PDA

View Full Version : Pandering to the most gullible segment of society?

Parker2112
12-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Is this push towards a more "secure" America really to be taken at face value?

Czoww2l1xdw

Parker2112
12-07-2010, 11:49 PM
This will be playing at walmart registers around the nation, fmu.

Parker2112
12-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Orwellian society in our future? Or just Big Govt trying to keep her citizens truly safe?

Winehole23
12-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Orwellian society in our future?I thought there was already one in our past and one in the present. My anti-histamines must be making me silly.

Now comes a third Orwellian order, that of the future.

(Do you speak for it, Parker?)

Winehole23
12-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Z8zNsUTWsOc

boutons_deux
12-08-2010, 03:16 AM
There's plenty of suspicious stuff in the Wikileaks stuff, but Janet and friends don't want the world, and esp US citizens, to know about it.

The Reckoning
12-08-2010, 04:39 AM
boutons go to bed

Parker2112
12-08-2010, 11:42 AM
I thought there was already one in our past and one in the present. My anti-histamines must be making me silly.

Now comes a third Orwellian order, that of the future.

(Do you speak for it, Parker?)

Its like the coils of a snake...takes time to get good and tight, but its still the same snake just the same.

Parker2112
12-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I honestly thought this would equate to a much longer tirade by boutons. Wal-mart people and fascist govt in one OP?

Im a little disappointed b_d.

spursncowboys
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
most gullible segment of society=college students.

Parker2112
12-08-2010, 07:39 PM

it depends on the topic, and the point of entry. Religion, abortion, gun rights, global warming, terrorism, illegal immigration, entitlement reform, hope and change etc. are just different tools...

you pull out the one that fits depending on the segment of society that you are trying to herd.

To gain sight of this is a surefire way to preserve freedom for you and yours.

Wild Cobra
12-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Agreed. Most educational institutes today are places of indoctrination.

Wild Cobra
12-08-2010, 09:26 PM
it depends on the topic, and the point of entry. Religion, abortion, gun rights, global warming, terrorism, illegal immigration, entitlement reform, hope and change etc. are just different tools...

you pull out the one that fits depending on the segment of society that you are trying to herd.

You are a gullible one too. There are clear reasons why some of us subscribe to those that you claim are tools. Gun rights are in the constitution. Immigration control is in the constitution.

Parker2112
12-08-2010, 09:50 PM
You are a gullible one too. There are clear reasons why some of us subscribe to those that you claim are tools. Gun rights are in the constitution. Immigration control is in the constitution.

of course and they are valid issues to champion. HOWEVER...you must understand that those in power (the two parties) have divided the electorate up and know which percentage they can reach on an emotional level with LIP SERVICE to each of these. And thats all they really give a fuck about. Reaching as many segments of the electorate with all the tools at their disposal as possible. Reaching you on an emotional level and compelling your vote.

But thats the rub. LIP SERVICE is all thats required to attach the leash. So regardless of which side of the issues you stand on, the politicians who give LIP SERVICE must be held accountable or hot air (Hope and Change, anyone? Rick Perry the Tea Party Candidate?) is enough to win the day every time.

SnakeBoy
12-08-2010, 11:51 PM
So regardless of which side of the issues you stand on, the politicians who give LIP SERVICE must be held accountable or hot air (Hope and Change, anyone? Rick Perry the Tea Party Candidate?) is enough to win the day every time.

So are you saying Obama won because of his hope and change slogan and Rick Perry won by pretending to be a Tea Party candidate? Can you think of any other reasons why they won?

Parker2112
12-09-2010, 12:02 AM
So are you saying Obama won because of his hope and change slogan and Rick Perry won by pretending to be a Tea Party candidate? Can you think of any other reasons why they won?

The electorate has disparate reasons for voting for a given candidate. I dont assume to know why every one voted for a given candidate. You shouldnt assume that every voter agreed on any single reason to vote for a given candidate.

SnakeBoy
12-09-2010, 12:23 AM
I dont assume to know why every one voted for a given candidate.

:lol You already did. In fact pretty much every post/thread of yours is nothing but assumptions.

Gutter92
12-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Agreed. Most educational institutes today are places of indoctrination.

I totally agree; for some reason, it seems like half of my professors (in subjects that don't call for it, tbh) like to bring their political views into the classroom...whether its biology, english, or w/e...

angrydude
12-09-2010, 02:14 AM
students are gullible because they are naive, idealists, and implicitly taught not to question their teacher's knowledge and authority.

For myself, I remember the very second I realized that teachers didn't know everything. It was in 5th grade when my teacher told the class that Poland was an axis power in WW2.

Gutter92
12-09-2010, 02:25 AM
. It was in 5th grade when my teacher told the class that Poland was an axis power in WW2.

and he was correct...

101A
12-09-2010, 10:18 AM

Good post; formatted poorly, however.

angrydude
12-09-2010, 10:23 AM

and he was correct...

were france or china?
germany, japan, italy....and poland?

some trick invading your own country.