term: Sand ######
(And no I am not calling Jesus a sand ######.)

angel_luv
05-25-2005, 09:54 PM
I was wondering about that tattoo. I've never gotten it.

EasilyAmused
05-25-2005, 09:55 PM
if the left side of his neck says something ridiculous like his right.

aww come on! Why would it be a ridiculous statement?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah, seriously, how can someone tell if Jesus is black of white. In fact jesus was middle eastern so he PROBABLy was neither white nor black but dark skined.

midgetonadonkey
05-25-2005, 10:03 PM
i think he has a tat somewhere that says STAT cause he "puts up stats" or so he says
i don't know if its the one on his neck though

SpursFanDan
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
i think he has a tat somewhere that says STAT cause he "puts up stats" or so he says

maybe he could change it to STAT and still lost.

AZLouis
05-25-2005, 10:07 PM
The other says Lord Made. Of course meaning that god made him who he is and gave him his abilities.

Dre_7
05-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Jesus was middle eastern. Brown skin (not white, not black) brown hair, brown eyes.

Anyways, if he is saying that he is the "black Jesus" I dont know how that could be taken as anything but stupid cockyness. But does anyone know what it really means??

Amuseddaysleeper
05-25-2005, 10:09 PM

but you are calling all middle easterns sand ######s, no?

midgetonadonkey
05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
i don't want to start a whole religious think but there is no proof that jesus actually existed. so it doesn't matter what color anyone thinks he is...

AZLouis
05-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Jesus did exist.

"Don't f### with the Jesus man!"

Jesus
The Big Lewbowski

E20
05-25-2005, 10:16 PM
but you are calling all middle easterns sand ######s, no?
No, I never stated that I called them that but, my generation has made a whole new racial vocabulary. I could give a list but, that would be too inapporiate. I have for repsect everybody's ethnicity, religon etc. and judge a person on he/she acts. And sometimes like to poke in a little friendly racial humor at myself and my friends. Now back to the topic on tatoos. Amare is stupid for getting tat's on his neck what a pain. :rolleyes

T Park
05-25-2005, 10:43 PM
tats on the neck are the dumbest thing since, since,

well

tatoos period.

cbrown
05-25-2005, 11:19 PM
I believe it's from Spike Lee's movie "He Got Game", one of the basketball players was nicknamed Black Jesus.

tsb2000
05-25-2005, 11:36 PM
I know what Amare's tattoos say on his neck. One side reads "Black Jesus," the other reads "Lord knows." :)

slayermin
05-26-2005, 12:28 AM
I know what Amare's tattoos say on his neck. One side reads "Black Jesus," the other reads "Lord knows."

Those are both Tupac songs. Maybe he's a Tupac fan.

Binji
05-26-2005, 04:29 AM
What exactly do they say?... I know the right side of his neck says something along the lines of "black jesus".... is he suggesting that Jesus is black?... or that he's black jesus? I was wondering if the left side of his neck says something ridiculous like his right.
I believe Jesus was greenish with purple dots.

Dre_7
05-26-2005, 04:47 AM
i don't want to start a whole religious think but there is no proof that jesus actually existed. so it doesn't matter what color anyone thinks he is...

Actually, wheather or not you believe Jesus was the Son of God, it is a known fact that he existed! That is for sure.

BronxCowboy
05-26-2005, 07:51 AM
my generation has made a whole new racial vocabulary.

You're sixteen, right? The racial slur that you used in this thread was around before "your generation" was even born. And nobody cares where it came from anyway, it's disrespectful, not funny. You probably deserve some slack because you're young, so I'm just going to say that you really don't want to grow up to be an ignorant bigot. It's not cool.

BronxCowboy
05-26-2005, 07:55 AM
As for what color Jesus was, why do people start acting funny when someone suggests he might have been black? True, he most likely looked like any other Middle Eastern man of his era, but I don't hear any of you getting your panties in a wad because you saw some picture in a book that showed Jesus as a white man. He probably wasn't white either, so why is it OK for white people to take liberties and think of him as similar to themselves, but not black people?

