PDA

View Full Version : Cuban tabs Heat NBA’s best team; calls Mikhail Prokhorov a 'p***y'

duncan228
12-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Edit: Added the Prokhorov comment, it's also in post #31.

Cuban tabs Heat NBA’s best team (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/12/09/cuban-tabs-heat-nbas-best-team/)
Art Garcia

DALLAS — During a visit to San Antonio this past weekend, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said the Mavericks were probably the best team in the league right now. It’s hard to argue that opinion, given the 10-game winning streak the Mavs took into tonight’s game against New Jersey.

I brought this up with Mark Cuban as he pounded away on the Stairmaster. Surely, he has to be pleased with the progress of the hottest team in the NBA, one that battling San Antonio for the league’s best record. But are the Mavs, in Cuban’s biased opinion, the best around?

“Miami is the best team in the league right now,” Cuban said simply.

Really? The 15-8 Heat? Yes, Miami has rolled off six in a row to climb to third in the Eastern Conference. I asked Cuban to elaborate and he stuck to his guns that Miami was the class of the NBA.

Ok, Mark. Maybe he’s just gigging LeBron James and the SuperFriends. Maybe he’s just being Cuban. He’s bound to say anything at any time.

The Mavs already beat the Heat in late November and finish off the two-game regular season series Dec. 20 at Miami. Is this a (another) Finals preview or just a meeting between the NBA’s top two clubs?

At least one of the teams is probably in that group. Just depends on who you ask.

When billionaires fight: Mark Cuban calls Mikhail Prokhorov a “p***y” (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/10/when-billionaires-fight-mark-cuban-calls-mikhail-prokhorov-a-%e2%80%9cpy%e2%80%9d/)
Kurt Helin

Suddenly Mark Cuban is the king of the one-liner (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/09/mark-cuban-calls-the-heat-the-best-team-in-the-league/).

One liners that leave you guessing as to what is really going on. The latest comes via the New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/12/09/2010-12-09_mark_cuban_needles_nets_owner_mikhail_prokhorov _before_mavericks_pound_nets_in_d.html?r=sports), when before Cuban’s Mavericks went out and pounded the New Jersey Nets, he was asked about new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov.

If this turns into anything more than playful teasing from one outspoken NBA owner to another, let it be known that Mark Cuban threw the first punch at Mikhail Prokhorov….

“He’s a p—y,” Cuban quipped Thursday when asked about Prokhorov…

“(Prokhorov) doesn’t come to games,” Cuban said. “Who the hell knows?”

Just a few thoughts.

The first is that we have no idea of the context here. Maybe the two have met or spoken, hit it off and this is just playful ribbing. Maybe not. We don’t really know, but it kind of struck me as guys being guys banter more than actual animosity. Who know really, though?

Secondly, if Cuban were a player who did that during a game he’d get a respect for the game technical. For owners, David Stern gives out those technical and it involves writing checks. Could happen.

Third, and this is just more of a personal note from me as a Los Angeles native — I want Cuban to buy the Dodgers. Now more than ever. Make it happen for me, Mark.

BlackSwordsMan
12-09-2010, 10:48 PM
crucify em cuban

Killakobe81
12-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Cuban playing mind games ...FBI Cuban? since CIA is already stolen ...

Ghazi
12-09-2010, 11:05 PM
maybe he's right... maybe.

Killakobe81
12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
LOL Holinger agrees ...

Pelicans78
12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
LOL Holinger agrees ...

:lol

ChrisRichards
12-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Dallas is the best team followed closely by Boston. Miami is heating though and desrves the 3rd spot undeniably.

KapitanTutan
12-09-2010, 11:24 PM
probably bullshiting

guy's a douche anyway

TD 21
12-09-2010, 11:42 PM
AKA, "I'm not saying the Spurs are, even though it's obvious they are and I'll look like a homer if I say the Mavs, so I'll just go off the board and pick a team nobody is tabbing as the best at the moment, so I can sound like I know more than I actually do".

TE
12-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Best teams in the NBA.
(in order)

Mavs, Spurs, Celtics, Heat.... and everyone else

Proceed

Ghazi
12-09-2010, 11:47 PM
AKA, "I'm not saying the Spurs are, even though it's obvious they are and I'll look like a homer if I say the Mavs, so I'll just go off the board and pick a team nobody is tabbing as the best at the moment, so I can sound like I know more than I actually do".

How is it obvious the Spurs are the best team?

:lol fuckin dipshit

Fpoonsie
12-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Hey, Fin.

