PDA

View Full Version : Should Ginobili hold out next year for a new contract?

tlongII
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
I think he should. It is clear that this guy is grossly underpaid. His agent needs to keep him out of training camp so that the Spurs will increase his pay.

ladiesman
05-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Smoking the lettuce this early in the morning aren't we...

dn0774
05-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Hahaha...this ain't the NFL. The only thing holding out would do in the NBA is get you not paid.

MiNuS
05-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Read my post:

NOT-Go-ing-to happen.

You wish he pulled a Shaq or Peja or any number of over inflated NBA egos and ask for a trade. HA! Ain't gonna happen! Ofcourse money is important but don't you think he would have taken that approach by going to Denver? Manu will get his money and more. He is about to explode into the NBA marketing arena.He is ALOT MORE marketable that Mr "YES/NO" Yao! Manu is a WORLD CLASS PLAYER. Get it?Comprendes,mendes o te esplico Kiko?

Manu can Hot dog it,se puede aventar un azado!
When Manu's cooking,everyone gets served!

sa_butta
05-26-2005, 12:58 PM
isnt there a threat of a lockout in the NBA anyway?

MiNuS
05-26-2005, 01:04 PM
OKAY,OKAY,OKAY!

only English in the posts!

The post conference media guy is telling to post "ONLY ENGLISH"!

picnroll
05-26-2005, 01:05 PM
An underpaid player must be quite a novelty to a Jailblazer fan.

WalterBenitez
05-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Smoking the lettuce this early in the morning aren't we...

:rollin

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Someone didn't read the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement for Dummies book.

rayray2k8
05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
I think he should. It is clear that this guy is grossly underpaid. His agent needs to keep him out of training camp so that the Spurs will increase his pay.

damn.. i feel sorry for these fans..
it must be a real bad vibe going on over there
if you think manu will do this to the spurs..
so you think maybe Tim Duncan might do the same,
since he's being waaay underpayed.
you might as well add kevin garnett.
These guys wont hold out because they know that
taking paycut can help the team by get better by
surrounding their super-star with role players.
That way KG and TD help set an example for the others
i.e manu and/or tony, by taking less money and doing
whats best for the team and better your chances as a contender
for a championship.
Plus, its not manu's style to do such a thing since hes probably
the most grateful player in the league...
possible in all of sports.

i know you envy our team bro, and i cant blame you for
trying to cause problems in our forum, but this team and its fans
are very supportive of each other.

while your Blazers are :smokin in the summer
Our spurs are :drunk celebrating in June, but they dont
just drink it... They wear it :king

dbreiden83080
05-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Ther are no holdouts in the NBA that is why the money is all guranteed. The NFL nothing is guranteed so they depend on their signing bonuses to be huge. If they play above the value in the NFL they usually hold out because the money is not a sure thing. If manu was to miss all of next year due to injury( knock on wood that never happens) Spurs would still owe every cent of the 7 mil he is due to make, in the NFL they just relese you and owe you next to nothing.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-26-2005, 03:24 PM

Man, you've been watching the jailblazers too long, tbongII. That's the sort of thing only one of the douchebags that passes for basketball players in Portland would pull if holdouts were even possible in the NBA. :rolleyes

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-26-2005, 03:38 PM

Written by a man whose team is famous for fat, cumbersome deals that handcuff a franchise.

Sweet!

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I think Derek Anderson gave you guys the wrong impression of what Spurs players are really like. Ginobili will play.

50 cent
05-26-2005, 04:55 PM
:lol

Lay off the :smokin tlong and just be glad you got the #3 pick.

Even if it was possible, you think a guy that loves his teammates and doesn't even complain about going to the bench when he is playing great just to help team would holdout?
:lmao

tlongII
05-26-2005, 05:14 PM
The Spurs can avoid this by simpling redoing his contract. They should or they will have problems.

nkdlunch
05-26-2005, 05:17 PM
The Spurs can avoid this by simpling redoing his contract. They should or they will have problems.

Didn't you read the responses you got?

ObiwanGinobili
05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm sorry, but when your talking MILLIONS to play a game you love on a team you love with people you love..... there is no such thing as *underpaid*.

maxpower
05-26-2005, 05:26 PM

Spoken like a true blazers fan.

picnroll
05-26-2005, 05:36 PM
What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be scouring police blotters looking for the next Blazer draft pick?

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Tlong is just here to ruffle feathers. Nothing more nothing less. I mean come on, the the guy is from Boreland and his team hasn't been in the playoffs for two straight years.

angel_luv
05-26-2005, 05:47 PM
damn.. i feel sorry for these fans..
it must be a real bad vibe going on over there
if you think manu will do this to the spurs..

I may only have a slight aquaintance with Manu, but I know him well enough to be postive he'd never even consider blackmailing the team.
Gino is a thousands times above that.

DDS4
05-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Tlong is just here to ruffle feathers. Nothing more nothing less. I mean come on, the the guy is from Boreland and his team hasn't been in the playoffs for two straight years.

Pretty pathetic.

Him and Lakergod need to find a new hobby.

mookie2001
05-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Spoken like a true blazers fan.

dn0774
05-26-2005, 06:23 PM
What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be scouring police blotters looking for the next Blazer draft pick?

:lol That killed it right there.

NameDropper
05-26-2005, 06:50 PM
No.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2005, 06:55 PM

Like I said, you need to read NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement for Dummies.

You can't "redo" contracts

Anything else you have to say on this is just trolling.

ZStomp
05-26-2005, 07:21 PM
What A Stupid Ass Thread!

ididnotnothat
05-26-2005, 07:22 PM
I'd be happily underpaid.

smeagol
05-26-2005, 07:28 PM
What A Stupid Ass Thread!
What ^ he said.

johndraegerhhs
05-26-2005, 07:30 PM
ginobili will never do that

wildbill2u
05-26-2005, 11:53 PM

Notice he's a troublemaker from another Western conference team who'd like to see some dissension among the Spurs.

That being said, a deals a deal. However, if the Spurs want to add some sweeteners in the way of achievement awards I think Manu would be worth it.

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Ibtl

milkyway21
05-27-2005, 03:26 AM
I think he should. It is clear that this guy is grossly underpaid. His agent needs to keep him out of training camp so that the Spurs will increase his pay....you want Manu acting like prima donna, like ShaQ?

hey, the last time i heard Shaq, the 360-pounder & most dominant player in the NBA today, asked Buss for that contract extension, he was shipped to Miami.

:nope :nope :nope

let's try to remember Redd, Lebron are FA next season....