*disclaimer* I don't know what the tattoo meant, either, and I do think Amare is arrogant.

Taco
05-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Amare's neck tattoos...What exactly do they say?...

"Eat at Joe's"

Clandestino
05-26-2005, 08:44 AM
to clear up confusion I had some friends at the National Security Agency look into it and see what is written. they used their fancy computers and here is what they came up with:

http://img283.echo.cx/img283/6237/stoudemire1700304243ka.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

DJREN12
05-26-2005, 08:45 AM
tats read" SPURS OWNED"

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-26-2005, 08:50 AM
The two read "Mr. Push-ups" and "No D 4ever"

angel_luv
05-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I know what Amare's tattoos say on his neck. One side reads "Black Jesus," the other reads "Lord knows." :)

I like the last one. But seems to me that if Amare wanted to remember that, he picked a strange place to put his " post- it" note. :lol

angel_luv
05-26-2005, 08:54 AM
tattoo's are ritualistic paganistic idol worship.

amare the pagan.

and our guys who have them?????

nkdlunch
05-26-2005, 09:09 AM
tattoo's are ritualistic paganistic idol worship.

amare the pagan.

Tatoos have been around since prehistoric ages. I'm sure your ancestors had tatoos.

MiNuS
05-26-2005, 09:24 AM
to clear up confusion I had some friends at the National Security Agency look into it and see what is written. they used their fancy computers and here is what they came up with:

http://img283.echo.cx/img283/6237/stoudemire1700304243ka.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Manny? When did Manu's wife come into the picture?

ObiwanGinobili
05-26-2005, 09:44 AM
i don't get the neck tattoo..
i mean. ow!
plus you can NEVER hide the dang thing.

I got one on my hip bone, it hurt, but if I don't want my empolyers, church, grandparents to see it ... they can't.

is the whole point of the neck tat to show waht a *badA55* you think you are??

Summers
05-26-2005, 09:55 AM
i don't get the neck tattoo..
i mean. ow!
plus you can NEVER hide the dang thing.

I got one on my hip bone, it hurt, but if I don't want my empolyers, church, grandparents to see it ... they can't.

is the whole point of the neck tat to show waht a *badA55* you think you are??

Tattoos are artwork and some people don't want to hide them. :) I have a beautiful reproduction of my son's footprint from the day he was born on my foot. I'd be happy if I never had to wear shoes again so everyone can see it.

AZLouis
05-26-2005, 09:56 AM
If you guys want to know more about Amare click here: http://www.thatsamare.com/amare/index.html

There is a Q&A and he is asked who the toughest player in the NBA is to guard. His answer, Tim Duncan. You guys should like that.

Here is a listing of his tattoos: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/columns/articles/1130p2main1130.html

bigbendbruisebrother
05-26-2005, 11:29 AM
The two read "Mr. Push-ups" and "No D 4ever"

You may be right, but I could've sworn the one on the left side of his neck said, "Insert brain here," followed by an erect arrow. I'll have to pause and zoom on Saturday.

GoSpurs21
05-26-2005, 12:13 PM
i don't want to start a whole religious think but there is no proof that jesus actually existed. so it doesn't matter what color anyone thinks he is...actually Jesus' death was documented by the Romans as all of the official crusifixions in the Roman empire were. So your statement is bullshit.

As for Amare's tatoos...he needs one that says, I cant play defense to save my life and I disappear in the last 2 minutes of ball games

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-26-2005, 12:15 PM
How big do you think this guy's neck is?

vezvez
06-30-2007, 07:26 AM
angel_luv you are not loved by all, I hate you and your
ugly make up covered face and fat behind.

