PDA

View Full Version : What Chris Sheridan has to say about the Spurs

etbluffer
12-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Chat with Chris Sheridan

Alex (San Antonio)

Are the Spurs still the best Texas team?

Chris Sheridan
(2:40 PM)

Not after losing to the Mavs the way they did. Dallas should pass them in the standings during this upcoming six-game home stretch.

Sean (Boston)

Why are you so down on the Spurs?
Chris Sheridan (2:54 PM)

The loss to the Clips, the loss to the Mavs, and my belief that every time I watch Manu, I'm thinking he might go down any second with another ankle injury. I've watched the guy battle ankle injuries since he had to sit out the gold medal game against Yugoslavia at the 2002 Worlds in Indianapolis.

:wow

DPG21920
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM
It's true imo (not the Manu part). But with the records so close, the Mavs being better defensively and the head to head loss, you have to put the Mavs ahead imo.

jjktkk
12-06-2010, 07:21 PM
I have no problem with Sheridan picking the Mavs right now as the best Texas team. But his comments about worrying about Manu's ankle injuries are ignorant, because the other contenders like Boston with KG's knees, and LAL, with Kobe's and Bynum's knees, are injury risks as well, yet Sheridan didn't bother to mention that, which,IMO, should be mentioned if your gonna be concerned about Manu being a injury risk.

DPG21920
12-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Spurs December schedule is really difficult from here on out. Finishing a few games above .500 would be pretty spectacular.

ChuckD
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Fail. Sheridan has been worried about Manu's ankle since before he entered the league? I don't think so. He probably didn't even know who Manu was, pre-NBA, like 95% of the media.

TheSpursFNRule
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Those are some fucking arrogant comments by that dude. He should go lick a greasy homeless mans scrotum.

TwoHandJam
12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Chat with Chris Sheridan

Alex (San Antonio)

Chris Sheridan

Not after losing to the Mavs the way they did. Dallas should pass them in the standings during this upcoming six-game home stretch.

"Losing to the Mavs the way they did?" You mean losing a single game after reeling off 12 straight and after having played 5 games in 8 nights? Yeah. Just terrible. What a fucking moron.

The Manu comment isn't even worth addressing it's so stupid.

ChuckD
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Spurs December schedule is really difficult from here on out. Finishing a few games above .500 would be pretty spectacular.

Are we looking at the same schedule? I see Dallas and the LAL, and no one else.

ATL? Josh Smith bickering with and ignoring yet another coach.
POR? Coming apart at the seams.

TD 21
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I love how the Spurs aren't allowed to lose. They lose to a bad team, it's cause for concern. They lose to a good team, it's cause for concern. As if they're supposed to never lose a game. Anytime they do, it get's read into.

They could go 81-1 and instead of focusing on the 81, biased clowns like Stein and Sheridan and Broussard and damn near every one of the jackasses at ESPN would focus on the 1 more than they would the 81.

And I'm sick of them all acting like Ginobili is Hill and has injured the same ankle 500 times. I don't hear them pulling this shit with the Lakers constantly, yet Bynum has a significant injury every single season.

Also, why is the Mavs defense (which isn't that much better than the Spurs') the talk of the league all of a sudden? The Spurs once played historically great defense and when they did, the knock was (before it was age, at least) "they lack firepower". Now the Mavs lack firepower, yet it's overlooked.

I can't wait for the playoffs, so I can see this overrated joke Mavs team eliminated no later than the 2nd round . . . for the umpteenth time. Yet come this time next season, it'll all be forgotten and people will be slobbering over them again. When will people ever learn? How many times do they have to fail with the same guy leading the way for people to grasp the fact that they're not winning a championship with him as their go-to player?

ShoogarBear
12-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Crap, Chris Sheridan is down on the Spurs. Season ovah.

kaji157
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
What about the fact that the franchise he works for (ESPN) is investing a lot of money in hyping another team, which is the only team in the NBA that has a single coverage site on the network site. "Miami Heat Check"

DPG21920
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Are we looking at the same schedule? I see Dallas and the LAL, and no one else.

ATL? Josh Smith bickering with and ignoring yet another coach.
POR? Coming apart at the seams.

DAL, LA, ORL, MIL (tough defensive team), DEN x 2, PHO. Plus even the bad teams are all still capable of being really damn good on any given night (ATL, MEM, GST)

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't care what this assclown says. He can keep ranting all he wants.

WildcardManu
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Game over. Pack it in, time to think about next season.

silverblackfan
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I love how the Spurs aren't allowed to lose. They lose to a bad team, it's cause for concern. They lose to a good team, it's cause for concern. As if they're supposed to never lose a game. Anytime they do, it get's read into.

