PDA

View Full Version : Troll review. Which trolls are bringing the goods and which aren't?

midnightpulp
12-09-2010, 04:07 PM
In light of HH's post calling for more creative trolling and humor, I think it's a good idea to survey the NBA forum community and find out the consensus opinion on which are trolls are good and which trolls just plain blow. This way, we can gauge the sensibilities of the communit and work toward improving content.

Rate the following trolls on a 1-10 scale (and if possible, don't let what team they root for cloud your objectivity. Rate them on creativity, comedic value, originality, etc):

Culburn
Lakaluva
Koolaid_Man
History2b
21_Dickings
BUMP (when he's in troll mode)
Mono (troll mode)
Midnightpulp (troll mode)
HarlemHeat (troll mode)
Stretch (troll mode)
Roddy Beaubois
Rick Ross
Gold Tooth Carl
Native American
Rappin' Shaq
OGBobbyJohnson
JJ Hickson
Bill Walton
TheLakaluvaLibrary
TheLakaluvaMentalAsylum
Phillip
GreyNamedSpurFan (needs to post more)
IgnorantSpurFan (same)
KennyPowers
Lefty (troll mode)
BRHornet (troll mode)
Picklebreath

This list is somewhat short, considering that all of BUMP's alternates have been retired and that the list was off the top of my head, so if you have any names to add, feel free.

Phillip
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
In light of HH's post calling for more creative trolling and humor, I think it's a good idea to survey the NBA forum community and find out the consensus opinion on which are trolls are good and which trolls just plain blow. This way, we can gauge the sensibilities of the communit and work toward improving content.

Rate the following trolls on a 1-10 scale (and if possible, don't let what team they root for cloud your objectivity. Rate them on creativity, comedic value, originality, etc):

Culburn
Lakaluva
Koolaid_Man
History2b
21_Dickings
Mono (troll mode)
HarlemHeat (troll mode)
Stretch (troll mode)
Roddy Beaubois
Rick Ross
Gold Tooth Carl
Native American
Rappin' Shaq
OGBobbyJohnson
JJ Hickson
Bill Walton
TheLakaluvaLibrary
TheLakaluvaMentalAsylum
Phillip
IgnorantSpurFan (same)
KennyPowers

This list is somewhat short, considering that all of BUMP's alternates have been retired and that the list was off the top of my head, so if you have any names to add, feel free.

you have just been trolled

history2b
12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Think about the level of delusion it takes to be so deeply engulfed in a message board / virtual life to initiate a conversation like this.

I sincerely believe that pulp will be a case study for psychologists in the future as they attempt to dissect individuals so obsessed some form of the internet they cannot separate real life from their cyber one.

LnGrrrR
12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Native American - 10
Rapping Shaq - 9.99
Lakaluva Library - 9.5
Lakaluva - 7
Culburn - 5 (was an 8 before he started posting same shit all the time)

Koolaid - negative 4,673,603,229,630,201

LnGrrrR
12-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Think about the level of delusion it takes to be so deeply engulfed in a message board / virtual life to initiate a conversation like this.

I sincerely believe that pulp will be a case study for psychologists in the future as they attempt to dissect individuals so obsessed some form of the internet they cannot separate real life from their cyber one.

Think about the level of delusion it takes to be so deeply engulfed in a message board / virtual life to psychoanalyze someone across the internet.

midnightpulp
12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Names added:

Lefty (troll mode)
BRHornet (troll mode)
Picklebreath

Muser
12-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Lakaluva Library was fucking awesome imo, last troll to really make me laugh.

4>0rings
Native American is dead, hasn't posted in a long time. GOAT

YoungB
Hi

midnightpulp
12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Think about the level of delusion it takes to be so deeply engulfed in a message board / virtual life to psychoanalyze someone across the internet.

:lol

History doesn't understand irony too well, as was proven in an older thread where I had to link the wiki definition of irony for him.

Muser
Names added:

Lefty (troll mode)
BRHornet (troll mode)
Picklebreath

:wtf

koriwhat
Culburn
Lakaluva
Koolaid_Man
History2b
21_Dickings
Mono (troll mode)
HarlemHeat (troll mode)
Stretch (troll mode)
Roddy Beaubois
Rick Ross
Gold Tooth Carl
Native American
Rappin' Shaq
OGBobbyJohnson
JJ Hickson
Bill Walton
TheLakaluvaLibrary
TheLakaluvaMentalAsylum
Phillip
IgnorantSpurFan (same)
KennyPowers

:td

you all suck you fuckin' fags!

ohmwrecker
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/neogaf/HarrisonFord.gif

midnightpulp
12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
:wtf

His one liners and the like.

