PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum is this Generation's Elden Campbell

ezau
12-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Laker fans think that Andrew Bynum is going to have a better career than Tim Duncan or is going to have a Chris Webber-esque resume when everything is said and done.

When you look at Bynum's career numbers though, you'll find out that he's nothing more than this era's Elden Campbell.

That's right my friends, Elden motherfucking Campbell. The best ummm, well never mind.

Campbell's 10.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 1.5 bpg averages are eerily very similar to Bynum's 10.3 ppg, 6.7, and 4.5 bpg game averages.

The sad part is, Bynum reached his best numbers right after Gasol was gifted to the Lakers.

Makes me wonder the numbers that he will put up once he's no longer playing with an elite big such as Gasol.

TheManFromAcme
12-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Fail

Bynum is a plugger.

So long as he gets a couple of boards, we are golden. :tu

MI21
12-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Why you disrespecting Elden like that?

Mike-in-brazil
12-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Laker fans think that Andrew Bynum is going to have a better career than Tim Duncan or is going to have a Chris Webber-esque resume when everything is said and done.

When you look at Bynum's career numbers though, you'll find out that he's nothing more than this era's Elden Campbell.

That's right my friends, Elden motherfucking Campbell. The best ummm, well never mind.

Campbell's 10.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 1.5 bpg averages are eerily very similar to Bynum's 10.3 ppg, 6.7, and 4.5 bpg game averages.

The sad part is, Bynum reached his best numbers right after Gasol was gifted to the Lakers.

Makes me wonder the numbers that he will put up once he's no longer playing with an elite big such as Gasol.

so all laker fans think this??..
says the guy with the mav/laker diss images....

pointless trying to exercise reason with this spursfan be like explaining the internet to a ant...

hater
12-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Campbell >>>>>> Bynum

Campbell brought toughness that Bynum will never bring

NASHville
12-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Two of a kind.

Quit Hatin'
12-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Haters shitting their pants, bynum back = NBA fucked.

The Batman
12-07-2010, 10:58 AM

Careful, that's what Cowboy fans said about Dez Bryant, oh wait, you are one :lmao

Quit Hatin'
12-07-2010, 11:02 AM
why would the NBA be fucked with Dez Bryant. Anyways back to topic bynum and lakers bout dominate the league to a three-peat

hater
12-07-2010, 11:03 AM
yes, Bynum back and Lakers will dominate for about 10 games until Bynum is out again with another knee injury

Quit Hatin'
12-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Lol hater just doin what he supposed to, but don't quit your day job son.

yavozerb
12-07-2010, 11:14 AM
yes, Bynum back and Lakers will dominate for about 10 games until Bynum is out again with another knee injury

If bynum's history stays on par you are correct...

Lol hater just doin what he supposed to, but don't quit your day job son.

How can you say Hater is "hating" when bynums health history says otherwise?

lefty
12-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Elden was a better player TBH

21_Blessings
12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Campbell brought toughness that Bynum will never bring

:rolleyes

21_Blessings
12-07-2010, 01:11 PM

:rollin

21_Blessings
12-07-2010, 01:12 PM

What were Elden's numbers at age 23 btw?

lefty
12-07-2010, 01:47 PM
What were Elden's numbers at age 23 btw?
Bynum has better numbers because:

- there is no real dominant center left in the NBA
- he has good looks thanks to Kobe and Pau

And Elden was able to handle the ball :eyebrows

ChrisRichards
12-07-2010, 01:55 PM
This

I'm not sure if there's a lot of people here that have seen Elden in his heyday, but Campbell was a solid double double guy. Thing I love about Campbell was his soft touch on the offensive end and his ability to bang down low with the best of his generation.

ChrisRichards
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM
:rolleyes

:rollin
Jokes on you bro.

21_Blessings
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM
This

I'm not sure if there's a lot of people here that have seen Elden in his heyday, but Campbell was a solid double double guy. Thing I love about Campbell was his soft touch on the offensive end and his ability to bang down low with the best of his generation.

A solid double double guy that never averaged a double double in his career.

By bang, I think you mean settle for that gay little turn around jumper instead of initiating contact.

Jelloisjigglin
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM

Pretty much. It definitely sounds like they're scared tbh

j.dizzle
12-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Pretty much. It definitely sounds like they're scared tbh

:lmao They would love having Pau playing center for the rest of the season the way he lets ppl walk to the basket for layups. Bynum actually gets pissed off & will throw some bows if he has too.

nkdlunch
12-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Why are people calling Elden Campbell tough :lmao

because he is being compared to Bydumb?

TheManFromAcme
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
.....less we forget that Elden was also a LAKER....:D

Mike-in-brazil
12-07-2010, 02:46 PM
If bynum's history stays on par you are correct...

How can you say Hater is "hating" when bynums health history says otherwise?

bynums history also says when he´s in the playoffs and finals we win championships....

so ask why was this thread even created?..

