PDA

View Full Version : Best place for Christmas lights in San Antonio

Soul_Patch
12-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Anyone have a suggestion? Is Windcrest still the place to go?

We wanted to take the boy out this evening to look at lights and were unsure on where would be best.

Sisk
12-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Windcrest has always been the place to go. Went 2 years back and it was pretty awesome.

I'd imagine it still is

Viva Las Espuelas
12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
No better place than downtown.

mrsmaalox
12-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Looks like a nice evening to stroll the Riverwalk.

ToughActinTinactin
12-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Windcrest is pretty good and still free.

Dex
12-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Windcrest has always been the place to go

JayTheClown
12-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Do they put Christmas lights on the Alamo? If they don't they should. I would actually make the trip to see that :lmao

Im just playin, there aint nothing in the world that would make drive that long 2hr drive or however long it world take to get to San Antonio form DFW. huh....How long does it take? Ive lived in Dallas/Fort Worth area my entire life and never traveled past Waco. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

And Ive been to nearly all the inland states and to 4 different countries. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Wow south Texas must really suck

Viva Las Espuelas
12-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Do they put Christmas lights on the Alamo? If they don't they should. I would actually make the trip to see that :lmao

Im just playin, there aint nothing in the world that would make drive that long 2hr drive or however long it world take to get to San Antonio form DFW. huh....How long does it take? Ive lived in Dallas/Fort Worth area my entire life and never traveled past Waco. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

And Ive been to nearly all the inland states and to 4 different countries. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Wow south Texas must really suckYeah. They actually sell lights south of Waco. I make the trip every year. You should really get out more. At least get a new fresh coat of paint so it doesn't cake on your face.

JayTheClown
12-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah. They actually sell lights south of Waco. I make the trip every year. You should really get out more. At least get a new fresh coat of paint so it doesn't cake on your face.

Hey that's my skin.:nope
racist

Shelly
12-10-2010, 10:03 PM
2 streets in Braun Station by Braun Station Elementary school go all out.

fraga
12-10-2010, 10:15 PM
^^Mini Windcrest...

ploto
12-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Shavano Park

Nathan Explosion
12-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I'd rather take a stroll down the Riverwalk. But I also like the hustle and bustle of the crowds. Don't really know why.

There's also Incarnate Word. UIW hangs lights every year, and the view is very nice. Also, the college girls that go there. :)

Viva Las Espuelas
12-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd rather take a stroll down the Riverwalk. But I also like the hustle and bustle of the crowds. Don't really know whyI'm the same. I guess it's the energy.

There's also Incarnate Word. UIW hangs lights every year, and the view is very nice. Also, the college girls that go there. :)
Ah, yes. I forgot about those. That stretch of Broadway :tu

Xevious
12-11-2010, 02:28 PM
2 streets in Braun Station by Braun Station Elementary school go all out.
Agreed, although it's only one small street. Windcrest has been consistantly impressive since I've been a kid.

SourCandy
12-11-2010, 03:48 PM
I avoid crowds.

Shelly
12-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Agreed, although it's only one small street. Windcrest has been consistantly impressive since I've been a kid.

One goes all out. I used to know several people that lived on that street and it was pretty much a requirement or your neighbors would hate you if you didn't decorate (my kids went to BSE). The other one put up a lot of lights, but I don't think every house did. I haven't checked it out in years, so I don't know if how decked out it is anymore, even though I still live nearby.