Ace
12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Koriwhat tbh

history2b
12-09-2010, 04:19 PM

You don't even understand what you read lol.

It takes literally no time to make a simple recognition of deranged personality, unless you are a complete moron.

Safe assumption in this case.

ohmwrecker
12-09-2010, 04:21 PM
lol no self awareness

history2b
12-09-2010, 04:21 PM

History doesn't understand irony too well, as was proven in an older thread where I had to link the wiki definition of irony for him.

lol @ wiki'ing anything.

You just one of the millions of morons out there that does not recognize the true definition of irony which is often confused with coincidence.

Google it, you may learn something today.

kamikazi_player
12-09-2010, 04:23 PM
One troll I really liked was epic fail. I liked that he appears out of nowhere and basically tries to be friends with the poster :lol

history2b
12-09-2010, 04:24 PM
lol no self awareness

Hush little troll until you learn to sack up and give a straight answer like a man.

LnGrrrR
12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
You don't even understand what you read lol.

It takes literally no time to make a simple recognition of deranged personality, unless you are a complete moron.

You're right, it's pretty easy to tell you are deranged.

Gold Tooth Carl
12-09-2010, 04:26 PM

Why so serious calf tats?

LnGrrrR
12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
One troll I really liked was epic fail. I liked that he appears out of nowhere and basically tries to be friends with the poster :lol

Good call. Epic Fail was pretty awesome. I loved his whole "Hey, someone asked for me?" shtick.

DeadlyDynasty
12-09-2010, 04:27 PM
All of mine failed miserably, par the course. I did get a new appreciation for the effectiveness of good trolls tho.

midnightpulp
12-09-2010, 04:30 PM
lol @ wiki'ing anything.

You just one of the millions of morons out there that does not recognize the true definition of irony which is often confused with coincidence.

Google it, you may learn something today.

You being a retard calling someone else a retard when your own retardation surpasses the retardation of the person you're insulting would be classified as an ironic incongruence. There's nothing "coincidental" about it.

Jesus Christ, you're fuckin' retarded. And me calling you retarded when I myself am not could be defined as a "coincidence," given how incredibly fucktarded you are.

"Hey! Midnight just called history2b retarded."

"Wow. That's a coincidence, since history2b does indeed suffer from Down's Syndrome."

Blake
12-09-2010, 04:30 PM
lol @ wiki'ing anything.

Google it.

lol

history2b
12-09-2010, 04:31 PM
You're right, it's pretty easy to tell you are deranged.

Can you make it any more obvious that you only took offense because your 10000+ posts didn't exactly make you feel good?

Ease up boss. It's just a message board.

ElNono
12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
h2b with the epic failure, par the course.
unfortunately these posters are never going to evolve from 'troll wingman', imo.

The Gemini Method
12-09-2010, 04:35 PM
I would say the Native American and Lakaluva Library brought it. The least likely to be worthy of The Great Purge? I would have to get back to you on that. The list wouldn't be anything shorter than 3 MB at least.

ElNono
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Epic Fail was one of my favorites back in the day... Native American was also definitely up there.

HarlemHeat is pretty good too...

Gold Tooth Carl
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Lakaluva with no goods - the only poster to ever get bukkaked by a forum and himself

The Gemini Method
12-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Epic Fail was one of my favorites back in the day... Native American was also definitely up there.

HarlemHeat is pretty good too...

Harlem is effective at eliciting a response from most of those that ride with the Purple N Gold and even the Spurs side of things. Sometimes I'll laugh and others, well, I just have to roll the eyes.

ohmwrecker
12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Hush little troll until you learn to sack up and give a straight answer like a man.

lol thinking I owe you a "straight answer" . . . shut the fuck up.

LnGrrrR
12-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Can you make it any more obvious that you only took offense because your 10000+ posts didn't exactly make you feel good?

Ease up boss. It's just a message board.

Only a complete moron couldn't see that you were deranged.

midnightpulp
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM
The time to take history2b serious is upon us. Much like you and I, he is man. A man that deserves to be taken seriously as a heart attack suffered while piloting a zeppelin over bacon factory. Which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zeppelin crashes into that bacon factory. All us will be without bacon and that simply just will not due.

Post more.

This is exactly the kind of content the NBA forum needs an injection of.

LRMR
12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
We here at LRMR have recently decided to expand our clientele. If you are interested in our representation because you don't want to stop listening to your friends and posters think maybe you should just disappear, now is the time to find a new voice to market your brand. We will help improve your troll.

