PDA

View Full Version : Today i fainted. Like a boss.

IronMaxipad
12-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah title says it all, really. I was at my job on the till, serving customers. I suppose it was because i had not eaten since 8 AM because i was actually starting to feel really hungry, thirsty and weak. Since i had only about 15 minutes of my shift to go. i thought i'd soldier on until my shift was over. As i was serving this one customer, i began to feel really weak. I was about to ask my supervisor if i could go as soon as i finished serving her until i just blacked out and i woke up with everyone worrying over me. I always thought that fainting was something oversized girly men and women did, well guess i was wrong.

Have any of you ever fainted? It really is the craziest feeling.

KapitanTutan
12-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Have any of you ever fainted?

does being drunk count?

frodo
12-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah title says it all, really. I was at my job on the till, serving customers. I suppose it was because i had not eaten since 8 AM because i was actually starting to feel really hungry, thirsty and weak. Since i had only about 15 minutes of my shift to go. i thought i'd soldier on until my shift was over. As i was serving this one customer, i began to feel really weak. I was about to ask my supervisor if i could go as soon as i finished serving her until i just blacked out and i woke up with everyone worrying over me. I always thought that fainting was something oversized girly men and women did, well guess i was wrong.

Have any of you ever fainted? It really is the craziest feeling.

you weren't wrong

Sisk
12-09-2010, 10:39 PM
you weren't wrong

Yeah, set himself up for that one..

Never fainted but it seems like a pain in the ass

TE
12-09-2010, 11:32 PM
That sucks.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Fainted once, freshman year of college. Standing at attention waiting to march, and sweating my ass off in BDUs. Wasn't out more than a couple seconds, tho--grabbed some water and I was fine to go ahead and march.

TE
12-09-2010, 11:51 PM
I once blacked out while taking a test, it was the most shittiest experience of my life.

4>0rings
12-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Fainting.... menopause kick in?

KapitanTutan
12-09-2010, 11:57 PM
I once blacked out while taking a test, it was the most shittiest experience of my life.

did the test's difficulty made you faint?

Fpoonsie
12-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I've "felt faint" before (cold sweat, started to see spots, etc)...but never passed out.

Ever had to have those smelling salts used on ya? [shudder] That shit's intense...

DeadlyDynasty
12-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Fainted once, freshman year of college. Standing at attention waiting to march, and sweating my ass off in BDUs. Wasn't out more than a couple seconds, tho--grabbed some water and I was fine to go ahead and march.

Locking your legs during those things is a surefire way to pass out

ohmwrecker
12-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Does passing out from being electrocuted count?

Gutter92
12-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Today i fainted like a bitch

I stopped reading there tbh

TDMVPDPOY
12-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Does passing out from being electrocuted count?

electrocuted is not fun man :( i had experience it once when i was 7-10yrs old...i still remember very vividly the clown i was...putting a fork into the socket and jump i went

Gutter92
12-10-2010, 12:54 AM
electrocuted is not fun man :( i had experience it once when i was 7-10yrs old...i still remember very vividly the clown i was...putting a fork into the socket and jump i went

wow lmao how'd you survive 3 years of electrocuting yourself?

Sisk
12-10-2010, 12:56 AM

:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
12-10-2010, 12:57 AM

ok, that was pretty good :lol

phyzik
12-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I once made myself pass out after watching a Beavis and Butthead episode when I was young, I think they where either blowing on their thumbs really hard or holding their nostrils closed and trying to blow out of their noses really hard.

Either way, it scared the shit out of me, mainly because I thought it wouldnt work. Never did anything I saw on TV after that. :lol

mrsmaalox
12-10-2010, 11:47 AM
I fainted twice in a row a few years ago. I was upset cuz both times I landed face first and got immediate black eyes. Then after the 3rd faint, I was more surprised than upset when I woke up from emergency surgery for internal bleeding.

NASpurs
12-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey this thread looks familiar

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415405

TE
12-11-2010, 12:20 AM
did the test's difficulty made you faint?

tbh yes it was, I was taking my third biochemistry exam of the fall term last year. It was crazy that day, I remember having three exams on the same day, with the biochem exam being the last one.

I ended up pwning the exam, but it came at a sleep depriving cost.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Locking your legs during those things is a surefire way to pass out

No joke :P Weird thing was, though--my legs weren't locked at all. I'd just been sweating like a pig all day long in that late summer sun, and I guess my body just couldn't take it anymore. Scary experience--you can bet I kept my ass hydrated and knees unlocked from then on :lol