PDA

View Full Version : Why not a system like this?

lebomb
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_DII_football.html

You could use the bowls for each round..............and rotate the top 4 bowls as the championship game. Look at the locations of the schools in the brackets..........scattered across the US. Also look at the upsets..........some #6 seeds beat #2's and #3's. Also, this entire playoff system is complete in 1 months time.............the exact amount of time it will take us to get to this years title game.

Blake
12-08-2010, 09:23 AM
wow, never seen an idea like that before

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
wow, never seen an idea like that before

.............. really, its been out there for decades. :rolleyes

BTW, how is married life treating you? With smartass comments like this no wonder she cheated. Try being a nice guy instead of a dick for a change.

Blake
12-08-2010, 09:40 AM
.............. really, its been out there for decades. :rolleyes

BTW, how is married life treating you? With smartass comments like this no wonder she cheated. Try being a nice guy instead of a dick for a change.

:lol

what a hyopcrite.

If happylife/happywife means licking her ass hole like you do, I'll pass.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
:lol

what a hyopcrite.

If happylife/happywife means licking her ass hole like you do, I'll pass.

Enjoy the lonely holidays. :toast

Blake
12-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Enjoy the lonely holidays. :toast

I'll get by just fine.

Enjoy sipping on some assnog this holiday season. :whine

lebomb
12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
I'll get by just fine.

Good lord Blake.............. you would rather have some dude RAIL your wife non stop throughout the night, than to toss her salad every now and then, keep her sexually satisfied and at home snuggled up to you? :lmao Sad, just sad.

Anyhow, back on subject.

I cant wait till the BCS crap goes away and a true playoff is implemented. I think the DII system is awesome.

Blake
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Good lord Blake.............. you would rather have some dude RAIL your wife non stop throughout the night, than to toss her salad every now and then, keep her sexually satisfied and at home snuggled up to you? :lmao Sad, just sad.

neither.

Sad that you think it's either one or the other.

Anyhow, back on subject.

I cant wait till the BCS crap goes away and a true playoff is implemented. I think the DII system is awesome.

the DII system is awesome. When college presidents talk about academics taking a hit if there were playoffs, it makes no sense because the DII system works just fine.

The only problem I've seen with using bowls as playoff sites is the travel for the fans and the cost for the schools.

stubborn 1
12-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Like you. I to believe we need a play-off system, but I do have some questions. There are 35 bowls, how many bowls are going to participate in your play-off system? What will happen to the bowls not included in your system? What happens to the charities / civic groups / cities that benefit from the bowl games?

Sorry, the DII system is not applicable, nor is your one month play-off using the bowl sites. One of the advantages of the DI system is that 70 schools "earn" a second spring training by going to a bowl. In a play-off setting, this extra practice period is acutely constrained. Secondly, having bowl games every week does not allow the city to properly prepare for the teams. Teams, and their fans, now come in for a week; in a bowl play-off system, teams would come in on Friday morning and leave Saturday evening.

Having stated on the negatives, I would be remiss if I did not offer possible solutions for your consideration. My suggestions for a play-off system are included below:

Presently, The BCS gives an automatic bid to the champions of six conferences (ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 10, and SEC) and limits conference participation to a maximum of two schools from each conference. Additionally, there are rules governing participation by non-BCS schools, and independents. There also exists a working relationship between some bowls and conferences (think Rose Bowl).

The current BCS structure includes four Bowls: Fiesta, Orange, Rose, and Sugar; as well as a National Championship Game. Teams playing in the four bowls are determined by conference championships and at-large bids issued by the participating bowl committees. Participants in the National Championship Game are determined by the BCS rankings at the conclusion of the regular football season.

The following rules would govern the proposed format:

Working relationships between bowls and conferences would have to be modified to accommodate format changes.

The top eight teams, as determined by the BCS standings at the conclusion of the regular season, would qualify for the National Championship tournament.

The limit on maximum number of conference participants involved in the BCS format would be increased to four.

The automatic BCS bid to the champions of six conferences (ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 10, and SEC) as well as independents and non-BCS teams would be honored. However, these teams would participate in the National Championship ONLY if ranked in the top eight teams as determined by the BCS standings at the conclusion of the regular season.

Teams will be announced for bowl participation on the Sunday immediately following the conference championships. All eight teams participating in round one of the play-offs are guaranteed a second game during New Year’s Day weekend.

The first round of the play-offs would take place on the weekend immediately following the conclusion of the regular season. Teams ranked 1 through 4 would host teams ranked 5 through 8 according to the following pairings:
8 @ 1
7 @ 2
6 @ 3
5 @ 4

The second round of the play-offs would take place in a BCS bowl during New Year’s Day weekend.

In order to honor all possible commitments to qualifying schools, two additional bowls would be added to the BCS format.

BCS Bowls would alternate hosting the play-off semifinals in accordance with the following schedule:

2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021

ROSE X Y X Y

SUGAR Y X Y X

ALAMO X Y X Y

ORANGE Y X Y X

FIESTA X Y X Y

COTTON Y X Y X

X = highest rated team remaining VS lowest rated team remaining
Y = second highest rated team remaining VS third highest rated team remaining

The championship round of the play-offs would take place two weeks after New Year’s Day weekend at a site determined by the appropriate committees.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
neither.

