PDA

View Full Version : 11 year old can dunk

lefty
12-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Sequ can't watch this video by the way

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Seventh-grader-throws-down-thunder-dunk-on-a-fas?urn=highschool-293433

Hooks
12-09-2010, 12:46 PM
I remember Rodney Carney and a couple other guys in a McDonalds dunking contest saying they first dunked in 6th grade. 6'2 and 140lbs, dude is skinny as fuck.

Cry Havoc
12-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I remember Rodney Carney and a couple other guys in a McDonalds dunking contest saying they first dunked in 6th grade. 6'2 and 140lbs, dude is skinny as fuck.

How much muscle did you have on your frame when you were 12 years old?

The Gemini Method
12-09-2010, 01:05 PM
How much muscle did you have on your frame when you were 12 years old?

There was a local kid at that age who was dunking @ 12 and he was a willow reed lol. Funny thing was--he was white and all the black kids used to be supremely jealous about the fact that they were getting dunked on by this guy. Don't know what happened to him--but last I heard he was trying his hand @ Hold 'em.

Gutter92
12-09-2010, 01:11 PM
what? half the ppl on this forum have been dunking since 11 bro

Cry Havoc
12-09-2010, 01:15 PM
There was a local kid at that age who was dunking @ 12 and he was a willow reed lol. Funny thing was--he was white and all the black kids used to be supremely jealous about the fact that they were getting dunked on by this guy. Don't know what happened to him--but last I heard he was trying his hand @ Hold 'em.

Heh. Funny you mention that. I can't dunk at 5'10" (I can get damn close though), but as a white guy I primarily end up playing pick-up ball with a group of black guys. There are days when I am up against some pretty damn good competition and I just do what I can do move the ball, shooting if I'm open, that kind of thing, but as often as not I find that they drastically underestimate any shorter white guys who step on the floor.

Blocking people at 5'9" (happens a lot, actually, cause anyone who's above 6'0" thinks they don't have to jump much to get a shot off) used to be my favorite thing to do on the court. Now, it's seeing the look on the face of the guy I just burned for the 3rd time as he realizes he's getting schooled by a short white kid who hasn't talked a word of trash the entire game. :lol It is seriously priceless when the other members of his team asks if he wants to switch on D. :tu Some of the expressions I see after making a tough layup are hilarious. :lol

The Gemini Method
12-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Heh. Funny you mention that. I can't dunk at 5'10" (I can get damn close though), but as a white guy I primarily end up playing pick-up ball with a group of black guys. There are days when I am up against some pretty damn good competition and I just do what I can do move the ball, shooting if I'm open, that kind of thing, but as often as not I find that they drastically underestimate any shorter white guys who step on the floor.

Blocking people at 5'9" (happens a lot, actually, cause anyone who's above 6'0" thinks they don't have to jump much to get a shot off) used to be my favorite thing to do on the court. Now, it's seeing the look on the face of the guy I just burned for the 3rd time as he realizes he's getting schooled by a short white kid who hasn't talked a word of trash the entire game. :lol It is seriously priceless when the other members of his team asks if he wants to switch on D. :tu Some of the expressions I see after making a tough layup are hilarious. :lol

I'm mixed with two ethnicities that are usually vertically challenged, so I can't really dunk, but at 6' I'm normally the tallest guy on our team and so I'm stuck in the middle at the 5.

We used to have PG that was the spitting image of Pistol Pete. I mean, same shaggy hair, same Southern roots, and the uncanny ability to make passes that you'd see at a Globetrotter expose. Funny how he would beat some L.A.'s High School top players with his quickness and barely reaching 5'5 in height. The best was when he had a breakaway and would end up posterizing someone who thought he'd get an easy dunk on the PG lol.