PDA

View Full Version : Mav Fans: Why does Chandler start over Haywood?

LkrFan
12-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Admittedly, I haven't seen any of the Mav games all year - just BSPN highlights. Based on their history and the Mavs' need for size at the center spot, Haywood should start. I believe that Chandler is a good weak side shot blocker, a good team defender, and he can catch/finish passes from J Kidd. That won't be good enough IMO. You guys should start Haywood to match up with frontlines that have beef in the middle.

The only reason I could see Chandler starting over Haywood would be due to health. Is Haywood healthy? Because if he is, he needs to start. Bring Chandler off the bench.

Just my 0.02.

TE
12-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Your .02 cents aren't worth much, especially if you think what your post implied. Chandler is the better player, all-around, which thus is the reason he starts.

Ghazi
12-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Haywood <<< Chandler

monosylab1k
12-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Admittedly, I haven't seen any of the Mav games all year - just BSPN highlights. Based on their history and the Mavs' need for size at the center spot, Haywood should start. I believe that Chandler is a good weak side shot blocker, a good team defender, and he can catch/finish passes from J Kidd. That won't be good enough IMO. You guys should start Haywood to match up with frontlines that have beef in the middle.

The only reason I could see Chandler starting over Haywood would be due to health. Is Haywood healthy? Because if he is, he needs to start. Bring Chandler off the bench.

Just my 0.02.

If you even bothered watching most Mavs games, you'd know that Chandler is the single biggest reason the Mavs actually play good defense this season.

sribb43
12-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Watch the games before you post some wack ass shit like this. Haywood is the Mavs 3rd string center. Chandler has propelled himself to the best center in mavs history

SpursDynasty85
12-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Based on their history and the Mavs' need for size at the center spot, Haywood should start.

You've never even seen Chandler then. Tyson Chandler towers over most centers.

MavDynasty
12-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Son, Haywood is a contract whore who sucks fucking ass on Free throws and on offense in general.

Leetonidas
12-10-2010, 12:09 AM
The fuck? Isn't Chandler like 7'1"?

LkrFan
12-10-2010, 12:10 AM
You guys are stupid. I stated in my original post that I HAVE NOT WATCHED ANY MAV GAMES this year. Anyway, as a Laker fan, I'm glad he's starting because he can't check Pau or Bynum. And if Haywood ain't good enough to supplant Chandler as a starter y'all are fucked with no Vaseline if you meet up with the champs in the playoffs.

Leetonidas
12-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Bynum's knee will check him, tbh

BoricuaCJA
12-10-2010, 12:12 AM
You've never even seen Chandler then. Tyson Chandler towers over most centers.
Yeah, the muthafucker is 7'1"! I wish we had him on our team.

MavDynasty
12-10-2010, 12:12 AM
:cry great fuckin analysis :cry

tbh, your post is almost as useless as Haywood considering you havn't even seen a second of Mavs ball. Lol thinking Chandler blows when he is the primary reason why the Mavs are great in defense this year

MavDynasty
12-10-2010, 12:13 AM
tbh, just realized we're getting trolled.

nice brah

LkrFan
12-10-2010, 12:16 AM
If you even bothered watching most Mavs games, you'd know that Chandler is the single biggest reason the Mavs actually play good defense this season.
I'm deployed, so I can't watch any games yet. Point taken though.

monosylab1k
12-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I HAVE NOT WATCHED ANY MAV GAMES

:lmao then why make this fucking thread? You just enjoy talking out of your ass?

I haven't watch any Laker games so I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY ARTEST IS STARTING OVER DEVIN EBANKS!!!!!!!!!

dude1394
12-10-2010, 12:18 AM
I haven't watched any laker games so why is Odom starting over Luke Walton?!!

LkrFan
12-10-2010, 12:20 AM
:lmao then why make this fucking thread? You just enjoy talking out of your ass?

I haven't watch any Laker games so I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY ARTEST IS STARTING OVER DEVIN EBANKS!!!!!!!!!
Because PJ doesn't play rookies. Duh! :lol

HarlemHeat37
12-10-2010, 12:21 AM
:lol have you guys never seen the OP post?..this is one of the best arguments I've ever seen him make:lol..

DeadlyDynasty
12-10-2010, 12:22 AM

was kinda curious about that myself

Jose Canseco
12-10-2010, 12:24 AM
brool cory sto

Ace
12-10-2010, 12:24 AM
You haven't watched a game, haven't seen how one player is playing over the other and yet you made this thread? :lmao

Ace
12-10-2010, 12:26 AM
:lol have you guys never seen the OP post?..this is one of the best arguments I've ever seen him make:lol..
Typical grey Laker fan talking basketball.

ElNono
12-10-2010, 12:27 AM
This is what happens when you opine based on NBA 2k11 instead of actually watching games. I bet Haywood has triple-doubles every game in his/her PS3.

LkrFan
12-10-2010, 12:32 AM
You haven't watched a game, haven't seen how one player is playing over the other and yet you made this thread? :lmao
What's funny about it? Based on their history is how I made it. When the Mavs 1st got Haywood they matched up really well with the Lakers. They beat them once or twice IIRC. Any team that had Tyson Chandler on it didn't see him "get off" on the Lakers on either side of the ball. Unless he was catching a lob from CP or weakside swatting, he wasn't worth shit. Despite his perceived improved play, he ain't doing shit against the Lakers, Celtics, or the Magic IMO. He's too light in the ass. And when Utah get's their shit together, he won't be much against them either unless J Kidd spoon feeds him.