Sad that you think it's either one or the other.

the DII system is awesome. When college presidents talk about academics taking a hit if there were playoffs, it makes no sense because the DII system works just fine.

The only problem I've seen with using bowls as playoff sites is the travel for the fans and the cost for the schools.

I apologize for the wife comment...........like I said, Ive been there. I dont even think salad tossin would have helped in that situation.

Blake
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Like you. I to believe we need a play-off system, but I do have some questions. There are 35 bowls, how many bowls are going to participate in your play-off system? What will happen to the bowls not included in your system? What happens to the charities / civic groups / cities that benefit from the bowl games?

that's part of the issue as well.

I think they could keep them in place and just invite the teams that didn't make the playoffs.

They might take a ratings hit, but most of the bowls now are crap anyway.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 02:07 PM
that's part of the issue as well.

I think they could keep them in place and just invite the teams that didn't make the playoffs.

They might take a ratings hit, but most of the bowls now are crap anyway.

I suggested using the bowls for each game for each round of the playoffs...........rotate the top 4 bowls as the championship each year. That way.........the bowls become more important than they are now.

Blake
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I suggested using the bowls for each game for each round of the playoffs...........rotate the top 4 bowls as the championship each year. That way.........the bowls become more important than they are now.

right, as asked above, how many playoff teams are there and out of the 35 bowls, which ones are you going to use?

stubborn 1
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I said DII could not be a model; I brought this up because DII teams play only 11 regular season game and all play-off games, except the championship, are played at the home site of the highest ranked team.

There is such a financial gulf between DI and DII schools, and it is the finances that we must address to get a play off system. Find a way to guarantee significantly more $$$ to the networks, schools, and cities now involved in the bowl format to the school and a play off format would magically appear.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
right, as asked above, how many playoff teams are there and out of the 35 bowls, which ones are you going to use?

Rotate those as well............use half one year, the following year use the others.....or those that didnt make the tourney would get the lesser bowls. There are several ways to make that work.

lebomb
12-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I said DII could not be a model; I brought this up because DII teams play only 11 regular season game and all play-off games, except the championship, are played at the home site of the highest ranked team.

.............that is the part that would change to using the bowls, as the sight of the games.

Blake
12-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Rotate those as well............use half one year, the following year use the others.....or those that didnt make the tourney would get the lesser bowls. There are several ways to make that work.

wouldn't that be awesome to see utsa in the Cotton Bowl on their non-playoff year.

samikeyp
12-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I think the DII reference was more along the lines to show that schools like those in DII and DIII (which doesn't even have athletic scholarships) that care more about books than sports seem to be able to have successful playoff systems. I would get rid of a number of bowls. Instead of cancelling them right away, i would let the current contracts expire and/or take advantage of buy out clauses if they are applicable. The bowls I do keep, I use the big ones for my playoff and the lesser one for those teams who do well but not well enough to make the playoff (7-5, 8-4) and the minimum record is 7-5

BUMP
12-09-2010, 02:25 AM
So Duncan surpassed in scoring one of the most Chicken Shit Centers In NBA History in Captain David Robinson.

In light of this, the 1st question posed by Koolaid is whose scoring feat is more impressive and why?

Duncan scores 20,921 in 13 seasons with 3159 assists along the way and since the Spurs basically have only a couple of ‘elite’ players in it’s history, the only player he really had to surpass was David chicken shit Robinson for the honor. In all-time NBA scoring today Duncan just barely cracks the top 30 in scoring while Kobe is number 12 all-time and getting ready to pass John Havilicek within the next 2 games for the 11th ALL-TIME spot.

Side note Kobe will be 6th all-time after this season.

Kobe on the other hand scores 26351 in 14 seasons ( with 4861 assists) and surpasses the current NBA Logo in Jerry West, along with a number of all-time great players ( such as Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, Baylor, etc). Now since it’s holiday season let me be generous…I will subtract Kobe’s rookie season numbers ( 539 points and 91 assists) to make the number of years even with Duncan , Kobe still outscores and assists Timmy by a universal light year.

The 2nd question is:

If Kobe is as selfish as Spur fan says then why is it that as a shooting guard ( whose job it is to shoot the ball) all-time Kobe has close to two-thousand more assists than Timmy Duncan. That’s right almost two-thousand more assists. Now we can understand why Timmy trails in points but surely with all the shooters Timmy’s had in his career and as a big man with his great passing ability and likelihood of double teams one would think that Duncan wouldn’t trail Kobe as badly as he does in assists.

I conducted a non-biased poll and at an almost 20:1 ratio people said it should be much easier for a center to rack up the assists.
Therefore the final question and answer would be:

Who’s really more selfish and who’s most productive… The scoring / assist numbers speak for themselves. As a first option of his title teams one would expect Duncan to lead Kobe, if not in points then surely in assists.

This is a huge indictment on Duncan’s legacy…and once again thanks to Kobe, he seems to love pissin on Kimmy…

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/347107_main.jpg

monosylab1k
12-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I'll get by just fine.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao