PDA

View Full Version : comment here if....

dwayne shintzius
12-07-2010, 05:32 PM
you were a fan in the early 90's when rod strickland dashed our hopes of advancing against portland with his blind over his head pass.... and you cried as a kid.

that haunted me till 1999. and im dwayne sChintzius.

koriwhat
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
fuckin blazers were always a pain in the ass in the 90's for the spurs... shit sucked as a kid!

Agloco
12-07-2010, 06:43 PM
you were a fan in the early 90's when rod strickland dashed our hopes of advancing against portland with his blind over his head pass.... and you cried as a kid.

that haunted me till 1999. and im dwayne sChintzius.

That was Elliott's fault btw.......

TimmehC
12-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I always hated Karl Melbowne and the Jazz more than anyone else.

poop
12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
not quite, i became a fan in '94 (was only like 12 lol)

wildbill2u
12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
It didn't help that he hated San Antonio (and said so) and was caught out after curfew a few times.

But If the pass had worked, Strickland could have been the Ginobilli of the 90s--but it didn't and the fan and coaches' reaction made it easy for the Spurs to let him go. .

jjktkk
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM

Have to disagree. Strickland trying a no look pass in that crucial point of the game, was a boneheaded move IMO. Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ IIRC, was trying a back door move towards the basket, when Strickland tried that pass. Anyway, regardless of whose at fault, that was a gutwrenching loss, but that was a great team assembled around the admiral, until Brown started to make his customary, infamous personnel decisions, to blow a team up.

99-03-05-07
12-07-2010, 07:08 PM
i was born in the early 90's

ShoogarBear
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM

Co-signed.

Guajalote
12-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I remember it well. I was watching the game at my friend's house. It was tense all the way and I kept getting closer and closer to the tv until I was about 2 ft from the screen. I'm getting excited, then, Rod throws the pass, the Blazers (Drexler, I think) take the steal all the way for a layin and a foul. I dropped my head in agony at the exact second that their new puppy jumped up and bit the end of my nose (sharp teeth and all). My friends and I still laugh about it, but hey, whatcha gonna do, huh?

Solid D
12-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, but I wasn't a kid. It wasn't "Elliott's fault" alone. Judge for yourself. Here is the video.

l_Sn5hZfOv0

Rynospursfan
12-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I was at the game, game 5 too. Incredible games and an incredible series, just wish we would have taken one of those two games.

ShoogarBear
12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Obviously, saying it's Elliott's fault alone is an exaggeration. But he should have been going to the basket.

And the intentional foul call on Strickland was just an awful, awful call.

DeadlyDynasty
12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
good times

ManuTastic
12-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I was watching on cable, I was like, holy shit what the fuck are you doing Rod???

Game over, man.

dwayne shintzius
12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Yes, but I wasn't a kid. It wasn't "Elliott's fault" alone. Judge for yourself. Here is the video.

l_Sn5hZfOv0

wow. thanks for helping us all re-live that moment. haha

how can that possibly all of elliotts fault? rod shouldnt be making passes like that with 30 seconds left in overtime. granted, if elliott did make that cut, rod would have been a bad ass. oh well.

you see uwe blab in the end of the clip? awesome.

beachwood
12-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I remember watching this game on TV as a kid. What an idiot pass. In no way was that Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_'s fault.

jaffies
12-07-2010, 09:31 PM
You idiots, it's spelled "Fuck_The_Lakers"

Libri
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Yes I remember that pass. :smchode:

Leonard Curse
12-07-2010, 10:43 PM
we were like the suns or the jazz!! we were always so close. the worst one for me as a kid was (i forget the exact year) but ill never 4get the play! remeber we were playing the suns in the playoffs when i believe it came down to a last second shot and barkley was guarded by David robinson at the free throw line. he then dribbled between his legsd faked robinson like he was going to go in only to pull up and shoot a jumpshot from the freethrow line!!! oh man i ran to my room and cried (no joke i was pissed) i thought we were going to go all the way, and barkley just took san antonios heart out!!! do you guys remember that

ChuckD
12-07-2010, 11:13 PM
we were like the suns or the jazz!! we were always so close. the worst one for me as a kid was (i forget the exact year) but ill never 4get the play! remeber we were playing the suns in the playoffs when i believe it came down to a last second shot and barkley was guarded by David robinson at the free throw line. he then dribbled between his legsd faked robinson like he was going to go in only to pull up and shoot a jumpshot from the freethrow line!!! oh man i ran to my room and cried (no joke i was pissed) i thought we were going to go all the way, and barkley just took san antonios heart out!!! do you guys remember that

That was the last Spurs game at HemisFair.

NRHector
12-07-2010, 11:16 PM
why? why did you have to bring back painful memories? why?

BoricuaCJA
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm happy I was only 2 at that time, or otherwise I would of been cryin. Also I first started to watch basketball in 1997(first game being a Spurs game, reason why I'm a fan).

HarlemHeat37
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I wasn't a Spurs fan at the time(I was like 2 years old), but from seeing the video many times, how can anybody blame Elliott?..yes, he should have cut, but there's absolutely no way you make a behind the head pass at that stage of the game, in a fucking game 7..maybe in the regular season in clutch time, but in a game 7 in clutch time?!..inexcusable..

gospursgojas
12-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Sean has said himself that it was his fault

peskypesky
12-07-2010, 11:22 PM
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. goddamn you, Strickland. damn you!

and yes, i was a fan in the 90s. been a fan since Gervin days.

gospursgojas
12-07-2010, 11:24 PM
But yeah....you don't make a behind the head pass with that much on the line.

peskypesky
12-07-2010, 11:27 PM
But yeah....you don't make a behind the head pass with that much on the line.

no. no, you don't. bone-headed to the extreme. maybe one of the most bone-headed moves ever.