PDA

View Full Version : Former SA Express-News Columnist Found Dead

JoeChalupa
12-06-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.ksat.com/news/26038483/detail.html

The San Antonio Express-News is reporting that Carlos Guerra, a former columnist at the San Antonio Express-News, was found dead Monday in Port Aransas.

Officers with the Port Aransas Police Department found Guerra in the one-bedroom condominium where he was staying on Mustang Island, Lt. Darryl Johnson told the Express-News.

The cause of death is unknown.

His body will be transferred to the Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Office, Johnson told the Express-News.

Guerra, 63, retired from the Express-News in 2009.

I met Carlos a few months ago at a gathering for his Scholarship drive and enjoyed reading his column for years. I won "breakfast in bed with Carlos" but was never able to schedule a time and then I hear this sad news.
I'm glad I got to spend some time and drink a few beers with the man who has been an influence and mentor to so many.
RIP

clambake
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
breakfast in bed with carlos?

sounds like you dodged a bullet, if you ask me.

Glenn Holland
12-07-2010, 02:20 AM
holy shit thats a legit contest? win a breakfast in bed? lulzz.

CosmicCowboy
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I knew Carlos casually...he was a good guy. We didn't always agree with each other politically but he was always rational and backed up his takes. He loved to fly fish off the Jetties at Port A...

fatsack
12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
i'm glad someone has something nice to say about him.
and i'll just leave it at that.

mrsmaalox
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
i'm glad someone has something nice to say about him.
and i'll just leave it at that.

:lol I never read his column, but I always knew when my dad was reading his &*@#-ing column.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-07-2010, 06:51 PM
So........what's the story on this dude? Besides the obvious of him not breathing. Why is the whole "It's a shame he died, but........."

:wakeup