They could go 81-1 and instead of focusing on the 81, biased clowns like Stein and Sheridan and Broussard and damn near every one of the jackasses at ESPN would focus on the 1 more than they would the 81.

And I'm sick of them all acting like Ginobili is Hill and has injured the same ankle 500 times. I don't hear them pulling this shit with the Lakers constantly, yet Bynum has a significant injury every single season.

Also, why is the Mavs defense (which isn't that much better than the Spurs') the talk of the league all of a sudden? The Spurs once played historically great defense and when they did, the knock was (before it was age, at least) "they lack firepower". Now the Mavs lack firepower, yet it's overlooked.

I can't wait for the playoffs, so I can see this overrated joke Mavs team eliminated no later than the 2nd round . . . for the umpteenth time. Yet come this time next season, it'll all be forgotten and people will be slobbering over them again. When will people ever learn? How many times do they have to fail with the same guy leading the way for people to grasp the fact that they're not winning a championship with him as their go-to player?

this.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM

Good stuff my friend.

Hoops Czar
12-06-2010, 07:50 PM

Setting the bar kind of low if your figuring the spurs can tackle the Lakers. The majority of games are played at home.

Man In Black
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Told you any love we get from national media is done begrudgingly. If this team was based in Boston, LA, Chicago, or New York....they'd be treated like royalty.

ChuckD
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
DAL, LA, ORL, MIL (tough defensive team), DEN x 2, PHO. Plus even the bad teams are all still capable of being really damn good on any given night (ATL, MEM, GST)

We're 17-3 with a moderately tough schedule so far, and the VAST majority of those games are here in SA. I'll give you ORL as a toughie, even though we beat them already, but for a team like the 2010-2011 Spurs, that isn't a tough schedule. The Spurs shouldn't be worrying about other teams, other teams should be worried about us. Honestly, I'll be pissed if we lose more than 3 games this month.

DPG21920
12-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I think you are setting expectations way to high. The Spurs could quite easily have 3 more losses, if not more. They are obviously playing great, but this is a tough schedule coming up.

DAF86
12-06-2010, 07:54 PM
The Mavs will be good during the regular season but in the playoffs they will suffer if they don't make a trade (no, I'm not making the generic "Mavs choke in the playoffs" comment), they're too limited ofensively, once the playoffs arrive and teams make special adjustments to stop their opponents Dallas lack of firepower will cost them, if you take the ball out of Dirk and to a lesser extent Terry, Mavs offense consists of a bunch of unreliable shooters taking jumpshots.

timvp
12-06-2010, 07:59 PM
my belief that every time I watch Manu, I'm thinking he might go down any second with another ankle injury. I've watched the guy battle ankle injuries since he had to sit out the gold medal game against Yugoslavia at the 2002 Worlds in Indianapolis.

The fail is deep in that quote. First of all, Manu played in that game. Secondly, Sheridan acts like Ginobili's career has been marred by ankle injuries. That's a ridiculous take. Ginobili hasn't "battled ankle injuries". He hurt his ankle in that 2002 tourney but hasn't suffered a severe ankle sprain since then. IIRC, he's had two routine ankle sprains since then that have forced him to miss time. His ankle injury in 2008 was a totally different type of injury and wasn't even exactly an ankle injury.

Yeah, the way Manu plays he's going to susceptible to injury just because he always goes all out, but to act like he's been dealing with glass ankles his whole NBA career isn't based in reality.

TD 21
12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
We're 17-3 with a moderately tough schedule so far, and the VAST majority of those games are here in SA. I'll give you ORL as a toughie, even though we beat them already, but for a team like the 2010-2011 Spurs, that isn't a tough schedule. The Spurs shouldn't be worrying about other teams, other teams should be worried about us. Honestly, I'll be pissed if we lose more than 3 games this month.

Exactly. That's what the vast majority of this defeatist/deferential fan base doesn't get. This is one of the three best teams in the league.

You would never see the other elite teams fan bases worrying about their team playing relatively good teams. Granted, as the schedule get's more hectic, we'll inevitably see more dead legged efforts like the Clippers game, so I could understand being concerned about the hectic schedule, but not specific teams.

I'm not saying you should be championing this team as some unbeatable juggernaut. But at the same time, have some confidence in and respect for your team and stop acting like every time they play an opponent who's even half decent, they should be the ones worried.

ChuckD
12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
I think you are setting expectations way to high. The Spurs could quite easily have 3 more losses, if not more. They are obviously playing great, but this is a tough schedule coming up.

I think you're selling your team short. What's ahead of us in DEC is not nearly as tough as what's behind us, season to date.

BlairForceDejuan
12-06-2010, 08:12 PM
lol @ that horrible Manu take

And this gets money from BSPN. The world is cruel.

DesignatedT
12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Chris Sheridan is a moron. nothing new.

