PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin, meet Andre Miller

Cry Havoc
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
gLAPJiETLCE

BUMP
12-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I still have not played a single second of Modern Warfare 2. Didn't buy it, won't play it.

Anyone who doubted me on that can suck it. Some people actually follow through on what they say they're going to do.

I still have not played a single second of Modern Warfare 2. Didn't buy it, won't play it.

Anyone who doubted me on that can suck it. Some people actually follow through on what they say they're going to do.

monosylab1k
12-09-2010, 01:58 PM
:lol tbh the more I see of Griffin the more I think he's a massive douche.

TheMACHINE
12-09-2010, 02:01 PM
sucks Miller got suspended and stopped his consecutive games played streak

Fpoonsie
12-09-2010, 02:13 PM

He got suspended for that?!

Fuckin' pussy league...

CubanSucks
12-09-2010, 02:17 PM
He took it like a bitch tbh

Cry Havoc
12-09-2010, 02:25 PM

He got suspended for doing the same thing that Griffin was doing to him? That's ridiculous.

SourCandy
12-09-2010, 02:31 PM
grif was more sneaky about it.

koriwhat
12-09-2010, 02:33 PM
dude, duncan gets the same treatment daily... always getting pushed under the basket and no call. ridiculous shitty refs in the nba.

TheMACHINE
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-sports/2010/12/09/andre-miller-calls-the-nba-a-soft-league/

Portland Trail Blazer guard Andre Miller believes the NBA has turned into the NFL.

Nobody is allowed to hit anyone.

Miller was suspended for a game after pushing Los Angeles forward Blake Griffin. The suspension ends Miller’s 632-game playing streak.

The Portland guard was not assessed a foul on the play.

“It just shows you how soft the league has gotten, protecting young players,” Miller said. “It’s not like it was when I came in this league.”

Miller contends he was pushed twice by Griffin before he retaliated but doesn’t expect the league to give the Clippers’ forward extra attention.

“No, not really, because he’s going to get away with it,” Miller said. “I don’t have nothing against him being an aggressive big man. I don’t think I would have been suspended if there was a flagrant foul called on the court. (Blazers center Marcus) Camby whacked someone in the face and he didn’t get suspend. The rules don’t apply to everyone.”

Copyright 2010 USATODAY.com

Fpoonsie
12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow. That's...pretty fuckin gay.

TheMACHINE
12-09-2010, 02:43 PM
The suspension ends Miller’s 632-game playing streak.

sad

Cry Havoc
12-09-2010, 02:44 PM
http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-sports/2010/12/09/andre-miller-calls-the-nba-a-soft-league/

Portland Trail Blazer guard Andre Miller believes the NBA has turned into the NFL.

Nobody is allowed to hit anyone.

Miller was suspended for a game after pushing Los Angeles forward Blake Griffin. The suspension ends Miller’s 632-game playing streak.

The Portland guard was not assessed a foul on the play.

“It just shows you how soft the league has gotten, protecting young players,” Miller said. “It’s not like it was when I came in this league.”

Miller contends he was pushed twice by Griffin before he retaliated but doesn’t expect the league to give the Clippers’ forward extra attention.

“No, not really, because he’s going to get away with it,” Miller said. “I don’t have nothing against him being an aggressive big man. I don’t think I would have been suspended if there was a flagrant foul called on the court. (Blazers center Marcus) Camby whacked someone in the face and he didn’t get suspend. The rules don’t apply to everyone.”

Copyright 2010 USATODAY.com

That's horrible. If anything, smaller players need to be protected far more than bigger guys.

Charge the refs with making the first two push in the backs, and then there's not a problem here. You can't let the officials just blow calls like that and expect players to let themselves get pushed and fouled all game with no response. If Griffin was whistled for a foul, he would have stopped and there would be no need for Miller to get suspended.

:lmao at the NBA. "We didn't call a foul on the play, but we'll suspend you for it."

Chomag
12-09-2010, 02:52 PM
The Battle in the paint is a man's game. I overall I think the Refs needs to start swallowing their whistle a bit. It's getting to where any contact is a foul. A foul should be called of course but no need to blow the whistle at every ticky-tack thing,

Here You have players fighting for position nothing more. Miller wasn't doing that here however. He just wanted to go at the guy.:lol

(in before the trolls take over. Oh wait, top late..)

Rip-Hamilton32
12-09-2010, 04:07 PM
right after Andre floored him Griffin just got up cause he knew he deserved it

ohmwrecker
12-09-2010, 04:13 PM
That was worth the suspension. Put Blake in his place tbh.

IronMexican
12-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Not liking Blake much.

And Tyrus Thomas is better than him in 2k11.

BUMP
12-09-2010, 05:21 PM
That's horrible. If anything, smaller players need to be protected far more than bigger guys.

Charge the refs with making the first two push in the backs, and then there's not a problem here. You can't let the officials just blow calls like that and expect players to let themselves get pushed and fouled all game with no response. If Griffin was whistled for a foul, he would have stopped and there would be no need for Miller to get suspended.

:lmao at the NBA. "We didn't call a foul on the play, but we'll suspend you for it."

Are you fucking retarded? :lmao:lmao

Blake Griffin's plays were two blown calls, sure, but it was incidental contact with two players fighting for the ball. Andre Miller took a fucking cheapshot running full speed down the court and decking him.

Are you saying that everytime a call is blown, that somebody should respond with a cheap shot?

