PDA

View Full Version : WTF is Portland doing

Darthkiller
12-09-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/12/8/1865076/berger-blazers-looking-to-go-younger#comments

So the Blazers are looking to trade away their only centers( camby and pryzbilla) and their most healthy player (andre miller who leads nba in consecutive games played). :lmao:lmao

lefty
12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Michael Jordan !!!
Kevin Durant !!!!!!!!

ohmwrecker
12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Portland is on the road to rebuild . . . again.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Portland is in deep shit right now.....

ElNono
12-09-2010, 06:31 PM
We be tankin'...

I wonder if tschlong went all emo.
At any rate, Non-Issue

greyforest
12-09-2010, 06:39 PM
portland is the team of lost hopes and dreams

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2010, 07:18 PM
where the dong t hlong

SpursDynasty85
12-09-2010, 07:33 PM
where the dong t hlong

what does this mean?

Ghazi
12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Roy to the Mavs!

Killakobe81
12-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Things is i know it's douchey to say i told you so ...but i called this. i have been calling this for 3 straight off-seasons ...a lot of people on here bought in to Portland has all this great young talent or talk about how they are a future power. But they have no one in the class of: duncan, kobe, Lebron, Wade, KG, Rose, Dwight or even durant.

Neither roy, aldridge or Oden are HOF/MVP caliber players and it is damn near impossible to win a title woithout one. the Pistons being the lone exception over the past 30 years.

Second those said players that many believed were better than they actually were ...two of them (Roy and Oden) have had significant injury concerns GOING back to high school. So why would THAT team whose two most talented players are damaged goods, be consisedered legit? We have a similar player bynum, but he is not one of our two best players ...tha is the difference between the Lakers and the blazers.

Good news for Portland, matthews, batum are great complementary pieces and Aldridge should be a solid #2 to a true HOF calier player. If the Blazers were smart they would trade every player not besides those 3 and Camby and try and convince Melo or some other legit star to lead them. they have money, great fans, and are the only pro franchise in town. but if they tank, my guess is they will choose Kyrie Irving or some other guy coming off injury and pass on Barnes, jones, Knight or some other future star for a damaged goods one ...that is the blazers way ...

HeavyWeight
12-09-2010, 09:54 PM
:(

tlongII
12-10-2010, 12:01 AM
We fine.

cobbler
12-10-2010, 12:09 AM
We fine.

He lives! I have given you my share of grief over your Blazers will take out the Laker posts... but I have to say... the run of bad luck you guys are going through is tragic. Injuries should never play such a prominent role.

Keep the chin up! :toast

KapitanTutan
12-10-2010, 12:12 AM
We fine.

even you dont believe that

SpursDynasty85
12-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Neither roy, aldridge or Oden are HOF/MVP caliber players and it is damn near impossible to win a title woithout one. the Pistons being the lone exception over the past 30 years.

Roy was looking to be that MVP/HOFER type player until that injury in the playoffs last year.

Good news for Portland, matthews, batum are great complementary pieces and Aldridge should be a solid #2 to a true HOF calier player. If the Blazers were smart they would trade every player not besides those 3 and Camby and try and convince Melo or some other legit star to lead them. they have money, great fans, and are the only pro franchise in town. but if they tank, my guess is they will choose Kyrie Irving or some other guy coming off injury and pass on Barnes, jones, Knight or some other future star for a damaged goods one ...that is the blazers way

I agree with this..

TD 21
12-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Things is i know it's douchey to say i told you so ...but i called this. i have been calling this for 3 straight off-seasons ...a lot of people on here bought in to Portland has all this great young talent or talk about how they are a future power. But they have no one in the class of: duncan, kobe, Lebron, Wade, KG, Rose, Dwight or even durant.

Second those said players that many believed were better than they actually were ...two of them (Roy and Oden) have had significant injury concerns GOING back to high school. So why would THAT team whose two most talented players are damaged goods, be consisedered legit? We have a similar player bynum, but he is not one of our two best players ...tha is the difference between the Lakers and the blazers.

Good news for Portland, matthews, batum are great complementary pieces and Aldridge should be a solid #2 to a true HOF calier player. If the Blazers were smart they would trade every player not besides those 3 and Camby and try and convince Melo or some other legit star to lead them. they have money, great fans, and are the only pro franchise in town. but if they tank, my guess is they will choose Kyrie Irving or some other guy coming off injury and pass on Barnes, jones, Knight or some other future star for a damaged goods one ...that is the blazers way ...

I agree for the most part, but I thought a few years ago that Roy could eventually pull a Billups and be a Finals MVP type, if not a regular season caliber MVP type player.

It does make sense, though, at this point, to not start over completely (they're stuck with Roy, Aldridge, Batum, Matthews and Oden should all be kept, plus they should find out what they have with Johnson, Babbitt, Williams and Mills, before making decisions on them), but to purge themselves of their high priced veterans, as well as Fernandez and get more young players and picks back. It's not like they're close to contending and they more than likely won't be in the limited time left that Camby, Miller and Pryzbilla, have as useful players.

ElNono
12-10-2010, 12:38 AM
As a franchise guy, Roy has been always a fraud. People always said I was hating, but it's the truth. He's all full of himself, cried that he didn't get enough touches, cried when Miller came around and took on a big role, cried to get the coach fired. He's a talented kid, whose ceiling is borderline All Star, and could probably make a great Robin on a team with a star. I think it's time for Portland to end the Roy as the franchise experiment.

tlongII
12-10-2010, 01:18 AM
We're beating the hell out of Orlando right now.

Killakobe81
12-10-2010, 02:33 AM
As a franchise guy, Roy has been always a fraud. People always said I was hating, but it's the truth. He's all full of himself, cried that he didn't get enough touches, cried when Miller came around and took on a big role, cried to get the coach fired. He's a talented kid, whose ceiling is borderline All Star, and could probably make a great Robin on a team with a star. I think it's time for Portland to end the Roy as the franchise experiment.

This. he is an all-star just not HOF MVP type ...

Also, winning a Finals MVP means you are good, but Billups and Parker won one and neither are HOFers .. I could see Roy winning a Finals MVP but he would need a superstar like duncan to anchor him like Parker did ...

tlongII
12-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Unfortunately B-Roy will never win a Finals MVP. His knees are shot. He's a good complimentary player now, but that's it. We'll have to look to others for leadership now. Good thing we signed Matthews.

lil_penny
12-10-2010, 02:38 AM
non issue

Killakobe81
12-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Unfortunately B-Roy will never win a Finals MVP. His knees are shot. He's a good complimentary player now, but that's it. We'll have to look to others for leadership now. Good thing we signed Matthews.

i never said i thought it would happen just saying it is possible, but hey me bangin' Lauren London is possibble, just not likely ...