PDA

View Full Version : Signs of Life for Spurs Defense

buttsR4rebounding
12-09-2010, 04:58 AM
Over the last 10 games the Spurs lead the league in......Free Throw Defense!!! Opponents have shot only 69% from the line against the Spurs over that span while the Spurs have shot 81%. Way to get that defense gelling Pop! No need to worry about 47% Opp FG% or 40% Opp 3 pt FG%, we have found the key to victory.:nope Get that off of the line.:nope

Bambililos
12-09-2010, 05:52 AM
:rollin

Sotongball21
12-09-2010, 06:02 AM
loool, that shows, spurs best defence is not having anyone guarding at all. lmao.

MI21
12-09-2010, 06:53 AM
The Spurs routinely had one of the best opposition FT%'s back in the Alamodome days, I always wondered if the depth perception in such a huge stadium played a part in that.

As for this year, it's obviously a lot of luck but perhaps the Spurs are just playing better defense by not fouling good FT shooters.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-09-2010, 07:02 AM
The Spurs routinely had one of the best opposition FT%'s back in the Alamodome days, I always wondered if the depth perception in such a huge stadium played a part in that.

As for this year, it's obviously a lot of luck but perhaps the Spurs are just playing better defense by not fouling good FT shooters.

Very perceptive. :tu

So many of the NBA's ill-disciplined teams screw that up time and time again. Wizards love to foul the wrong guy, for eg.

anonoftheinternets
12-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Very perceptive. :tu

So many of the NBA's ill-disciplined teams screw that up time and time again. Wizards love to foul the wrong guy, for eg.

good point. Pop always emphasized not fouling the best players. Like after the first dallas game in the PO last year. Its been one of his oft repeated directives.

I guess OP did not realize his "joke" actually had something meaningful in there. :lol

Jason R
12-09-2010, 12:52 PM

That was why it was called the Alamodoom.

Seventyniner
12-09-2010, 09:15 PM
http://knickerblogger.net/statpage/2011/o_oe.htm

Knickerblogger's advanced stats show that the Spurs allow the fewest FT attempts per FG attempt of any team in the league. I know this doesn't have to go with FT%, but allowing fewer FT attempts (and believe it or not, forcing turnovers) is a big reason the Spurs are 7th in the league in defensive efficiency.