PDA

View Full Version : Toothpaste

Gatita
05-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Sex ed film written by four Texas teenagers

With at least six classmates pregnant, including the valedictorian with her second child, it was clear to a few girls at Mission High School more information was needed on safe sex.

So four students at this school along the Mexican border — where the teen pregnancy rate is among the highest in the nation — decided they could help send the message by making their own movie.

Two years later, the 16-minute educational film promoting condom use is available to public schools around the state. The movie, named "Toothpaste" in reference to a teen code word for condoms, has been ordered by schools around the country. It will also be shown at film festivals and on Showtime, according to the organization that helped produce the film.

"Hopefully, people will get something out of it," said Amanda Ramirez, one of the teens.

The script by Kristal Villarreal, Laura Coria, Gladys Sanchez and Ramirez won an annual contest by Scenarios USA, a national organization that works to educate teens about pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. Professional directors, producers and camera operators helped polish the film. [The director is Ben Younger, who also directed Boiler Room.]

[...]The film is unusual because sex-education curriculum in Texas focuses on abstinence. Districts can discuss contraception in class, but the state advises against it. Most South Texas school districts do not.

The girls, all of whom are now attending college, said they would like to see Texas add information on contraceptives to its sex education policy.

"We're hoping not just the Valley, but hopefully the state will also realize the law they have — it's not working," said Ramirez, now a 19-year-old student at South Texas College.

I must be old. I don't remember condoms being called toothpaste back in the day.

Clandestino
05-26-2005, 09:20 AM
i still don't understand the reasoning for them being called toothpaste...

Gatita
05-26-2005, 09:53 AM
I am lost on that myself.

Useruser666
05-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Wow, toothpaste can keep you from getting pregnant?! Spread the word people!

bigzak25
05-26-2005, 10:04 AM
it makes no sense to me either, but i found this....

Toothpaste (http://www.vestalreview.net/toothpaste.htm)

By Nick Parker

Sister Mila at the Mission says condoms are no good. She says that the rubber still has tiny holes in it, and that a man's fertility can still get through, and also AIDS. She says there is science. When I say what am I to do, Billy he is a man, he is wanting to lie with me all the time, she just smiles her big peaceful smile and says that to choose to not to lie down is the best way.

What's the second best way? I want to ask her, but I don't. It is a miracle everything in the world isn't leaking. Why don't they make condoms out of what they make the water pipes out of, if they don't want leakage? Ha! A big lead condom, that really would stop Billy wanting to lie down.

So I told Billy we cannot trust the condoms and he made a big show of being all disappointed, but I don't think he was, not really. He always says they suffocate him just when he needs to breathe the most. He talks some shit sometimes, he does. So I told him there would be no lying together until we'd got some way of making sure against babies. I told him there'd be no more standing up behind Ma Palatour's lean-to either, and that got him thinking pretty good.

So the next day Billy comes to me and he says he's got it! He says his brother and his girl have a way to stop babies and that it's as sure to work as the sun rising and setting. And that way they stop the babies is toothpaste.

Toothpaste? Billy I say, you are a crazy-man. Don't think I don't know what you're trying to do.

But he says no, seriously, it's the flouride. Flouride kills the baby-makingness of the sperm. There's science, he said. He'd even borrowed a tube off his brother, to make sure that he'd got the right one. Only Colgate would protect against babies, he said. He held up the tube of toothpaste while he said this, and grinned, like a man in a commercial advertising anti-baby toothpaste.

And it would sure taste good, too, he said, grinning his big crazy grin even bigger. Minty fresh, oh yes.

You crazy shit-talker, Billy, I said, as we lay down.

So big surprise, huh? Now I got me a baby, and Billy has to go to the city to get work. I know it was that time because the toothpaste stung like crazy and we didn't lie down again for weeks. Billy said for days after when he brushed his teeth it made him wince and cross his legs.

The worse thing is, when I lean over and kiss my baby, I swear to you she smells of mint.

Sister Mila, she don't know shit about how mysterious God's been moving round these parts. No way she don't.

Clandestino
05-26-2005, 10:12 AM
silly kids, they should've just had her douche with coke.

bigzak25
05-26-2005, 10:16 AM
i was reading in my magazine yesterday that champagne baths are bad for the ladies too...as sugar and alcohol disrupt the PH balance of the coochie. good to know.

Gatita
05-26-2005, 10:20 AM
i was reading in my magazine yesterday that champagne baths are bad for the ladies too...as sugar and alcohol disrupt the PH balance of the coochie. good to know.

WTF? Champagne baths? If it ain't soap and water doing the cleaning I am pretty sure it ain't good for the "coochie".

What a waste of champagne. I'd rather drink it. :drunk

samikeyp
05-26-2005, 10:22 AM

saw that as well...it was in Maxim.

Whatever happened to the good old days of "hey...gotta rubber?"

Clandestino
05-26-2005, 10:27 AM

i'm sure plenty of guys have drank champagne out of a coochie...

Gatita
05-26-2005, 10:28 AM
i'm sure plenty of guys have drank champagne out of a coochie...

That is so retarded. ugh!

Jekka
05-26-2005, 10:29 AM
WTF? Champagne baths? If it ain't soap and water doing the cleaning I am pretty sure it ain't good for the "coochie".

Actually, soap ususally isn't good for that area either - it's another thing that will mess up your pH supposedly, which is why they make specifically "feminine washes" - but most soaps aren't so big a deal that you need to worry. Douching on the other hand really is bad for the "coochie" because it will all kinds of upset your pH which sets you up for all kinds of infection, etc.