The next time we play Dallas will be a better measuring stick,It was the first time we played each other since an embarrassing exit for them and it was no surprise that the team we knocked out of the playoffs got extra motivated to play us, especially while were riding a 12 game win streak. That game was not a surprising loss.

DPG21920
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
No one is saying the Spurs should be worried. I was acknowledging a tough month.

boutons_deux
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
"in DEC is not nearly as tough as what's behind us"

huh?

Thu, Dec 16 @Denver

Mon, Dec 20 vs Phoenix

Wed, Dec 22 vs Denver
Thu, Dec 23 @Orlando

Tue, Dec 28 vs Los Angeles

Thu, Dec 30 @Dallas

That's much tougher 2 weeks than anything so far.

galvatron3000
12-06-2010, 08:22 PM
The fail is deep in that quote. First of all, Manu played in that game. Secondly, Sheridan acts like Ginobili's career has been marred by ankle injuries. That's a ridiculous take. Ginobili hasn't "battled ankle injuries". He hurt his ankle in that 2002 tourney but hasn't suffered a severe ankle sprain since then. IIRC, he's had two routine ankle sprains since then that have forced him to miss time. His ankle injury in 2008 was a totally different type of injury and wasn't even exactly an ankle injury.

Yeah, the way Manu plays he's going to susceptible to injury just because he always goes all out, but to act like he's been dealing with glass ankles his whole NBA career isn't based in reality.

Also, the Spurs with Manu won the post 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 Championships and prior to his injury in the playoffs of 2008 he was still the hottest 2 guard in the league and a major reason the Spurs lost THAT year to the Lakers on top of rebounds.

MannyIsGod
12-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Who cares.

Blackjack
12-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Chris Sheridan?

More like, Chris Share-uh-den! Am I right? ... Not sure what that even means. Go suck an egg . . .

Yeah! :ihit

angelbelow
12-06-2010, 08:41 PM
I have no problem with Sheridan picking the Mavs right now as the best Texas team. But his comments about worrying about Manu's ankle injuries are ignorant, because the other contenders like Boston with KG's knees, and LAL, with Kobe's and Bynum's knees, are injury risks as well, yet Sheridan didn't bother to mention that, which,IMO, should be mentioned if your gonna be concerned about Manu being a injury risk.

Wanted to post something akin to this but saw that you already did. +1

JR3
12-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I find it interesting that they are somehow discussing the best team in "Texas"... Considering they have the best records in the league, shouldn't this discussion include the rest of the nation?

spursfaninla
12-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Although the schedule looks tough, with some very difficult opponents (LAL, DAL, DEN, DEN, ORL), and with 7 of the 12 above .500 wins, the schedule as a whole the rest of december is .56% wins, which is only slightly above our schedule so far this season at .52%...

I think it will be tougher, and we will probably lose a significant number of games, maybe 3 or 4 of the tough 7 games, and another 1 of the easy 5....leaving either 8-4 or 7-5...either, way not bad.

MmP
12-06-2010, 09:12 PM
im fucking tired of hearing negative comments about manu.

SpursDynasty85
12-06-2010, 11:02 PM
The ankle injuries I can't comment about, but I trust TIMVP's take over Chris Sheridans on the matter.

As far as what everyone else is saying? Did Chris Sheridan say were not a top 5 team? If he thinks only Dallas is better than us right now, he's not the only one. Hollinger and Steins' rankings are the same. 1 as the mavs. Stein has the Celtics as #2. I would say record doesn't mean much unless were around 4-5 games above a team at around midpoint in the season.

At this juncture I would argue the same as stein. Dallas looks the best right now because their doing it with defense and a seriously efficient Nowitzki. Celtics have been solid all year, always play defense, and easily has the most well-rounded team in the league. I'd say were 3rd, because Manu,Parker,Hill combo is deadly. Hopefully Splitter can contribute more in the next mavs game.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-06-2010, 11:03 PM
im fucking tired of hearing negative comments about manu.

+1

Pauleta14
12-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Even if he was true, he contredict himself.

Since 2002 Manu has won everything...

Tbiggums47
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Chat with Chris Sheridan

Alex (San Antonio)

Chris Sheridan

Sean (Boston)

Why are you so down on the Spurs?
Chris Sheridan (2:54 PM)

The loss to the Clips, the loss to the Mavs, and my belief that every time I watch Manu, I'm thinking he might go down any second with another ankle injury. I've watched the guy battle ankle injuries since he had to sit out the gold medal game against Yugoslavia at the 2002 Worlds in Indianapolis.

:wow

Who cares what he thinks....Ask him how many games he has seen? Let'em think what he wants to think..the cream always comes to the top..