And remember, when you do troll, troll for the fucking kids.

Don Draper
12-09-2010, 05:01 PM
The NBA Forum is in need of a makeover, gentlemen. And frankly I don't see the talent necessary to pull it off. But for now, let's start with a new slogan, maybe someone can work up a jingle to go with it.

What does a woman really want? Does she want a man that comes home from work, has a glass of scotch, reads the paper, watches the news, gives her some half-assed oral sex and then passes out on the couch? No, absolutely not. A woman wants a man that has no job, who sits at home all day posting with trolls on SpursTalk, and thus has the energy to give her very vigorous sex for hours on end later in the day. That's what a woman wants, gentlemen. Let's give her what she wants.

The NBA Forum - Troll So Hard That She'll Thank You Later

alright fellas, meeting's over. I've got a secretary to bang.

Don Draper
12-09-2010, 05:03 PM
We here at LRMR have recently decided to expand our clientele. If you are interested in our representation because you don't want to stop listening to your friends and posters think maybe you should just disappear, now is the time to find a new voice to market your brand. We will help improve your troll.

And remember, when you do troll, troll for the fucking kids.

Beat it fellas, Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce has this one covered. Frankly, if you lived in my day you'd be operating our elevators.

midnightpulp
12-09-2010, 05:03 PM
The NBA Forum is in need of a makeover, gentlemen. And frankly I don't see the talent necessary to pull it off. But for now, let's start with a new slogan, maybe someone can work up a jingle to go with it.

What does a woman really want? Does she want a man that comes home from work, has a glass of scotch, reads the paper, watches the news, gives her some half-assed oral sex and then passes out on the couch? No, absolutely not. A woman wants a man that has no job, who sits at home all day posting with trolls on SpursTalk, and thus has the energy to give her very vigorous sex for hours on end later in the day. That's what a woman wants, gentlemen. Let's give her what she wants.

The Gemini Method
12-09-2010, 05:05 PM

Any Mad Men troll is a must-have on the boards imho...Don for the win (siempre). :toast

Bieber Fever
12-09-2010, 05:07 PM

OMG mii great gramma wud luv u frealz. shes 35. u want da hookup?

but tbh ii gets more pucci than you dawg

ElNono
12-09-2010, 05:08 PM
some good ones here lately... :lol

tbh, we need a Dan Gilbert troll posting in Comic Sans...

Green Man
12-09-2010, 05:10 PM
GREEN MAN!greenman

BUMP
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Culburn
Lakaluva
Koolaid_Man
History2b
21_Dickings
Mono (troll mode)
HarlemHeat (troll mode)
Stretch (troll mode)
Roddy Beaubois
Rick Ross
Gold Tooth Carl
Native American
Rappin' Shaq
OGBobbyJohnson
JJ Hickson
Bill Walton
TheLakaluvaLibrary
TheLakaluvaMentalAsylum
Phillip
IgnorantSpurFan (same)
KennyPowers
Lefty (troll mode)
BRHornet (troll mode)
Picklebreath

Ignorant Spurs Fan just hit me up and told me he will no longer be posting here, so he should be taken off the list, imho

The only ones who flat out suck are Koolaid_Man and history2b.

Koolaid never makes any sense, and history2b is just an asshurt pussy. That is all

BUMP
12-09-2010, 05:16 PM
And the 2nd page has been the goods so far :lol

Killakobe81
12-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Native american is the best ... he does seem to have an anti Laker bias but he is the most creative and funny troll on this whole site ...

I dont give props to anyone else on here as trolls because it's mostly childish crap or a defense mechanism used because they dont like the fact the Lakers, spurs or Mavs are winnning or because they feel threatened when Kobe, lebron, duncan, Dirk, Dwill or durant gets love from the media ...who cares?

Mugen
12-09-2010, 05:38 PM
luva used to be good til the Lakeshow's 4 game losing streak.

then he started making all those butthurt Spurs related threads like a faggot.

Fpoonsie
12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
luva has taken a fucking nosedive as of late. He used to be one of my favorites, but the constant reach-around that he and kool give each other ACTUALLY makes me leave the basement and go back upstairs. And I HATE it upstairs. And I suppose I understand mid's thought process behind his replies and subsequent response threads, but it doesn't make this place any more entertaining.

As far as the ones that're still effective, the MK continues to have the successful trolls on lock. (Who tha fuck is RoddyBukkake, btw?) I still fucking roll when random "objective" GNSF responds to IgnorantSpurFan and tells him to lay off the Lakers or Mavs.