One says "Black Jesus" other one say "Manu Nanu"
meaning he is the second coming, and Manu is a alien,
there is one on his shoulder that says "Bowen's Owner"
which is wrong in my opinion, Bowen is Stern's Slave,
another on his chest that Says "Manu Tony Duncan"
one under it says "Monajetua....O La La" meaning
spur players are gay and have 3 somes. Pop probably
is the reason for the tatto, since he is gay too.

San Antonio Spurs fighting for gay rights, march this july
4th in mexico, across the rio grand, were manu, tony,
and duncan will get it on .. all night long....

Shred
06-30-2007, 07:59 AM

Paging Johnny Ringo....

mbass
06-30-2007, 08:30 AM
You may be right, but I could've sworn the one on the left side of his neck said, "Insert brain here," followed by an erect arrow. I'll have to pause and zoom on Saturday.

On first read I could have sworn the above said " Insert brain here - eject here" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Flight3107
06-30-2007, 08:40 AM

No STAT does not mean "putting up stats", it stands for Standing Tall And Talented

sa_butta
06-30-2007, 08:47 AM
http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Talladega_Nights_The_Ballad_Of_Ricky_Bobby&quote=babyjesus.txt&file=babyjesus.wav

tsb2000
06-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I heard he may have just got a new tat that said "Rob's Bitch," but that's just a rumor. :lmao

drmvp
06-30-2007, 10:40 AM
The other tattoo says, 'Black Maharaj'. :p:

drmvp
06-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Hello. I've signed up here for the singular purpose of directing immature, childish hate toward an esteemed and lovely member of SpursTalk. I resent being a freckled, red-headed midget and knowing that she is way, way out of my league.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a freckled, red-headed midget. She may be out of your league, but just remember that God loves you too.

hsxvvd
06-30-2007, 12:18 PM
"Don't leave the bench"

spurastic
06-30-2007, 12:26 PM
.....But seems to me that if Amare wanted to remember that, he picked a strange place to put his " post- it" note. :lol :lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin

HJNTX
06-30-2007, 01:52 PM
I thought it read, "OWNED!"

saporvida
06-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I believe it's from Spike Lee's movie "He Got Game", one of the basketball players was nicknamed Black Jesus.

no one of the bballers, that being ray allen, was not named black jesus but was names jesus. HE GOT GAME! i love that movie.

LakerLanny
06-30-2007, 02:25 PM

That is awesome.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-30-2007, 02:37 PM
no one of the bballers, that being ray allen, was not named black jesus but was names jesus. HE GOT GAME! i love that movie.

Jesus Schuttleworth.

ATXSPUR
06-30-2007, 03:45 PM
As for what color Jesus was, why do people start acting funny when someone suggests he might have been black? True, he most likely looked like any other Middle Eastern man of his era, but I don't hear any of you getting your panties in a wad because you saw some picture in a book that showed Jesus as a white man. He probably wasn't white either, so why is it OK for white people to take liberties and think of him as similar to themselves, but not black people?

*disclaimer* I don't know what the tattoo meant, either, and I do think Amare is arrogant.

Best two consecutive posts of the thread.

Shred
06-30-2007, 04:57 PM

Duncan went on to the court, too.

Shred
06-30-2007, 05:01 PM
This thread is a classic. Not a week after Spur fans call out Phoenix as "racist," we get posts about "######s" and black men being "owned." AWESOME. :downspin:

YoMamaIsCallin
06-30-2007, 05:36 PM
The original Black Jesus was Earl "the Pearl" Monroe.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
This thread is a classic. Not a week after Spur fans call out Phoenix as "racist," we get posts about "######s" and black men being "owned." AWESOME. :downspin:
Are you retarded or something? Did you not read E20's following post at all?

Shred
06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Are you retarded or something? Did you not read E20's following post at all?

Yeah, I think it was along the lines of, "I don't use the word, but SOME people call 'em ######s." :rolleyes

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I think it was along the lines of, "I don't use the word, but SOME people call 'em ######s." :rolleyes
No, he said that a common derogatory term for a middle-eastern person was sand ######, though he doesn't use it. What's your point?

