PDA

View Full Version : Where will the hornets relocate if they do?

davi78239
12-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Best case scenarios?? KC, st. Louis, back to Seattle?

Pelicans78
12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Short-term appears to be KC since they have a brand new arena in the downtown area.

The weird thing is how the league is moving teams from nice cities like Vancouver and Seattle to smaller towns like Memphis and OKC. Even moving from Charlotte to NOLA was a question mark. KC is another small market and over time would have trouble supporting a team.

BlackSwordsMan
12-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Anywhere but new orleans is a set up.

frodo
12-07-2010, 09:53 PM
not gonna be seattle unless they accept the zombie name "super sonics"

Darth_Pelican
12-07-2010, 10:02 PM
They will move to Los Angeles, and they will share the Staples Center with the Lakers and Clippers. This will assure even more home games for the Lakers.

But really, I think they will wind up staying in NOLA. The NBA is a struggling league right now. David Sterm said that the league lost 350+ million dollars last year. That doesn't sound very attractive to potential buyers to dish out $300 million dollars to buy an NBA franchise. Attendance is down in most cities as the recession continues, and a lockout is very possible for next year. But if the Hornets do move, I think KC would be the most likely though, because of the newly built arena.

lefty
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
My vote goes to Seattle

Buy I have the feeling they could back to Vancouver, since Stern openly admitted that he regretted the Vancouver-Memphis move.

BanditHiro
12-09-2010, 01:35 AM
i feel bad for you guys