BUMP
12-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah it really is a shame that Ignorant Spurs Fan has decided to retire for good.

He just texted me saying he's at his beach house in Madagascar polishing his 4 rings

Fpoonsie
12-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah it really is a shame that Ignorant Spurs Fan has decided to retire for good.

He just texted me saying he's at his beach house in Madagascar polishing his 4 rings

That IS a shame.

JamStone
12-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Some of the old classics are missed when trolling was still an art form. I always enjoyed Donnie Nelson and Mark Jackson personally. Those were grown man trolls. John HollinPER (I think that's the right one because there were two Hollinger trolls, one was much funnier than the other) was funny. And the short lived Courtney Paris made me really laugh for some reason.

And for what it's worth, Rappin' Shaq is and always will be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Andrew Bynum
12-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Koriwhat tbh

:lmao @ your join date tbh

Sisk
12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
3 pages and not one mention of gutter?.......

BUMP
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Some of the old classics are missed when trolling was still an art form. I always enjoyed Donnie Nelson and Mark Jackson personally. Those were grown man trolls. John HollinPER (I think that's the right one because there were two Hollinger trolls, one was much funnier than the other) was funny. And the short lived Courtney Paris made me really laugh for some reason.

And for what it's worth, Rappin' Shaq is and always will be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Just got a text from Mark Jackson also and unfortunately he has long retired from spurstalk as well.

Donnie Nelson was awesome though

Actually I have nothing to do with this trade. I generally shy away from doing things like adding talent to the roster because I'd rather hold onto players that are seasoned vets and know the "Maverick way".

I'm wary of Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood because they might do crazy things like slash to the basket, dunk the ball, play aggressively, and make their layups. That's not Maverick basketball.

Cuban, Carlisle and I had no knowledge of a trade being made until a few minutes ago. All I can say is that Popeye Jones is a sneaky bastard.

:lmao

ElNono
12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
The JHo troll was pretty funny too sometimes. Especially when the real JHo would do something stupid, which was mostly a weekly occurrence back then.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-09-2010, 06:25 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/neogaf/HarrisonFord.gif
This.

Ace
12-09-2010, 06:37 PM

http://geekpadshow.com/files/2009/09/yay-internet.jpg

eisfeld
12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Pretty Simple ...

Bump, Mono, Midnightpulp, HarlemHeat, OGBobbyJackson, lefty and the lakaluva cockroach/camel/library connection are pretty good.

The rest is so la la. Getting attention via posting anti-spurs threads. Nothing else... and people still seem to fall for that.

Roddy Beaubois
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
tbh Luva has been trolling spurfan harder then usual lately, I don't know how though. And Culby did work with his Neal shtick.
Koolaid man has been bringing the bads, per the usual.

Killakobe81
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM

i also enjoyed Rappin shaq and Mark Jackson ...

But to me trolling was never an art form or at least one i get or appreciate. So you say something that gets folks to respond in an an NBA forum how is that getting trolled? Some of the best posts and discussions threads on here started as a response to a troll ... even if that was not the OP's intent or motive.
Now laughing when someone gets emotional or butthurt about someone else's opinion who they dont even know or that should have little significance in their life ...Now that shit is funny.

But Native american doesnt really troll he usually clowns on the Lakers or kobe and gets out ...

MiamiHeat
12-09-2010, 08:35 PM
my names not on your list?

sweet.

frodo
12-09-2010, 08:37 PM

calf tats just mad that he isn't even considered a troll after all his hard efforts of trying to be a troll.

HarlemHeat37
12-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm not a troll, I don't know why I'm included in this:lol..

As for Luva, he's definitely having more success lately, and like Beaubois said, I don't really know how he's doing it..he's using shitty technique, yet it's working..simple Duncan threads are doing the job..

frodo
12-09-2010, 08:41 PM

yup, rappin' shaq is the greatest of all time. he's so great that his origin should be kept secret for ever even though he's been banned already. therefore although i know whose troll he was i'll never tell anyone the truth that it was one of picklebreath's trolls.

frodo
12-09-2010, 08:44 PM
my names not on your list?

sweet.

remove your calf tats and you will have a shot.

CubanSucks
12-09-2010, 09:12 PM
3 pages and not one mention of gutter?.......