SpursDynasty85
12-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Celtics,Mavs,Spurs,Magic,Heat... in order.

TD 21
12-09-2010, 11:57 PM
How is it obvious the Spurs are the best team?

:lol fuckin dipshit

Because the Mavs have the same problem they've always had: they lack a go-to perimeter player. Sure, they play better defense now, but they're worse offensively than they've been in recent memory. They're just good enough to push the Lakers or Spurs in a series, but ultimately come up short.

As for the Spurs, I'm fairly certain they have the best regular season record and point differential in the league in this calendar year. I'm not saying they're the favorites, but it's tough to not consider them the best team in the league at the moment.

Fpoonsie
12-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Because the Mavs have the same problem they've always had: they lack a go-to perimeter player.

Ya mean, outside a' Dirk?

namlook
12-10-2010, 12:14 AM
LOL Holinger agrees ...

Of course he does. Hollinger also said the Jazz were better than the Lakers how many times? :lol

MavDynasty
12-10-2010, 12:15 AM
:cry Dirk fucking blows because he ONLY shoots 55% against players 4 inches lower than him :cry He doesn't even fucking make it on the top 50 PF of all time list because he only gets defended by players 4 fucking inches shorter than him :cry

TD 21
12-10-2010, 12:24 AM
:cry Dirk fucking blows because he ONLY shoots 55% against players 4 inches lower than him :cry He doesn't even fucking make it on the top 50 PF of all time list because he only gets defended by players 4 fucking inches shorter than him :cry

I never said that. I said that greatly helps him (which it does), but I've also said he should be in the Hall-of-Fame (obviously, he will be, but it's not like I'm pretending he shouldn't be), starting in the All-Star game and, for now, in the MVP discussion.

I'm very fair. Only you Mavs fans are a bunch of overly sensitive pussies and take offense every time someone doesn't relentlessly slobber over this overrated clown.

But this isn't about that overrated clown, this is about Cuban going out of his way to avoid saying the obvious because he's too much of a pussy to admit it.

ElNono
12-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Cubes with the reverse jinx... I bet he still has nightmares of Wade shooting free-throws...

Ghazi
12-10-2010, 12:32 AM
his asspains know no bounds :lol

Flo-Rida
12-10-2010, 12:33 AM
n0 y0

TD 21
12-10-2010, 12:41 AM
his asspains know no bounds :lol

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I could say some random shit like "Nowitzki's a fag" and you'd throw a fit...and then to pretend "you don't take this shit too seriously", you'd throw in an emoticon. Typical cliche message board shit.

I've had debates about Duncan on this board (in terms of his place in history, etc.), but you don't see me running around "defending him" every time some troll starts a thread about him or someone has something negative to say about him. Anyone who does that type of shit has a serious problem.

j-money24
12-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Funny how the Lakers are not mentioned on anybodys best team list but they will be ones on top by june

Roddy Beaubois
12-10-2010, 02:07 AM
:cry derrick rose is only good because he is faster then all the people guarding him

phyzik
12-10-2010, 09:28 AM
This is coming from a guy thinks Jason Kidd is the second best player in the league.

:lmao

hater
12-10-2010, 09:43 AM
probably bullshiting

guy's a douche anyway

Basketballgirl25
12-10-2010, 09:55 AM
well he knows they are better then his Mavericks, so got to give him credit

mavsfan1000
12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
The Lakers are still the best team. Regular season doesn't mean shit.

Mike-in-brazil
12-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Funny how the Lakers are not mentioned on anybodys best team list but they will be ones on top by june

Lakers are mentioned by basketball experts ...fans= opinion based/current stats...people are expressing by records and opinions which is cool...

some people grade of records...whats this dec now right?
Im sure hornets would have been listed as one of the best teans right now if their streak was still valid like others,but they got exposed to early...

Cuban..is no basketball expert no more than anyone else in here...he was a fan boy that got rich and brought a team u can tell by the choices he makes heat are playing well right now but no more then bulls...

look celtics...mavs...heat....knicks
have the best wining streaks at this point...so if im grading like u all then ill say knicks are one of the best teams in the NBA!!!

ill grade in march!!!

I would like to see lakers mav WCF . never seen before they have two decent bigs....chandler/dirk

Basketballgirl25
12-10-2010, 11:18 AM
The Lakers are still the best team. Regular season doesn't mean shit.

