PDA

View Full Version : Going too far: Google removes CAPS LOCK KEY!!!

hater
12-10-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/12/googles-gorgeous-cr-48-notebook-ditches-caps-lock/

But best of all, Google has killed the Caps Lock key, the weapon of comment-trolls the world over. No longer will these idiots be able to SHOUT THEIR DUMB OPINIONS without holding down an extra key. And the rest of us will no longer have to retype a sentence after accidentally engaging this vestigial annoyance. The key that usually functions as Caps Lock is still there, but has been reassigned: Pressing it will bring up the netbook’s search function.

Google has also ditched the traditional row of function keys, replacing them with the media keys that most notebooks mix up with the function keys these days.

ToughActinTinactin
12-10-2010, 05:38 PM
wow...DAMN!

Viva Las Espuelas
12-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Damn. I guess everyone that buys it will have to move their pinky down about an inch or so over to the Shift key to act as a caps lock. Google sure showed us.

Nathan Explosion
12-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Damn. I guess everyone that buys it will have to move their pinky down about an inch or so over to the Shift key to act as a caps lock. Google sure showed us.

Ah, but you actually have to hold the Shift KEY IF YOU WANT TO TYPE LIKE THIS (I actually did hold the shift key while doing it). It's not that hard, but I can't imagine typing long winded posts like that.

IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO DO THIS INSTEAD. BTW, WHO THE HELL TYPES WHOLE SENTENCES WITHOUT NOTICING A FEW LETTERS IN THAT THE CAPS LOCK HAS BEEN LEFT ON? YOU'D HAVE TO BE A REAL MORON OR TOTALLY UNAWARE/INCOMPETENT TO NOTICE THAT YOU TYPED A WHOLE SENTENCE IN CAPS LOCK.

*caps lock off.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Ah, but you actually have to hold the Shift KEY IF YOU WANT TO TYPE LIKE THIS.
And? If there's a will, there's a way.

Nathan Explosion
12-11-2010, 11:42 AM
And? If there's a will, there's a way.

Ah, but you actually have to hold the Shift KEY IF YOU WANT TO TYPE LIKE THIS (I actually did hold the shift key while doing it).

I know that. I actually did it as an experiment.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-11-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't know where Sam Jackson was when he got this news, but I know it hurt him.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-11-2010, 12:18 PM
I know that. I actually did it as an experiment.

Yes. I know.