PDA

View Full Version : Storage Wars

JudynTX
12-09-2010, 11:05 AM
:lol Is anyone watching this? Damn, some of the units they bid on seem like junk at first, but you can also find some nice collectibles. Last week they auctioned off Suge Knight's storage units. :lol

http://www.aetv.com/newspage/a-e-new-original-series-storage-wars-premieres-wednesday-december-1-54866

Viva Las Espuelas
12-09-2010, 11:09 AM
You watch some of the strangest things :lol

JudynTX
12-09-2010, 11:13 AM
You watch some of the strangest things :lol

Actually, it's pretty interesting. If you don't pay your storage units, someone else will buy your shit. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
12-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah. Coincidentally, a colleague of mine recently told me that storage places auction off peoples stuff if they go delinquent on them. I believe my colleague said it's kinda like Let's Make a Deal. You bid on a unit without opening it and you go from there.

JudynTX
12-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah. Coincidentally, a colleague of mine recently told me that storage places auction off peoples stuff if they go delinquent on them. I believe my colleague said it's kinda like Let's Make a Deal. You bid on a unit without opening it and you go from there.

Yep, you have 5 minutes to look at it, can't open boxes, and then the bidding starts. One unit had a collectible car in it. :wow

Soul_Patch
12-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Sounds kinda cool...my luck it would be a bunch of old clothes and some wire hangers.

How much do they normally sell for?

JudynTX
12-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Sounds kinda cool...my luck it would be a bunch of old clothes and some wire hangers.

How much do they normally sell for?

As low as 300-400, up to 3,000.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I take it the barrio isn't the setting for this show

mrsmaalox
12-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I saw it in the listings and my first thought was "How interesting can Tupperware and Rubbermaid containers possibly be??" :tongue

But it sounds pretty good. Those storage auctions were real popular and considered big entertainment where I lived in Washington.

Richard Cranium
12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I watched it the other night and they found a classic coke machine. Pretty cool show.

ashbeeigh
12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Spike has a similar show called Auction Hunters. The 2-3 episodes I watched were good. They got a a storage unit for $1 and ended up finding a classic train in the unit and selling it for about $200/$300. Not too bad at the end of the day. I haven't had chance to watch this one yet, though.

It's one of those like Pawn Stars and American Pickers. That's all I watch on the weekends. I love that shit.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Those Pawn Stars dudes are a weird group. The old man realllly creeps me out. I would not go to grandpa's house that much if he was mine.

RandomGuy
12-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Those Pawn Stars dudes are a weird group. The old man realllly creeps me out. I would not go to grandpa's house that much if he was mine.

Hate to be trapped in an elevator with that dude and Chumley.

I'd have to kick 'em both in the nads. :nutkick:

Viva Las Espuelas
12-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Who's chumley? The friend? Yeah he's creepy, too.

PM5K
12-09-2010, 04:01 PM
I know a lot of reality shows are fake, but this one seems more fake than all of the rest.

Taco
12-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I like that show !

JudynTX
12-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I know a lot of reality shows are fake, but this one seems more fake than all of the rest.

How so?

IronMexican
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Panda spur watches the most useless shows. She sits at her desk eating bon bons all day, and complains about better looking female co-workers, then goes home and eats more bon bons while watching TV and forces her husband to have to touch her.

JudynTX
12-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, well anyway.

Last night's episodes were kinda weak. Lots of junk in the storage rooms. :lol
One contained a Moonshine still.

AnthonyM
01-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Just started watching this since it's what came on after Dog...

It's pretty interesting, but I hate Dave.

JudynTX
01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Just started watching this since it's what came on after Dog...

It's pretty interesting, but I hate Dave.

Me too. He's so arrogant, flashing his wad of cash. :lol

New episodes start next week. :toast

DJ Mbenga
07-23-2011, 12:39 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/d58/44e/5a3/resized/storage-wars-dave-meme-generator-is-that-darryl-bidding-yeeeeeeeeeeeeup-32fc67.jpg?1303872434.jpg

DMC
07-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Fake real tv...

OH look, a picasso... the 2nd one I've found today.

Wow this one has nothing but some old boxes. What's in them? Hmmm... this is a real Honus Wagner card, still in the wax paper it was orginally put in. How weird.

DMC
07-23-2011, 01:01 AM
I take it the barrio isn't the setting for this show

"dude check it out... it looks like a brand new Kenmore washer still in the box.... let's open it... wow... there's an undocumented Mexican living in it... I wonder what his shirt is worth"

Libri
07-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Fake real tv...

Wow this one has nothing but some old boxes. What's in them? Hmmm... this is a real Honus Wagner card, still in the wax paper it was orginally put in. How weird.

Message to all posters.

Baseball cards aren't worth much nowadays because the market is saturated. Therefore if someone here wants to get rid of their old stuff like an original Wagner, please let me know. I'd be really really really really really really happy to take that old Honus Wagner card off your hands. Thanks. :D

4>0rings
07-23-2011, 01:57 AM
There's that one guy, Barry, who always loses money. :lmao Though he's just in it for his collection.

Show's pretty good.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

Dr. Gonzo
07-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Panda spur watches the most useless shows. She sits at her desk eating bon bons all day, and complains about better looking female co-workers, then goes home and eats more bon bons while watching TV and forces her husband to have to touch her.

Replace bon bons with any random fast food place and you would be entirely accurate.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-23-2011, 10:31 AM
she exemplifies the average middle aged American woman. She's probably someone who calls in and votes on American idol 10 times every episode but doesn't bother to vote during presidential elections.

BlackSwordsMan
07-23-2011, 10:34 AM
I jacked off to brandi like two days ago

Tinystarz
07-23-2011, 10:48 AM

:lol ass

Fake real tv...

:lmao

Chachachango
07-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah I like the show. I like the girl from the show I cant remember her name but she looks like a good fuck. The guys from spiketv are fkin annoying.

Chachachango
07-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I jacked off to brandi like two days ago :toast

She fine.

benefactor
07-23-2011, 12:06 PM
I watch it some. It's cool to see what they find. I know it can't be real though...because Dave would've gotten punched in the face a long time ago.