Killakobe81
12-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Are you fucking retarded? :lmao:lmao

Blake Griffin's plays were two blown calls, sure, but it was incidental contact with two players fighting for the ball. Andre Miller took a fucking cheapshot running full speed down the court and decking him.

Are you saying that everytime a call is blown, that somebody should respond with a cheap shot?

have to agree with bump, wht andre did was far more eggregious ....
Blake does have a little nasty to his game but i watched Carl Landry take actual cheap shots at him all night when the played in Sacto ...

It seems that is the blueprint vets are using on Blake ...

BUMP
12-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Blake does have a little nasty to his game but i watched Carl Landry take actual cheap shots at him all night when the played in Sacto ...

Even since college, that's what teams have tried to do. He seems like Kobe in the sense that if you tick him off, it just angers him more.

I've been a huge Griffin fan since his days at OU, I remember when Michigan tried to do that shit to him in the tournament. They tried, undercutting him when he jumped, twisting his arm in looseballs, and a bunch of other stuff and he ended up just destroying them.

kca4Oej7Pz0

Cry Havoc
12-09-2010, 06:29 PM

Incidental contact? Blake Griffin shoving Andre Miller out of the way on two almost identical circumstances is not incidental. It's Blake bullying smaller players, and the refs allowing it.

Dre was just making a point. If what he did was SO bad, as you claim BUMP, why was he not even called for a foul on the play?

If the officiating is that bad that they can miss two obvious fouls and third that deserves a suspension, the officiating here is extremely questionable at best. Officials are paid to keep control of a game. Not only did they fail in this aspect but if they are allowing such contact to go unpenalized under the hoop, I can't blame Dre for going at Griffin.

Again, if the officials blow a call that's so bad it deserves a suspension, then the officiating is more at fault than Dre. If you've ever played a game of ball in your life (obviously you haven't), you'd know that you do what you have to on the court to keep the respect of the other players. Since the refs were letting Griffin do whatever he wanted, Dre needed to retaliate to end the physicality. It was no more a cheap shot than Blake blatantly pushing Miller in the back when he is 2x his size and shouldn't need to go OTB to get a rebound in the first place.

ElNono
12-09-2010, 06:34 PM
It's more like Andre Miller meet David Stern, tbh

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-09-2010, 06:34 PM
NBA has gone pussy.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Even since college, that's what teams have tried to do. He seems like Kobe in the sense that if you tick him off, it just angers him more.

I've been a huge Griffin fan since his days at OU, I remember when Michigan tried to do that shit to him in the tournament. They tried, undercutting him when he jumped, twisting his arm in looseballs, and a bunch of other stuff and he ended up just destroying them.

kca4Oej7Pz0
:wow

Fpoonsie
12-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Gotta agree with CH here, BUMP. While I understand your argument that the league office not doing SOMETHING in this instance sets a dangerous precedent, this should've been handled MUCH better mid-game.

An egregious oversight on the part of the officiating crew.

4down
12-09-2010, 06:39 PM
The refs let them handle that situation all on their own. NBA should have left it at that. Three blown calls, but the players were able to check themselves. No biggie.

And :lol at ppl trying to say what Miller did was worse. Or that what Griffin did was incidental contact. You shouldn't need to shove a guard in the back if you're 6'9" bench 600 lbs and have a 75" vert. That was lazy rebounding and really more like Griffin was just bullying him to see what he could get away with and Miller just got pissed and tagged him. No one got hurt, (Dre couldn't really hurt him anyway) Griffin got the message and they just kept playing. Shoulda been end of story.

SpursDynasty85
12-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I agree. Griffin had no right pushing Andre Miller in the back like that. Andre had every right to do that to Griffin.

Killakobe81
12-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Incidental contact? Blake Griffin shoving Andre Miller out of the way on two almost identical circumstances is not incidental. It's Blake bullying smaller players, and the refs allowing it.

Dre was just making a point. If what he did was SO bad, as you claim BUMP, why was he not even called for a foul on the play?

If the officiating is that bad that they can miss two obvious fouls and third that deserves a suspension, the officiating here is extremely questionable at best. Officials are paid to keep control of a game. Not only did they fail in this aspect but if they are allowing such contact to go unpenalized under the hoop, I can't blame Dre for going at Griffin.

Again, if the officials blow a call that's so bad it deserves a suspension, then the officiating is more at fault than Dre. If you've ever played a game of ball in your life (obviously you haven't), you'd know that you do what you have to on the court to keep the respect of the other players. Since the refs were letting Griffin do whatever he wanted, Dre needed to retaliate to end the physicality. It was no more a cheap shot than Blake blatantly pushing Miller in the back when he is 2x his size and shouldn't need to go OTB to get a rebound in the first place.

I never said it was incidental contact, so dont know why you quoted me ...

But i did say what he (andre) did was worse provocation or not. and no, i did not advocate his suspension either because i agree the league HAS gotten too soft ....

BUMP
12-09-2010, 08:21 PM
It's Blake bullying smaller players, and the refs allowing it.

Actually that's wrong so I should just ignore the rest of what you said.

Cause the officials are idiots. Not sure why you're arguing with me on that. I never defended the officiating.

Point is that they missed two missed calls that were very weak fouls and then Andre Miller decides to give him a cheap shot. If everybody got that asshurt during games half the team would be ejected

CubanSucks
12-09-2010, 08:42 PM
:wow

you've never seen a dunk before?