PDA

View Full Version : Inception = Jacob's Ladder = F'n confusing

lebomb
12-08-2010, 07:49 AM
...........can someone please explain Inception to me? Rented it last night and still dont know WTF its about. I hate movies like this. :depressed

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2010, 09:21 AM
lol utsa grad doesn't understand moderately complex stories

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Maybe you should just stick with Tyler Perry movies. I think that may be at a low enough intellectual level for you to understand.

Fabbs
12-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Manny will tell you it has some deep inner meaning in it's ending that only he and his Multitroll get.

Did it put you to sleep?

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 09:25 AM
:cry I hate movies that make me use my brain! :cry High quality entertainment should just be nonstop corny nicknames and pictures of Ralph Wiggum!

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 09:26 AM
...........can someone please explain Inception to me? Rented it last night and still dont know WTF its about. I hate movies like this. :depressed

Everybody is dreaming (or are they?) for like 90% of the movie. Weird shit happens. lots of shooting.

Was that so hard?

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Everybody is dreaming (or are they?) for like 90% of the movie. Weird shit happens. lots of shooting.

Was that so hard?

:rolleyes Like I said..............even with this detailed explanation, I still dont know WTF its about.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:35 AM

LMAO at you not even knowing what Inception was about............diverting this thread to insults to prove that point. :lmao

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
:rolleyes Like I said..............even with this detailed explanation, I still dont know WTF its about.

omg there's 8 year olds that can figure out Inception.

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 09:40 AM
it's all a metaphor for anal sex.

using the dream machine is like being gay. but most of the people in the movie only like dreaming at certain depths. Leo DiCaprio is always trying to "push deeper". Joseph Gordon Levitt's character gets tossed around the hotel, much like a salad. Eames is obviously a tranny. Juno is there to convince Leo that sometimes going too deep is a bad thing. The Asian guy couldn't handle that depth of ass play, hence the bleeding and death. Leo has to go in deep one last time to save him.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:41 AM

using the dream machine is like being gay. but most of the people in the movie only like dreaming at certain depths. Leo DiCaprio is always trying to "push deeper". Joseph Gordon Levitt's character gets tossed around the hotel, much like a salad. Eames is obviously a tranny. Juno is there to convince Leo that sometimes going too deep is a bad thing. The Asian guy couldn't handle that depth of ass play, hence the bleeding and death. Leo has to go in deep one last time to save him.

Wow............ 8yr olds figured this out?

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 09:43 AM

LOL this was one of the easiest setups of all time.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Wow............ 8yr olds figured this out?

:lmao x 304830483084304370982

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:44 AM
LOL this was one of the easiest setups of all time.

Maybe *shrugs* ...............but no one has explained what it was about to me yet.

Insults proves no one else understood that shit either.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 09:45 AM
There's a whole thread on the movie where we already talked about it a lot.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
I will give you props for just admitting you didn't get it and not saying shit instead like it was lazy screen writing or making up an explanation opposite of the actual meaning. Thats the kind of shit people like Fabbs do.

Go look at the other thread and you'll find pages of people talking about it.

Fabbs
12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
More pages of non answer posts by MultiManny that are as deep and inciteful as his/their/its posts on this thread.

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 09:56 AM
inciteful

crofl. for someone who likes to accuse others of pretending to be intelligent, you sure are fucking stupid.

lefty
12-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Inception sucks

There, I said it

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I stopped watching half way through and went to look at another movie in the other room. My wife finished watching it................I asked her did she understand it?......... she said..........."well, not really, but the special effects were good"

I will see if I can find the other thread about this horrible flick.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 09:58 AM
WTF is multimanny?

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Inception sucks

There, I said it

:lmao ........... Now I understand the movie!! Thanks for finally answering my question.

Fabbs
12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I stopped watching half way through and went to look at another movie in the other room. My wife finished watching it................I asked her did she understand it?......... she said..........."well, not really, but the special effects were good"

I will see if I can find the other thread about this horrible flick.
:lol As did a good number of other viewers. Put a lot of us to sleep.

Multimannys schtick on these hype marketing movies is always gonna be
"Some deep inner meaning, great great movie."
Q. What's the deep inner meaning?
"It's so easy an 8 year old can get it"..."If you don't get it you're an idiot" blah blah more insults that are simply evasive.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 10:10 AM
lol?

