PDA

View Full Version : What's your roadkill count?

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 04:09 PM
How many of god's beautiful creatures have met an untimely death with you behind the wheel, and what kinds? Ever feel bad about it?

I've hit about 5 birds and a countless amount of squirrels, but those little bastards double back so they shouldn't count. I also bagged an armadillo in Amarillo, TX. Not much else, tbh.

JoeChalupa
12-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I've gotten a few squirrels but that is about it although I did see a coyote on the road a new nights ago.

koriwhat
12-08-2010, 04:17 PM
a jackrabbit almost fucked up my clutch. too bad you, dd, weren't laying in the road instead.

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
a jackrabbit almost fucked up my clutch. too bad you, dd, weren't laying in the road instead.

that's no way to talk to a friend, after all the valuable advice I've given you...

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 04:31 PM
A few squirrels. One cat. Few birds. No way in hell I'm getting in a wreck and causing harm to myself and others for a stupid animal when I'm doing 30+MPH and on a road with traffic. F' all that mess.

The Reckoning
12-08-2010, 04:57 PM
ive hit a couple of deer and small children. thats about it.

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 05:01 PM
ive hit a couple of deer and small children. thats about it.

pics please

mrsmaalox
12-08-2010, 05:02 PM
One armadillo. Felt kinda bad but no way to avoid it. I had a patient who swerved to avoid a rabbit, flipped her car, and ended up paralyzed from the neck down. Very sad, she was a really sweet lady :(

Frenzy
12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Just a few pigeons and some laker fans. So technically just pigeons.

Chachachango
12-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I ran over a cat once. I remember looking at my rear-view mirror and seeing the cat having a crazy ass seizure. It looked like a fish out of water.

ALVAREZ6
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I smashed the shit out of a deer going 50mph over a year ago and feel no remorse at all.

Why? Because deer are retarded when it comes to crossing streets, and the bill was pretty large for the damage. Tons of people die yearly because of those bastards not knowing when to cross a road.

Fuck deer.

admiralsnackbar
12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
A buck, a cat, a few birds (always dramatic to see an explosion of feathers when you aren't expecting it).

Almost ran over a surprisingly large box turtle crossing Lockhill Selma -- of all places -- a few months back, but swerved just in time to watch the pick-up behind me squash it instead.

admiralsnackbar
12-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I smashed the shit out of a deer going 50mph over a year ago and feel no remorse at all.

Why? Because deer are retarded when it comes to crossing streets, and the bill was pretty large for the damage. Tons of people die yearly because of those bastards not knowing when to cross a road.

Fuck deer.

Co-signed.

CosmicCowboy
12-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Be glad you didn't hit a moose...

http://tapa.tk/mu/a6cd0f43-3529-de33.jpg
http://tapa.tk/mu/a6cd0f43-3508-b49f.jpg
http://tapa.tk/mu/a6cd0f43-354e-36e5.jpg
http://tapa.tk/mu/a6cd0f43-3565-ac4d.jpg

Frenzy
12-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Good god that moose looks like its part of a mob hit instead of a accident.

DeadlyDynasty
12-08-2010, 05:29 PM
thems good eatins

Tinystarz
12-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Fuck deer.

yeah the deer should know better huh :rolleyes

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 05:57 PM
One armadillo. Felt kinda bad but no way to avoid it. I had a patient who swerved to avoid a rabbit, flipped her car, and ended up paralyzed from the neck down. Very sad, she was a really sweet lady :(

Case in point. And I wouldn't feel bad for offing an armadillo. Such a hideous thing.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Ran over a possum once. I did feel bad because it didn't die and it crawled off with broken hind legs. Looked pitiful as fuck.

Other than that just squirrels but I swear I hit one full speed once and it bounced off my tire and then ran off. Crazy shit!

balli
12-08-2010, 06:29 PM
I hit a baby owl once. Didn't know what it was till I parked and went back up the road. Broke my damn heart.

A dog tried to crush itself under my tires a couple months ago, but due to my cat-like reflexes I was able to swerve and she just ran into the passenger door and bounced off and ended up being alright.

ALVAREZ6
12-08-2010, 06:30 PM
yeah the deer should know better huh :rolleyes
Blow me

balli
12-08-2010, 06:32 PM
MoMXovAuCKA

PuttPutt
12-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Here's my list for the past 17 years of driving....

3 squirrels
1 dog
1 deer
4 rabbits
2 snakes
30 or so birds
1 armadillo
4 opossum
1 rat

I don't swerve out of the way for nothing, but elk & moose. If it's in the way, it's going to die.

CuckingFunt
12-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Do bugs count? Otherwise, nothing. Thank goodness. I did once run over a lump of previously hit cat, and even that nearly broke my heart.

silverblk mystix
12-08-2010, 08:31 PM
How many of god's beautiful creatures have met an untimely death with you behind the wheel, and what kinds? Ever feel bad about it?

I've hit about 5 birds and a countless amount of squirrels, but those little bastards double back so they shouldn't count. I also bagged an armadillo in Amarillo, TX. Not much else, tbh.

Intentionally or unintentionally?

Viva Las Espuelas
12-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Do bugs count? Otherwise, nothing. Thank goodness. I did once run over a lump of previously hit cat, and even that nearly broke my heart.

what a puss.

KapitanTutan
12-08-2010, 09:23 PM
i hit my drunk neighbor one night

he didn't die tho

Blake
12-11-2010, 03:32 AM
about a year ago, I nailed this dog that darted out from nowhere.

About a half mile down the road, this car zooms up behind me flashing it's lights and honking at me. I'm thinking I might have some car part hanging off, so I pull over.

This lady jumps out of the car screaming "I saw what you did back there! You ran over that dog, left it to die and I'm calling the cops on you!"

If it had been a messageboard I would have told her to fuck off.

Real life, so I told her "hey it's not my fault that dog's owner didn't obey the leash law"

she replied, "really? what if it had been a kid that had run out?"

I just shook my head, needed to get going, and didn't feel like pointing out the failure in her statements. I just said, "do what you want, but you should be giving that dog owner a hard time......not me."

"Oh, you can bet I'm calling the cops and giving them your license plate and I took pictures as evidence."

Stupid people are stupid.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-11-2010, 05:28 AM
I'd have posed for the picture.