I truly believe Gutter92 is legitimately retarded. Though it may seem like he's trolling with the threads he creates, I believe it's more the case of a simpleton with the brain of someone who's been doing LSD for the majority of their life and has a very slim perspective of what's going on around them creating threads about the confusion they experience

CubanSucks
12-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't bring my troll out too often. it kinda sucks

KapitanTutan
12-09-2010, 09:40 PM

:downspin: andrew bynum

KapitanTutan
12-09-2010, 09:43 PM
i envy koolaid's trashtalk skills tbh

Killakobe81
12-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm not a troll, I don't know why I'm included in this:lol..

As for Luva, he's definitely having more success lately, and like Beaubois said, I don't really know how he's doing it..he's using shitty technique, yet it's working..simple Duncan threads are doing the job..

But that is what I dont get ...so what? This is a Spurs site ...if spur fans want to respond to Luva's trollin' and sticking up for duncan can i blame them?

Sisk
12-09-2010, 10:37 PM
I truly believe Gutter92 is legitimately retarded. Though it may seem like he's trolling with the threads he creates, I believe it's more the case of a simpleton with the brain of someone who's been doing LSD for the majority of their life and has a very slim perspective of what's going on around them creating threads about the confusion they experience

I respectfully disagree.

Proving his dominance of trolling on these boards - everyone buys his shit.

Though, I could be wrong and you could be right. We'll never know.

KapitanTutan
12-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I respectfully disagree.

Proving his dominance of trolling on these boards - everyone buys his shit

no shit just ask koriwhat

Koolaid_Man
12-09-2010, 10:42 PM

they all do they're just not ballsy enough to admit it...:toast

YoungB
12-09-2010, 11:10 PM
hey kool aid man post your pic if you aint scared

TE
12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Pretty much, all the Laker trolls are bad imo, tbh. Like really really bad, same shit over and over again.

BUMP is ...... I guess okay. But his shit can get repetitive.

All the others listed are either mavs fans or just retards with nothing else to do but try to troll, and quite frankly, their shit is weak.

ChrisRichards
12-09-2010, 11:32 PM
The Laker guys are the creme of the crop.

Culburn-Has to be one of the GOAT troll in the net period. He's just different than the rest. He's a trend setter all right.

Lakaluva- serious shit talker. I find his total lack of personality in real life both sympathetic & entertaining.

Kool Aid Man-At first he was trying too hard, but he eventually made improvements. He went from an NBDL prospect into a legitimate NBA starter.

honorable mention

OGBobbyJohnon-needs to post more material.

cobbler
12-09-2010, 11:44 PM
w

cobbler
12-09-2010, 11:45 PM
e

cobbler
12-09-2010, 11:45 PM
l

cobbler
12-09-2010, 11:46 PM
c

cobbler
h

Fpoonsie
fuck you, cobb.

cobbler
e

cobbler
r

cobbler
12-09-2010, 11:47 PM
fuck you, cobb.

No thanks.

KapitanTutan
12-09-2010, 11:47 PM
hi cobbler they told me you're an asshole

is it true?

ChrisRichards
12-09-2010, 11:48 PM
I feel kinda bad for you Cobb still holding onto that bet.

cobbler
12-09-2010, 11:49 PM

is it true?

Absolutely! Aren't all Laker fans? :lol

ChrisRichards
12-09-2010, 11:49 PM

is it true?
He's paraplegic. Give him a break.

KapitanTutan
12-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Absolutely! Aren't all Laker fans? :lol

fair enough

cobbler
12-09-2010, 11:53 PM
I feel kinda bad for you Cobb still holding onto that bet.

Holding? Not really. The bet was supposed to be paid to Kori as a donation to ST. $100.00 bucks is no biggie to me. In fact I covered your sorry dishonorable ass and donated it to Kori anyways. I just like pointing out all the HEAT welchers.

cobbler
12-09-2010, 11:56 PM
fuck you, cobb.

Opppps....did we forget what ID we were logged on with? :lol

ChrisRichards
12-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Holding? Not really. The bet was supposed to be paid to Kori as a donation to ST. $100.00 bucks is no biggie to me. In fact I covered your sorry dishonorable ass and donated it to Kori anyways. I just like pointing out all the HEAT welchers.
:lol You're full of shit wheelchair boy.

Fpoonsie
12-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Opppps....did we forget what ID we were logged on with? :lol

...tha fuck?

LnGrrrR
12-10-2010, 12:02 AM

Stupid post is stupid

cobbler
12-10-2010, 12:03 AM
:lol You're full of shit wheelchair boy.

How so welcher boy? Everything in my post is 100% true.... as always!

MiamiHeat
12-12-2010, 06:17 PM
remove your calf tats and you will have a shot.

lol shitty troll attempt

thats koriwhat, the dude who talks like a fucking wigger on the internet