Kermit
12-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Lebomb, you are a constant source of unintentional comedy. Thanks.

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
So let me get this straight - you guys seriously don't get the concept of shared dreaming, dreams within dreams, or needing a "kick" to wake you up out of a dream? Those concepts are seriously so fucking difficult that you can't get the movie at all?

My biggest criticism of Inception is the fact that 90% of the dialogue in the movie is simply explanation of every concept in the movie, the only purpose of it being in there is for fucking morons like lebomb and Fabbs to get a step by step guide on how to understand the movie, AND THEY STILL DON'T FUCKING GET IT.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Inception sucks

There, I said it

Yeah, I'm sure there's some truth to that. People seem to go gaga over anything dicaprio does. I'll revisit this at a later point

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Leo: We're all going to go into a dream together, using this machine.

Juno: I am the person who constructs what the dream looks like.

Scarecrow: I am the target, so all the extras in the dream are part of my subconscious. Much like how your dreams are filled with people, so are ours. It's exactly the same.

Kid from 3rd rock from the Sun: Watch me kick people's asses!

LeBomb: I don't get it :huh

SA210
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Scarecrow: I am the target, so all the extras in the dream are part of my subconscious. Much like how your dreams are filled with people, so are ours. It's exactly the same.

:lol

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 12:41 PM

LeBomb: I don't get it :huh

:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Jacob's Ladder was disturbing and nothing like Inception

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Jacob's Ladder was disturbing and nothing like Inception

Jacob's Ladder was fantastic!

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Jacob's Ladder was fantastic!

That one scene where his wife has the rat-face always stuck with me

LoneStarState'sPride
12-08-2010, 01:23 PM
:corn:

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 01:26 PM
That one scene where his wife has the rat-face always stuck with me

??? You mean, Jezebel? Elizabeth Peņa. His wife was the white woman. You talking about when she's asking him a question then leans in and her eyes are black and she has nasty teeth? Yeah. That was a little startling. The one that always freaks me out is when the horn comes out her mouth at the party.

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
tim rrobbins aint been shit since he played meat in bull durham

Shawshank

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 01:37 PM
jacobs ladder was gay as fuck.
it was all a dream produced by HZ

That's the only thing that kinda strayed the story away. It was cool but he wasn't dreaming. The whole movie is in real time.

mrsmaalox
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Shawshank

The Player? Mystic River?

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2010, 01:46 PM
The Player? Mystic River?

Hi-Fidelity

CuckingFunt
12-08-2010, 01:52 PM
In all seriousness, Inception is really fucking easy to understand.

I think the reason so few people have tried to give you a super easy explanation of the story is because it's nearly impossible to make it simpler than the movie itself. I wasn't as bothered by it as mono, but it's true that nearly every line is exposition. Especially at the beginning and as they're planning the heist. As characters are introduced, the audience is told exactly who they are and what they do: this is Eames, he's a (gorgeous) forger. As new things happen, the audience is told what just happened and why: dream projections are being hostile because they don't recognize the strange person in my brain. And so forth. If you don't get it while watching the movie, there's not a single thing anyone in this thread can say to make it make more sense.

oh crap
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2010/8/9/16/this-is-now-a-post-about-inception-verticles-2322-1281384360-27.jpg

lebomb
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
In all seriousness, Inception is really fucking easy to understand.

I think the reason so few people have tried to give you a super easy explanation of the story is because it's nearly impossible to make it simpler than the movie itself. I wasn't as bothered by it as mono, but it's true that nearly every line is exposition. Especially at the beginning and as they're planning the heist. As characters are introduced, the audience is told exactly who they are and what they do: this is Eames, he's a (gorgeous) forger. As new things happen, the audience is told what just happened and why: dream projections are being hostile because they don't recognize the strange person in my brain. And so forth. If you don't get it while watching the movie, there's not a single thing anyone in this thread can say to make it make more sense.

