PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Season Ticket holders email sent out today ...

BRHornet45
12-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Dear Hornets Season Ticket Holders,

The Hornets family announced yesterday that the NBA will move forward with the purchase of 100 percent of our franchise. This is a positive move for the Hornets and assures stability and adequate funding for our team.

We are confident that we are building our organization into a best-in-class franchise, and we are developing a philosophy that is focused on winning, performing at the highest levels and using our resources to make a difference in the community in which we live and work.

George Shinn has been an exceptional owner for the franchise throughout the 22 years the Hornets have been in existence, and Gary Chouest has been extremely supportive as minority owner over the last few seasons. We plan to continue to build upon the culture they created. Our team will remain focused on two main goals:

We will continue to build a legacy in the local community by maintaining a championship-caliber team on the court and through our numerous community initiatives off the court. We will continue to develop a path and plan for a local owner to bring an NBA Championship to New Orleans and the state of Louisiana.

We have a strong working partnership with the NBA, and they understand and support our business and basketball philosophies. We have a talented staff in place working toward a common goal, and we will continue to get better.

Our focus remains to create fun, exciting and memorable experiences; build a legacy in the community with integrity and passion and serve as global ambassadors for our hometown of New Orleans. Your continued support is crucial to the overall success of our franchise, now more than ever.

We are proud to call New Orleans home, and look forward to building on the momentum of this exciting season!

GEAUX HORNETS!

Hugh Weber
New Orleans Hornets President
[email protected]

Jac Sperling
NBA Governor
[email protected]

Darth_Pelican
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah I got that one as well as the "Gameday Buzz" one lol. I wonder if other arenas have a free beer garden for season ticket holders as well as $1 beer for the public.

BRHornet45
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah I got that one as well as the "Gameday Buzz" one lol. I wonder if other arenas have a free beer garden for season ticket holders as well as $1 beer for the public.

exactly, but hey don't forget about the typical New Orleans sports "fan" excuse for poor attendance .... the Hornets don't do enough in the community and are too expensive!!!

DPG21920
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
What is this vicious propaganda?

Pelicans78
12-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Stop fooling yourselves! This is just more empty words. Attendance has nothing to do with the current struggles. Basically its overspending on crappy players and going over the luxury tax when Shinn couldn't afford it. Plus, ticket prices are relatively cheap and not enough corporate sponsorship to overcome the deficit. This organization had a top 5 payroll the last few seasons.

sribb43
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I call BS

BanditHiro
12-09-2010, 01:36 AM
dan gilbert worthy