Lakers are the best, I think it will be another Lakers vs Celtics finals, though I think Celtics win this time:toast:toast

duncan228
12-10-2010, 01:40 PM
:lol

When billionaires fight: Mark Cuban calls Mikhail Prokhorov a “p***y” (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/10/when-billionaires-fight-mark-cuban-calls-mikhail-prokhorov-a-%e2%80%9cpy%e2%80%9d/)
Kurt Helin

Suddenly Mark Cuban is the king of the one-liner (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/09/mark-cuban-calls-the-heat-the-best-team-in-the-league/).

One liners that leave you guessing as to what is really going on. The latest comes via the New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/12/09/2010-12-09_mark_cuban_needles_nets_owner_mikhail_prokhorov _before_mavericks_pound_nets_in_d.html?r=sports), when before Cuban’s Mavericks went out and pounded the New Jersey Nets, he was asked about new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov.

If this turns into anything more than playful teasing from one outspoken NBA owner to another, let it be known that Mark Cuban threw the first punch at Mikhail Prokhorov….

“He’s a p—y,” Cuban quipped Thursday when asked about Prokhorov…

“(Prokhorov) doesn’t come to games,” Cuban said. “Who the hell knows?”

Just a few thoughts.

The first is that we have no idea of the context here. Maybe the two have met or spoken, hit it off and this is just playful ribbing. Maybe not. We don’t really know, but it kind of struck me as guys being guys banter more than actual animosity. Who know really, though?

Secondly, if Cuban were a player who did that during a game he’d get a respect for the game technical. For owners, David Stern gives out those technical and it involves writing checks. Could happen.

Third, and this is just more of a personal note from me as a Los Angeles native — I want Cuban to buy the Dodgers. Now more than ever. Make it happen for me, Mark.

rickross
12-10-2010, 02:34 PM
LMAO cuban.

he sho has sweet dreams!

http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/archives/wade.jpg

Basketballgirl25
12-10-2010, 03:27 PM
I love it when these billionaires fight, they are like little boys fighting

YoungB
12-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Lol guys, spurs are OBVIOUSLY the best team! :lol :rollin

rickross
12-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Lol guys, spurs are OBVIOUSLY the best team! :lol :rollin

nigga shut yo corn ass mouth. WE DA BEST.

and LOL @ cuban talkin shit, remember this faggot, hiving yo 70year old hooka while shittin yo pants?

9jgxlPfSr-0&feature=related

dat wit yo girl dirk takin it in the azz extra hard jus like she loves it.
dC-pzv34c50&feature=related

Roddy Beaubois
12-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I love it when these billionaires fight, they are like little boys fighting

post at the same frequency in which you are currently posting

poop
12-10-2010, 11:03 PM
lol mavs.

Rummpd
12-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Dallas is the best team followed closely by Boston. Miami is heating though and desrves the 3rd spot undeniably.

Huh? Mavs/Spurs/Boston in some order but not the NO PG NO C Heat

Agloco
12-11-2010, 12:50 AM
probably bullshiting

guy's a douche anyway

This. Who gives a fuck what Cubes' opinion is of them anyway?

SA210
12-11-2010, 02:40 AM
I am upset about our loss to the Mavs. We should have won, but we didint' play to our potential. We need to beat them next time Spurs play them.

rayjayjohnson
12-11-2010, 02:46 AM
porkhorov may be a pussy, but at least he's not mark cuban.

crc21209
12-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Who really cares about this guy anymore? :lol

Basketballgirl25
12-11-2010, 08:02 AM
porkhorov may be a pussy, but at least he's not mark cuban.

I wouldn't say Porkhorov is a pussy, Cubans been around longer and has done more things with his team, but porkhorov has balls putting a big sign outside the Knicks arena, and porkhorov's team did try and get Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, didn't see Cuban trying to trade for one of them, I say trade because I thought I heard that's the only way they could get one of them.

TheRealCB
12-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't say Porkhorov is a pussy, Cubans been around longer and has done more things with his team, but porkhorov has balls putting a big sign outside the Knicks arena, and porkhorov's team did try and get Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, didn't see Cuban trying to trade for one of them, I say trade because I thought I heard that's the only way they could get one of them.

You work anywhere near the Raptors/Mavericks/Heat/Cavaliers franchises and you know that?

Basketballgirl25
12-11-2010, 04:50 PM
You work anywhere near the Raptors/Mavericks/Heat/Cavaliers franchises and you know that?

I don't need to work near them to know anything, that's what the web is for didn't hear about Mavs trying to trade and or get one of those three players, they went for the older one they already had Dirk.