Ok.......wow. I agree.......That movie sucked balls. :rolleyes

Give me something easier to comprehend like Matrix reloaded. :hat

lebomb
12-08-2010, 02:18 PM
..............I am a dumbshit I guess. The dialogue along with the action threw me completely off. I hated that shit. *shrugs*

Pillow Pants
12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
..............I am a dumbshit I guess. The dialogue along with the action threw me completely off. I hated that shit. *shrugs*

:cry the dialogue along with the action threw me off completely DEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR DERRR DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR A DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

why can't the schmitty understand the movie?

lebomb
12-08-2010, 02:20 PM
"As you’ve probably guessed, when I said at the beginning of this review that Inception was the first movie in over a decade to mix breathtaking action with thoughtful subtext, I was referring to 1999’s The Matrix. The comparisons are inevitable. Both movies deal with the nature of reality combined with pulse-pounding set pieces that will be included in any action-scene highlight reel. But The Matrix is a freshman level course compared to the doctorate held by Inception, and it has nothing to do with how far special effects have come in ten years. It’s about taking multiple genres, settings, ideas, emotions, and questions and weaving them into a rich tapestry that will have folks talking long after the credits roll. But then you throw in those advanced special effects and you have a summer blockbuster that will blow your mind.

You’ve never seen anything like Inception, and you’ll want to see it again and again.

Rating: A"

.............. a review online. Hmmmmm.................. I guess.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 02:21 PM
:cry the dialogue along with the action threw me off completely DEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR DERRR DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR A DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

why can't the schmitty understand the movie?

Sorry, it was just confusing as hell to me.

...........and :flipoff, I admitted I didnt understand tha shit.

Pillow Pants
12-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry, it was just confusing as hell to me.

:cry oh the schmitty is so confused :cry DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Reckoning
12-08-2010, 02:25 PM
the guy (with no military training) killing literally hundreds of people in the snow was hilarious.

The Reckoning
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
plus inception wasnt made for a utsa education

CosmicCowboy
12-08-2010, 02:28 PM
He's still dreaming at the end....get it now?

CuckingFunt
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
He's still dreaming at the end....

Not necessarily.

But whether he is or isn't makes no difference in the progression of the movie up to that point. It's really, really, REALLY straightforward and linear.

Without being a cunt about it...

Lebomb: if you really want to understand what's happening, think of it like a heist movie. Leo is Danny Ocean, Frenchie is Tess, Dreams are The Bellagio. The details of the plot are more complex, of course, but the basic structure is the same.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm sure a viewing of the director's commentary will shut everybody up. :lol

lebomb
12-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Not necessarily.

But whether he is or isn't makes no difference in the progression of the movie up to that point. It's really, really, REALLY straightforward and linear.

Lebomb: if you really want to understand what's happening, think of it like a heist movie. Leo is Danny Ocean, Frenchie is Tess, Dreams are The Bellagio. The details of the plot are more complex, of course, but the basic structure is the same.

Thanks...........I may give it another chance. One day. :rollin

CosmicCowboy
12-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Not necessarily.

Sure he is. At the homecoming at the end both kids are dressed EXACTLY like they were in his previous dreams. EXACTLY. It was a dream.

CuckingFunt
12-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm sure a viewing of the director's commentary will shut everybody up. :lol

There isn't one. :depressed

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
There isn't one. :depressed

FML I was about to go buy the BR and you tell me there's no fucking directors commentary?

Thats some bullshit right there.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 02:55 PM
What? No directors commentary? I don't believe that at all. Keep in mind the DVDs and blu-rays you get at redbox aren't the retail versions. I'll have to investigate. I can't see a disc with 50gb capacity NOT have a directors commentary.

CuckingFunt
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM
FML I was about to go buy the BR and you tell me there's no fucking directors commentary?

There are a lot of extra features -- I don't know how good, since I haven't watched them all yet -- but no commentary.

Makes me glad I pre-ordered through Amazon. With their price guarantee I got the BluRay for just $17.99.

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Sure he is. At the homecoming at the end both kids are dressed EXACTLY like they were in his previous dreams. EXACTLY. It was a dream.

You are wrong.

http://screenrant.com/michael-caine-inception-ending-batman-3-benm-80670/

Kermit
12-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Nolan doesn't want to explain anything about the movie. He didn't do it for Dark Knight either.

CosmicCowboy
12-08-2010, 03:08 PM
You are wrong.

http://screenrant.com/michael-caine-inception-ending-batman-3-benm-80670/

No I'm not.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Nolan doesn't want to explain anything about the movie. He didn't do it for Dark Knight either.

Ah. Just like Lynch doesn't chapter off his films.

CuckingFunt
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
No I'm not.

