PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Tony Parker reminds us all that he’s still a top point guard

duncan228
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Tony Parker reminds us all that he’s still a top point guard (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/)
by Andrew A. McNeill
48 Minutes of Hell

AT&T CENTER — Both the captains of their teams, Tony Parker and Chris Paul met face-to-face at center court for the first time on a night of the two men attempting to mirror each other up and down the AT&T Center floor. Pleasantries were exchanged and instructions given by NBA officials just before tip-off of the San Antonio Spurs’ 109-84 win over the New Orleans Hornets (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/san-antonio-spurs-109-new-orleans-hornets-84).

The meeting concluded and Tim Duncan, Parker’s co-captain, ran to the front of the team’s layup line — making sure to mess with Sean Elliott, doing the pre-game TV broadcast, on the way. Normally three steps behind Duncan, Parker lingered near mid-court to continue his dialogue with Paul. Two players near the apex of their powers at the NBA’s most important position. Friends and rivals, the pair exchanged some lighthearted trash talk before returning to their respective ends of the floor.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/tony-parker-chris-paul-still-a-top-point-guard#more-11726)

lefty
12-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Ducks:

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/01/SIMON-COWELL-HAPPY-GIF.gif

vander
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
top 15

tp2021
12-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Tony Parker & Manu Ginobili = Best Backcourt in the NBA

Killakobe81
12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Which PG was the the so called best in the NBA last night? Not saying Parker is the best in the NBA or better than cp3, but he was the best PG in the At&T last night ...

TDMVPDPOY
12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
wtf was parker captain of this team?

SpursDynasty85
12-06-2010, 03:39 PM
I agree, Parker never gets his credit. He would definitely rack up more assists if he played in a different system. Our system spreads the assists around very nicely. When Parker plays great D, he can compete with anyone PG in the NBA. Past few seasons, his D has been slipping. I wonder why?

FromWayDowntown
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
wtf was parker captain of this team?

He's been captain of the Spurs -- or at least the guy who accompanies Duncan to center court for pre-game meetings with officials (the guys who do that are generally the team captains) for several years now.

This is not new.

8FOR!3
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM
I've been enjoying Tony Parker this year more than in the past, it's just becoming more clear on certain plays how dominate he can be. He had like one off game, but his defense has stopped up and he's really doing a great job at distributing the ball. Between him, Manu Ginobili, George Hill, Gary Neal, and a healthy James Anderson (if you count him as a guard, Pop was using him a lot as backup SF to start the season,) we've got the best set of guards the NBA has to offer. Hill can be a starter in this league and I think he might prove a lot by getting the 6th man award this year. But we'll see.

lefty
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Parker captain?

ShoogarBear
12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Tony Parker would be rendered mute if the word "aggressive" wasn't in the dictionary.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Tony is always underrated as usual. Always about CP3 or LeBron these days.

lefty
12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Tony is always underrated as usual. Always about CP3 or LeBron these days.
TBH, they are much much better than TP

eric365
12-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Tony Parker would be rendered mute if the word "aggressive" wasn't in the dictionary.

definitely, definitely

FromWayDowntown
12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
definitely, definitely

it's unbelievable

LoneStarState'sPride
12-07-2010, 12:42 PM
TBH, they are much much better than TP

James, yes.

CP3? HELL no. :ihit

spursfan09
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
it's unbelievable

you know?

spursfan09
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh and I think it makes sense that your PG for 10 years is a captain on the team.

eric365
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM
it's unbelievable

Definetely is the 2nd word in the TP's dictionary for those who didnt got the joke.

Should be easy to play scrabble against TP :lol

FromWayDowntown
12-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Definetely is the 2nd word in the TP's dictionary for those who didnt got the joke.

Should be easy to play scrabble against TP :lol

I suspect that somewhere in an interview that Tony has given, there is a sentence that reads something like:

"Definitely, definitely for our team to win, I just have to be aggressive and sometimes play unbelievable."

DJB
12-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Not even top 5 IMO. But he is still the #1 penetrating guard in the NBA, hands down.

...no pun intended.

mathbzh
12-08-2010, 04:20 AM
I suspect that somewhere in an interview that Tony has given, there is a sentence that reads something like:

"Definitely, definitely for our team to win, you know, I just have to be aggressive and sometimes play unbelievable."

Fixed

Nathan Explosion
12-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Name one PG in the league right now who has a resume that can compete with Parker's.

Parker 3 rings 1 Finals MVP
Billups 1 ring 1 Finals MVP
Nash 2 MVPs
Kidd 1 MVP

As far as hardware is concerned, I can't think of a PG in the league with as much hardware as Paker.

Now, the other guys on this list plus Paul and DWill have more All Star appearances. I'd rather take the rings instead of the appearances though.

I'm not saying Parker is the best PG in the league, but he's got to break the Top 5 just based on his accomplishments.

lefty
12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Not even top 5 IMO. But he is still the #1 penetrating guard in the NBA, hands down.

...no pun intended.
Update from Erin Barry: Parker is now the # 1284 penetrating guard in the NBA as of today

DMC
12-09-2010, 04:20 PM

Or "oh definitely".

DMC
12-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I've seen no other PG or player for that matter in the league who seemingly outnumbers the opponent in the fast break when the opponents have the numbers, even 1 on 3 is either a Tony score or trip to the line. Most other PGs pull back or pass out of it. Tony attacks it and finishes at a ridiculously high rate.

SpursDynasty85
12-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I've seen no other PG or player for that matter in the league who seemingly outnumbers the opponent in the fast break when the opponents have the numbers, even 1 on 3 is either a Tony score or trip to the line. Most other PGs pull back or pass out of it. Tony attacks it and finishes at a ridiculously high rate.

I agree. Tony has been getting stuffed a few times this season tho. The refs haven't been holding the whistle on his drives. 06-09 Tony Parker was Sick. He was easily a top 4 pg along with Nash,Paul,Williams. What I liked most about Parker, he competed very well against these guys. Always played hard D and made clutch shots when he needed. Parker is an unselfish scoring gaurd who draws defenders for his teammates to make the 1-2-3 pass to an open shooter. Absolutely underrated because last year's injury and performance. He would put up 9+ assist numbers on any other team along with his 19pts.