At least with Haywood they have some beef to go against teams with elite bigs. Just wait until y'all play a team with a real center. You'll see. I'll be laughing then.

DeadlyDynasty
12-10-2010, 12:38 AM
What's funny about it? Based on their history is how I made it. When the Mavs 1st got Haywood they matched up really well with the Lakers. They beat them once or twice IIRC. Any team that had Tyson Chandler on it didn't see him "get off" on the Lakers on either side of the ball. Unless he was catching a lob from CP or weakside swatting, he wasn't worth shit. Despite his perceived improved play, he ain't doing shit against the Lakers, Celtics, or the Magic IMO. He's too light in the ass. And when Utah get's their shit together, he won't be much against them either unless J Kidd spoon feeds him.

At least with Haywood they have some beef to go against teams with elite bigs. Just wait until y'all play a team with a real center. You'll see. I'll be laughing then.

Chandler's by no means the defensive savior some Mavs fans make him out to be, but come on man...Haywood is a festering turd out there.

Gutter92
12-10-2010, 12:39 AM
http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/meh.ro4765.jpg

ElNono
12-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Haywood has a text-book case of "I got paid, bichez"... It's like a Dampier clone. He'll probably pick it up in the last year of his contract.

JayTheClown
12-10-2010, 12:41 AM
http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/meh.ro4765.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

LkrFan
12-10-2010, 12:42 AM
This is the same guy that once said that the Lakers and Jazz have never had great offenses:lol..I still think it's a Bump Classic..
They don't have great offenses. Like I've posted, even Kobe said the triangle was boring. Both offenses are playoff tested and not dependent on one player. The Lakers and Jazz have had good players running their offenses. That's another reason why you think their offenses were great. The players were great, not the offense. Kobe, Shaq, Pau, Stockton, Malone, will make either offense look good when they have good complimentary players.

Ace
12-10-2010, 12:47 AM

Because players don't play better in contract years? If a player has a good year one year it doesn't mean that will play the same the next and vice versa. Common sense I would think but maybe not for you.

Hoops Czar
12-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Because the Mavs are 18-4..

LkrFan
12-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Haywood has a text-book case of "I got paid, bichez"... It's like a Dampier clone. He'll probably pick it up in the last year of his contract.
I've seen that comment a lot on ST. That's fucked up, but make no mistake, they will need Haywood.

Maybe he is sulking and dragging ass because he's pissed that he is not starting and thinks he should? That would be stupid, but if he is healthy there has to be a reason why his play has fell off.

Ace
12-10-2010, 12:50 AM
To make judgment on a player/team I would think you would ideally want to see they play before making that call/thread and making your self look foolish.

ElNono
12-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Maybe he is sulking and dragging ass because he's pissed that he is not starting and thinks he should? That would be stupid, but if he is healthy there has to be a reason why his play has fell off.

He was Wizards material before Dallas. Stupid is certainly a possibility. But I'll go with lazy.

LkrFan
12-10-2010, 01:02 AM
To make judgment on a player/team I would think you would ideally want to see they play before making that call/thread and making your self look foolish.
I have a perception of both players from the times they played the Lakers and I made this thread based off of that. Based off of my perceptions of them, I asked the question of why Chandler starts. I don't see what is wrong with that. It's hardly foolish. Ignorant, only because I haven't seen the Mavs play this year, but not foolish.

Ace
12-10-2010, 01:07 AM
I have a perception of both players from the times they played the Lakers and I made this thread based off of that. Based off of my perceptions of them, I asked the question of why Chandler starts. I don't see what is wrong with that. It's hardly foolish. Ignorant, only because I haven't seen the Mavs play this year, but not foolish.

Foolish in that your basing it off a contract year Haywood and a Chandler that hasn't been healthy. Chandler is obviously healthy this year and playing good. Haywood not so much. I've seen a few Mav games and I'm basing my opinion off what I've seen from them this season.

LkrFan
12-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Foolish in that your basing it off a contract year Haywood and a Chandler that hasn't been healthy. Chandler is obviously healthy this year and playing good. Haywood not so much. I've seen a few Mav games and I'm basing my opinion off what I've seen from them this season.
Chandler hasn't been shit since he was a senior in HS. He has no offense unless he is spoon fed. Against the Lakers, who is he going to post up? Pau? Bynum? Odom (maybe)? If he isn't catching lobs or getting putback dunks, what good is he on offense? Healthy or not, Chandler ain't shit.

He could still start for your Hype though. :toast

Ace
12-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Chandler hasn't been shit since he was a senior in HS. He has no offense unless he is spoon fed. Against the Lakers, who is he going to post up? Pau? Bynum? Odom (maybe)? If he isn't catching lobs or getting putback dunks, what good is he on offense? Healthy or not, Chandler ain't shit.

He could still start for your Hype though. :toast

Well now we know the reason behind your stupidity. ESPN highlights :lol

Phillip
12-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Haywood is probably a more talented player than Chandler though. When he wants to, he has shown much more of an ability to score in the low post, and seems to have great timing on his offensive rebound put-backs and slamming missed shots in.

Problem is he has consistency issues, although I don't neccesarily think its due to laziness like Dampier, as opposed to not being happy coming off the bench, although he has seemed to be getting better and more accustomed to it as the season goes on.

Gotta say, Mahinimi has been a nice surprise though. It's really nice to be 3 deep at the center position, with 3 quality players.