I would say that you are; but for thinking there's a definitive answer, not for thinking it was a dream. It's completely ambiguous, quite beautifully so, and I've yet to find anything in four viewings that would hint at one interpretation over the other being the "true" one.

Probably has a lot to do with why there's no commentary.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I would say that you are; but for thinking there's a definitive answer, not for thinking it was a dream. It's completely ambiguous, quite beautifully so, and I've yet to find anything in four viewings that would hint at one interpretation over the other being the "true" one.

Probably has a lot to do with why there's no commentary.

.............and the confusion. :bang

Kermit
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
No I'm not.

Here's the ending.

XQPy88-E2zo

Somebody find the other scene with the kids.

Kermit
12-08-2010, 03:15 PM

It's not confusing. It's up to your interpretation. There is no definitive answer. What is so fucking hard about that? Is that threatening to you? That you might actually have to think?

vander
12-08-2010, 03:16 PM
there's nothing really worth "getting"

Nolan's just a hack who tries to hide the pathetic-ness of his story behind layers of convolution and/or other cheap tricks

CuckingFunt
12-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Not really. Ambiguity =/= confusion.

There is an unanswered question at the end, but the only people who seem to be confused by it are those who try to make the entire film into a complex, twist-ending, Shyamalan-esque, mind fuck. The film is quite enjoyable even if you take it at face value, as I have chosen to.

Sisk
12-08-2010, 03:22 PM

RandomGuy
12-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Now I actually want to see it.

(can't be worse than Gene Generation)

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM

Yep. I'll be demonoiding tonight.

Sisk
12-08-2010, 03:34 PM

Do yourself a favor and see it.

Dr. Gonzo
12-08-2010, 03:46 PM
No I'm not.

Of course the person that knows it all would think they are right over someone that was actually in the movie.

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 03:50 PM

damn, that's some mouth on you, young lady

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 03:52 PM

did you think Animal Farm was about farm animals?

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 04:14 PM
There are a lot of extra features -- I don't know how good, since I haven't watched them all yet -- but no commentary.

Makes me glad I pre-ordered through Amazon. With their price guarantee I got the BluRay for just $17.99.

I was going to preorder too but I just forgot so I'm gonna get it tonight on my way home. I think Best Buy has it under 20 dollars as well.

JoeChalupa
12-08-2010, 04:20 PM
I've read several thousand interpretations of the movie and all swear their theory is the correct one.

JoeChalupa
12-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm waiting for RedBox then I'll post my thoughts and reveal the true meaning of the movie.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-08-2010, 04:37 PM
The kids' clothes and shoes were different in the final scene.

Also, if you look at the credits, it'll show two different ages for the kids (i.e., the ages for the kids in Cobb's dreams, and their ages in the final scene)

Finally, the top wobbles on the table in the final scene. If you remember back to the other scenes with that particular totem, it only wobbled in the non-dream scenes.

Just one humble viewer's interpretation in a sea of conflicting interpretations lol. Carry on.

Drachen
12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
The meaning is a question (at least after thinking about it for 3 minutes this is what I came up with)...

What is reality but perception? If reality is nothing but perception, what would happen if our perception could be controlled?

Drachen
12-08-2010, 06:35 PM
In reality, I enjoyed the movie because it had well executed plot twists that kept you on your toes and required thinking. It wasn't a straight line predictable plot (other than, more twists are coming up).

I also enjoy the latter type of movie where I can just turn my brain off and laugh at stupidity.

Gutter92
12-08-2010, 06:56 PM
The movie itself was a metaphor for moviemaking as an art.

Leonardo was the director, chick from Juno was the Writer, Eames was the art director, Saito was the producer and the dude from Batman, who they were incepting, was the audience...

lebomb
12-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Organized confusion at its best. Oh well. I hated it. LOL

CuckingFunt
12-08-2010, 08:09 PM
the guy (with no military training) killing literally hundreds of people in the snow was hilarious.

I don't get why people assume Eames wouldn't have had training. They say in the film that dream sharing was developed to be used by the military. Between that and his age, it's hardly outside the realm of possibilities that he could have served for a few years.

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't get why people assume Eames wouldn't have had training. They say in the film that dream sharing was developed to be used by the military. Between that and his age, it's hardly outside the realm of possibilities that he could have served for a few years.

tbh the mookie crew doesn't like the use of sound logic to refute their scoffage.

monosylab1k
12-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Organized confusion at its best. Oh well. I hated it. LOL

Did you hate the movie, or just hate the fact that it's forced you to come to grips with your own mental retardation?