TinTin
12-07-2010, 02:52 PM
It is that easy folks, that easy

The Batman
12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
http://www.the-stockyard.com/pic07tinman.jpg

lefty
12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
bynums history also says when he´s in the playoffs and finals we win championships....

so ask why was this thread even created?..

So Adam Morisson >>>>> Campbell ??? :lmao

Mike-in-brazil
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
i said play ......not just sit on the pine.....

lefty
12-07-2010, 03:41 PM
i said play ......not just sit on the pine.....
He did foul Howard a lot in 2009 to prevent Gasol from getting in foul trouble...

cobbler
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
This

When are you going to pay your debt (to Kori) you welching peice of shit?

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
this is fkn bs

elden campbell was quite good

then shaq and kobe came along 98/99, he went lived under a rock where his role minimize

namlook
12-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Threads like this are just shallow attempts to disrespect Lakers' players. Who cares if Bynum is better than Campbell. As long as the Lakers keep winning rings that's all that matters. :lobt:

ShoogarBear
12-07-2010, 08:31 PM
:lol Elden Campbell lovefest. Outstanding.

Andrew Bynum
12-07-2010, 08:43 PM
:lmao Spurfan gettin scared.

angelbelow
12-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Bynum averages 4.5 BPG? What a beast.

ShoogarBear
12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Bynum averages 4.5 BPG? What a beast.

That's "burps".

ezau
12-07-2010, 09:53 PM
I didn't create this thread to diss Campbell. The point is, Bynum will never be the cornerstone of the Lakers' franchise once Kobe and Gasol retire.

He's simply a role player who posts role-player numbers, no more and no less.

Also, Bynum should never be mentioned in the same sentence such as Duncan, Hakeem, D-Rob, and Wilt. His 10 and 6 career averages are pathetic compared to the numbers of all these great big men.

At this stage of his career, he has reached his potential. His athletic ability is on a decline, which will surely limit his mobility more and more.

I will be very surprised if Bynum is still in the NBA by the time he's 30 years old. TBH, he's like a 7-foot T-Mac.

kobe4life
02-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Even though he's had an up and down year I still think he's going to be an allstar. You spur fans better watch out when Bynum goes beasting on you guys come playoff time.

Spur_Fanatic
02-15-2011, 05:48 PM
You should have let the thread died.
This thread rings more true now, than 2 months ago.

jjktkk
02-15-2011, 05:49 PM

Bynum wishes he had Campbell's knees tbh.

kobe4life
02-15-2011, 05:52 PM
You should have let the thread died.
This thread rings more true now, than 2 months ago.

Yeah and 2 months from now you will see why this thread is wrong when Bynum takes that scrub Blair to school. I'm looking forward to bumping this thread after that happens.

Spur_Fanatic
02-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Yet you bumped it now, with Bynum sucking more than ever.
Fair enough, I'll bump this thread myself if that happens.

jjktkk
02-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah and 2 months from now you will see why this thread is wrong when Bynum takes that scrub Blair to school. I'm looking forward to bumping this thread after that happens.

Hope Bynum's knees can hold up for that long tbh. Its actally a losing situation for Bynum vs. Blair. If Bynum can dominate that matchup, critics would say he should, given Bynum's height advantage, but if Blair can expose Bynum's marshmellow side, that could really raise questions about Bynum's ability as a dominant big man.

kobe4life
02-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Hope Bynum's knees can hold up for that long tbh. Its actally a losing situation for Bynum vs. Blair. If Bynum can dominate that matchup, critics would say he should, given Bynum's height advantage, but if Blair can expose Bynum's marshmellow side, that could really raise questions about Bynum's ability as a dominant big man.

Yeah you right Bynum won't get credit for schooling a midget bigman like Blair but still I will enjoy watching it go down. I can't see Bynum not having an easy time with Blair. It should be comedy to watch Bynum post up and dunk on Blair every time he catches the ball. I just don't get how spur fans believe there little chubby boy Blair is going to be able to defend Bynum.

jjktkk
02-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Yeah you right Bynum won't get credit for schooling a midget bigman like Blair but still I will enjoy watching it go down. I can't see Bynum not having an easy time with Blair. It should be comedy to watch Bynum post up and dunk on Blair every time he catches the ball. I just don't get how spur fans believe there little chubby boy Blair is going to be able to defend Bynum.

If you actually watched Laker vs Spurs games this year, you might of noticed that Duncan and Dyess were the primary defenders on Bynum. Damn, if your gonna be a true bandwagon Laker fan, at least hit your google button and research your "favorite" team alittle bit. :lol

LnGrrrR
02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
campbell's 10.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 1.5 bpg averages are eerily very similar to bynum's 10.3 ppg, 6.7, and 4.5 bpg game averages.

6.7 rpg > 5.9 rpg

4.5 bpg >>>>>>> 1.5 bpg

Spur_Fanatic
02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't think you understand our mentality: We admire Bynum. He is making a killing!
Bynum is making 14M this year. Blair not even 1M.

In all seriousness, is Bynum worth that money?