This is what happens when you get your sex ed. in AP biology.

bigzak25
05-26-2005, 10:30 AM
well a former president decided cigar storage was a good idea....

whip cream is good....mmm...with like...some chocaolate syrup...and some straberries...and a couple scoops of ice cream...

Clandestino
05-26-2005, 10:30 AM
i knew a girl who wouldn't even shave or trim bc she said it is not good for it either...

Gatita
05-26-2005, 10:31 AM

It is called common sense. I can't believe people dont' know this shit. :rolleyes

Gatita
05-26-2005, 10:32 AM

:lol

If you want a sundae go to DQ. :lol

Clandestino
05-26-2005, 10:32 AM
regarding my above post... i thought i was french kissing willie nelson

Gatita
05-26-2005, 10:33 AM

What are we going to do with you clan? :lol

SpursWoman
05-26-2005, 10:50 AM

I hope you didn't forget the toothpaste. :)

Useruser666
05-26-2005, 11:11 AM

whip cream is good....mmm...with like...some chocaolate syrup...and some straberries...and a couple scoops of ice cream...

You need to find a different woman if you can fit 2 hot fudge sundaes in there! :vomit

Gatita
05-26-2005, 11:12 AM
You need to find a different woman if you can fit 2 hot fudge sundaes in there! :vomit

:lol That is what I told Tony. :lol

samikeyp
05-26-2005, 11:23 AM
That is what I told Tony.
:lmao

SpursWoman
05-26-2005, 11:55 AM
:lol

Either a different woman or a tongue extension. :cooldevil

Gatita
05-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Or a long spoon for that sundae. :vomit :lol

bigzak25
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
i would never disrespect eating a sundae with something as trivial as cunninglingus...

Summers
05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
i still don't understand the reasoning for them being called toothpaste...

Perhaps it's code word, like "I need to run to 7-11 and get some toothpaste".

i knew a girl who wouldn't even shave or trim bc she said it is not good for it either...

That's because it itches like crazy when it grows back in.

Seriously, abstinence education does not work. If we don't teach kids about condoms, they *don't* learn common sense stuff like douching doesn't prevent pregnancy. I had the benefit of very graphic sex ed from my mom who was a nurse. I didn't have sex til I was 20 (and boy did I make up for lost time :lol ) but when I did, I knew how to be smart and safe about it. Geez, kids these days...!

2Blonde
05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
i would never disrespect eating a sundae with something as trivial as cunninglingus...
You must be single if you pick eating a sundae over cunnilingus. :lmao

Gatita
05-26-2005, 02:03 PM
You must be single if you pick eating a sundae over cunnilingus. :lmao

Hey, that can be a hard choice for some. Depends on who they are performing cunninglingus on. :lol

bigzak25
05-26-2005, 02:06 PM
You must be single if you pick eating a sundae over cunnilingus.

well, if the movie footloose taught me anything, it's that there is a time for everything.

i time to laugh...a time to cry....a time to eat pussy, and yes, a time to eat ice cream....oh and dancing is in there somewhere too....

and i'm happily married, 2.5 years already. :smokin

tlongII
05-26-2005, 02:06 PM
It is stories like these that reinforcement my opinion that abortions should be made more readily available.

SpursWoman
05-26-2005, 02:10 PM
well, if the movie footloose taught me anything, it's that there is a time for everything.

i time to laugh...a time to cry....a time to eat pussy, and yes, a time to eat ice cream....oh and dancing is in there somewhere too....

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Gatita
05-26-2005, 02:16 PM
It is stories like these that reinforcement my opinion that abortions should be made more readily available.

:lmao that fucked up!

Clandestino
05-26-2005, 02:24 PM

2Blonde
05-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Reading your current comment....

and i'm happily married, 2.5 years already.

And thinking back to your previous comment...

I wonder if Mrs. Bigzak would agree with that "happily" part. :rollin

...2Blonde

bigzak25
05-26-2005, 05:43 PM
sure she would. like i said, time for everything.

and if there's one thing i know how to do 2blonde, it's eat. http://extremeskins.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

:smokin

2Blonde
05-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm sure you do. I was just teasing. ;)

BTW I love the smilie.

...2Blonde

Duff McCartney
05-26-2005, 08:40 PM

Yeah I heard that in Bio this past semester. The professor said that the vagina is loaded with bacteria.

The good kind. Which is why woman using a douche isn't too good because it kills the bacteria.

P.S. Damn this post sounds weird.

E20
05-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Well all students of my graduating class had to take a 3 -Special day of Sex Ed. last year and the people there said the Vagina was the cleanest part because it kept on cleaning it self with some stuff, I wasn't really paying attention because they had dildos,condoms, and boobs everywhere.

ClintSquint
05-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Toothpaste? Is that where the saying, "You've got the whitest teeth I've ever come across", comes from?

Gatita
05-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Yeah I heard that in Bio this past semester. The professor said that the vagina is loaded with bacteria.

The good kind. Which is why woman using a douche isn't too good because it kills the bacteria.

P.S. Damn this post sounds weird.

Come on Duff, even E20 who is a 16 year old knows that. :lol

timvp
05-28-2005, 05:56 AM
Well all students of my graduating class had to take a 3 -Special day of Sex Ed. last year and the people there said the Vagina was the cleanest part because it kept on cleaning it self with some stuff, I wasn't really paying attention because they had dildos,condoms, and boobs everywhere.

That is why I call E20 "The Future".