ShoogarBear
12-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I though it had a couple interesting ideas, but was way too long and the last 30 minutes of the movie was nothing but repetitive explosions that could have been eliminated without changing any of the movie.

I wasn't a big fan of the Matrix movies either, though.

I actually liked Jacob's Ladder a bit better than either Inception or The Matrix.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-09-2010, 12:15 AM
roflroflroflroflrofl multimanny

roflroflrofl

IronMexican
12-09-2010, 01:52 AM
I think this movie made me realize I'm not much of a movie person. Very few movies give me any replay value at all. Only one's I can think of are No Country, and Big Lebowski.

I thought this was a cool movie, but nothing I'd want to watch again.

I also hate most releases that come out in a year, that seemed to be extremely hyped.

oh crap
12-09-2010, 02:03 AM
I also hate most releases that come out in a year, that seemed to be extremely hyped.

same here, i can't think of a single movie outside of this one that didn't let me down after being overhyped upon release. in fact, often times the hype will almost kill a movie in my eyes, which is why i'm surprised that i liked this one even more the second time around. 99.9 percent of the time i leave unimpressed. so far this one hasn't worn on me.

Xylus
12-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Inception was an entertaining movie with several concepts I found original and thought-provoking, but I thought the script was too exposition-heavy, there was very little character development, and far too much action in the snowy dream sequence. Probably my least favorite Nolan movie, tbh

redzero
12-09-2010, 05:37 AM
http://film-book.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/inception-the-architecture-chart.jpg
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_uwVVp3Z9RDI/TEpTPXlNgVI/AAAAAAAACgc/jlVakkOu1Lw/Inception%20chart.[21].jpg?imgmax=800
http://theradishpress.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/inceptionchart.jpg?w=538&h=807

lebomb
12-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Did you hate the movie, or just hate the fact that it's forced you to come to grips with your own mental retardation?

I know one thing Im not confused about........ I know for a fact you are a dick. :hat

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-09-2010, 09:42 AM

I took it more as a Matrix kind of thing, that in dreams you're as badass as you want to be. Eames looked hard enough that I could buy him as ex-military. What threw me (and led to me settling on that idea) was the pudgy chemist knowing how to drive a van like Elwood Blues.

monosylab1k
12-09-2010, 09:42 AM
I know one thing Im not confused about........ I know for a fact you are a dick. :hat

you had to edit this sick burn 16 minutes later? :lmao

RandomGuy
12-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Do yourself a favor and see it.

It is the kind of mind-fuck movie that I dig, so I will probably pick up on on the movies on demand thing with the wife.

lebomb
12-09-2010, 03:57 PM
you had to edit this sick burn 16 minutes later? :lmao

:depressed ................ Yeah, it was a bit more graphic prior. :hat

lebomb
12-09-2010, 03:58 PM
It is the kind of mind-fuck movie that I dig, so I will probably pick up on on the movies on demand thing with the wife.

This is what we did............Im so pissed I wasted 1hr of my life.........thats OK, I cut this bullshit off and saved the other 1.5 hrs. :hat

CuckingFunt
12-09-2010, 07:08 PM
This is what we did............Im so pissed I wasted 1hr of my life.........thats OK, I cut this bullshit off and saved the other 1.5 hrs. :hat

So, let me get this straight, you stopped watching Inception after an hour, long before anything happens that could even possibly be considered difficult to understand, and you were still confused enough to start a thread about it?

Oh, my. That's just... precious.

lefty
12-10-2010, 11:52 AM
They just released an Inception app for the Iphone

Mono will like it

Cry Havoc
12-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I will give you props for just admitting you didn't get it and not saying shit instead like it was lazy screen writing or making up an explanation opposite of the actual meaning. Thats the kind of shit people like Fabbs and Silverblk do.

ftfy

lebomb
12-10-2010, 12:24 PM
So, let me get this straight, you stopped watching Inception after an hour, long before anything happens that could even possibly be considered difficult to understand, and you were still confused enough to start a thread about it?

................to be honest, I dont even understand what you just said.

*shrugs*

Cry Havoc
12-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Sotongball21
12-10-2010, 01:06 PM
inception is a bloody rip off. Watch the anime movie Paprika. It's deeper than inception, concepts about sharing and changing environments and what nots are similar.