Whisky Dog
12-06-2010, 11:35 PM
http://media.nj.com/phillies_main/photo/pedro-martinez-phillies-world-series-2da1efa04af01e86_large.jpg

Who is Chris Sheridan?

crc21209
12-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Chris who? :lol

EricB
12-07-2010, 12:08 AM
This the same better defensive team that gave up 103 to the studly Sacramento Kings?

and the Spurs held the Hornets to 84?

Yeah I can see how its soooo definitive.

HeavyWeight
12-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Bad Chris Bad.

lmbebo
12-07-2010, 12:26 AM
no prob with dallas being listed #1. They're playing well right now.
They beat us, but it wasn't like they demolished us. They played very well at the end of the game and made the plays. If i remember the game, it was back and forth until the mavs pulled away at the end of the game.

As for the manu statement... bogus as stated above.

ElNono
12-07-2010, 12:47 AM

But he's seen it! :dramaquee

tbh, we've all seen Manu playing with that big nose of his all around the court, we're all just waiting until he fractures it again :jack

mingus
12-07-2010, 12:48 AM
it's too early in the season for this shit, but i was impressed with the Mavs, i will admit. they're a lot better defensively than they were last season and their offense always seems to be great.

LatinLover69
12-07-2010, 01:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl6D8cegQrA

ElNono
12-07-2010, 01:54 AM
^^ Can you tell where that video was shot? Toronto, ON (http://maps.google.ca/?q=144+Yorkville+Ave.,+Toronto,+ON&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=144+Yorkville+Ave,+Toronto,+Toronto+Division ,+Ontario+M5R+2G2&ll=43.670411,-79.394516&spn=0.001694,0.003825&z=19&layer=c&cbll=43.670493,-79.394245&panoid=NNP8zLRriw97bTsKqpV-kQ&cbp=12,178.35,,0,16.3)

timtonymanurich
12-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Chris Sheridan is an ass-clown, chode-licking, Maverick-sperm-burping gutter slut who humps his Joey Crawford Blow-up doll everytime Joey screws a game for the Spurs.

Sheridan is mentally homeless. Nothing this jack-wagon can say will hold water until he can give respect where respect is due. Even Tim Legler who DESPISES the Spurs says that the SPurs are the #1 team right now. Let's put HIM on with Skip Bayless and Sheridan and see what a cluster-f0ck of a debate we could have for the Spurs NBA supremacy.

There's a thought.

Slippy
12-07-2010, 03:43 AM
"Losing to the Mavs the way they did?" You mean losing a single game after reeling off 12 straight and after having played 5 games in 8 nights? Yeah. Just terrible. What a fucking moron.

It's amazing how many experts have lost sight of this . The team was showing signs of coming back down to earth leading up to that game.

Darkwaters
12-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Holy shit. That article opened my eyes.

Better tank and hope the lottery balls go our way.

:worthy: Harrison Barnes....our saviour

buttsR4rebounding
12-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Wow, we are a sensitive bunch, aren't we? Who cares what he says? One man's opinion and it isn't that bad. The Mavs are playing great ball. They have a better defensive team than the Spurs. The addition of Chandler has been a great fit for them. Make no mistake, if the Spurs play them in the Playoffs this year they will not be an easy out. I do think the Spurs would prevail because of three things: 1. Much greater offensive fire power. 2. Our defense will continue to improve. 3. Pop is a much better coach and will make better adjustments during a 7 game series.

Rummpd
12-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Mavs are behind the Spurs in the Hollinger ranking (Spurs > 109 or so vs 106 trailing only Boston by a slim Margin based on stats that includes factoriing the strength of schedule). http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

The Mavs had a differential of under 6 points per game and while they have played a slightly harder schedule than the Spurs the margin is not huge (and very similar over the last 10 games).

Meanwhile, the Spurs are leading the league with about a 9 point per game differential and a differential of 10 ppg over the last 10 despite one non effort loss to the Clippers. Moreover, the Mavs were hyped to beat the Spurs after there weak playoff loss last year.

Spurs also are have the better record, are missing their top draft choice, and have an incredible early season road record. Don't annoint the Mavs yet. They are a fine and solid team but statistically they are not world beaters - which the Spurs looked like in toying with the Hornets Sunday night.

703 Spurz
12-07-2010, 10:25 AM
What about the fact that the franchise he works for (ESPN) is investing a lot of money in hyping another team, which is the only team in the NBA that has a single coverage site on the network site. "Miami Heat Check"

Look in USA Today too. They have a Heat section every single day on their NBA page

Agloco
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Those are some fucking arrogant comments by that dude. He should go lick a greasy homeless mans scrotum.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TUHmd6aLkE0/TICuqNh9yXI/AAAAAAAAAME/bON7xGb9SUY/s1600/random3.jpg