Findog
06-30-2007, 08:12 PM

STAT - Standing Tall and Talented

Johnny RIngo
06-30-2007, 11:25 PM
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/1468/weownyoude2.jpg

Southeasttexas
06-30-2007, 11:29 PM
tats on the neck are the dumbest thing since, since,

well

tatoos period.

WORD!!! :clap :clap :clap

OldDirtMcGirt
06-30-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure that tattoos on the neck would really hurt. The only tattoo I got that hurt (I have a couple on each bicep, one on my forearm and calf, and one on my back) was when they went over my spine. That hurt like all hell, but the rest were fine.

Shred
07-01-2007, 07:11 AM
No, he said that a common derogatory term for a middle-eastern person was sand ######, though he doesn't use it. What's your point?

"Some people call Hispanics 'spics' and 'wetbacks.' Some might say Jews are greedy, sneaky, and good with money. However, I don't." WTF?

word
07-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah, seriously, how can someone tell if Jesus is black of white. In fact jesus was middle eastern so he PROBABLy was neither white nor black but dark skined.

Uhmmm.....Jesus was a jew. Mystery solved !!

Sec24Row7
07-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I think Black Jews were few and far between back then... heh

Leetonidas
07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
"Some people call Hispanics 'spics' and 'wetbacks.' Some might say Jews are greedy, sneaky, and good with money. However, I don't." WTF?
And that's all true...

I don't see your point. He was acknowledging racist terms but not condoning them. :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
This thread is a classic. Not a week after Spur fans call out Phoenix as "racist," we get posts about "######s" and black men being "owned." AWESOME. :downspin:hey jockstrap, you do realize this thread is from 2005, right? and E20 specified what he meant, if you want to make a big fucking deal about the issue, its because you are the one with the "issue".

Shred
07-01-2007, 12:47 PM
hey jockstrap, you do realize this thread is from 2005, right? and E20 specified what he meant, if you want to make a big fucking deal about the issue, its because you are the one with the "issue".

Yes, I have an "issue" with people spouting racism.

Shred
07-01-2007, 12:49 PM
And that's all true...

I don't see your point. He was acknowledging racist terms but not condoning them. :rolleyes

EssaySpur1001's Guide to Avoid Being Called a Racist While Being Racist:

NOT OK:
"Those are some nappy-headed hoes."

OK:
"Some might say those are some nappy-headed hoes."

dg7md
07-01-2007, 01:00 PM

NOT OK:

OK:

I know what you're saying but "nappy-headed hoes" is not a RACIST term.

Leetonidas
07-01-2007, 02:58 PM

NOT OK:

OK:
Shred's Guide To Being a Dumbass:

1. Become a Phoenix Suns fan.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 03:00 PM

:lol

NorCal510
07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Jesus is white.

He is also jewish.

cecil collins
07-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Jesus is white.

He is also jewish.
I think he is dead.

cecil collins
07-01-2007, 03:19 PM
That's just looking for racism where it doesn't exist. If you've been on sports forums at all you've seen any number of players, teams, and other members being "owned." It has nothing to do with Amare being black. Racism is still prevalent in society, but not in this example. BTW, Amare is pretty damn impressive against the Spurs.

rob5
07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Wasn't Jesus a jew??

Viva Las Espuelas
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
i don't want to start a whole religious think but there is no proof that jesus actually existed. so it doesn't matter what color anyone thinks he is...you must be a Da Vinci lover. It's funny that people believe that. Wasn't Da Vinci born in the 14 or 1700's. Which means 14 or 1700 years AFTER the Death of Christ. What info was he privy to? These people make me laugh.

Johnny RIngo
07-02-2007, 08:54 PM

LOL Arizona is the stupidest state in the nation afterall. Can't expect much intelligence from a desert full of xenophobic old white people.

Money316
07-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Jesus did exist.

"Don't f### with the Jesus man!"

Jesus
The Big Lewbowski
Your post is as stupid as the tatoo.