Edit: my bad, wiki said Nolan used it as an influence. good movie though.

resistanze
12-10-2010, 01:12 PM
................to be honest, I dont even understand what you just said.

*shrugs*
:lol Good trolling, tbh

Cry Havoc
12-10-2010, 01:42 PM
inception is a bloody rip off. Watch the anime movie Paprika. It's deeper than inception, concepts about sharing and changing environments and what nots are similar.

I'll have to check that out.

While we're at it, The Lion King is the most shameless rip-off in movie history, FYI.

ididnotnothat
12-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Over hyped movie to say the least.

monosylab1k
12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
No I'm not.

Yes you are.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/upload/2010/12/six_things_we_learned_from_the/kids-inception.jpg

Similar looking clothes, but definitely not the same.

redzero
12-10-2010, 04:15 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3272/inceptionkids.jpg

IronMexican
12-10-2010, 04:20 PM
rofl, I never even thought of that. Kind of retarded now that I think his family could just fly. Unless that was also a dream, so the entire movie was inside a dream.

Kermit
12-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Oldie.

http://dailyshite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Inception-can-I-get-a-blowjob.jpg

lefty
12-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Over hyped movie to say the least.
Yep

But the new Inception Iphone app is pretty cool IMHO

Dr. Gonzo
12-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Lebomb was confused by the plot of Earnest Goes to Camp.

TimothyLeary
12-10-2010, 04:51 PM
This movie gave me some serious flashbacks.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Lebomb was confused by the plot of Earnest Goes to Camp.

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. Can everyone hear the turtles or do they only understand each other? Is it some sort of purgatory with Earnest trapped with the souls of all he murdered or merely the illusions of the Devil disguised as Bobby the mute security guy?

Bartleby
12-10-2010, 05:11 PM

Luis Bunuel beat both of them to the whole crazy dream/reality movie motif by about four decades.

Cry Havoc
12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. Can everyone hear the turtles or do they only understand each other? Is it some sort of purgatory with Earnest trapped with the souls of all he murdered or merely the illusions of the Devil disguised as Bobby the mute security guy?

"I'm scared, Sarge!"

"We're all scared, Sarge!"

"I'm making.... eggzaronious!"

Jim Varney singing... :lol

Cry Havoc
12-10-2010, 05:51 PM
n3ZcT7PVbq0

:toast

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2010, 11:14 PM
MultiManny

crofcroflroclroflroflroflrofl

instant classic

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I just have to say, Fischer's subconscious is a terrible shot. Only one hit at close range with fully automatic weapons?

It definitely needs to hit the range.

MannyIsGod
12-11-2010, 01:39 PM
crofcroflroclroflroflroflrofl

instant classic

:lol I don't even know what the fuck that means

Cant_Be_Faded
12-11-2010, 01:45 PM
it sounds funny out loud though

ynh
12-12-2010, 05:12 AM
The basics of how the story worked were not confusing.. I'm not sure why people in the start of the thread thought that was what was confusing the OP.

The first time I watched it I thought it was just a cheap lousy ended added into the story.. then after watching it a second time I caught a bunch of things I missed. Namely that all the dialoge that Leo and his wife had together is sprinkled throughout the film and repeated to where someone else is saying it to leo or vise versa.

My conclusion right now is that it is pretty much a dream.. After noticing this and then noticing that Leo actually died in the 1st dream when they are in water but he is still in limbo at that time.. It's my belief that when he comes back he is in a dream.. perhaps I'm wrong.. I'm not sure.. but it's explained pretty well by the characters that Leo's wife was infact right and they were still in a dream world.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-12-2010, 12:44 PM
watched it. it was good, pretty predictable. saw the ending coming a mile away. dream and time travel movie plots aren't really my cup of tea. if this was the best movie of 2010 that really doesn't say much about movies this year.

SpursDynasty85
12-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Admittedly the movie kept you on your toes. If you never knew what it was about going into it, the story never grabbed you in a way you know where it was going. The plot was always changing and you had to just sit there and watch it playout.

Unless you watched it on a nice 50"+ plasma on a blu ray and a nice speaker system, you really missed out by not watching it at the theatres. The theatrics and the art of movie making really made this a special experience. It really sucked you in like you were in someone's dream, or maybe even yours...:wow