14M is what a Melo type player may end up with next year...

kobe4life
02-15-2011, 06:12 PM
If you actually watched Laker vs Spurs games this year, you might of noticed that Duncan and Dyess were the primary defenders on Bynum. Damn, if your gonna be a true bandwagon Laker fan, at least hit your google button and research your "favorite" team alittle bit. :lol

The playoffs are a different story and anyways I can't see you guys putting Blair on Gasol for a 7 game series. Hell I remember the last game when Gasol got the ball on the baseline and stretched his long arms and just dunked on Blair without trying. I can see Pop putting Blair on Bynum in hopes of avoiding the abuse Gasol will be giving him but the sad thing is Bynum will continue the abuse.

jjktkk
02-15-2011, 06:14 PM
The playoffs are a different story and anyways I can't see you guys putting Blair on Gasol for a 7 game series. Hell I remember the last game when Gasol got the ball on the baseline and stretched his long arms and just dunked on Blair without trying. I can see Pop putting Blair on Bynum in hopes of avoiding the abuse Gasol will be giving him but the sad thing is Bynum will continue the abuse.

0-2 so far, but the Lakers are just coasting. :lol

kobe4life
02-15-2011, 06:16 PM
0-2 so far, but the Lakers are just coasting. :lol

:lol Yeah but remember in the '04 playoffs we were down 0-2 and still took you guys out. I'm expected history to repeat itself again.

Spur_Fanatic
02-15-2011, 06:16 PM
You are putting a lot of hope on this guy. Bet on Kobe's spirit, or is Gasol potential.
Far more sure things than Bynum's presence in the playoffs.

BTW, was curious on the topic comparison.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/elden_campbell/index.html

Not a bad player. I barely remember him, though.
A very decent and long career. Bynum will get that far?

Mr. Body
02-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Aside from all the Lakers fans having a collective shit, this is a really good comparison.

People don't remember Elden Campbell, even though they claim to like their team. He was a real threat and could bust games open by himself, or at least be a real problem on both sides of the ball... but then he'd disappear forever and not be a factor. You couldn't depend on him for anything. But he had talent.

Kudos. This was a great comparison. :toast

rickross
02-15-2011, 06:21 PM
sons i dunt wanna b mean but yall niggas will hate bynum when la manhandles da spurs.

jjktkk
02-15-2011, 06:29 PM
sons i dunt wanna b mean but yall niggas will hate bynum when la manhandles da spurs.

Sounds like you wish your team had a bigman tbh.

jjktkk
02-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Even though he's had an up and down year I still think he's going to be an allstar. You spur fans better watch out when Bynum goes beasting on you guys come playoff time.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4236/439xj.jpg

rickross
02-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Sounds like you wish your team had a bigman tbh.

tbh u a smart nigga.:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Aside from all the Lakers fans having a collective shit, this is a really good comparison.

People don't remember Elden Campbell, even though they claim to like their team. He was a real threat and could bust games open by himself, or at least be a real problem on both sides of the ball... but then he'd disappear forever and not be a factor. You couldn't depend on him for anything. But he had talent.

Kudos. This was a great comparison. :toast

I remember him mostly because my brother insisted on using the Lakers whenever we played NBA Live back on the original Playstation. I think it was Live '98. Anyways they had a "hand check" move on defense that really was just a shove. If you did it while pressing the sprint button you'd send guys flying like in NBA Jam and only get a foul called about half the time. My brother's defensive strategy was always to try to kill someone with Elden Campbell.

ezau
02-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Bynum wishes he had Campbell's knees tbh.

Agreed brah

ezau
02-15-2011, 09:11 PM

Just try not to lose back-to-back games on the road and then we'll talk.
LOL 8 1/2 games behind

Venti Quattro
05-01-2011, 04:28 AM
:lmao Spurfan gettin scared.

Now they get to helplessly watch Baby Drew contribute for a possible three-peat while they are languishing in their chairs, heavily thinking why the Grizzlies tanked and skunked their team :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Venti Quattro
05-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Just try not to lose back-to-back games on the road and then we'll talk.
LOL 8 1/2 games behind

LOL losing back to back road games in the playoffs

LOL not winning in Memphis

LOL collectively shitted on :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Nice comparison, but who cares?
If Bynum stays healthy, focuses on defense and rebounding (awfully big ifs, but the Lakers plans seem to be coming up roses so far), they will be in a good position to 4-peat.

If you could magically switch out Bynum with Elden Campbell the Lakers are still ringing like crazy. I imagine Laker fans would be very happy indeed if Bynum is this generation's Campbell.

redzero
05-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Damn, seeing all these topics made me realize that ezau does Koolaid_Man level trolling (i.e., throw out a bunch of bait at once in hopes of catching some schmuck).

Killakobe81
05-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Most on here no dyck about elden. Great guy who I go to know through mutual friends and workouts at the wooden center and pickup games at the campus men's gym. Dude had great talent, hops with calves the size of Blake griffin. But he also had short arms (relative) a low motor and a hitch in his "gait". Plus he never wanted greatness. If dude wanted. It as bad as magic wanted it for him, he. Would of been an all-star wasted talent tbh good player could've been great.